Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,802 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:33 PM

What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds (50425 Views)

Reps Reject Yakubu Abdullahi's Motion To Declare Bauchi Oil-Producing State / Osinbajo Visits Ebonyi State, Received By Governor Umahi (Photos) / Akpabio, Wike And Other Oil-Producing State Governors Meet Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by caracas: 8:21am On Dec 03, 2022
EdiskyHarry:
The worst part of it is Akwa ibom State.
You will wonder why you see thousands of Akwa ibomites flooding places like Lagos, Abuja, port Harcourt, delta, bayelsa etc.
It's because life is very difficult in Akwa ibom,
We only have governors who only build worship centers, stadiums, 10 lanes, 24 story building and other unnecessary things that will not benefit the people.
Akwa ibom is not what most of you believe it is. As graduates, youths and everyone, we are suffering here. Workers are not paid, no gratuity ,no pension, no job. Only those that enjoy the state are the idiots who collects 20 thousand every week to sing praises to the government.
Udom Emmanuel is a total failure and a big disaster to Akwa ibom, every reasonable Akwa ibomites knows this
How are we sure you are not an Apc member?
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Parachoko: 8:49am On Dec 03, 2022
Brendaniel:

Bihari has a lot to be blamed for, I don't know how old you were during OBJ's time, even as corrupt as he was he put a lot of governors on their toes, that's a corrupt OBJ, now imagine someone who has more integrity than him, I'm not blaming only the president but he could have also done a lot to make some positive change as the supposed father of the nation
How did Obasanjo put a lot of Governors on their toe and yet, there's hardly any development one can point at in most of the states between 1999-20007

Have you suddenly forgotten this was the period election was seen as a "Do or Die Affair"?

There's absolutely no positive thing to be proud of during the OBJ administration.

He destroyed Odi community, women, children, old and young were killed by the military, the FG had to settle this issue out of court.
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Parachoko: 8:58am On Dec 03, 2022
Brendaniel:

But as bad as OBJ's government was, it is still the best we've had since 1999 aside from Yaradua that wasn't really opportuned to govern, doesn't that speak volume...
Please, kindly explain why you feel the OBJ government is the best since 1999.

All the Federal Roads that connect the South West with the South South and South East were terrible.

There was no 24/7 power supply

Election under Buhari is 10000000000 times better than election under OBJ

There was ethnic and religious violence all over Nigeria, in fact, he illegally removed one or two Governors from power. A Nigerian President do not have the power to remove a Governor for any reason

Under OBJ, elections were terrible, even Yardua admitted the election was not free and fair.

I don give few examples, I will be waiting here for you to tell us why OBJ administration is the best
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Parachoko: 9:06am On Dec 03, 2022
fergie001:

Hahahaha... Do you know why I laughed?
I will tell you.

The National Assembly proposed 44 bills and the Constitution states that at least 24 State Houses of Assembly must say Yes to everyone of them, then the President will sign and it will become law.

It is over one year and only 11 States have responded. I will name them: Abia, Akwa Ibom, Anambra, Delta, Edo, Kaduna, Katsina, Kogi, Lagos, Ogun and Osun states.

The remaining 25 Governors who control the State Houses of Assemblys ordered that they won't allow the Speakers move on with the Constitutional Amendment unless 4 items are added:

State Police and 3 other items that satisfy their yearnings.

There was a reason I gave you this background... So tell me who will approve all of these things you mentioned?
A lot of Nigerians no dey follow news

I can't believe the state assemblies won't have all work on the bills by now, am still in shock shocked

Wetin surprise me pass nah the people who have been shouting restructuring, how they are all quite about this nah wetin I no understand

This matter dey really shock me because the constitutional amendment would put an end to Power been on the exclusive list, it will solve the issue between the State and Local Government and other important issues

This country eh
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by fergie001: 9:23am On Dec 03, 2022
Parachoko:
A lot of Nigerians no dey follow news

I can't believe the state assemblies won't have all work on the bills by now, am still in shock shocked

Wetin surprise me pass nah the people who have been shouting restructuring, how they are all quite about this nah wetin I no understand

This matter dey really shock me because the constitutional amendment would put an end to Power been on the exclusive list, it will solve the issue between the State and Local Government and other important issues

This country eh
Listen, we will continue to go in a circle until we begin to x-ray our States & LGs, the way we do to those in Abuja. Those in Abuja aren't Saints but let's take a pause and ask what happens at the grassroots and our own immediate spaces.

2 Likes

Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Brendaniel: 9:30am On Dec 03, 2022
Parachoko:
Please, kindly explain why you feel the OBJ government is the best since 1999.

All the Federal Roads that connect the South West with the South South and South East were terrible.

There was no 24/7 power supply

Election under Buhari is 10000000000 times better than election under OBJ

There was ethnic and religious violence all over Nigeria, in fact, he illegally removed one or two Governors from power. A Nigerian President do not have the power to remove a Governor for any reason

Under OBJ, elections were terrible, even Yardua admitted the election was not free and fair.

I don give few examples, I will be waiting here for you to tell us why OBJ administration is the best

So Buhari's government is better than OBJ's own ?
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Parachoko: 9:35am On Dec 03, 2022
Brendaniel:

So Buhari's government is better than OBJ's own ?
Yes

Election under Buhari is far better than the disaster under OBJ

Look at Obi, he feels he has a chance to success Buhari, no opposition get that kin mindset under OBJ

In fact, he said "This Election Is A Do Or Die Affair"

How will you feel if Buhari says such a thing?

Even Yardua acknowledge and said "the election that bought him in was not free and fair".
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Brendaniel: 9:41am On Dec 03, 2022
Parachoko:
Yes

Look at Obi, he feels he has a chance to success Buhari, no opposition get that kin mindset under OBJ

Even Yardua acknowledge and said "the election that bought him in was not free and fair".

I didn't ask about election, I said governance(administration)

1 Like

Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Parachoko: 10:00am On Dec 03, 2022
Brendaniel:

I didn't ask about election, I said governance(administration)
Kindly explain what "Governance" mean?
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Brendaniel: 10:02am On Dec 03, 2022
Parachoko:
Kindly explain what "Governance" mean?

In simple explanation, administrative performance
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Parachoko: 11:15am On Dec 03, 2022
Brendaniel:

In simple explanation, administrative performance

If you give this kind of answer in an exam hall, you will fail

Because you haven't answer the question

Brendaniel:

I didn't ask about election, I said governance
Define what Governance mean

I doubt you really know what Governance mean, that's why you have failed to give Buhari a Thumb up for doing a far better job in INEC than what OBJ did in INEC.

If Buhari should act like the lawless OBJ, there will be no Governors in some of the state in the South East. He would have declare a state of emergency and remove the Governor

But is such a thing back by the law?

Well, I am waiting for you to tell me in what exactly is OBJ better, you can't just be saying OBJ is better in term of Governance(Administration)

What did OBJ do in Governance that makes his stand out, explain.
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Brendaniel: 11:18am On Dec 03, 2022
Parachoko:

If you give this kind of answer in an exam hall, you will fail

Because you haven't answer the question

undecided na wa, I had a reason for answering you like that and that is not to leave the main issue about your claim that Buhari's government is better than OBJ's own...

Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Parachoko: 11:30am On Dec 03, 2022
Brendaniel:

undecided na wa, I had a reason for answering you like that and that is not to leave the main issue about your claim that Buhari's government is better than OBJ's own...
You Haven still back up your claim that OBJ is better in terms of Governance

I doubt you even have an idea of what you're talking about.

You can't choose only the GDP aspect and say OBJ is better than Buhari in Governance because of that.

If Governance is the the activity of governing something, then you haven't been able to tell me why OBJ is better.

In a sane country, OBJ would have been impeached for his lawlessness.

If you feel OBJ performed better in the GDP aspect, say so

No com dey tell us say OBJ is better in "Governance".

OBJ and both Buhari are both failures if we go look at their Governance.

Buhari has been giving us a good election

He has promise to handover to whoever win the 2023 General Election

He also deserve a thumb up in this aspect just as you feel OBJ deserve a thumb up.on the GDP aspect

You don't understand the kind of privileged you are enjoying.

Nigerians love lawless people

If Buhari decide to force Tinubu on Nigerians and the APC, the way OBJ forced Yardua on the PDP and Nigerians, you will be here wailing bitterly
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Brendaniel: 11:37am On Dec 03, 2022
Parachoko:
You Haven still back up your claim that OBJ is better in terms of Governance

I doubt you even have an idea of what you're talking about.

You can't choose only the GDP aspect and say OBJ is better than Buhari in Governance because of that.

If Governance is the the activity of governing something, then you haven't been able to tell me why OBJ is better.

In a sane country, OBJ would have been impeached for his lawlessness.

If you feel OBJ performed better in the GDP aspect, say so

No com dey tell us say OBJ is better in "Governance".

OBJ and both Buhari are both failures if we go look at their Governance.

Buhari has been giving us a good election

He has promise to handover to whoever win the 2023 General Election

He also deserve a thumb up in this aspect just as you feel OBJ deserve a thumb up.on the GDP aspect

You don't understand the kind of privileged you are enjoying.

Nigerians love lawless people

If Buhari decide to force Tinubu on Nigerians and the APC, the way OBJ forced Yardua on the PDP and Nigerians, you will be here wailing bitterly

So going by your narrative about good governance, it means Jonathan also offered good governance since he conducted a good election that ousted him as sitting president and brought in Buhari?
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Parachoko: 11:51am On Dec 03, 2022
Brendaniel:

So going by your narrative about good governance, it means Jonathan also offered good governance since he conducted a good election that ousted him as sitting president and brought in Buhari?
INEC is just one of the example why Buhari is better than OBJ in Governance.

You do not know the meaning of Governance, but you claim OBJ is better than Buhari in Governance
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Brendaniel: 12:36pm On Dec 03, 2022
Parachoko:
INEC is just one of the example why Buhari is better than OBJ in Governance.

You do not know the meaning of Governance, but you claim OBJ is better than Buhari in Governance

I now see the reason you support Tinubu... grin

2 Likes

Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Parachoko: 1:19pm On Dec 03, 2022
Brendaniel:

The joke is on you

I see why you support the mediocre you're supporting
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Brendaniel: 1:34pm On Dec 03, 2022
Parachoko:
The joke is on you

I see why you support the mediocre you're supporting

continue... grin
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Basic123: 2:02pm On Dec 03, 2022
EdiskyHarry:
You will wonder why you see thousands of Akwa ibomites flooding places like Lagos, Abuja, port Harcourt, delta, bayelsa etc.
We only have governors who only build worship centers, stadiums, 10 lanes, 24 story building and other unnecessary things that will not benefit the people.
Akwa ibom is not what most of you believe it is. As graduates, youths and everyone, we are suffering here. Workers are not paid, no gratuity ,no pension, no job. Only those that enjoy the state are the idiots who collects 20 thousand every week to sing praises to the government.
Udom Emmanuel is a total failure and a big disaster to Akwa ibom, every reasonable Akwa ibomites knows this
Rubbish,
You will still vote his annointed candidate

No he PDP,delta,Akwa Ibom and bayelsa have been worshipping PDP for years with nothing to show.NO COMPETITION!!!!
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Bundaweber: 2:48pm On Dec 03, 2022
GistFullGround:
Past Governors must account also, especially Lucky Igbinedion, who was reported to have use the state's money to celebrate his father's birthday during Obasanjo's time in Government & Adam Oshiomole, who cornered the state's money for a fraudulent "storm water project" costing several billions!

All these sharing of money has to stop. The people owns the money, why are the citizens not asking questions?

Storm water was a world Bank loan. Fyi it was the current governor's firm that acted as consultant for the loan and it was reported that the firm got a hefty 10% as consultation fees.
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by TheOgaBoss: 4:31pm On Dec 03, 2022
Parachoko:
Yes

oga stop spewing rubbish, was it not under the pdp(good luck), that an oposituon party, the same buhari won an election and unseated the incumbent ruling party? The groundwork for the relative better elections we see today was laid by the late yar'ardua and GEJ.

1 Like

Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by TheOgaBoss: 4:35pm On Dec 03, 2022

Brendaniel:

oga stop trying to have a reasonable argument with an apc supporter, most of them lack logical reasoning

1 Like

Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Parachoko: 4:36pm On Dec 03, 2022
TheOgaBoss:
oga stop spewing rubbish, was itt not under the pdp(good luck), that an oposituon party, the same buhari won an election and unseated the incumbent ruling party? The groundwork for the relative better elections we see today was laid by the late yar'ardua and GEJ.
I don't have time for foolish talk

Nah OBJ and Buhari we dey talk about.
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by TheOgaBoss: 4:39pm On Dec 03, 2022
Bundaweber:

Storm water was a world Bank loan. Fyi it was the current governor's firm that acted as consultant for the loan and it was reported that the firm got a hefty 10% as consultation fees.
so after taking the loan why was the contractor not paid?
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Conner44: 4:41pm On Dec 03, 2022
Brendaniel:

My brother grin the reason clear I swear lol

The guy had nowhere to run or hide again cheesy

Pity them urchins abeggi, it’s the N30k that is pushing them.
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Conner44: 4:43pm On Dec 03, 2022
TheOgaBoss:
oga stop spewing rubbish, was it not under the pdp(good luck), that an oposituon party, the same buhari won an election and unseated the incumbent ruling party? The groundwork for the relative better elections we see today was laid by the late yar'ardua and GEJ.

That urchin is irredeemable cool
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Nobody: 4:46pm On Dec 03, 2022
EdiskyHarry:

Nigeria is structured to favour a few state irrespective of the money they get. Just imagine Ibom tower that was built to attract mobile. Mobile has refused to leave Lagos.

If Akwaibom has a working sea port, investor can easily go there. Most of the Nigerian state are structured for government investment.

State investment rarely favour private investors because of the central nature of Nigerian economy.

However, our governors fail in not paying workers salary to keep money circulation in the state at a reasonable level.
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by pquaver(m): 12:00pm On Dec 04, 2022
Brendaniel:

speaking the truth is not hate...

There is no iota of truth in what u said, you spoke out of outright hate.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bandits Are Our People, Vote Leaders Who Won’t Fight Them - Sheikh Gumi / Policemen Killed In Emmanuel Agbadu Akabe, Nasarawa Deputy Governor’s Ambush / Boko Haram Gives South Africa 24 Hours To Stop Xenophobia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.