Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,290 members, 7,815,502 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) (27684 Views)

Yunusa Tanko, Arabambi Differ On Obi’s Manifesto / 10 Takeaways From Oshiomhole’s Victory / Abba Kyari Overrides Buhari’s Decisions, 5 Other Takeaways From Monguno’s Memo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by bepositive11: 5:35pm On Dec 04, 2022
Penguin2:
The Labour Party Candidate finally released his Manifesto last night. It is a 72 page document containing what he called his “pact with the Nigerian people”

to be funded by either the Private Sector or through a Public Private Partnership which removes, to an extent, the question of funding.

First and foremost, how are they going to tackle the issues that Nigeria is facing in a practical manner? Where are they going to get the money from? How are they going to implement all this?

It's like Peter Obi know what Nigerians want, and he's writing down all of them as if he can do magic to make them happen.
Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by bepositive11: 5:42pm On Dec 04, 2022
Babyface33:
Let stop politics of hate and let brainstorm on this manifesto.

1. Security - Every life is important, agreed , how are we sure u can solve this problem since there is no record of such history with you ,even currently southeast is currently facing serious security issue and no effort or advise from you to the Govs.

2. Some of our federal universities already has solar power,go and learn about "The project tagged, energising education programme (EEP)". So improve on that and don't Bring them back to National Grid because you can't achieve 24hrs electricity for federal universities with this current PHCN.

3. Allow private sectors to take over your solar system . Don't implement anything it will still be mismanged like NEPA

4. Orosanye Report to cut cost of governance - I don'tknow anything about the report , give us your own idea of cutting cost of governance

5. Introduction of Hourly Rate Salary Structure- Good idea , but how is it going to be possible without a database , only Lagos state can easily Implement this because of their monthly income tax . No record of such even in Anambra you govern for 8years .

6. Introduction of Football and Basketball Leagues in all the States of the Federation through partnership with state governments, to provide employment and for development of talents in those field of sports. ............. No state government will do more than what they are currently doing in sport. We need a private sector grassroot sport development project. An independent body without government interfering.

7. Traditional Rulers will be legally recognized as part of a level of government with constitutionally recognized functions. ..... This is a total No, bringing in more burden . You just indicated you will reduce cost of governance. Decentralization is the key if you want the resources to get to the grassroot I think Tinubu manifesto got it right here .

8. Our Policing System will be restructured into Federal, State and Local Government Police.......Federal and state policing is okay . Create what you can control and manage .

I am yet to see
How you can generate more resources .

Strict plan on mechanized farming the way to go now

No empowerment plan for young investors

I wish more Nigerians thought critically like you.

1 Like

Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by Alexbio: 5:43pm On Dec 04, 2022
plat0:
so going by your logic because the odd does not favor obi, I should vote for Tinubu or Atiku? I'm not from the SE, I've prevailed on my family members (my aged parents inclusive) to vote for Obi, it's simple. Only semi illiterates will vote for Atiku or Tinubu because they think obi cannot win.

BAT is the next President! It'ss an ugly truth grin
The coast is favoring BAT as North can't risk one Nigeria by remaining in Aso rock come 2023grin

Peter Obi lack political charisma! He should have built on the political legacy of Ojukwu's as his mentor and benefactor across his region thereby come out to negotiate for the best deal through is political aspiration grin grin
It's as simple as that!
May be Soludo can achieve this in future because he is one of the politicians from that region I see looking beyond sentiments grin
Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by charlesditro: 5:47pm On Dec 04, 2022
Brilliant
Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by plat0: 5:49pm On Dec 04, 2022
Alexbio:

This isn't statisical and convincing enough!
Going by estimated figured not just your concocted figures
What is the annual budget of Anambra state?
What is the debt rate of Anambra?
Trash that document it's misleading and fake!
With that figure Anambra should be the richest state in Nigeria!
What could have necessitated such a dubious lacuna in Anambra IGR given this below:

Check below
https://guardian.ng/news/anambra-state-targets-n50-billion-igr-in-2022/

There is a video on internet of a Nothern governor saying he asked obi's successor where he got the money for building the airport in Anambra and he retorted that he used the money obi left in the state coffers upon completion of his tenure for that project. You're oblivious of the fact that during GEJ's tenure, there was an oil boom and that sum obi left behind was accumulated over a period of 8 years, if you understood the rudiments of basic finance, you'd know that wealth is not accumulated in a year. Eliminating waste, prudence and judicious use of public funds made it possible to leave that much behind, a concept that is alien to the Tinubu's and Atiku. How much does Edo state generate in a year? Oshiomole received over N1tr during his stint as governor and he still left over N100bn debt at the end of his tenure. It's sounds misleading and fake to you because with all the money Lagos generates yearly, a kleptomaniac like Tinubu can never dream of living 30% of the sum obi left behind. You're used to electing individuals that have not proved their mettle in various professional fields, that's why when they assume the apex seat, they spend money with reckless abandon because they don't understand what it takes to build a business from the scratch.

If you were reasonable and literate, you'd have gone through obi's manifesto, there is also a part where he alluded to leaving that sum of money behind, they are also countless videos of him saying it too.
Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by zuma4k(m): 5:49pm On Dec 04, 2022
Well detailed manifesto by my Incoming President. It's a workable document and I'm glad we can hold HE Peter Obi accountable if these policy statements aren't complied with.
Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by plat0: 5:57pm On Dec 04, 2022
Alexbio:

BAT is the next President! It'ss an ugly truth grin
The coast is favoring BAT as North can't risk one Nigeria by remaining in Aso rock come 2023grin

Peter Obi lack political charisma! He should have built on the political legacy of Ojukwu's as his mentor and benefactor across his region thereby come out to negotiate for the best deal through is political aspiration grin grin
It's as simple as that!
May be Soludo can achieve this in future because he is one of the politicians from that region I see looking beyond sentiments grin
who cares if he wins, as long as me, my family members and friends won't vote for him, I'm fine. We'll all be here to bear the brunt of a Nigeria ran by a candidate with dementia. We'll all buy fuel, appliances and food stuff at the same price, there are no special prices for Tinubu supporters. All of a sudden you like soludo because you have an unfounded hatred for obi, anybody that speaks or works against obi is loved by you and your ilks. When the times comes for him to contest, you'll suddenly remember that he's from the SE. He lacks political charisma but he has been the head huncho of numerous cooperate organization with sane and literate people as members. What did buhari achieve with his political charisma?
Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by leokid866: 6:07pm On Dec 04, 2022
360degreess:
The more I see all the nonsense and f**lishness of Obi supporters,the more I hate him.Imagine the nonsense threath by that animal called Rufai Oseni of Arise tv?.. Is it by force to vote Obi?. Well, the good thing is that Obi will never smell Aso rock, infact,he will be finally retired from active politics in 2023.
no that's not right......after his loss he will crawl back to pdp in hopes of clinching their ticket in 2027......
Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by leokid866: 6:09pm On Dec 04, 2022
julaion:
You're suffering from ODS: Obi Derangement Syndrome.

Symptoms include always
* talking about Peter Obi morning, afternoon and night
* Obsessing about Peter Obi even when engaging in coitus with a partner
* Seeing Peter Obi everywhere you go, even in the toilet
*Looking for any opportunity to talk and criticize Peter Obi, even in the church or in the bedroom
*Seeing everything Peter Obi does as bad, while at the same time seeing everything an unrepentant mafia boss with dementia, does as fantastic
*Speaking and understanding tongues that are not known to the holy spirit eg: Babblu babla bubu.

If you're showing two or more of the aforementioned symptoms listed above, you should immediately seek help at Yabaleft; failure to do so can lead to extreme paranoia or mental breakdown after February 25.
but quick question of all these in his manifesto how many did he do in Anambra in eight years?
Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by leokid866: 6:11pm On Dec 04, 2022
BeardedMeat:
You won't read because you can't comprehend.

All you are interested in is handouts in exchange for your future.
yet obis brothers trooped to Lagos so they can share in Tinubus largase when he made WAEC free for public school students...... grin
Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by leokid866: 6:15pm On Dec 04, 2022
TechW:

Some can be achieved by executive order, they are not even difficult to pass by the legislatures, it is however be subject to a debate anyways, and if not good at the end of the day shall be thrown away, after all, it's all about what Nigerians want
lol see your mouth like executive order.....you know how many executive orders Buhari has signed and governor's refused to follow? They even took him to court on some and won......it is now obi that will come and tell them what to do.....if I hear say Dem no beat am for office..... grin
Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by leokid866: 6:16pm On Dec 04, 2022
Abfinest007:
I seea new Nigeria in obi
I'll just take it you are blind.....
Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by julaion: 6:19pm On Dec 04, 2022
leokid866:
but quick question of all these in his manifesto how many did he do in Anambra in eight years?
grin children of urchins in agbado kingdom

1 Like

Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by leokid866: 6:19pm On Dec 04, 2022
DesChyko:

In your dreams. You'd need better cognitive and research skills to avoid paying your way to a degree in any Nigerian institution. As you can see, reading and comprehension isn't your strong suit.

WhatsApp Group propaganda merchant. Instead of you to actually find things out for yourself, you just share the posts and voice notes
will keep quiet manifesto that is not upto two days old is what you are salivating over.......I can bet your left balls you have not even read it complete.....
Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by BeardedMeat(m): 6:27pm On Dec 04, 2022
leokid866:
yet obis brothers trooped to Lagos so they can share in Tinubus largase when he made WAEC free for public school students...... grin
Those Obi's brothers had political value to him and his goons.
Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by leokid866: 6:33pm On Dec 04, 2022
BeardedMeat:
Those Obi's brothers had political value to him and his goons.
so after their children have benefitted the next thing to do is turn to obi wey no give shishii..
Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by leokid866: 6:36pm On Dec 04, 2022
plat0:
who cares if he wins, as long as me, my family members and friends won't vote for him, I'm fine. We'll all be here to bear the brunt of a Nigeria ran by a candidate with dementia. We'll all buy fuel, appliances and food stuff at the same price, there are no special prices for Tinubu supporters. All of a sudden you like soludo because you have an unfounded hatred for obi, anybody that speaks or works against obi is loved by you and your ilks. When the times comes for him to contest, you'll suddenly remember that he's from the SE. He lacks political charisma but he has been the head huncho of numerous cooperate organization with sane and literate people as members. What did buhari achieve with his political charisma?
Oga keep quite......doesn't it strike you as odd that someone who wants your trust has no one not even from his own home standing with him? No governor, senator, or even local government chairman? Is that how blind your trust is?
Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by BeardedMeat(m): 6:44pm On Dec 04, 2022
leokid866:
so after their children have benefitted the next thing to do is turn to obi wey no give shishii..
He has soiled himself. He used his past to destroy his present, all by himself. Besides, he's a spent force. Aso Villa is not a retirement home.
He also brought buhari who performed badly. Nigerians have rejected him.

Thank God his SW people alone can't make him president.

Talking about benefits, they gave him massive numbers during elections and still doing so to his proteges, they are tax payers, they are entitled to dividends of democracy.

1 Like

Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by leokid866: 6:47pm On Dec 04, 2022
BeardedMeat:
He has soiled himself. He used his past to destroy his present, all by himself. Besides, he's a spent force. Aso Villa is not a retirement home.
He also brought buhari who performed badly. Nigerians have rejected him.

Thank God his SW people alone can't make him president.
lol Sha don't harm yourself when he is sworn in......yes he brought in Buhari and that's why the north is gonna work with him and obi will have to find a way to beg wike to give him a seat at the pdp table when all this is over .....
Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by LaconicINC: 6:57pm On Dec 04, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
You're advised not to bother reading, it's full of lies and propaganda. Laying claim to do what ONLY can be done by the legislature.

Obi and his rodents does not even understand what's called governance and Politics

Why are you so pained! Good thing go just de pain people, 30k that you are being paid has lost value lately in case you have not noticed!

1 Like

Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by plat0: 8:03pm On Dec 04, 2022
leokid866:
Oga keep quite......doesn't it strike you as odd that someone who wants your trust has no one not even from his own home standing with him? No governor, senator, or even local government chairman? Is that how blind your trust is?
STFU, he doesn't have any governor behind him because they are all corrupt and the politicians knows that if he assumes the mantle of leadership it won't be business as usual, he also doesn't believe in the godfather model. Do you know how much Lagos state would have achieved if all the governors after Tinubu were independent. I hate Nigeria, and I rue the fact that I have to share the same space with foools like you that glorifies corruption and godfatherism. When you're done ruling, you go back to your previous profession or you go home and rest, you don't dabble or try to influence the electoral system in saner climes, you're too stupid to understand that because you stay in a shhithole Nigeria where there are no principles.

2 Likes

Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by DesChyko: 8:21pm On Dec 04, 2022
leokid866:
will keep quiet manifesto that is not upto two days old is what you are salivating over.......I can bet your left balls you have not even read it complete.....

Leokid definitely has no responsibility and is still a boy so Leokid will be forgiven for thinking everyone on Nairaland is at the same level grin

You'll understand soon, Leokid. When you get to the stage.

2 Likes

Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by Nobleman80: 8:46pm On Dec 04, 2022
toneroforever:

I've not heard any new release from cool DJ JagaBAT since 3 days. His nationwide tour & live concerts has trilled millions of Nigerians & we can't seem to get enough of him.
Even if he hasn't finished recording the full album,he should just drop at least one hit track. I'm one of his fans and I miss him so much.
Someone told me that he went to London to entertain his fans in the UK.
I heard Simon Cowell wants yo sign him in his record label called psycho music
Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by toneroforever(m): 8:54pm On Dec 04, 2022
Nobleman80:
I heard Simon Cowell wants yo sign him in his record label called psycho music

grin grin grin
Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by OdefaGirl(f): 10:10pm On Dec 04, 2022
This is uniquely UNIQUE..... not business as usual.

Even if these 8 can be implemented.... Japa syndrome will definitely drop.

1 Like

Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by Newton2024: 10:19pm On Dec 04, 2022
A new Nigeria is POssible.

Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by TechW: 10:24pm On Dec 04, 2022
leokid866:
lol see your mouth like executive order.....you know how many executive orders Buhari has signed and governor's refused to follow? They even took him to court on some and won......it is now obi that will come and tell them what to do.....if I hear say Dem no beat am for office..... grin
Everything is not about governors, there are some that directly affect to the masses.
Once it is good the governors must oblige to it.
Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by Feggie3: 10:26pm On Dec 04, 2022
Asgard73:

Even Obi know say all na wash.. and his Obi dafts IPOB bingos ..will believe anything.. and start barking careless.

OBi think say Nigeria na his IPOB.. Abi people club organization.. where dem Dey hallucinate

They’re not serious .. walahi
It is the way you have given up in life for me. So you wish Nigeria should remain underdeveloped till Jesus comes?
Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by CheapHomes1: 10:47pm On Dec 04, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
You're advised not to bother reading, it's full of lies and propaganda. Laying claim to do what ONLY can be done by the legislature.

Obi and his rodents does not even understand what's called governance and Politics

How is it "Laying claim to do what ONLY can be done by the legislature"?

Since you understand what's called governance and Politics, can you pls explain so that everyone can understand?
Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by CheapHomes1: 10:48pm On Dec 04, 2022
leokid866:

Is that the criteria for becoming president in Nigeria?
Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by CheapHomes1: 10:50pm On Dec 04, 2022
Asgard73:

Even Obi know say all na wash.. and his Obi dafts IPOB bingos ..will believe anything.. and start barking careless.

OBi think say Nigeria na his IPOB.. Abi people club organization.. where dem Dey hallucinate

They’re not serious .. walahi

How are they wash?
Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by Emola12(m): 11:14pm On Dec 04, 2022
Kayode1979:
OBI’s IS A SCAMMER
I know say Mr kayode no go hear word walahi even doh Dem carry nail 678inches nak for in ear nah lie e no go hear u better wise up bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Chris Ngige Launches YuBoss To Create Jobs To Nigerian Youths(Pics) / Killings In Zamfara More Than The Numbers In Plateau And Benue - Buhari / Clash Between Fulani And Berom Natives In Plateau. Villagers Killed. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.