Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

Tinubu: Why I Delegated El-Rufai, Others To Answer Questions At Chatham House - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: Why I Delegated El-Rufai, Others To Answer Questions At Chatham House (49421 Views)

Naira Redesign: Adamu, El-Rufai, Others Meet Malami In Abuja / Tinubu: Why I Forgave Osinbajo For Contesting Presidential Primaries Against Me / Tinubu, El-rufai, Others Attend Wedding Of Atiku, Ribadu’s Children (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu: Why I Delegated El-Rufai, Others To Answer Questions At Chatham House by Misterone: 4:05pm On Dec 06, 2022
Fujiyama:

^^^
Ok. Now we are stepping things up a gear or two.

Great point you made about institutions. But strong institutions go far beyond the LASTMAs and LAWMAs (important as they are) of this world. My favourite example is freedom of information legislation. Despite Goodluck Jonathan's failings (and they are many), his administration signed freedom of information legislation into law at the federal level. What did the then ACN governor in Lagos do? What did the the then ACN dominated LASG lawmakers do? Absolutely nothing. Then governor Babatunde Raji Fashola undecided made the terrible, unbelievably cynical claim that this legislation cannot be domesticated at the state level (whatever the hell that means). To this day, as far as I'm aware LASG has not passed any FOI legislation.

If Bola Tinubu was the institution builder you claim he is then we would have seen his impact in things of this nature. But that is not the case. And no, it isn't because he is no longer in government. Was he in government when LASG lawmakers attempted to pass a law enthroning Alphabeta consulting as a revenue/tax collector in Lagos state for eternity? undecided

Tinubu is not the right man for the job.
this country is a federation. The federal government cannot pass laws for state. States pass laws as they see fit. Maybe there is a clause or two the state may not like in the FG's version. The state has the right to domesticate the law which the Lagos state government has done.
Re: Tinubu: Why I Delegated El-Rufai, Others To Answer Questions At Chatham House by Misterone: 4:07pm On Dec 06, 2022
Fujiyama:

^^^
It wouldn't be fair, wise or realistic to expect Mr. Tinubu to have all the attributes of a good leader. He wouldn't be human if he did. But I do not believe he has enough of those attributes to do the job he is seeking.

Your question about 'who decides what quality is to be had or not' is a fair one. You have also provided the answer. Voters decide in the end. I am a voter and I presume you are one too. I have just one vote though. If in the end enough voters decide to elect Mr. Tinubu, then so be it. But I still maintain he is not the right man for the job.
like you said, let the voters decide
Re: Tinubu: Why I Delegated El-Rufai, Others To Answer Questions At Chatham House by Fujiyama: 11:00pm On Dec 06, 2022
Misterone:
this country is a federation. The federal government cannot pass laws for state. States pass laws as they see fit. Maybe there is a clause or two the state may not like in the FG's version. The state has the right to domesticate the law which the Lagos state government has done.

^^^
Your last sentence is incorrect. LASG does not have any FOI legislation, 'domesticated' or 'wild' (my words). A web search will reveal this.

I disagree strongly with your legalese about the independence of the different tiers of government in our system. It is noteworthy that you emphasize the 'independence' of tiers of government when it comes to matters such as an FOI law. undecided FOI legislation is good, prudent legislation that supports the sacred right of the public to know how they are governed. Anyone (like BRF) who opposes the people's right to know should be viewed with extreme suspicion.

I see you have not commented on the Alphabeta issue. Let me also remind you of the legislation passed by lagos lawmakers (in 2007?) approving unconscionable pensions and benefits for former governors. That law had Mr. Tinubu's signature all over it.

You see why I say he is not the right man for the job?
Re: Tinubu: Why I Delegated El-Rufai, Others To Answer Questions At Chatham House by usedcardealerph(m): 2:24am On Jan 19, 2023
Aufbauh:
Tinubu leadership style as demonstrated in Chatham house has endeared him to me the more.

He shows high sense of capacity & dexterity to delegate competent hands & a top notch team player.

I've always believed that the President must not be the know-it- all candidate but the one who has the capacity & managerial experience to spot competent hands, delegate, and coordinate to ensure the job is done.

This writeup written up there is the highest form of aloofness I have ever heard in my entire existence. Hell no!! Affliction cannot happen to us the second time. God forbid BAT thing!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Babafemi Ojudu Unhappy As Femi Fani-Kayode Joins APC / Jonathan Hosts His Old Classmates To A Dinner At The Presidential Villa (photos) / Buhari Receives Nigeria’s First Artisanally-Mined Gold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.