Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,700 members, 7,820,447 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) (33925 Views)

Who Else Notice This On Nairaland. Picture Attached / Man Opposes Taxing The Rich Because He Believes One Day He Could Win Big In ‘bab / I Killed Two Snakes The Same Day In My Room. Is It Spirituality Attached? (Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by Mrmb: 5:54pm On Dec 06, 2022
Sageez:
I first heard about this from someone but today, the tax force came my street. To avoid their embarrassment, I just approached one of them and made a transfer.

My neighbor's terminal was seazed and he was made to pay more before they released his terminal.

Omo! In this hard economy, we are still being taxed for everything and yet we get little or nothing back.

Below is a copy of my receipt.

The Obi supporters will blame jagaban and APC for this.....
Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by Raregem248: 5:54pm On Dec 06, 2022
Wonderful
Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by aspabay(m): 5:55pm On Dec 06, 2022
Sageez:
I first heard about this from someone but today, the tax task force came 9to) my street. To avoid their embarrassment, I just approached one of them and made a transfer.

My neighbor's terminal kiosk/device was seazed ceased and he was made to pay more before they released his terminal release his device/kiosk.

Omo! In this hard economy, we are still being taxed for everything and yet we get little or nothing back.

Just write for pidgin next time, we go understand
Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by CUMIN: 5:55pm On Dec 06, 2022
Sageez:
I first heard about this from someone but today, the tax force came my street. To avoid their embarrassment, I just approached one of them and made a transfer.

My neighbor's terminal was seazed and he was made to pay more before they released his terminal.

Even in America they're being taxed. Despite bad economy.
Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by vickydevoka(m): 5:55pm On Dec 06, 2022
shegedu:
We pay N5,000 here in Abuja, collected by AMAC....no be new thing
How long
Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by aspabay(m): 5:55pm On Dec 06, 2022
If this has been Lagos, we no go hear ord again. Hypocrisy of Nigerians is mind blowing
Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by ictplotter(m): 5:56pm On Dec 06, 2022
27Pushing30:
I don't understand...

Are you saying an annual fee of N10,000 is too much?
Are you mad?
What are they making that Government need to tax instead of supporting them. Or you don't know it's funstration that lead one into such a business.
Same Government of Rivers employed 300 thousands polling SSA without doing nothing but being pay monthly salary with same suffering individual tax payer money.
By the time everybody becomes Agbero and kidnapper I will know who those idiots will tax to feed fat.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by officerfudo: 5:59pm On Dec 06, 2022
Make una blame Tinubu, sons and daughters of hate. Na parting gift of Wike for una be that, one of him useless advisers run open office for dirty December
Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by Falseprofet2: 6:01pm On Dec 06, 2022
Are you guys no longer entertained by as e dey sweet us, e dey pain them grin
Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by baralatie(m): 6:03pm On Dec 06, 2022
I am seeing signage and advertising agency?
Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by Doyou2019: 6:04pm On Dec 06, 2022
shuttox:
Choi
Wike that Wike this

If it doesn't favor him...you become his enemy

If this was raised by a Lagos based POS operator, trust ugly urchins to tag them IPOB and proceed to tell them to go back to the East if Lagos no favour them.

Stupid empty-headed morons and na dem suffer pass
Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by baralatie(m): 6:05pm On Dec 06, 2022
Yep!
This is a fraudulent extortion
No doubt
Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by PlanktonX: 6:05pm On Dec 06, 2022
Brendaniel:
I want to believe Nigerian SME's are the most taxed in the world, this one even has receipt, the unofficial taxation is even more than the official one, I've seen where agebros are counting the number of customers coming to buy from a trader to collect settlement for the day (this was an apple seller) no receipt for the payment, funny thing was there was police just beside them, the trader said he equally settled the police before he started selling.

The bad part is the tax payers don't see the benefits - please vote wisely in 2023

Which one be vote wisely?

Vote Peter Obi and have peace.
Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by FaithBrain1994(m): 6:06pm On Dec 06, 2022
Wike is coming out with a disclamer just to look clean before the helpless RIVERS people. This, i have seen..
Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by GistFullGround: 6:06pm On Dec 06, 2022
The Receipt has no official number!
Are you sure that you have not been dumped?
Christmas is coming o!

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by Brendaniel: 6:07pm On Dec 06, 2022
PlanktonX:

Which one be vote wisely?

Vote Peter Obi and have peace.

We are on the same page....
Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by baralatie(m): 6:07pm On Dec 06, 2022
Well
When it comes to fraudulent extortions you can't beat Lagos agberos (both state approved and non approved)
Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by blacksam01: 6:10pm On Dec 06, 2022
oga u werent taxed as a pos operator ,they taxed u cuz of ur signboard....its in every state....if u remove tge signpost..nobody eill tax u
Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by dandollaz: 6:18pm On Dec 06, 2022
gift01:
Wike with his thousands of special advisers: is this what they recommended to you ?
Trust wike know nothing about these guys.different Tax force are fully out again .
Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by uvie66: 6:30pm On Dec 06, 2022
Sageez:

Eh hen before uncor..... are you not suppose to pay tax on your income.
Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by sgtponzihater1(m): 6:30pm On Dec 06, 2022
Omniman:
sad but you get document na.. Is there a certain amount you are supposed to remit as tax....

All these things them they factor am into your profit Abi how u take dey do business.

In a sane environment, if your profit no make sense them go exempt you from tax.... Some African countries do it.

Most of these tax guys are just thieves... angry

I agree with you. Even developed world give tax incentives to developing businesses. There is a tax free threshold you hit before you are taxed, and it is based on a percentage of profit made.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by Emmanuel909090: 6:30pm On Dec 06, 2022
Oh my country
Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by uvie66: 6:31pm On Dec 06, 2022
Slawomirr:
Damnnn niggar
Too bad

How much pos come dey make in a day...especially those in remote areas or place that are not busy

Now I sew why most girls into this pos are now doing it during the day but turn into runz babe at night
.....and what time will they have to sleep ?
Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by TheGift: 6:31pm On Dec 06, 2022
Sageez:

Evidence of a government that has run out of ideas. How can tax be fixed so arbitrarily? Especially for a business that is mainly run by one man/woman SMEs?

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by Minatouchiha(m): 6:31pm On Dec 06, 2022
This is satanic. I can't believe Wike approves of this. Haba, all these politicians, none of them good o.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by one4GOD(f): 6:32pm On Dec 06, 2022
Sageez:

how else would wike raise funds to pay his thousands of SSA nah by taxing the fefu nah
Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by jojothaiv(m): 6:32pm On Dec 06, 2022
Offpoint1:
Once I start any offline business in Nigeria, the first thing I will buy is AK47. I shoot any official AT SIGHT.

Na me dey fuel gen for my business
Na me dey supply myself water
Na me dey pay rent,
No better road for my street to enable easy access to my business,
You tax Landlord, which mean say I dey pay indirect tax
You tax banks I dey use, bank in return tax me
upon all dey tax I no see one single thing I dey benefit from...
Small POS wey I wan take use see change dey clear eyes, you still wan tax me join...... Na to blast any modafoka wey come near me...
E be like you go order for two o. E get business wey I wan take am tidy too.

I dey for Kamilu the furious agbero, hin go later collect watawata
Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by LOVEGINO(m): 6:38pm On Dec 06, 2022
Sageez:

if poor man no die, dis government can never be at peace ooo.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by NwekereNdoki: 6:41pm On Dec 06, 2022
THis is nor RIRS.

THis is RISAA. It means you mounted billboards or banner on your shop.

Normally you have to pay

Saying POS people are taxed 10k is misinformation
Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by GabeO: 6:42pm On Dec 06, 2022
I fear of Tinubu enters this is what Nigeria will look like
Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by TheDictatorNd: 6:49pm On Dec 06, 2022
for those who voted for Wike, una never see anything yet
Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by nelsonose: 6:51pm On Dec 06, 2022
10k tax per annual. This is fair enough. Govt is ran on taxation. You can't do business and take in profits without paying taxes to govt.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Big Snake (viper) Killed In My Area This Morning (pics) / Meet Nairalander Who Escaped Death few Hours Ago / See The Snake Our Security Guards Killed At Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.