Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,631 members, 7,813,087 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:47 AM

FBI takes over UN bombing investigations, sidelines Police, SSS - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FBI takes over UN bombing investigations, sidelines Police, SSS (7608 Views)

Jonathan Sidelines Yoruba In Key Appointments - Akande / SSS Absolves Iherijirka Of BH Sponsorship Without Investigations / Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FBI takes over UN bombing investigations, sidelines Police, SSS by monkeyleg: 8:51pm On Aug 29, 2011
@Beaf,

It is not today that we have been sending members of our security service abroad for training, infact in my opinion, it has not really worked. i would rather have a team on the ground in Nigeria conducting the training and complete overhaul. The nigeria police academy need to be cleaned out, my model would even suggest ascribing some of the trainers high positions within the force, were they are lilkely to make the necessary change. So I am of the opinion that high tech training abroad wouldnt really tackle the on the ground issues, especailly when some of the processes are not applicable to our society and country
Re: FBI takes over UN bombing investigations, sidelines Police, SSS by Beaf: 9:00pm On Aug 29, 2011
^
You could be right there. I would normally kick hard against any infringement of Nigeria's sovereignty, but we are almost without any sort of cover with the wretchedness of our current police force. I wouldn't go as far as give them top positions, except such a position is labelled, "adviser". Then it will be left for the govt to set up a potent structure around the "advisers." That really could work.

Our army too is in need of the same treatment, cos a good proportion of the senior officers are boko haram.
Re: FBI takes over UN bombing investigations, sidelines Police, SSS by monkeyleg: 9:35pm On Aug 29, 2011
I have been suggesting this idea for months, and believe me this is a very workable plan. I wont see it as Infringement or invading anyones sovereinty, after all in light of the recent riots in the UK, there was talk of getting a top cop from the US to head the met, but thats a seperate issue. Even if you make them adviser, it has to be advisers with power, they must be in a position to implement things rather than having walls drawn up against them. we must accept that we are out of our depth with this one, and yes the army will need looking into. We really need to re-define the way we do things
Re: FBI takes over UN bombing investigations, sidelines Police, SSS by pleep(m): 9:54pm On Aug 29, 2011
The FBI is America's domestic intellegence agency. This is not FBI work, this is the CIA.

I suppose they are switching the names to avoid bad publicity.
Re: FBI takes over UN bombing investigations, sidelines Police, SSS by mekaboy(m): 11:45pm On Aug 29, 2011
The same police that is giving out information to bokoharam is now complaining, what have they done since the bombing in the headquarters. I told you pple that the problem that gej is facing is that he does not know who to trust even those that sit in meetings with him are sponsors of boko haram, u don't expect gej to issue the arrest of people like atiku abubaka. And buhari on assumption, even though they may be suspects but we still need evidence, yes there are untouchables, pdp at the high level is a cult and there are oats taken, gej cannot touch the untouchables directly, that is why he has brought a 3rd party to touch them on his behalf, Nigerians prepare for war against the north, because when the outcomes of this investigations is revealed and action is taken against the northern sponsors of boko haram, they will start to do what they know best which is violence, destroying lives and property, Nigerians better preper for them. No single tribe owns nigeria or is born to rule nigeria, if the north rise nigeria will crush them. The story has just begun.
Re: FBI takes over UN bombing investigations, sidelines Police, SSS by naijaking1: 3:11am On Aug 30, 2011
The FBI has a right to investigate anytime an American is killed or injured, and that's what happened.
Nothing stops our own SSS and police to conduct their own investigation.
All the people crying about FBI investigation now were probably the same people who's been threatening GEJ with fire, hell and brimstone if he wins the election.
Who is afraid of the FBI
I can't wait for the US to chase some Nigerians around like wild dogs, just like they're chasing Gaddafi and Omar of Sudan shocked
Re: FBI takes over UN bombing investigations, sidelines Police, SSS by pleep(m): 3:27am On Aug 30, 2011
^ and saddam hussien.

don't you just envy the peace and stability in iraq?
Re: FBI takes over UN bombing investigations, sidelines Police, SSS by Nobody: 5:50am On Aug 30, 2011
The police ans sss knows they would not achieve much because they are part of the problem or knows who are behind this attacks and have covered their tracks cheesy
Re: FBI takes over UN bombing investigations, sidelines Police, SSS by naijaking1: 6:01am On Aug 30, 2011
pleep:

^ and saddam hussien.

don't you just envy the peace and stability in iraq?

Saddam went down like Gaddafi, and so will other muslim extremists and terrorists.
You know, Iraq is not so bad considering the "born to rule" mentality of northern muslims in Nigeria.
For years Arab and extremists muslims have interfered in our affairs on the side of northerners, so the involvement of FBI is a most welcome to balance that radical shift, and of course hopefully bring in western influence to counteract centuries of unfair Arab peddling in Nigeria.
Re: FBI takes over UN bombing investigations, sidelines Police, SSS by Kobojunkie: 6:05am On Aug 30, 2011
monkeyleg:

I have been suggesting this idea for months, and believe me this is a very workable plan. I wont see it as Infringement or invading anyones sovereinty, after all in light of the recent riots in the UK, there was talk of getting a top cop from the US to head the met, but thats a seperate issue. Even if you make them adviser, it has to be advisers with power, they must be in a position to implement things rather than having walls drawn up against them. we must accept that we are out of our depth with this one, and yes the army will need looking into. We really need to re-define the way we do things

The building that was bombed, even though it was within the territory of Nigeria, belongs to the U.N -- it is in no way Nigeria's property. So the UN has a right to send it's the FBI to investigate the problem there. It is nothing new, and the investigators do not have to reveal their findings to the host country. Our SSS can as well conduct their own investigation. No one has announced that they can't, so far.
Re: FBI takes over UN bombing investigations, sidelines Police, SSS by Nobody: 9:20am On Aug 30, 2011
Kobojunkie:

The building that was bombed, even though it was within the territory of Nigeria, belongs to the U.N -- it is in no way Nigeria's property. So the UN has a right to send it's the FBI to investigate the problem there. It is nothing new, and the investigators do not have to reveal their findings to the host country. Our SSS can as well conduct their own investigation. No one has announced that they can't, so far.

Another stupid talk,They have the right to send FBI because it is UN building,You are really sick,and i dont know what goes on in that your head.Is that what has happened in other places that unation buildings or staffs were killed.
Re: FBI takes over UN bombing investigations, sidelines Police, SSS by nolongTing: 1:36pm On Aug 30, 2011
olas2u:

Another silly talk,They have the right to send FBI because it is UN building,You are really sick,and i dont know what goes on in that your head.Is that what has happened in other places that unation buildings or staffs were killed.

see [size=13pt]Kobojunkie[/size] see dumbness oo!!!   grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: FBI takes over UN bombing investigations, sidelines Police, SSS by badmrkt(m): 2:30pm On Aug 30, 2011
i refuse to accept the fact that we are INDEPENDENT,because we rely so much on foreigners to solve problems caused by our own very people, failed government who can't even inspire it citizens,  angry
Re: FBI takes over UN bombing investigations, sidelines Police, SSS by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 30, 2011
nolongTing:

see [size=13pt]Kobojunkie[/size] see dumbness oo!!!   grin grin grin grin grin grin

You also dumb to support such a stupid argument you know nothing about ,common sense should tell you ,Nigerian operatives can invite them to help out,which one is they have the right in your country ,Its a soverign country with is own operatives to investigate and arrest people that are invloved in such act.Colo mentals
Re: FBI takes over UN bombing investigations, sidelines Police, SSS by owobokiri(m): 4:20pm On Aug 30, 2011
How can our officers solve this kind of complex case? It has gone beyond "accidental discharge". Its now every man to himself and God for us all,
Re: FBI takes over UN bombing investigations, sidelines Police, SSS by pleep(m): 6:46pm On Aug 30, 2011
nolongTing:

see [size=50pt]Kobojunkie[/size] & see [size=50pt]dumbness[/size] oo!!!   grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Suntai’s Aides Return From German Hospital / 23 Killed As Vehicles Crash Into Collapsed Bridge In Katsina / Nigeria To Float Development Bank – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.