Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Bauchi, Gombe Fight Over New Oil Wells - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bauchi, Gombe Fight Over New Oil Wells (24592 Views)

Oil Discovery In Bauchi, Gombe Will Cut Niger-Delta Political Power - Buhari / Bauchi, Gombe Oil Wells Cause Tension, Goje Urges Buhari’s Intervention / Buhari Directs NNPC To Take Over The Operations Of Oil Wells (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bauchi, Gombe Fight Over New Oil Wells by StreetMedia: 10:39am On Dec 05, 2022
Tinyere ha ogbahara...
Re: Bauchi, Gombe Fight Over New Oil Wells by Cubeman: 10:39am On Dec 05, 2022
The day it was announced that oil was discovered in the North,I told one person that Northerners have just landed in trouble. This is because oil-rich countries or regions are the most problematic,crisis-ridden,war-ravaged and unsettled in the world. The person didn't believe me. He said "what about Saudi"?. I told him that on the surface,Saudi looks untroubled. But their internal politics is grave. He disagreed because he's not well-versed in the internal politics of oil-rich countries. Oil,a source of great wealth,attracts both internal and external aggressors.
Re: Bauchi, Gombe Fight Over New Oil Wells by jimyjames(m): 10:46am On Dec 05, 2022
Softmirror:
undecided

INSTEAD OF THEM TO LEARN FROM IGBOS. THAT MEANS ABOKIS WOULD HAVE BEHAVED THE SAME IN THE 60S HAD IT BEEN THEY ARE THE ONES WITH CRUDE.

Learn from Igbos or learn from Niger Delta's ?
Re: Bauchi, Gombe Fight Over New Oil Wells by ELOGBO: 10:49am On Dec 05, 2022
I thought they said North is united, only in SS is crises, still on visual oil they are already figthing ���� ����
Re: Bauchi, Gombe Fight Over New Oil Wells by integrity16(m): 11:08am On Dec 05, 2022
Expect North East Oil Avengers.
Re: Bauchi, Gombe Fight Over New Oil Wells by juman(m): 11:18am On Dec 05, 2022
My mind says the oil is ruse, hoax and just con.

Until we see lot of oil coming out of the rigs, I consider their "oil" as deception and deceit. They are just rubbing their ego.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bauchi, Gombe Fight Over New Oil Wells by Joeyfizzo: 11:48am On Dec 05, 2022
Let that Oil become a curse to them ... Insha Allah! ... Northern Militants soon
Re: Bauchi, Gombe Fight Over New Oil Wells by Elidrisy20: 11:55am On Dec 05, 2022
The oil well & the palm oil tree belongs to N/delta
Re: Bauchi, Gombe Fight Over New Oil Wells by brandsoncharlie: 12:01pm On Dec 05, 2022
iLegendd:
God is answering Niger Delta's prayer. They need more oil for the confusion and corruption to continue. Mehn, it will be bloody in the North 20 years from now because of oil.

The crisis in the Niger Delta will be child's play. Technology and agriculture will give us peace of mind in this country, not oil.

Has Nigeria been ever peaceful?
Re: Bauchi, Gombe Fight Over New Oil Wells by Nobody: 12:05pm On Dec 05, 2022
Oya make you start the fight, whoever wins owns the Oyel well
Re: Bauchi, Gombe Fight Over New Oil Wells by Nobody: 12:09pm On Dec 05, 2022
Oil and other resources can be likened to a kind that doesn't rule benevolently
Re: Bauchi, Gombe Fight Over New Oil Wells by Tinububalls: 12:13pm On Dec 05, 2022
Realists:

What an infidel you are,
Please don't slit his throat.
Re: Bauchi, Gombe Fight Over New Oil Wells by CodeTemplar: 12:17pm On Dec 05, 2022
That means neither state has any project commissioned in that community.
If you have a project commissioned by his Excellency, the Bauchi or Gombe state governor, that would having settled it. It also means the community hasnt been taxed innany way before. If so, let the community choose who they want be.
Re: Bauchi, Gombe Fight Over New Oil Wells by Allisgud: 12:18pm On Dec 05, 2022
Oil well wey never fit produce 5 litre

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bauchi, Gombe Fight Over New Oil Wells by Softmirror: 12:19pm On Dec 05, 2022
jimyjames:

Learn from Igbos or learn from Niger Delta's ?

THANK YOU AND NIGER DELTA.
Re: Bauchi, Gombe Fight Over New Oil Wells by CodeTemplar: 12:20pm On Dec 05, 2022
juman:
My mind says the oil is ruse, hoax and just con.

Until we see lot of oil coming out of the rigs, I consider their "oil" as deception and deceit. They are just rubbing their ego.
You are not alone. So they mean neither Bauchi nor Gombe has any commissioned project that can settle this 'dispute' amicably. The other day, Atiku was sounding surprised at the discovery of the oil.
Trust northerners at your own peril.

1 Like

Re: Bauchi, Gombe Fight Over New Oil Wells by CodeTemplar: 12:27pm On Dec 05, 2022
Cubeman:
The day it was announced that oil was discovered in the North,I told one person that Northerners have just landed in trouble. This is because oil-rich countries or regions are the most problematic,crisis-ridden,war-ravaged and unsettled in the world. The person didn't believe me. He said "what about Saudi"?. I told him that on the surface,Saudi looks untroubled. But their internal politics is grave. He disagreed because he's not well-versed in the internal politics of oil-rich countries. Oil,a source of great wealth,attracts both internal and external aggressors.
The above description belongs to small sized resources like precious stones and gold.
Oil resources breeds oligarchy and monarch. Look well at Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Iran, Angola, Nigeria. The elites are farther from the masses but with relative peace while gold and diamond rich nations are the worlds conflict capital.
Re: Bauchi, Gombe Fight Over New Oil Wells by iLegendd(m): 12:44pm On Dec 05, 2022
brandsoncharlie:

Has Nigeria been ever peaceful?
When there was no oil in the Niger Delta, before we were born, Nigeria was peaceful. At the moment, only technology can restore peace, not oil or religion.

2 Likes

Re: Bauchi, Gombe Fight Over New Oil Wells by Nobody: 12:58pm On Dec 05, 2022
Dem never start.

Re: Bauchi, Gombe Fight Over New Oil Wells by Badonasty(m): 2:23pm On Dec 05, 2022
Lol….I was expecting this
Re: Bauchi, Gombe Fight Over New Oil Wells by Ronjule: 4:20pm On Dec 05, 2022
Northern Delta loading
Re: Bauchi, Gombe Fight Over New Oil Wells by papiilo(m): 4:40pm On Dec 05, 2022
iLegendd:
God is answering Niger Delta's prayer. They need more oil for the confusion and corruption to continue. Mehn, it will be bloody in the North 20 years from now because of oil.

The crisis in the Niger Delta will be child's play. Technology and agriculture will give us peace of mind in this country, not oil.

this one is in sipia pain grin

Oga you can't do anything about it. I am now from oil producing state wow!
Re: Bauchi, Gombe Fight Over New Oil Wells by erico2k2(m): 7:22pm On Dec 05, 2022
Islie:
•Four oil wells are in Gombe, boundary commission hypocritical, says gov’s special adviser

•Kolmani is in Gombe, late NNPC GMD misled Buhari, N’Delta scenario looms – Residents

•Matter taking different dimension, Bauchi gov will consult, commissioner assures stakeholders

https://punchng.com/bauchi-gombe-fight-over-new-oil-wells/?amp
Na so E dey take start
It has began
Re: Bauchi, Gombe Fight Over New Oil Wells by bizzibodi(m): 8:57pm On Dec 05, 2022
The title should be Curse of the Ring...no dey curse of the oil grin grin
Re: Bauchi, Gombe Fight Over New Oil Wells by ColdHeatt: 9:14pm On Dec 05, 2022
ThiefnubuBandit:
Head slammers will soon consume themselves.
Here barks another rabid Female Dog; leash her now!
Re: Bauchi, Gombe Fight Over New Oil Wells by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:39pm On Dec 05, 2022
Just another way to add the two states as oil producing states in Nigeria....
Re: Bauchi, Gombe Fight Over New Oil Wells by Quiren(m): 10:45am On Dec 08, 2022
Omihanifa:
Everyone knows the oil well belong to gombe
All the demarcated areas consisting of the drilled wells and wells yet to be drilled are parts of Gombe. Bauchi is just laying claims to it because gombe used to be under bauchi before.

Just like the oil dispute between Rivers and Bayelsa State
Re: Bauchi, Gombe Fight Over New Oil Wells by 9japride(m): 10:50am On Dec 08, 2022
The funny thing is that one party is lying. Normally the people who feel they are stronger tends to oppress the weak. How can a community not know it's actual land?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan Diagnosed With Ruptured Appendicitis / Okorocha Commends Oyegun For Canceling Imo LGA Congress. / Governor Uzodinma: I Will Not Tolerate Any More Protests In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.