Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,612 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) (33926 Views)

Who Else Notice This On Nairaland. Picture Attached / Man Opposes Taxing The Rich Because He Believes One Day He Could Win Big In ‘bab / I Killed Two Snakes The Same Day In My Room. Is It Spirituality Attached? (Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by Nobody: 8:52pm On Dec 06, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
How do I know what?
That 10k is for a year's tax.
Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by kmaster007: 8:54pm On Dec 06, 2022
Thank God no be Tinubu Lagos... We for don ear wotowoto
Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by Nobody: 8:54pm On Dec 06, 2022
Akaraiwe:
The receipt shows payment for advertising/Signage…
So it wasn't taxation, i bet the payer doesn't know that he paid just for signage/advert.
Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by Volcano12(f): 9:37pm On Dec 06, 2022
Mercury12:
This is wickedness. shocked

I think Nigerians need a tax break.
At least some of them!

No they don’t, why because, if the money is being used appropriately like western world does, you’ll not argue to pay taxes.I work as a Registered behavioral technician in California and my two weeks check is at least$2000, but I’m being taxed nothing less than $650 for taxes.After all taxes are being used wisely.Nigeria should wise up, and vote wisely without sentiments.Vote Peter Obi and Datti.
I’m proudly an Itsekiri babe from Delta state
Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by JohnOkolo: 9:46pm On Dec 06, 2022
Sageez:
I first heard about this from someone but today, the tax force came my street. To avoid their embarrassment, I just approached one of them and made a transfer.

My neighbor's terminal was seazed and he was made to pay more before they released his terminal.

Omo! In this hard economy, we are still being taxed for everything and yet we get little or nothing back.

Below is a copy of my receipt.

But u guys make a lot of money why is it hard to pay taxes.

Averagely if u make 5k gain daily Monday to Saturday, multiply thay to a month.

You never come here to show us the bannoes your dey straff with your PoS money nah when government collect tax u dey talk bullshit.

Nah wetin dem hmgo use take develop road and schools if we no contribute our quotas
Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by Chemlite: 9:59pm On Dec 06, 2022
For Bayelsa here, you go pay environmental sanitation, min. of environment, FIRS, local government, if you no dey for block, you go still pay for temporary structure etc, I don forget some. The painful aspect be say e no enter gov't hand, na tout dey chop am!
Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by bitplanet(m): 10:17pm On Dec 06, 2022
two of them came to my estate 2weeks ago, na God save them wey dm no put tyre for their body,... they re thieves in disguise and they were treated as such, after thorough interrogation we realised they were crooks working for their own interest...
Sageez:
I first heard about this from someone but today, the tax force came my street. To avoid their embarrassment, I just approached one of them and made a transfer.

My neighbor's terminal was seazed and he was made to pay more before they released his terminal.

Omo! In this hard economy, we are still being taxed for everything and yet we get little or nothing back.

Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by Tinubumyman: 10:18pm On Dec 06, 2022
This is not directed at POS operators....but signage holders...it's simple

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by Bimpe29: 10:18pm On Dec 06, 2022
The environment is too discouraging and nasty for small and medium businesses to thrive joor.
Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by jamesversion: 10:42pm On Dec 06, 2022
Sageez:

They didn't say its for the signboard. They said they were asked by the state government to collect tax from all pos operators

Then that payment receipt says otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by Treasure17(m): 11:03pm On Dec 06, 2022
Timoleon:
How is it extortion? The average Pos operator makes at least 2k daily, in many instances more. 2k x 30= 60k
60k x 12 = 720k
10k makes up less than 2% of a pos operator’s income. Please do enlighten me how it’s extor.
Lol. Wrong assumption. A POS operator not making six figures in a month is a joker. It's only fair if it's yearly tax.
Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by Missionaire: 11:18pm On Dec 06, 2022
Offpoint1:
Once I start any offline business in Nigeria, the first thing I will buy is AK47. I shoot any official AT SIGHT.

Na me dey fuel gen for my business
Na me dey supply myself water
Na me dey pay rent,
No better road for my street to enable easy access to my business,
You tax Landlord, which mean say I dey pay indirect tax
You tax banks I dey use, bank in return tax me
upon all dey tax I no see one single thing I dey benefit from...
Small POS wey I wan take use see change dey clear eyes, you still wan tax me join...... Na to blast any modafoka wey come near me...
Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by AlphaWolf27: 11:23pm On Dec 06, 2022
RISAA is not tax. It's payment for signages and advertisement. Every state's got its own.
Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by AlphaWolf27: 11:25pm On Dec 06, 2022
The payer knows. They just want to misinform the public.
gypsey:
So it wasn't taxation, i bet the payer doesn't know that he paid just for signage/advert.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by Spiff20(m): 11:31pm On Dec 06, 2022
Sageez:

And the tax is coming from a Signage agency, so you're paying for that small POS sign board in essence
Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by mukthar2000(m): 1:28am On Dec 07, 2022
Nothing person no go see for Ipob Republican.

Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by Myself2(m): 5:24am On Dec 07, 2022
gift01:
Wike with his thousands of special advisers: is this what they recommended to you ?

Dictatorial , arrogant, proud, uncivilised governor.
A brash , uncouth, uncivilised and disrespectful man can never make a good leader overall.
Thank God he did not make it to the national stage of presidency, the type of dictatorial president he would have been is such as Nigeria has never seen
Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by Hightowa: 6:51am On Dec 07, 2022
This is not tax, but payment for signage that our government use to extort the poor masses every state has it own. Lagos has lasaa though I'm not sure they charge pos operators. The day I learn to hawk bottle water inside traffic or push wheelbarrow for Lagos you pay ticket daily I almost cried
Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:32am On Dec 07, 2022
gypsey:
That 10k is for a year's tax.
It written on the receipt posted by the ops
Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:39am On Dec 07, 2022
Brendaniel:

And where did I write that the OP is paying multiple taxes?
Your post is attached
I was only informing you that the ops hasn’t alleged that they are being made to pay multiple tax. Until he does we assume that this is the only tax he is paying

Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by Brendaniel: 7:41am On Dec 07, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
Your post is attached

IF
Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by MrSquint: 7:45am On Dec 07, 2022
I'm not surprised

They even collect levies from those poor women, little children and petty traders along the streets and markets.

They're known to do things like this
Very wicked and jobless lazy youths. Most annoying is the fact that Wike is aware of this wicked act and has done nothing about it.

WICKED PEOPLE EVERYWHERE
Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by deebrownneymar: 8:42am On Dec 07, 2022
This is terrible
Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by Princeokwuego1(m): 10:46am On Dec 07, 2022
because of upcoming cashless transaction
Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by criuze(m): 11:04am On Dec 07, 2022
Don't let charlie of the niger bridge come across this
Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by Nobody: 11:42am On Dec 07, 2022
AlphaWolf27:
The payer knows. They just want to misinform the public.
This is an epic problem with nigerians, Nigeria and Nairalanders, misinformations
Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by fineboynl(m): 2:27pm On Dec 07, 2022
Pos is already paying indirect tax on each transactions.
Re: Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) by Timoleon(m): 2:39pm On Dec 07, 2022
It’s a yearly tax and my assumption isn’t wrong either. The average Pos operator does make up to 2k daily.
Treasure17:

Lol. Wrong assumption. A POS operator not making six figures in a month is a joker. It's only fair if it's yearly tax.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Big Snake (viper) Killed In My Area This Morning (pics) / Meet Nairalander Who Escaped Death few Hours Ago / See The Snake Our Security Guards Killed At Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.