Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds (50429 Views)

Reps Reject Yakubu Abdullahi's Motion To Declare Bauchi Oil-Producing State / Osinbajo Visits Ebonyi State, Received By Governor Umahi (Photos) / Akpabio, Wike And Other Oil-Producing State Governors Meet Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by teepain: 7:14pm On Dec 02, 2022
Brendaniel:

Because accountability under this Buhari's administration is at its lowest in the history of Nigeria, out of trying to gain control of the entire system to be controlled by a few they monopolized the sharing of authority that would have helped to checkmate each other, the national assembly is too controlled by the executive, same with the judiciary, since most of the governors are with ruling the party and few oppositions who already know the dirty secrets of the central government, it now became a game of steal your own I steal my own, we should not disturb each other the only reason we are even hearing this now is because we are in election period, tenures are rounding up, they need to fight dirty to either retain their seats or kick some people out.

You haven't addressed my question. If we assume that accountability is the lowest in the history of Nigeria because of Buhari, why haven't the excesses of these criminal governors been curtailed by regimes that were supposedly more accountable like OBJ and GEJ?
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Svoboda(m): 7:16pm On Dec 02, 2022
Brendaniel:

Please read the content on the pictures slowly

Thank you for those images.

Its very much easy for us to concede that the gdp growth based on the stats was lowest under Buhari, but theres a big BUT.

in the era starting from 2015, there was a big slump in our main revenue source and foreign exchange earner, which is oil, globally.

When shocks like that happen, they impact on us in a lot of ways because govt cant generate the revenue to sustain or even increase public spending. In a country like ours, reduced govt spendings negatively impact general economic activities, which implies a drop in gdp. As at 2016, owing to this crash in global oil prices, we went into recession. Every other country dependent on oil as we are had some economic issues then. Then there was covid, with its frustrating restrictions.

If Buhari had enjoyed the latitude that the other presidents enjoyed in having record high oil prices and some stability in the global economy, we would have gone farther than we are.

Even at that, those other presidents with the oil windfall were not able to carry out proper sustainable investments in critical and social infrastructure like Buhari has done within 7 years.
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Brendaniel: 7:16pm On Dec 02, 2022
teepain:

You haven't addressed my question. If we assume that accountability is the lowest in the history of Nigeria because of Buhari, why haven't the excesses of these criminal governors been curtailed by regimes that were supposedly more accountable like OBJ and GEJ?

OBJ did to some extent...
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by benja007: 7:20pm On Dec 02, 2022
GeneralPula:

Man this is not thrilling to read at all. And I used to think delta state is good oo! Niger delta states needs to really speak up like you said for real. This is sure the right time cuz there’s division in Pdp and many would buy the speak ups!

The okowa seem to be really terrible. He also fought with those that brought him to power. All the best to you guys sha..
Pensioners crying 3 days ago, this is the 8th protest and yet the devil okowa is still going around campaigning for an unknown vp. Such evil soul
https://twitter.com/Sirodue1/status/1597218116094001152?t=PQxdn4tYYipWAfhPv42Heg&s=19
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Brendaniel: 7:21pm On Dec 02, 2022
Svoboda:

Thank you for those images.

Its very much easy for us to concede that the gdp growth based on the stats was lowest under Buhari, but theres a big BUT.

in the era starting from 2015, there was a big slump in our main revenue source and foreign exchange earner, which is oil, globally.

When shocks like that happen, they impact on us in a lot of ways because govt cant generate the revenue to sustain or even increase public spending. In a country like ours, reduced govt spendings negatively impact general economic activities, which implies a drop in gdp. As at 2016, owing to this crash in global oil prices, we went into recession. Every other country dependent on oil as we are had some economic issues then. Then there was covid, with its frustrating restrictions.

If Buhari had enjoyed the latitude that the other presidents enjoyed in having record high oil prices and some stability in the global economy, we would have gone farther than we are.

Even at that, those other presidents with the oil windfall were not able to carry out proper sustainable investments in critical and social infrastructure like Buhari has done within 7 years.

Don't try to justify anything for Buhari, he is the worst president in the history of Nigeria, OBJ sold crude oil when he entered in 1999 when it was even lower than when Buhari took over power and yet Buhari still sold at a higher than OBJ's peak....
I hate all these defence, from economy to insecurity and so on, the difference is too much....

3 Likes

Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by teepain: 7:24pm On Dec 02, 2022
Brendaniel:

OBJ did to some extent...

To what extent did OBJ curb the excesses of the governors? Under OBJ, Ibori looted Delta state without looking back; Igbinedion dealt with Edo mercilessly; a sitting governor was kidnapped by a set of touts in Anambra; INEC machines were found in Adedibu's house and baba said Adedibu should be left alone because he was elderly and then Ghana must go filled with cash were always finding their ways to the national assembly; some northern governors like Yerima started implementing sharia law. I can go on and on.
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Brendaniel: 7:31pm On Dec 02, 2022
teepain:

To what extent did OBJ curb the excesses of the governors? Under OBJ, Ibori looted Delta state without looking back; Igbinedion dealt with Edo mercilessly; a sitting governor was kidnapped by a set of touts in Anambra; INEC machines were found in Adedibu's house and baba said Adedibu should be left alone because he was elderly and then Ghana must go filled with cash were always finding their ways to the national assembly; some northern governors like Yerima started implementing sharia law. I can go on and on.

That's what I'm telling you, he made efforts, at least there were impeachments of some governors, jailed his IGP and some other corrupt public officials, and he was very vocal to shame governors and public officials that were corrupt, and all these coming from someone who was supposedly corrupt, now imagine if the person doing all these was someone with more integrity, you can't compare him with Jonathan and Buhari(the worst) that did not even make any attempt...

2 Likes

Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by benardtotti(m): 7:39pm On Dec 02, 2022
EdiskyHarry:
The worst part of it is Akwa ibom State.
You will wonder why you see thousands of Akwa ibomites flooding places like Lagos, Abuja, port Harcourt, delta, bayelsa etc.
It's because life is very difficult in Akwa ibom,
We only have governors who only build worship centers, stadiums, 10 lanes, 24 story building and other unnecessary things that will not benefit the people.
Akwa ibom is not what most of you believe it is. As graduates, youths and everyone, we are suffering here. Workers are not paid, no gratuity ,no pension, no job. Only those that enjoy the state are the idiots who collects 20 thousand every week to sing praises to the government.
Udom Emmanuel is a total failure and a big disaster to Akwa ibom, every reasonable Akwa ibomites knows this

I just hope 10 years from now if Udom declares for presidency, you won't sing a new tune and tell us he's the best thing after fried rice .
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by ogmask: 7:39pm On Dec 02, 2022
fergie001:

Hahahaha... Do you know why I laughed?
I will tell you.

The National Assembly proposed 44 bills and the Constitution states that at least 24 State Houses of Assembly must say Yes to everyone of them, then the President will sign and it will become law.

It is over one year and only 11 States have responded. I will name them: Abia, Akwa Ibom, Anambra, Delta, Edo, Kaduna, Katsina, Kogi, Lagos, Ogun and Osun states.

The remaining 25 Governors who control the State Houses of Assemblys ordered that they won't allow the Speakers to move on with the Constitutional Amendment unless 4 items are added:

State Police and 3 other items that satisfy their yearnings.

There was a reason I gave you this background... So tell me who will approve all of these things you mentioned?

Thanks for the background info. I am aware of this my brother I was merely answering your question just to keep the conversation going.
Let me ask you something bro, why do you think a state like rivers did not say yes? I ask because gov wike, thru his actions and utterances, lately has taken the posture of a saint among the devils.

1 Like

Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by fyneguy: 7:48pm On Dec 02, 2022
Brendaniel:

You are speaking through the prism of corruption, we need good leaders in every aspect of governance, that is why we need to vote in right leaders into office.

If Buhari was leading by example, this governors would have been exposed a long time ago

Crap!

A good Governor does not need the President to lead by example. Stop excusing rubbish
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Otasikwe(m): 7:51pm On Dec 02, 2022
icankel:
Wike de work de chop, Udom de work de chop, others na only chop dem sabi
which Udom de work abi another Udom or what
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Phantom233: 7:55pm On Dec 02, 2022
OBJ created EFCC as a political tool to witchunt perceived political opponents , I think the body should be scrap cos aside from running after yahoo boys they're only effective when someone is hunting an opponent.
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by fergie001: 8:00pm On Dec 02, 2022
ogmask:

Thanks for the background info. I am aware of this my brother I was merely answering your question just to keep the conversation going.
Let me ask you something bro, why do you think a state like rivers did not say yes? I ask because gov wike, thru his actions and utterances, lately has taken the posture of a saint among the devils.
I am not a Wike fan.

I like the way you said through his actions lately, what were his actions before now?

LG Autonomy: Lagos and Rivers are in forefront in the opposition because if they allow it some LGAs will even be more financially stronger than the States.

For the bill in general, the Govs are a powerful bloc at both Party and governance levels, hence, they don't want to lose all of their control. It's something like a quid pro quo.

3 Likes

Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Brendaniel: 8:04pm On Dec 02, 2022
fyneguy:

Crap!

A good Governor does not need the President to lead by example. Stop excusing rubbish

These does not mean every, read well before you argue
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by tolue42(m): 8:16pm On Dec 02, 2022
utenwuson:
What's delta state using her money for..... Asaba looks like oshodi

Why do you think Atiku selected the man as vice??
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by blueAgent(m): 8:16pm On Dec 02, 2022
ChukwuObe:
Many haters are nothing but bloody hypocrites. The previous administrations were not giving out the funds as at when due and when you now have a president that is not only paying the derivation due during his tenure but also his predecessors, you will still not appreciate him and if he didnt, you guys will be all over the place including your useless governors shouting on top of the roof that the president is bad. The irony of this whole thing is that many fools will not even bother to criticise their governors and ask them when all the money go but will have temerity to accuse Tinubu of corrupting himself with Lagos money. Why are these fools so fixated in Lagos but not the states in their poverty ridden regions?

Sighs
Useless achievement.

That does not change the fact that Buhari and his administration is the most useless and clueless in the history of this country.

1 Like

Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by pquaver(m): 8:25pm On Dec 02, 2022
Brendaniel:

Sorry nothing bad will happen to me in Jesus Name Amen, I only aired my opinion, you can air yours too without trying to swear...

So you know jesus but have so much hate on you like this?

Let me cancel your name from the book.. Come enter bro J gate make I see you.. grin
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Svoboda(m): 8:45pm On Dec 02, 2022
Brendaniel:

Don't try to justify anything for Buhari, he is the worst president in the history of Nigeria, OBJ sold crude oil when he entered in 1999 when it was even lower than when Buhari took over power and yet Buhari still sold at a higher than OBJ's peak....
I hate all these defence, from economy to insecurity and so on, the difference is too much....

Okay. Good luck to you.
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by tonididdy(m): 8:56pm On Dec 02, 2022
Perfectbeing:
You guys said you don't want Edo to be like Lagos na.
As you made your bed, lie on it.

Where's Lagos? undecided
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Brendaniel: 9:12pm On Dec 02, 2022
pquaver:

So you know jesus but have so much hate on you like this?

Let me cancel your name from the book.. Come enter bro J gate make I see you.. grin

speaking the truth is not hate...
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by sixtuso(m): 9:52pm On Dec 02, 2022
Cameroon just scored
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Gaabasky: 9:57pm On Dec 02, 2022
Until we started asking these our governors for their accountability n put less blames on FG we can't go no where.
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Nathaniel111(m): 10:01pm On Dec 02, 2022
Otilo
Ticket ti lo.
Brazil don finish
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Pacesetter123(m): 11:44pm On Dec 02, 2022
Our own governor collect am finish him no even tell us say that kind big amount of money enter we state if no be emperor Wike come yarn us the matter before him come confess say nah like dat but say de money no big as we dey think so.
So how much be de amount Mr govnor..............uwayayaah!!!!

All of dem go want carry de money dey sponsor their political stooges for dis election wey dey come to succeed dem.
Corruption dey all our leaders DNA
.PMB sef nah saint were some of dis govnor dey. shocked
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by ekevwe(m): 11:48pm On Dec 02, 2022
Aufbauh:
I'd think is even better & more comfortable to be a governor in Nigeria than be the president.

Why all attention of the common masses are normally fixed on the man in abuja, their immediate CEO of the state fleece their money without challenge or scrutiny.

My brother you see why everyone want to be president. Trillions comes from there.

Billions end in governorship

This Nigeria. Bad leaders
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Isobug: 1:05am On Dec 03, 2022
That's why they want the status quo to remain. They can never allow a good leader to emerge

1 Like

Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by GoodLife4live: 1:20am On Dec 03, 2022
Oil-producing states borrow N1.3tn amid N6.4tn windfall
2nd December 2022
Zainab Ahmed, crude oil
Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning, Zainab Ahmed

Temitayo Jaiyeola, Sami Olatunji, Damilola Aina, Dennis Naku, and Matthew Ochei
Kindly share this story:

•PANDEF, others ask N’Delta governors to showcase development projects

•Oil-producing states received N1.9tn as derivation fund under Buhari – Minister

•13% derivation includes DESPADEC funds, money judiciously spent, says Delta

The total debts of nine oil-producing states rose from N2.04tn in December 2015 to N3.35tn as of June 2022, according to sub-national debt reports of the Debt Management Office.

Close

This means that a total of N1.31tn was borrowed within a period of about seven years by the states.

The nine states are Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Delta, Edo, Abia, Ondo, Imo, Bayelsa and Lagos.

This came as findings by The PUNCH show that the oil-producing states received the sum of N6.4tn in federal allocation and 13 per cent derivation fund.

The Federal Government disbursed a total of N1.98tn as a share of the 13 per cent derivation fund to oil-producing states, the Minister of Finance, Budget, and National budget, Zainab Ahmed, disclosed on Thursday, at the sixth edition of the PMB Administration Scorecard.

She stated that the amount was paid in seven years despite some of the funds preceding the current administration.

She said, “One of the key functions of the Ministry of Finance Budget and National Planning is in support of states. The President understands very clearly that this economy wouldn’t have been growing consecutively or wouldn’t have been able to pull ourselves out of recession twice.

“We wouldn’t have been able to grow consistently without enabling the states to grow because it is a federation.

“Mr. President has been very uniquely generous in his support to states. I can say no president has provided the level of support provided to the states of the Federation.

“He understands that the federating units need to work together as one to achieve the targets that he has set for the country. So, everybody goes to support sub-national governments.

“In seven years, we have disbursed N1.98 trillion in funds to oil-producing states.”

The PUNCH recalls that the 13 per cent derivation fund has been a controversial issue after comments by Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, alleging that the oil-producing states had refused to disclose their own shares paid by the Federal Government from 1999 to all the Niger Delta States.

Ahmed further said that the government had supported states of the federation N5.03tn and an additional $3.4bn since 2015.

She said, “With respect to sub-national governments, the ministry goes over and above its statutory role to provide financial support to States:

“A total of N5.03tn plus an additional $3.4bn has been released to states by the Federal Government over the life of this administration.

“Each of these payments has distinct repayment terms with some given as grants and others as loans with favourable repayment terms, including a long amortisation period.

“The support covers the 13 per cent Derivation refund to oil-producing states, refunds for construction of federal roads, ecological support, support from the Development of Natural Resources Fund, Paris Club refunds, support from the Stabilisation Fund, COVID intervention amongst others.”

Reeling out the details, Ahmed said N445bn was given as salary bailout to states except Akwa Ibom, Anambra, Jigawa, Lagos and Yobe in September 2015, while N340bn was disbursed to states except Lagos and Osun as excess crude loan. Also, N610bn was allocated to all states, except Lagos, as a budget support facility.

Other support included: $2.67tn as an outright Paris Club refund; N750m disbursed in 2021 as an SFTAS reward; and N600bn paid as withdrawal from payment of subsidy in April 2022.

Speaking further, the minister revealed that the non-oil sector had continued to maintain high-level performance in terms of revenue generated, adding that it was currently the mainstay of the nation’s economy.

She said that the sector contributed N1.71trn out of the total revenue of N4.19trn, an outturn of 100.7 per cent compared to the budget projection.

“Today, I call your attention to the very high performance of the non-oil sector of our economy. As of September 2022, the Federal Government’s share of oil revenues to fund the budget was N535.5bn representing 32.6 per cent performance), while non-oil tax revenues totalled N1.71tn an outturn of 100.7 per cent compared to the budget projection.

“The non-oil revenue share of funding the Federal Government has improved. We have been able to move from contributing 35 per cent to the federal budget to contributing 73 per cent to the financing of the federal budget.”

N6.4tn windfall

Oil-producing states got N4.46tn from Federation Account Allocation Committee between 2016 and 2020, according to data from the National Bureau of Statistics collated by The PUNCH. When combined with the N1.98tn allocated to oil-producing states as a share of the 13 per cent derivation, the amount moves to N6.4tn.

Within the period under review, Delta got the highest allocation of N804.27bn while Cross River got the least, N147.86bn.

The allocation of other states were as follows: Akwa Ibom, N769.19bn; Lagos, N523.63bn; Rivers, N675.54bn; Edo, N255.32bn; Abia, N225.47bn; Ondo, N250.86bn; Imo, N234.37bn; and Bayelsa, N575.39bn.

According to the NBS, FAAC gets oil revenues and related taxes, revenues from the Nigerian Customs Service, company income tax, any sale of national assets as well as surplus and dividends from state-owned enterprises.

Related News
Bad politics stalled Ogun’s oil-producing quest — Daniel
Reps leader faults Enugu’s exclusion from oil bearing states
Kogi oil-producing status: Enugu’s exclusion from 13% derivation injustice, say Ohanaeze, state
N1.3tn debt

Meanwhile, the total debts of 10 oil-producing states rose from N2.04tn in December 2015 to N3.35tn as of June 2022, according to sub-national debt reports of the Debt Management Office.

A further breakdown showed that in 2015, a total of N1.22tn was from domestic creditors while $1.84bn (or N817.27bn at the Central Bank of Nigeria’s exchange rate of N444.17 per dollar as of November 1, 2022) was from external sources.

By June 2022, N2.42tn was borrowed from domestic sources while $2.31bn was from foreign sources such as the World Bank and African Development Bank.

You Might Also Like
Tired of muscle and joint pain? Try this now!
Tired of muscle and joint pain? Try this now!
Sponsored | Motion Free
For sub-national domestic debts, Lagos leads with the most debt, from N218.54bn domestic debt in 2015 to N797.31bn by June 2022.

It is followed by Delta, whose debt rose from N320.61bn domestic debt in 2015 to N378.88bn by June 2022.

Third on the list is Rivers, from N134.97bn domestic debt in 2015 to N225.51bn by June 2022.

For foreign debt, Lagos leads with the most debt, from $1.21bn in 2015 to $1.27bn by June 2022.

It is followed by Edo, whose external debt increased from $168.19m to $268.31m. Cross River is next, from $136.4m to $215.74m within the period under review.

PANDEF, Kio-Briggs kick

The Pan Niger Delta Forum and popular rights activist, Ann Kio-Briggs, have taken a swipe at the Federal Government over claims that the N1.98tn it disbursed to the Niger Delta region was not commensurate with the level of development in the region.

The National Publicity Secretary of PANDEF, Ken Robinson, said, “As you know, the fact of the matter is that it is the resources of the Niger Delta people that the Federal Government of Nigeria is plundering, wasting over the years. To say that they have given the Niger Delta N1.98tn as reported and all that is unnecessary. What is N1.98tn?

“How much has been taken away from the Niger Delta compared to the devastation that has been done to the Niger Delta environment and the livelihoods of the people that have been decimated?

“And all these complicate or increase the social and economic challenges of the area. There are more people who ordinarily would have been involved in farming or fishing who are now looking for jobs.”

The PANDEF spokesman explained that no amount of funds allotted to the crude oil and gas-rich region was too much, being the goose laying the golden egg.

He, however, said it was not an excuse for the poor governance in the country, which he said was not peculiar to the Niger Delta alone.

“And I think that some of these governors in the Niger Delta should also do more in terms of showcasing what they are doing with the resources that they got. And that we will say that whether the level of development is commensurate to the amount of money received is relative because of the difficult terrain the Niger Delta is faced with in terms of developmental challenges.”

On her part, Kio-Briggs said the Federal Government must be specific and come up with facts as to which agency or governors the amounts they claimed to have disbursed was given for purposes of accountability.

She said, “First of all, I don’t like it when the government says that they have disbursed so much money.

“When you want to give information, you have to give credible, verifiable, truthful information to people, so that people can make up their minds. You can’t make up their minds for them.

“Why do I say this? You can’t just say you have disbursed so much to Niger Delta, no. Say I have disbursed N2.3trillion hypothetically to the Niger Delta Development Commission; I have disbursed N5. 2tn to the Ministry of Niger Delta.”

Continuing, Kio-Briggs stated that the people of the region were not fools to believe hook, line and sinker anything the Federal Government says.

Delta debunks claim

Meanwhile, Governor Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta State has said the state is the most solvent in the country, with enough credit to liquidate all outstanding fiscal obligations.

Okowa spoke through his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Olise Ifeajika, while speaking to The PUNCH on Thursday in Asaba.

He said, “This 13 per cent accrued to the oil-producing area for the past seven years included what NDDC and DESPADEC gave. But the one the state commissioner for finance stated earlier was about the discounting N240bn Nyesom Wike raised.

“Okowa could have taken the option to discount the entire N240bon expected from the 13 per cent derivation refunds as was done by other states but decided to take only N100 billion to complete some legacy projects.

“Governor Okowa, being a prudent and considerate leader, chose to keep the balance of the funds for the in-coming administration.”

The State Commissioner for Finance, Mr Fidelis Tilije, had recalled that Okowa administration faced serious financial challenges at inception in 2015, a situation that necessitated some borrowings at that time. You will recall that when the administration of Sen. Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa came on board, the economy of this state and that of Nigeria was clearly in dire straits.

“Therefore, a lot of rejiging had to be done for us to be able to survive and pay salaries. The salary bailouts was not for Delta state alone.”

Kindly share this story:
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by sageb: 2:12am On Dec 03, 2022
Ugaboy:

Akwa ibom Gov lack human development, oil reach state...yet the masses are poor and suffering.

You are not far from the truth, there are lots of social development here...that is useless and the mass cant even affords to use it.

What is essence of expanding road, installing TV media ads at water fountain and plaza to glorify their gov.

There are lots of careless projects I see they do...but fail to developed the poor masses.

Some student can't afford to eat or pay school fees, transportation and food increases.

Some are planting big building churches go have more gullible members attend, and parlours to shop churches.

Yet, they are bring another imposter pastor.

The sad reality
Are you an alumnus of Uniuyo?
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Mikekan30: 3:56am On Dec 03, 2022
Yes Akwa Ibom State receives more Allocation because they produce more oil and gas but we are all aware that Governor Udom' s development has been showcased on this Nairaland countlessly yet idiots here will compare his efforts to Governor Wike who only build fly overs and do roads in Rivers State.

Sometimes you idiots here should just shut up, take a quick trip to Akwa Ibom and see the changes Governor Udom's administration has done, Countless constructed Roads, well planned road networks, Security, Over head bridges connecting Local Govts, Street lights, Factories, Ibom Airline, he even recently constructed a new stadium in Eket, Completed the Olympic Swimming pool for Sports Activities in Uyo township stadium. Paid Pensioners, Employed thousands of teachers yet ignorant people like you are still complaining, let me inform also in even in Rivers State where I reside they are still complaining about Wike's lack of human capacity development. His administration is it only fly over development that will uplift the people.

Ibom Airline alone has employed over 1,500 Akwa Ibomites, the Coconut oil factory employed a 1000, they are 50 youths who are abroad in Germany on a training on Aircraft maintenance and aeronautical engineering all sponsored by the Government. All internal roads and bridges construction were given to Indigenous Contractors strictly from the state.

There is an ongoing training conducted by an Israeli Company Meshack Automobiles in Itu local Government training people on vehicle manufacturing and Speed Boat manufacturing, Mobile Producing Company Gives an annual Exams for entry level and training to Akwa Ibomites yet only few people are able to pass the exam.

Presently Youths in Akwa Ibom are in to Tech, the there is an ongoing Trainings for aspiring Programmers, cyber security Analyst, coders, data analysis, UI &UX designer etc present in Future Labs in Ikot ekpene, Root hub and Start Hub Innovation in Uyo to develop the youths in the tech ecosystem
Don't come out here to post what you don't know.

And you ignorant people are you forgetting Akwa Ibomites are naturally Hustlers they are found in everything sector doing their best and yet Poor and myopic people will say they are suffering? Every body in life has a choice and the Government cannot make any choice for you.Don't forget Every one is suffering from the Countries Economy and recession and is not only Akwa Ibomites, You fools have refused to accept the fact that Akwa Ibomites are hardworking than you idiots...

If you all like complain and compare from morning till night they're people who doing very well without Government efforts, Government can't satisfy everybody but your life and destiny lies in your hands and not Government...

Please leave Akwa Ibom Govt and Akwa Ibomites alone focus on your low life because your ignorant of what is happening in that state.

1 Like

Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Genesis21(m): 6:40am On Dec 03, 2022
Aufbauh:
I'd think is even better & more comfortable to be a governor in Nigeria than be the president.

Why all attention of the common masses are normally fixed on the man in abuja, their immediate CEO of the state fleece their money without challenge or scrutiny.

But they'll argue with you that Buhari is there problem. It's these same governors that'll not allow local government to function.
People saying Atiku, Tinubu or Obi is their Messiah are the problem of this nation. Will president give command to state governor and they will obey obey concerning how to send money? Nigerians should think. Our major problem in this nation is our governors, Senate and house house of representatives

2 Likes

Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Tycyborg(m): 7:46am On Dec 03, 2022
fergie001:
EFCC should construct annex in each of the nine Capitals.

Tycyborg, Aiel123...... Like I said the other day, the most important election we should be looking at is on March 11, 2023.

Even if efcc create an annex it won't be that effective but at least half is better than nothing... That will still keep those useless government in check. But what pains me the most is that people will never call out these useless LGC and govnors but will always call buhari for everything... Federal project is different from state projects and 80% of what's affecting the masses are state projects not even federal ... The funny aspect is that these state governors knows people are stupid so in turn they will blame the federal government like they are actually working... Go to this Edo state during raining season and you will weep cos entering Edo alone when cing from the east is nothing to write home about... There state roads are bad and they have no drainage. Honestly... They wanted to immitate the Lagos BRT lane access but it's all rubbish now even the state concrete road are bad. Yet what are the governor's using the derivative oil money to do? Delta is even nothing to write home about. That place is a shit hole.
The more we stay away from tribalism as a people the more we will be blinded by hate and the country will at least move a little. China and all other countries have thousands and hundreds of ethnicity but they don't fight over our people these and my tribe that... Ghana has hundreds of tribe including Hausa and you won't hear them fight over tribe especially in the political aspect. We are so backward as people but want the country to move forward. You have a point about the efcc thing but the work of a country is the collective of all citizens even if not all but at least 85 percentage of the citizens
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Tycyborg(m): 7:47am On Dec 03, 2022
Aiel123:

Why do you say that?

Why did I say what? I am not following

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Reacts To Claim That He Didn't Graduate From ABU Zaria By SR. / Governor Wike Revealed What Sheriff Told Him Before Supreme Court Judgement / "The Day It Rained Private Jets In Maiduguri" - Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.