Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,047 members, 7,953,163 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:38 AM

Why Are You Still Abroad? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Are You Still Abroad? (9828 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are You Still Abroad? by Pweety4me(f): 2:17am On Aug 29, 2011
After accomplishing all that you aimed for, why are you still sitting in another man's land ?

Plse, i don't get it, yes i am of the opinion that home is home yu can run but you can't hide from it, no matter how much u blend into their lifestyle or sound more like the people there IT ISN'T YOU! cheesy so you will and should go back to your country!!

You've made all your money, graduated, possibly found a companion done all what you needed and possibly wanted to do, so why not take all that invest and go live in your country?

Pls i want your views.
Re: Why Are You Still Abroad? by 5stardude: 2:24am On Aug 29, 2011
When you get a visa to Ghana you would understand. I love Nigeria but sorry I can't live there even with $20K weekly allowance. Stay #max- ->3weeks vacation only
Re: Why Are You Still Abroad? by fjlovelk(m): 2:38am On Aug 29, 2011
because it's better to stay abroad than homeland for them.
Re: Why Are You Still Abroad? by iwemfoo: 2:41am On Aug 29, 2011
what is romantic about this thread that it is in the romance section
Re: Why Are You Still Abroad? by 5stardude: 2:42am On Aug 29, 2011
Don't you know who the poster is Are you new here?
Re: Why Are You Still Abroad? by MrsChima(f): 2:43am On Aug 29, 2011
Incognigga.
Re: Why Are You Still Abroad? by Pweety4me(f): 2:56am On Aug 29, 2011
iwemfoo:

what is romantic about this thread that it is in the romance section

What is sooo romantic about running from your homeland? undecided

Ok maybe wrong section sha
Re: Why Are You Still Abroad? by iwemfoo: 2:59am On Aug 29, 2011
Pweety4me:

What is sooo romantic about running from your homeland? undecided

Ok maybe wrong section sha

grin Don't worry I go soon run back, thanks to rioters and looters and David Starkeys crew.

5stardude:

Don't you know who the poster is Are you new here?

Nope don't know who she is, just stating a fact. Do you want to beat me abi are u her bodyguard?
Re: Why Are You Still Abroad? by Pweety4me(f): 3:01am On Aug 29, 2011
Lmao plse ignore those bridge gauyys hia

Hmm so u dey there?wetin u dey do?
tongue
Re: Why Are You Still Abroad? by iwemfoo: 3:06am On Aug 29, 2011
I'm just here waiting for the BNP to come into power and send us all back 'where we came from'

Seriously I do want to come back later just want to do the work now so when I come back I can be comfortable because life in nigeria is expensive, I mean basic amenities like electricity, healthcare, water etc.

But I'm there every year and I love my country and i've kept my roots, not one of the lost ones!
Re: Why Are You Still Abroad? by Pweety4me(f): 3:08am On Aug 29, 2011
Hmm ok sir tongue
Re: Why Are You Still Abroad? by iwemfoo: 3:10am On Aug 29, 2011
Pweety4me:

Hmm ok sir tongue

Haha you mean ok ma'am lol. Guess I must come across masculine grin
Re: Why Are You Still Abroad? by Nobody: 3:11am On Aug 29, 2011
I'm ready to go back home. I want to be Nigeria's MLK or Gandhi. Or JJ Rawlings.
Re: Why Are You Still Abroad? by Pweety4me(f): 4:57am On Aug 29, 2011
^^Sarcasm abi?

@Mod Umm probably best in culture or somefin?nevermind
Re: Why Are You Still Abroad? by Pweety4me(f): 4:58am On Aug 29, 2011
iwemfoo:

Haha you mean ok ma'am lol. Guess I must come across masculine grin
Lol ok sorrey
Re: Why Are You Still Abroad? by Nobody: 5:10am On Aug 29, 2011
Pweety4me:
^^Sarcasm abi?

Not at all.
Re: Why Are You Still Abroad? by 27naira(m): 11:05am On Aug 29, 2011
we will all return. one day. Everybody has a timeline and a set target
Re: Why Are You Still Abroad? by Princek12(m): 11:27am On Aug 29, 2011
Many diaspora Nigerians won't return because of the erratic power supply. It is not easy to transition from sleeping in A/C or in the desired temperature every night to sleeping in the heat, or sleeping while being disturbed by the noise from  a generator.
Re: Why Are You Still Abroad? by erico2k2(m): 11:29am On Aug 29, 2011
can U immagine what the kids would think had happened if power goes off 8pm and all of a sudden it goes pitch black?

3 Likes

Re: Why Are You Still Abroad? by iz2much: 11:34am On Aug 29, 2011
owo o ti pe

2 Likes

Re: Why Are You Still Abroad? by JamesDoe: 11:38am On Aug 29, 2011
Come back home to face:

- GEJ
- Boko Haram
- Kidnapping
- MEND
- OPC
- MASSOB
- Armed robbery
- Bank redundancies
- NEPA
- Flooding
- Lecturers looking to sleep with your children
- Extreme poverty and gangster state governors
- Lying employers who skip paying your salary
- Yeye Govt officials who wouldn't give you the right documents to start a business
- Seasonal and annual ethnic cleansing
- etc

Which of the above should we come back to meet?

4 Likes

Re: Why Are You Still Abroad? by daywatcher: 11:39am On Aug 29, 2011
saving for house
Re: Why Are You Still Abroad? by erico2k2(m): 11:40am On Aug 29, 2011
daywatcher:

saving for house
JamesDoe:

Come back home to face:

- GEJ
- Boko Haram
- Kidnapping
- MEND
- OPC
- MASSOB
- Armed robbery
- Bank redundancies
- NEPA
- Flooding
- Lecturers looking to sleep with your children
- Extreme poverty and gangster state governors
- Lying employers who skip paying your salary
- Yeye Govt officials who wouldn't give you the right documents to start a business
- Seasonal and annual ethnic cleansing
- etc

Which of the above should we come back to meet?
erm Mosquito  lol omdays, your list kinda sum it up    grin grin
Re: Why Are You Still Abroad? by Ykman(m): 12:11pm On Aug 29, 2011
Well, I guess staying out there has become an only choice rather than an option! Many a supposed Nigerian out there can't imagine coming home, not to mention visit! I guess problem's that they themselves haven't got much to show for the many years of their foray in d 'whiteman's land' after all! sad sad
Re: Why Are You Still Abroad? by erico2k2(m): 12:20pm On Aug 29, 2011
Ykman!:

Well, I guess staying out there has become an only choice rather than an option! Many a supposed Nigerian out there can't imagine coming home, not to mention visit! I guess problem's that they themselves haven't got much to show for the many years of their foray in d 'whiteman's land' after all! sad sad
if your Bro abroad decides to come home with his Boxers and a hand purse would you chase him back abroad?
Re: Why Are You Still Abroad? by boyt1: 12:23pm On Aug 29, 2011
Remember coming back home is not so easy, enough income to sustain you and make you live a quality  life. forget all the excuses about BOKO, electricity, govt. blaah! blaah!. I  used to give flimsy execuses not to relocate to 9ja.in my early years in USA, but now with my investment and property i can afford my own good home like in L.A., clean water, electricity etc, only God garantees Security.

Now tell me, why is that all the rich Nigerians send their kids Abroad, after the MBA programme they return home because they have a future, while the hustlers  remain in Europe and USA searching for all kinds of jobs and resident permits.
Re: Why Are You Still Abroad? by Russialane(m): 12:27pm On Aug 29, 2011
this abroad is crap slaving for iya charlie i dey come naija wen i finish my postgrad
Re: Why Are You Still Abroad? by baslone: 1:00pm On Aug 29, 2011
Because they can't come back home with nothing to show for all the years!

I speak for 95percent!
Re: Why Are You Still Abroad? by Russialane(m): 1:02pm On Aug 29, 2011
you are right i have seen lots here nothing to show for those donkey years here .
Re: Why Are You Still Abroad? by erico2k2(m): 1:04pm On Aug 29, 2011
Russialane:

you are right i have seen lots here nothing to show for those donkey years here .
when you said you have seen loads here did you mean nothing to show for here i n London or nothing to show for back home? cos its two diffrent picture here
Re: Why Are You Still Abroad? by Russialane(m): 1:16pm On Aug 29, 2011
lets call a spade a spade, in the uk i mean na house dem get? were u end up mortgaging your life for a house for lord knows how many years and when you get old that same house by crook or force will still be collected from you and resold again so, na lie
Re: Why Are You Still Abroad? by http(m): 1:22pm On Aug 29, 2011
everyone know what brought him here, even though some have achieve their goal in life, the fear of uncertainty of what might happen to you back home is a major concern of most pple abroad, naija is not safe enough.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Nigerian Airline Has The Best Cabin Crew? / Third Mainland Bridge Reopens On Thursday, April 4, 2024 / RYANAIR Mend Plane Window With Sellotape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.