Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,389 members, 7,822,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) (27698 Views)

Yunusa Tanko, Arabambi Differ On Obi’s Manifesto / 10 Takeaways From Oshiomhole’s Victory / Abba Kyari Overrides Buhari’s Decisions, 5 Other Takeaways From Monguno’s Memo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by PrinceOfLagos: 3:03pm On Dec 04, 2022
Peter Obi manifesto is the most talk about on social media spaces currently

Obi na man you be

1 Like

Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by Nobody: 3:04pm On Dec 04, 2022
Superwave16320:
This is what a supposedly intellectual sent extra year to produce ? Just imagine if Tinubu took several months off to produce this disgrace because what will the entire Igbo tribe say ? Imagine providing 24 hour light to university while abandoning health facilities. It seems Peter Obi brain as completely collapsed

You did not see 24 hour light to federal teaching hospitals, nko?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by ZombieSlayer1: 3:04pm On Dec 04, 2022
Superwave16320:
This is what a supposedly intellectual sent extra year to produce ? Just imagine if Tinubu took several months off to produce this disgrace because what will the entire Igbo tribe say ? Imagine providing 24 hour light to university while abandoning health facilities. It seems Peter Obi brain as completely collapsed
I'm not surprised, urchins must always find one rubbish or another to say

1 Like

Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by novaris(m): 3:04pm On Dec 04, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
You're advised not to bother reading, it's full of lies and propaganda. Laying claim to do what ONLY can be done by the legislature.

Obi and his rodents does not even understand what's called governance and Politics

ensure you take your drugs pls. your mental health is of paramount important. it will be a shame for you to start roaming around the neighborhood naked. God will you oh . chai this life eh
Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by symbianDON(m): 3:05pm On Dec 04, 2022
Penguin2:
The Labour Party Candidate finally released his Manifesto last night. It is a 72 page document containing what he called his “pact with the Nigerian people”.

For the benefit of those who have read it, and those who might never read it anyways, these are the few revolutionary takeaways from the document as itemized by this Twitter user.

1) Every life will now be sacred. One life, two lives, or hundred lives, no Nigerian life will be lost without swift and deserved punishment. It will be an end to the scenario where an entire village will be massacred in their sleep and not single culprit is arrested to face justice.

2) Uninterrupted Power supply in Federal Universities and Federal Teaching Hospitals.

3) Power Revolution through investment in Solar Systems and Wind Turbines.

4) Implementation of the Orosanye Report to cut cost of governance.

5) Introduction of Hourly Rate Salary Structure as opposed to Monthly Rate Salary Structure and the criminalization of non-payment of workers by both public and private institutions.

6) Introduction of Football and Basketball Leagues in all the States of the Federation through partnership with state governments, to provide employment and for development of talents in those field of sports.

7) Traditional Rulers will be legally recognized as part of a level of government with constitutionally recognized functions.

8] Our Policing System will be restructured into Federal, State and Local Government Police.

The document is a realistic one with most things in it very achievable and expected to be funded by either the Private Sector or through a Public Private Partnership which removes, to an extent, the question of funding.

Nlfpmod
Mynd44
this is beautiful and realistic as well as achievable within a 4-year tenure
Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by lukency(m): 3:05pm On Dec 04, 2022
Copy-Copy
Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by Abbeytoy(m): 3:06pm On Dec 04, 2022
Penguin2:
The Labour Party Candidate finally released his Manifesto last night. It is a 72 page document containing what he called his “pact with the Nigerian people”.

For the benefit of those who have read it, and those who might never read it anyways, these are the few revolutionary takeaways from the document as itemized by this Twitter user.

1) Every life will now be sacred. One life, two lives, or hundred lives, no Nigerian life will be lost without swift and deserved punishment. It will be an end to the scenario where an entire village will be massacred in their sleep and not single culprit is arrested to face justice.

2) Uninterrupted Power supply in Federal Universities and Federal Teaching Hospitals.

5) Introduction of Hourly Rate Salary Structure as opposed to Monthly Rate Salary Structure and the criminalization of non-payment of workers by both public and private institutions.

6) Introduction of Football and Basketball Leagues in all the States of the Federation through partnership with state governments, to provide employment and for development of talents in those field of sports.

7) Traditional Rulers will be legally recognized as part of a level of government with constitutionally recognized functions.

8] Our Policing System will be restructured into Federal, State and Local Government Police.

The document is a realistic one with most things in it very achievable and expected to be funded by either the Private Sector or through a Public Private Partnership which removes, to an extent, the question of funding.

Nlfpmod
Mynd44

I am not an Obi fan and will never be, I don't know if that will change after 2023 election ó, but I love those bolded and it is what I desperately want to see happen in the country... I don't trust Obi to carry it out. (Please, no abuse, as this is a personal opinion and interest)

I hope whoever becomes President of Nigeria adopts it.

2 Likes

Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by casualobserver: 3:06pm On Dec 04, 2022
Fantasy manifesto! Most of the things he has I. His manifesto he cannot implement without the National Assembly. Remind me again how many senators and reps Labour will have.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by leketon: 3:06pm On Dec 04, 2022
ibechris:

Do they know what is called executive order.

Leave them my brother.

A good man is a good man.

That means we don't NEED NASS?
You are saying he is coming to dictate..
Unfortunately, your preferred man is a regional candidate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by Allisgud: 3:06pm On Dec 04, 2022
I swear a new Nigeria is possible,lp knows why they did not drop this manifesto since,because they know apc is fool of copy and paste
Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by Franzinni: 3:06pm On Dec 04, 2022
Nice ... Greatly people centric..
Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by Nobody: 3:07pm On Dec 04, 2022
uba1991:
I will not reply an unintelligent kid like you. But I will refer you to the time of saraki as the senate President. A project like Lagos Ibadan express road was shut down because saraki remove the money budgeted for that important project and add it to the useless constituency project.
Biden was lucky to have an advantage of one senator if not his infrastructure bill would have not scale through, even the bill for loan to students wouldn't have passed.
Small boy go and learn.
so your trying to say peter obi does not have senatoral candidate or what just tell me
Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by novaris(m): 3:08pm On Dec 04, 2022
Penguin2:

Nlfpmod
Mynd44

a new Nigeria is POssible with peter Obi and Datti baba Ahmed

and for all these mentally impaired urchins who are high from intake of white powder courtsey of their drug lord aka bobo Chicago, I pray God overlooks their foolery and heal them speedily. it's not easy having brain inferior to that of a donkey
Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by Elbethel1: 3:09pm On Dec 04, 2022
All these are truly achievable, the first meaningful manifesto I'd seen in recent time. I hope this is not a mere promise like others.

1 Like

Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by Talkizcheap: 3:09pm On Dec 04, 2022
Lamba.
Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by 5starMan: 3:09pm On Dec 04, 2022
femisplash:
But the spokesperson for Labour has come out to deny Obi ever releasing any manifesto. Since Tinubu challenged him to release his manifesto, Obi and his caimpaign team have been having sleepless nights, releasing different kinds of documents on social media.
What is Tinubu?
Is it a living dead thing or dead living thing?
Hooligans.
Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by novaris(m): 3:10pm On Dec 04, 2022
TechW:

Some can be achieved by executive order, they are not even difficult to pass by the legislatures, it is however be subject to a debate anyways, and if not good at the end of the day shall be thrown away, after all, it's all about what Nigerians want

you are trying to explain something crystal clear like this to a man who has sacrificed common sense on the altar of EMI lokan?
save you strength for something worthwhile
Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by macrodata(m): 3:10pm On Dec 04, 2022
360degreess:
The more I see all the nonsense and f**lishness of Obi supporters,the more I hate him.Imagine the nonsense threath by that animal called Rufai Oseni of Arise tv?.. Is it by force to vote Obi?. Well, the good thing is that Obi will never smell Aso rock, infact,he will be finally retired from active politics in 2023.
You didn't see the nonsense JagaBAT has been spewing out his goro dirty mouth or the white goat who brings mockery to his wife & daughter, it's Rufai that is your problem. Eh? Son of JagaBAT!

You must obey in Obidience dan ubanka!
Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by plat0: 3:12pm On Dec 04, 2022
Alexbio:
Obi Manifesto is a waste of resources, time. He should go for political onboarding.
He lack the the structure that can ensure him the political avenue to compete favorably for an election.
What do you mean by structure? Are they not your average Nigerians? Do they live in alternate realities? Do they buy fuel and food stuff at a cheaper rate. From your inane comment about structure, I can tell you're above 35years. You and your likes do not mean well for Nigeria, yes the man is not a saint but he's better than Tinubu and Atiku, if any of the two oldies win, politicians will cross carpet to the party at the center so they can steal public funds with reckless abandon.

If you're not a direct beneficiary of the APC and PDP and you're yapping about structure, you need to go for mental evaluation at a psychiatric hospital.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by novaris(m): 3:12pm On Dec 04, 2022
femisplash:
But the spokesperson for Labour has come out to deny Obi ever releasing any manifesto. Since Tinubu challenged him to release his manifesto, Obi and his caimpaign team have been having sleepless nights, releasing different kinds of documents on social media.

don't skip your drugs oh abeg

make BP no go kill you on top a man the drug lord aka bobo Chicago supporters said will come a distant fourth...
Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by novaris(m): 3:13pm On Dec 04, 2022
esnbrutality:
And you have been running MADT ...FACT checking and disgracing ya sef.

When is DJ Jagadeath releasing another Hit-track??
grin grin grin grin

definitely tomorrow, I heard he will be sharing his roasted corn of electricity idea with stakeholders in Chatham house tomorrow
Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by 5starMan: 3:14pm On Dec 04, 2022
Noblechykk:

You must be daft; are you trying to say that all senators are anti people or what? So if he send a good bill that will benefit the country, the senators will shut it down because he is not from their party. People like you are the real enemies of the country
He knows whatever thing he is supporting is anti people, so the hooligan is proud to brag about that.
Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by imagrg(m): 3:15pm On Dec 04, 2022
I know some wicked people bent on ruining our economy will not be happy about this.

OBIdience is better than others!

VOTE FOR PETER OBI FOR CHANGE!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by openmine(m): 3:15pm On Dec 04, 2022
Noblechykk:

You must be daft; are you trying to say that all senators are anti people or what? So if he send a good bill that will benefit the country, the senators will shut it down because he is not from their party. People like you are the real enemies of the country
Don't mind them....The legislative arm will bow under pressure to their people esp when the bill will be beneficial to all!
See what happened to the electoral bill that was passed this year after most of senators hesitantly signed the bill due to pressure from their constituents after they had initially rejected the bill sighting flimsy excuses!
At the end,the citizens of Nigeria will determine what is good and right for them!
Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by 27Pushing30: 3:16pm On Dec 04, 2022
Sanchez01:

But you believe a demented Tinubu who wants to implement the US credit system? You had better vote Peter Obi for the very sake of your future. Hourly rates in Nigeria should have been a thing by now, not the horrible exploitative monthly rates.

I’ll take this over one with the stolen childhood picture of Donald Duke.

Because the average OBIdient does not think let me ask you how hourly rate will work in Nigeria?

-What will be the new minimum wage rate/hour?
-With our poor transport sector how will one be moving from job to job in time? When most times 1 hour isn’t enough to get anywhere.

-For the Universities he wants to give 24hour light , how will they afford it? Who is paying ?? What mode of power?

For the traditional rulers what functions will they even be doing? In a Federal presidential system of government? This is a REPUBLIC not a MONARCHY. Jamaica, Australia, New Zealand etc are constitutional monarchies not republics in a Republic a Monarch has NO ROLE.

And what roles will the traditional rulers be given? What authority? From Alaafin to Olubadan to the baales? Lol

Please please y’all don’t question anything at all.

1 Like

Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by favor914: 3:17pm On Dec 04, 2022
Bonesbreaker:
so your trying to say peter obi does not have senatoral candidate or what just tell me
No Labor party doesn’t have any Senator today, and only the rejects are the vying candidates under LP in the forthcoming elections.
Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by novaris(m): 3:17pm On Dec 04, 2022
Superwave16320:

common sense is truly not common at all.... it is clearly states their that their will be 24/7 power supply in teaching hospitals but then you lack sense of reasoning to assimilate that. leave white powder u no gree
Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by 5starMan: 3:18pm On Dec 04, 2022
TheChameleon:
Key takeaways -

1. Baby factories, prostitution and cocaine trafficking will be made legal.

2. All 1st and 2nd Class Graduates will be executed.

3. All skyscrapers will be razed for more slums for pigs to breed.
What is Tinubu?
Hooligans.
Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by 5starMan: 3:18pm On Dec 04, 2022
Alexbio:
Obi Manifesto is a waste of resources, time. He should go for political onboarding.
He lack the the structure that can ensure him the political avenue to compete favorably for an election.
What is Tinubu?
Hooligans.
Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by Quim2: 3:19pm On Dec 04, 2022
360degreess:
The more I see all the nonsense and f**lishness of Obi supporters,the more I hate him.Imagine the nonsense threath by that animal called Rufai Oseni of Arise tv?.. Is it by force to vote Obi?. Well, the good thing is that Obi will never smell Aso rock, infact,he will be finally retired from active politics in 2023.

Does the nonsense of APC and PDP supporters make you hate Atiku and BAT?

Either you are an idiot or paid agent
Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by joe120120(m): 3:21pm On Dec 04, 2022
toneroforever:

I've not heard any new release from cool DJ JagaBAT since 3 days. His nationwide tour & live concerts has trilled millions of Nigerians & we can't seem to get enough of him.
Even if he hasn't finished recording the full album,he should just drop at least one hit track. I'm one of his fans and I miss him so much.
Someone told me that he went to London to entertain his fans in the UK.
To wash his teeth and blocos
Re: Obi Manifesto: 8 Takeaways. (pictures) by leketon: 3:21pm On Dec 04, 2022
Elbethel1:
All these are truly achievable, the first meaningful manifesto I'd seen in recent time. I hope this is not a mere promise like others.

As an solar/inverter engineer, that 5000mw solar generation is a big dream not possible now and in the way they plant it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Certificate Saga: PDP Rejects Buhari's Explanation, Demands His Certificate / Senate Committee On Works Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Progress (photos) / CAN President, Daniel Okoh, Distances Self From APC Presidential Campaign List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.