Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,697 members, 7,831,172 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Labour Party Hints At Increasing Minimum Wage To ₦‎80,000-₦‎100,000 - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Labour Party Hints At Increasing Minimum Wage To ₦‎80,000-₦‎100,000 (27339 Views)

New Minimum Wage To Take Effect From May 1, 2024 – FG / What's Difficult In Govt Increasing Minimum Wage To N200,000 A Month / Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Labour Party Hints At Increasing Minimum Wage To ₦‎80,000-₦‎100,000 by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 09, 2022
Gbagura:
You're ibo and u9ure known for chest beating. I'm not surprised. Your noise starts and ends online.
Okay, if you say so, and so are your own crying and complaining. There is no damm thing you can do offline fool!.
Re: Labour Party Hints At Increasing Minimum Wage To ₦‎80,000-₦‎100,000 by Gbagura: 3:50pm On Dec 09, 2022
gypsey:
Okay, if you say so, and so are your own crying and complaining. There is no damm thing you can do offline fool!.
You're known for wailing since 2015. You won't stop next year because your pride hasn't thought you how to play politics with sense. Your emotions will put you on the sideline for another 8yrs.
Re: Labour Party Hints At Increasing Minimum Wage To ₦‎80,000-₦‎100,000 by Gbagura: 3:53pm On Dec 09, 2022
Devil1Messenger:

Lolzz
Tinubu wont even come second.
The audacity and the foolishness that u guys have thinking u will inherit Buhari votes from the North needs to be study.
Even GEJ needed a united South to win the 2011 election and when the SW parted in 2015, we all saw what happened.
I'm still calculating where Tinubu Will get his vote from.
The entire SS and SE is no go area for him.
Even the south west is not entirely sure. Now that the traditional PDP stronghold of SS and SE has gone to Obi, Atiku will make sure he use all his power to fight for the northern votes. There is also kwakwanso to compete it for NW votes grin
I nor dey play politics of emotion.
I have been on ground following Nigeria politics for over 20yrs
The governors that u guys heavily rely on are powerless with the new electoral law.
Osun election was a perfect example that rigging will be difficult incase thats what u are banking on.
I have stop playing gamble but incase u are so sure that Tinubu win, go to bet9ja and stake on him. The odd is big now.
Lolz
U are teaching nobody lesson
When Obi rule well, u will benefit and if Tinubu set the country ablaze it Will get to u.
So keep ur lesson for the days ahead becos u may need it
Long trash filled with nothing. Ogbeni bring your money come bet if you're sure. I hates make person dey boast on nothing. You're sure your obi will win àbí? Teach me a lesson by winning my money. Show me you know what you're doing by supporting obi,lol. Anything besides that is just some useless Consolation not to feel sidelined for another 8yrs. Like I said, it starts and ends on nairaland.

Bet and stop making mouths. Obi no dey go anywhere. Tinubu will clear the whole southwest and northcentral with ease. He will gets the needed 25% from both south south and southeast. Northwest will deliver and northeast. You will learn politics by force.

Your backup plans is to shout rigging where there's none. The court will ridicule you if you waste their time.
Re: Labour Party Hints At Increasing Minimum Wage To ₦‎80,000-₦‎100,000 by tunjijones(m): 4:18pm On Dec 09, 2022
Sunnyja:
Most states can't pay the N30k minimum wage yet the governors are burying billions in soakaway and stacking huge cash in government lodges? So is it capacity to pay or lack of willingness to pay?

Am not a governor so I can't answer that question. Yes the governors are greedy and thieves but the worst of all

1 Like

Re: Labour Party Hints At Increasing Minimum Wage To ₦‎80,000-₦‎100,000 by Devil1Messenger: 4:48pm On Dec 09, 2022
Gbagura:
Long trash filled with nothing. Ogbeni bring your money come bet if you're sure. I hates make person dey boast on nothing. You're sure your obi will win àbí? Teach me a lesson by winning my money. Show me you know what you're doing by supporting obi,lol. Anything besides that is just some useless Consolation not to feel sidelined for another 8yrs. Like I said, it starts and ends on nairaland.

Bet and stop making mouths. Obi no dey go anywhere. Tinubu will clear the whole southwest and northcentral with ease. He will gets the needed 25% from both south south and southeast. Northwest will deliver and northeast. You will learn politics by force.

Your backup plans is to shout rigging where there's none. The court will ridicule you if you waste their time.
No wahala
Till February
Make i see as Tinubu go get 25% for my state Edo
We are waiting for him to come campaign in edo and watch us chase him out
Re: Labour Party Hints At Increasing Minimum Wage To ₦‎80,000-₦‎100,000 by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 09, 2022
Gbagura:
You're known for wailing since 2015. You won't stop next year because your pride hasn't thought you how to play politics with sense. Your emotions will put you on the sideline for another 8yrs.
Look who is yapping rubbish about emotion, you want Obi to lose but yet want him to increase salaries first to prove his promises. grin clearly you have no idea how politics works you are a confused individual. You want Obi to lose but still crying that he will lose. grin madness or what?

If Obi loses as you are hopping as i have told you earlier he is not the one who would continue suffering it would be foolish idiats like you. Obi is already a millionaire. I pity you and your poor families. You must hate your life so much to want to carry on suffering.

1 Like

Re: Labour Party Hints At Increasing Minimum Wage To ₦‎80,000-₦‎100,000 by fkj950ax(m): 7:55pm On Dec 09, 2022
gypsey:
why are you worried how they will pay? When politicians are looting billions of naira why were you not worried where they loot the money from? But when it is a promise to pay nigerians good wages you worry how it will be paid, how did you know the money is not available? How did you know that the econiny achieved negative earnings? But politicians are still looting and made you believe the economy achieved negative earnings.

Who gives a shit where the money will come from? Just take the forking money!

I bet if it were APC promising 100000k wages you would believe it

This is exactly the thinking that got Nigeria into the mess it is in right now.
Re: Labour Party Hints At Increasing Minimum Wage To ₦‎80,000-₦‎100,000 by axeman2(m): 2:02am On Dec 10, 2022
Sportybet are 419 I won a bet yesterday they are yet to pay me guys be warned this is the prove
Ticket Details
Ticket ID: 974650
08/12 22:21
Multiple
Total Return
Total Stake
Total Odds
Lost
Game ID: 21818 | 08/12 21:00
Real Madrid W v Chelsea FC W
Match Tracker
FT Score:
1:1

Pick Draw @2.05

Market 1X2

Outcome Home
Game ID: 21844 | 08/12 21:00
SKN St. Polten v Slavia Prague
Match Tracker
FT Score:

Pick Draw @2.35

Market 1X2

Outcome Draw
Game ID: 17031 | 08/12 21:00
Malaga CF v Granada
Match Tracker
FT Score:

Pick Draw @1.90

Market 1X2

Outcome Draw
Number of Bets: 1
Bet Details
Check Transaction History
Delete Ticket
Re: Labour Party Hints At Increasing Minimum Wage To ₦‎80,000-₦‎100,000 by Nobody: 1:55pm On Dec 10, 2022
fkj950ax:

This is exactly the thinking that got Nigeria into the mess it is in right now.
Well.. you carry on worrying , while politicians are filling their pockets with the money they tell you the country don't have and that the economy is in negative.
Re: Labour Party Hints At Increasing Minimum Wage To ₦‎80,000-₦‎100,000 by Ekpeitit(m): 2:03pm On Dec 10, 2022
Someone please explain how Labour Party are going to do that. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Labour Party Hints At Increasing Minimum Wage To ₦‎80,000-₦‎100,000 by fkj950ax(m): 2:03pm On Dec 10, 2022
gypsey:
Well.. you carry on worrying , while politicians are filling their pockets with the money they tell you the country don't have and that the economy is in negative.
You dont even have any idea how corruption works and politicians enrich themselves if you think stopping politicians filling their pockets will allow the government pay 80k minimum wage.
And did you actually say the economy being negative is what they tell you and not that the economy is actually performing badly?
You need to watch or read more information on governance and economy.
Re: Labour Party Hints At Increasing Minimum Wage To ₦‎80,000-₦‎100,000 by fkj950ax(m): 2:06pm On Dec 10, 2022
Ekpeitit:
Someone please explain how Labour Party are going to do that. grin grin grin
Thats what I am asking @gypsey to do, and he's just going around like a gyroscope heading downhill.

Its easy to make promises before election. Let him enter the office.
Re: Labour Party Hints At Increasing Minimum Wage To ₦‎80,000-₦‎100,000 by Nobody: 2:17pm On Dec 10, 2022
fkj950ax:

You dont even have any idea how corruption works and politicians enrich themselves if you think stopping politicians filling their pockets will allow the government pay 80k minimum wage.
And did you actually say the economy being negative is what they tell you and not that the economy is actually performing badly?
You need to watch or read more information on governance and economy.
Okay if you say so. You are reading, watching what they want you to read or watch they put out informations that would make you believe what they want you to believe, You have no idea how politics media works.

Start with stopping them filling their pockets first you would be surprised how much would be recovered, one politicians, just one man looted 2 billion naira few years back and pretended to faint during interogations on live TV, where is he now? Enjoying his 2 billion loot.
Re: Labour Party Hints At Increasing Minimum Wage To ₦‎80,000-₦‎100,000 by Nobody: 2:46pm On Dec 10, 2022
fkj950ax:

Thats what I am asking @gypsey to do, and he's just going around like a gyroscope heading downhill.

I don't understand some of you people.. grin Labour party promises they will pay 80k salary if they win and you people are concerned and asking how they will pay 80k salary, well...vote for them and see how they will do it, i mean, what have you got to lose? Anyway,what would be the better alternative for APC to carry on paying 30k? Suddenlly some nigerians worry about how their 80k salaries would be paid? Because it is the labour party that made the promise? cheesy fine! vote APC and carry on living in poverty
Re: Labour Party Hints At Increasing Minimum Wage To ₦‎80,000-₦‎100,000 by Ekpeitit(m): 2:51pm On Dec 10, 2022
fkj950ax:

Re: Labour Party Hints At Increasing Minimum Wage To ₦‎80,000-₦‎100,000 by Ekpeitit(m): 2:52pm On Dec 10, 2022
Enter which office?
How is Obi going to enter the office?
grin grin
Re: Labour Party Hints At Increasing Minimum Wage To ₦‎80,000-₦‎100,000 by fkj950ax(m): 7:24pm On Dec 10, 2022
gypsey:
I don't understand some of you people.. grin Labour party promises they will pay 80k salary if they win and you people are concerned and asking how they will pay 80k salary, well...vote for them and see how they will do it, i mean, what have you got to lose? Anyway,what would be the better alternative for APC to carry on paying 30k? Suddenlly some nigerians worry about how their 80k salaries would be paid? Because it is the labour party that made the promise? cheesy fine! vote APC and carry on living in poverty

Let me clarify 2 main issues I think you are missing or dont understand.

Peter Obi is not a magician, and has to be very careful with promises he cant keep. Nigeria suffered 8 years when Buhari did this. Its easy to sit down for 90 minutes in the football stand and analyse the players on the field who are the ones running around for 90 minutes.

Is 80k a month a good pay? Yes it is. But I hope you know that if civil servants get an increase in salary, prices of everything goes up.
People in the private sector - MAJORITY OF NIGERIANS - wont get 80k/month, but will be forced to pay the price increase to feed. Thereby making life difficult for people.

Now, can the government afford 80k/month? The honest answer is No.
It's only Federal Civil Servant PO can unilaterally increase to 80k/month. Each State government wont or cant because where will they get the money to pay? States are owing salaries. States are not equal even with IGR or FAAC allocation.

There are 720,000 civil servants at the Federal Level and Kano State (as at 2018) had the highest for State level, 180,000.
Let's pretend all the 36 states have 180,000 that gives us 7.2m civil servants only will get 80k/mth minimum wage. Out of 150m WORKING Nigerians or the 200m population!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Politicians and public servants that are "stealing money" according to you dont go to CBN or External Reserve or Min of Finance to steal money.
They ALL take bribe (from private sector - not government money) AND/OR they misappropriate funds (That is take money meant for public infrastructure or services and those services are not provided).

The budget is capital and recurring expenditure. Salaries come from recurring. Infrastructure comes from capex.
The misappropriation comes from the Capex. They allocate these money for projects and infrastructure and dont execute the projects (no school, no hospital, no roads, no bridge, no housing, no industrial areas, no refinery, no NOTHING)

Going by your logic, you want PO to get into office and transfer part of the capital expenditure and put it in recurring so that salary increase can happen.

2022 budget was N17.1tr - breakdown of N3.8tr debt payment; N6.9tr recurring; and N5.47tr capex. (Remeber we borrowed to even make these figures)

200m people will get projects from 5.47trn, while 6.9trn is used for govt (politicians and civil servants and services). You are asking for money to be taken from 200m to increase salary of people already using 6.9trn? (If we take money politicians and govt steal and use it to increase salary (remember only civil servants get the increase, not the private sector)

Does BAT has a right to contest election? YES
But I am surprised people (not aliens o - NIGERIANS above 18 years) are stupid enough to support him or APC (truth is that is their right also)
Should PO contest election? YES HE SHOULD and I hope he wins
But PO has a lot that worries me. Example is the 80k/mth salary, HOW WILL FG AFFORD IT?
Even the 72 page Manifesto he finally released is empty and full of promises. I do not see actionable issues. Plenty We will. We will. We will. A manifesto should be HOW-WE-WILL, not just We will.
I sincerely hope people will go out on election day and vote, instead of being online wasting time, or posting photos of stupid crowd size at rallies.

For PO to run a government that can even do 10% of all these big promises, Labor Party should control both the NASS and AsoRock.
PO and Labor Party have ABSOLUTE NO PLAN to win seats in the Senate or House of Rep.
Even if BAT loses, PO will be frustrated by a NASS filled with APC/PDP senators and house of rep members.
What is LP doing to ensure the NASS is won by LP candidates? Nothing. Infact, nobody on this whole thread even knows the LP candidates for NASS[/b]

I am not against PO. He his just giving vibes of PMB and the 2015 Campaign, and that is as TRAUMATIC as Tinubu winning and being President till 2031

1 Like

Re: Labour Party Hints At Increasing Minimum Wage To ₦‎80,000-₦‎100,000 by Nobody: 7:45pm On Dec 10, 2022
fkj950ax:

Let me clarify 2 main issues I think you are missing or dont understand.

Peter Obi is not a magician, and has to be very careful with promises he cant keep. Nigeria suffered 8 years when Buhari did this. Its easy to sit down for 90 minutes in the football stand and analyse the players on the field who are the ones running around for 90 minutes.

Is 80k a month a good pay? Yes it is. But I hope you know that if civil servants get an increase in salary, prices of everything goes up.
People in the private sector - MAJORITY OF NIGERIANS - wont get 80k/month, but will be forced to pay the price increase to feed. Thereby making life difficult for people.

Now, can the government afford 80k/month? The honest answer is No.
It's only Federal Civil Servant PO can unilaterally increase to 80k/month. Each State government wont or cant because where will they get the money to pay? States are owing salaries. States are not equal even with IGR or FAAC allocation.

There are 720,000 civil servants at the Federal Level and Kano State (as at 2018) had the highest for State level, 180,000.
Let's pretend all the 36 states have 180,000 that gives us 7.2m civil servants only will get 80k/mth minimum wage. Out of 150m WORKING Nigerians or the 200m population!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Politicians and public servants that are "stealing money" according to you dont go to CBN or External Reserve or Min of Finance to steal money.
They ALL take bribe (from private sector - not government money) AND/OR they misappropriate funds (That is take money meant for public infrastructure or services and those services are not provided).

The budget is capital and recurring expenditure. Salaries come from recurring. Infrastructure comes from capex.
The misappropriation comes from the Capex. They allocate these money for projects and infrastructure and dont execute the projects (no school, no hospital, no roads, no bridge, no housing, no industrial areas, no refinery, no NOTHING)

Going by your logic, you want PO to get into office and transfer part of the capital expenditure and put it in recurring so that salary increase can happen.

2022 budget was N17.1tr - breakdown of N3.8tr debt payment; N6.9tr recurring; and N5.47tr capex. (Remeber we borrowed to even make these figures)

200m people will get projects from 5.47trn, while 6.9trn is used for govt (politicians and civil servants and services). You are asking for money to be taken from 200m to increase salary of people already using 6.9trn? (If we take money politicians and govt steal and use it to increase salary (remember only civil servants get the increase, not the private sector)

Does BAT has a right to contest election? YES
But I am surprised people (not aliens o - NIGERIANS above 18 years) are stupid enough to support him or APC (truth is that is their right also)
Should PO contest election? YES HE SHOULD and I hope he wins
But PO has a lot that worries me. Example is the 80k/mth salary, HOW WILL FG AFFORD IT?
Even the 72 page Manifesto he finally released is empty and full of promises. I do not see actionable issues. Plenty We will. We will. We will. A manifesto should be HOW-WE-WILL, not just We will.
I sincerely hope people will go out on election day and vote, instead of being online wasting time, or posting photos of stupid crowd size at rallies.

For PO to run a government that can even do 10% of all these big promises, Labor Party should control both the NASS and AsoRock.
PO and Labor Party have ABSOLUTE NO PLAN to win seats in the Senate or House of Rep.
Even if BAT loses, PO will be frustrated by a NASS filled with APC/PDP senators and house of rep members.
What is LP doing to ensure the NASS is won by LP candidates? Nothing. Infact, nobody on this whole thread even knows the LP candidates for NASS[/b]

I am not against PO. He his just giving vibes of PMB and the 2015 Campaign, and that is as TRAUMATIC as Tinubu winning and being President till 2031
I gave you an example of one man who looted 2billion naira few years ago, only one man, tell me, what happened to him? Nothing! No one did nothing. he is still driving around in an expensive SUV spending his loots yet we should be concerned how Obi will pay 80k salaries.

Let's give Obi the chance to prove him wrong again, i ask, what would be better alternative? None!
Re: Labour Party Hints At Increasing Minimum Wage To ₦‎80,000-₦‎100,000 by fkj950ax(m): 8:45pm On Dec 10, 2022
gypsey:
I gave you an example of one man who looted 2billion naira few years ago, only one man, tell me, what happened to him? Nothing! No one did nothing. he is still driving around in an expensive SUV spending his loots yet we should be concerned how Obi will pay 80k salaries.

Let's give Obi the chance to prove him wrong again, i ask, what would be better alternative? None!

What is N2bn? That is chewing gum money to people running payroll. Can't even pay ONE (1) State's wage bill for A SINGLE month. And we have 12 months and 36 States plus FCT plus Federal Civil Servants
Did you read my concluding part? I am not against PO. I am for PO, but he has to play his part also, and by starting to chart a REALISTIC course even before the elections.
If we are not concerned how he will pay 80k (which will cause inflation and serious suffering for everybody else), when he gets there and can't pay it nko?
Remember ASUU endless strike that recently resolved? It was promises of increase in salaries and other funds made by govt they couldnt keep.
Re: Labour Party Hints At Increasing Minimum Wage To ₦‎80,000-₦‎100,000 by Nobody: 9:42pm On Dec 10, 2022
fkj950ax:

What is N2bn? That is chewing gum money to people running payroll. Can't even pay ONE (1) State's wage bill for A SINGLE month. And we have 12 months and 36 States plus FCT plus Federal Civil Servants
Did you read my concluding part? I am not against PO. I am for PO, but he has to play his part also, and by starting to chart a REALISTIC course even before the elections.
If we are not concerned how he will pay 80k (which will cause inflation and serious suffering for everybody else), when he gets there and can't pay it nko?
Remember ASUU endless strike that recently resolved? It was promises of increase in salaries and other funds made by govt they couldnt keep.
Well.. you make alot of sense, but what would be the best alternative? I cannot see any. Yes, you are right to querry Obi's motive on his 80k salaries promises. But.. again, what would be the alternative? I keep asking.
Re: Labour Party Hints At Increasing Minimum Wage To ₦‎80,000-₦‎100,000 by MasterShifu010(m): 5:43pm On Dec 12, 2022
lhordspy:
Lol.

Labour party and its daft presidential candidate will just be spewing figures around like an amateur. Just look at the ignorant kids jubilating above.

Is this achievable economically and financially? You want to wreck the country down. In a country where even a common continous payment of subsidy is taking a toll on the country.

Labour party think we are all fools who dont know how things works.
It is more like telling a kid you will buy aeroplane for him/her . How?

If you really knew how things worked , you won’t be supporting APC ..
No punt intended ... undecided undecided
Re: Labour Party Hints At Increasing Minimum Wage To ₦‎80,000-₦‎100,000 by MasterShifu010(m): 5:45pm On Dec 12, 2022
triple996:
Lies grin
Nigeria day depends on crude oil
Where is d money coming from?

That’s where “consumption to production comes in “

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

EFCC Gets Petition Against Jonathan Over Arms Deal / Ayiri Emami Welcomes The Olu Of Warri To His Community - Photos / Peter Obi: Why Some People Are Against Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.