Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,254 members, 7,811,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:44 PM

Can Morocco Be Africa's Glimmer Of Hope? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Can Morocco Be Africa's Glimmer Of Hope? (14283 Views)

Can Morocco Actually Lose Because Buhari Congratulates Them? / Can Morocco Be The First African In A World Cup Final? / Morocco Vs Nigeria: CHAN 2018 Finals - 4 - 0 (Full-Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Morocco Be Africa's Glimmer Of Hope? by BATified2023: 2:26pm On Dec 05, 2022
LasisiAyodeji:
Àg,GW,Africa more often than not, has never been seen a threat in the world cup. Although, over the years, there has been few occasions where African teams defile the odds to go as far as the Quarter finals as seen in 94' 02' and 2010.

This handful of appearances still haven't pitched Africa as a serious contender for the title. Coming into Qatar, Morocco, was seen as one of Africa's biggest prospects going by the quality that the squad posseses.

However, being seeded in a very difficult group that had Belgium and Croatia, it still sounds unbelievable, how the Moroccans topped the group. Such a mystery, positions them as an underdog yet, one with unquestionable potentials of going as far as the finals.

With players who're technically gifted like Achraf Hakimi, Hakim Ziyech, Soufiayne Amrabat, Soufiayne Boufal and Yousouf El-Neysri, the North Africans might just give the world a run for their money.
a
Re: Can Morocco Be Africa's Glimmer Of Hope? by BeauBragnar11: 2:26pm On Dec 05, 2022
They're fvckin Arabs.

Y'all should chill with the BS!! angry angry
Re: Can Morocco Be Africa's Glimmer Of Hope? by Allisgud: 2:26pm On Dec 05, 2022
If they become African hope how he go take reduce price of gari back to 500 for paint

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Morocco Be Africa's Glimmer Of Hope? by assholemods: 2:26pm On Dec 05, 2022
psalmz:
Nothing good comes out of African football
How old are you?

3 Likes

Re: Can Morocco Be Africa's Glimmer Of Hope? by sukkot: 2:27pm On Dec 05, 2022
Solofresh2:
Stop underrating Morocco grin
They will shock you to the bone against Spain trust me
oh watch i redid my post but only because of the historical reference. but they would not win the cup. but they may just beat spain wink

1 Like

Re: Can Morocco Be Africa's Glimmer Of Hope? by psalmz(m): 2:30pm On Dec 05, 2022
assholemods:

How old are you?
Re: Can Morocco Be Africa's Glimmer Of Hope? by jamesversion: 2:31pm On Dec 05, 2022
If Morocco were seeded with Australia, Japan, SKorea, Poland or maybe USA, I would have been optimistic.
Spain is an entirely different animal.

But it is football, anything can happen.

3 Likes

Re: Can Morocco Be Africa's Glimmer Of Hope? by psalmz(m): 2:31pm On Dec 05, 2022
sukkot:
super eagles 1996 Olympics ?
asides that and the u17 gold medal Nigeria won and Ghana at the u20 stages

1 Like

Re: Can Morocco Be Africa's Glimmer Of Hope? by mechanics(m): 2:31pm On Dec 05, 2022
No hope for Morocco.
Re: Can Morocco Be Africa's Glimmer Of Hope? by Majesty33(m): 2:32pm On Dec 05, 2022
The zeal, determination , focus and and above all tactical approach from the coaching crew can help crash out Spain.
Re: Can Morocco Be Africa's Glimmer Of Hope? by sukkot: 2:32pm On Dec 05, 2022
psalmz:
asides thaT and the u17 gold medal Nigeria won and Ghana at the u20 stages
but then that defeats your premise of NOTHING GOOD COMES OUT OF AFRICA

1 Like

Re: Can Morocco Be Africa's Glimmer Of Hope? by OVikkytan49: 2:34pm On Dec 05, 2022
You people have started againgrin
That was how you deceived Senegaleses and Africans yesterday.

2 Likes

Re: Can Morocco Be Africa's Glimmer Of Hope? by Chikwado1974: 2:35pm On Dec 05, 2022
Football is not for Africa (FIFA)

2 Likes

Re: Can Morocco Be Africa's Glimmer Of Hope? by Solofresh2: 2:36pm On Dec 05, 2022
sukkot:
oh watch i redid my post but only because of the historical reference. but they would not win the cup. but they may just beat spain wink
Of course they might not win the cup but I have a strong feeling they will give Spain a tough game even if they don't win.
One thing you should know is that, football is more than the normal football you see on the field nowadays.Football is a fixed business nowadays unlike those days
If you check well, you will see that no team won all their games in the group stage
If you win two games, you must lose the third one.
This things are strictly business and no wonder the likes of Brazil could not defeat Cameroon and other upset games like that
Re: Can Morocco Be Africa's Glimmer Of Hope? by DavSagacity(m): 2:36pm On Dec 05, 2022
The Moroccans are not chicken hearted like the Senegalese oOoOO.
They'll give Spain a tough time.
Kusheer:
Morocco - 0 — Spain 3
Re: Can Morocco Be Africa's Glimmer Of Hope? by sukkot: 2:37pm On Dec 05, 2022
Solofresh2:
Of course they might not win the cup but I have a strong feeling they will give Spain a tough game even if they don't win.
One thing you should know is that, football is more than the normal football you see on the field nowadays.Football is a fixed business nowadays unlike those days
If you check well, you will see that no team won all their games in the group stage
This things are strictly business and no wonder the likes of Brazil could not defeat Cameroon and other upset games like that
ARE YOU SAYING SOME GAMES ARE RIGGED ? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Can Morocco Be Africa's Glimmer Of Hope? by Phantom233: 2:38pm On Dec 05, 2022
Morocco can beat spain, Nigeria beat spain at the world cup in 98' it's no big deal. Football is about team work and concentration not big names.

2 Likes

Re: Can Morocco Be Africa's Glimmer Of Hope? by toprealman: 2:38pm On Dec 05, 2022
Kusheer:
Morocco - 0 — Spain 3
2:1 in favour of Morocco.

1 Like

Re: Can Morocco Be Africa's Glimmer Of Hope? by stacyadams: 2:40pm On Dec 05, 2022
mrkings84:
No need, Africa is a flop, just like Senegal v England yesterday, that's how Spain will beat Morocco both halfs, the best Morocco can get is a goal. So my prediction is Mor 1:3 Spain

Africans should go and learn football from the basics
Re: Can Morocco Be Africa's Glimmer Of Hope? by Starz825(m): 2:42pm On Dec 05, 2022
Actually Morocco was the best African team in the group stage that consist Croatia, Belgium, Canada.... coming out as top leader and an unbeaten team

I knew from start that Morocco is a better bet than Senegal...

They can upset Spain.
Re: Can Morocco Be Africa's Glimmer Of Hope? by ojehmario1969(m): 2:42pm On Dec 05, 2022
Spain will win bro

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Morocco Be Africa's Glimmer Of Hope? by prinsam30: 2:42pm On Dec 05, 2022
na so una talk about Senegal oooo, Senegal enter field begin behave like lunatics, I was so sick to my throat watching those Senegalese, I just hope Morocco come all out to play and not hiding behind like a slave behind his master
Re: Can Morocco Be Africa's Glimmer Of Hope? by judedwriter(m): 2:43pm On Dec 05, 2022
Spain will beat Morocco.

Unless Morocco can edge it through penalties.
Re: Can Morocco Be Africa's Glimmer Of Hope? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 05, 2022
Be like say this writer isn't aware that the plane that will carry Moroccans back to their country is already warming up

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Morocco Be Africa's Glimmer Of Hope? by Nawttiboi007(m): 2:44pm On Dec 05, 2022
Wey their king don go visit Buhari

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Morocco Be Africa's Glimmer Of Hope? by Solofresh2: 2:46pm On Dec 05, 2022
sukkot:
ARE YOU SAYING SOME GAMES ARE RIGGED ? shocked shocked shocked shocked
I swear down, games are rigged and it's business.It happens in all top leagues all over the world, including your champions league, premier league,laliga etc.The teams play according to the instructions just like a player playing according to the instructions of their coaches.

1 Like

Re: Can Morocco Be Africa's Glimmer Of Hope? by Dangrace01: 2:46pm On Dec 05, 2022
Solofresh2:

But chairman wait oh how can you fix something the whole world is watching live

People suppose notice nah
Re: Can Morocco Be Africa's Glimmer Of Hope? by foxxydude: 2:48pm On Dec 05, 2022
I wish Morocco to win today for Africa and middle east, Amen
Re: Can Morocco Be Africa's Glimmer Of Hope? by sukkot: 2:48pm On Dec 05, 2022
Solofresh2:
I swear down, games are rigged and it's business.It happens in all top leagues all over the world, including your champions league, premier league,laliga etc.The teams play according to the instructions just like a player playing according to the instructions of their coaches.
THATS COME CRAzY SHIT BRO shocked ahh well nothing surprises me again these days undecided
Re: Can Morocco Be Africa's Glimmer Of Hope? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 05, 2022
Doubt it. Senegal was the best african team. If you watched the last afcon, you shouldn't be surprised considering how poor the quality was. African teams have done about as well as I would have expected in this tournament.
Re: Can Morocco Be Africa's Glimmer Of Hope? by Angelfrost(m): 2:49pm On Dec 05, 2022
Morocco now carries the hope and expectations of an entire continent

1 Like

Re: Can Morocco Be Africa's Glimmer Of Hope? by adewumiopeyemi(m): 2:50pm On Dec 05, 2022
Anything can happen in football

Shey no be korea beat spain

Fotball no be by possession ooo

If you sabi create chance and score

Then morrocco can go for it

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Arsenal Set To Announce Arteta As Their New Manager Today / Andriy Shevchenko Appointed Head Coach Of Genoa FC / Reporter Removes Clothes While Reporting On Ronaldo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.