Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,384 members, 7,812,132 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

When Will The Sky Shelter Fund Be Listed On The NSE? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / When Will The Sky Shelter Fund Be Listed On The NSE? (1911 Views)

Forbes Enlists Oscar Onyema, NSE Boss, In “10 Most Powerful Men In Africa” List / Listing Of Shares On The NSE Should Be Voluntary - MTN / Stocks / Shares Investors Which Way Forward? As The Nse Is Crashing Gradually. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Will The Sky Shelter Fund Be Listed On The NSE? by pinokio(m): 4:36pm On Aug 24, 2007
I'd like to know if the skye shelter fund is likely to be listed on the NSE this year.
Easimoni & co. over to you
Re: When Will The Sky Shelter Fund Be Listed On The NSE? by atilla(m): 8:46am On Aug 27, 2007
According to the timetable

22/10/07 ----------------Listing of the Skye Shelter Fund

The deadline is today I hope you know
Re: When Will The Sky Shelter Fund Be Listed On The NSE? by kingzy(m): 11:57am On Aug 27, 2007
Plz explain in detail the meaning of the skye shelter fund
Re: When Will The Sky Shelter Fund Be Listed On The NSE? by tonmax(f): 2:03pm On Aug 27, 2007
@Atilla,
Deadline is 29 August!
Re: When Will The Sky Shelter Fund Be Listed On The NSE? by TOLABABE1(f): 2:54pm On Aug 27, 2007
sky shelter fund is controlled by sky bank, they get public fund as an equity, invest it in property development project which makes you an equity owner, they will be distributing the annual profits and loss among their investors. i think its is a good idea becos if well handled it will never reduce value. it is just like the normal share i.e. the usual public offer, the only difference is that they will invest it in property thing and it is going to be managed by experts.

good luck
Re: When Will The Sky Shelter Fund Be Listed On The NSE? by TOLABABE1(f): 2:58pm On Aug 30, 2007
@atila i want your advice as well as other stockbrokers on board, i have a money i intend buying Sky Shelter fund with and i can still wait for Dangote Flour or better still buy Access, guys i'm confused, i don't know which to choose from my scale of preference since i have limited resources(cash).

i will appreciate your urgent reply guys.
Re: When Will The Sky Shelter Fund Be Listed On The NSE? by dodochi42: 3:10pm On Aug 30, 2007
I 'll advice you wait for fidelity !
Wait ! if only you can wait !
Re: When Will The Sky Shelter Fund Be Listed On The NSE? by dodochi42: 3:14pm On Aug 30, 2007
or if you cant wait then buy sky shelter , it depend on how much you have and whether you want medium or short term or even long term
ife you'll buy skye shelter make sure you have 100,000units there
they are going to take care of the properties well because there is presently a boom in real estate
Re: When Will The Sky Shelter Fund Be Listed On The NSE? by atilla(m): 5:00pm On Aug 30, 2007
@ Tola babe

please let me know
1. how much you have to invest
2. if you want to invest for the long term or short term

these will help me advice you.
Atilla
Re: When Will The Sky Shelter Fund Be Listed On The NSE? by TOLABABE1(f): 1:14pm On Sep 04, 2007
thanks, i have n100,000.00, what should i do
Re: When Will The Sky Shelter Fund Be Listed On The NSE? by Crownvilla(m): 3:51pm On Sep 04, 2007
@ Tolababe

Please note, that the Skye Shelter offer closed last month. Next time there is an IPO, just go to any branch of the bank, complete a form, submit with your payment and get your receipt. It is as simple as that.

Unfortunately, you have misssed the boat for Skye Shelter Fund but they will offer a fresh batch of shares early next year.
Re: When Will The Sky Shelter Fund Be Listed On The NSE? by pinokio(m): 4:58pm On Sep 04, 2007
this ssf has still not been listed, any info about when its gona happen? and under what sector will it be listed? or will the price just be given like the ibtc fund unit prices i see in buisness day? just inquisitive sha,
Re: When Will The Sky Shelter Fund Be Listed On The NSE? by atilla(m): 5:05pm On Sep 04, 2007
@Tola 

im so sorry I did not see your reply till now.

There might still be chance to get you sky shelter fund shares. As far as I know we (receiving agents) have two weeks to remit the funds so ican slip your form in there .  Please hold on and let me find out and get back to you.

Ade
Re: When Will The Sky Shelter Fund Be Listed On The NSE? by TerraCotta(m): 3:04pm On Sep 05, 2007
Does anyone know of any other REIT offers like Skye Bank coming up? Also--if you're familiar with a real estate development firm called CityScape, please leave any information you have about their projects. They're working on some part of Tinapa but I believe they also have some projects (and their main office) in Lagos. Any info is a appreciated.
Re: When Will The Sky Shelter Fund Be Listed On The NSE? by TOLABABE1(f): 3:59pm On Sep 10, 2007
thanx for the reply guys,

what do you think of the present IPO;Dangote Flour, is it ok as well, i actualy subscribed for Dangote Sugar but beleive me i haven't gotten my certificate, my stockbroker said our money were sent for oversubscribtion and they are working on it being resubscribed to us or rather swaping it for Dangote Flour.

should i go ahead and buy ANOTHER dANGOTE flour IPO if not i need your adviCe on any lucrative business before taking a wrong steps.

please bail me out GUYS

RASTAFARIAN GUIDE YAH
Re: When Will The Sky Shelter Fund Be Listed On The NSE? by mastro: 4:11pm On Sep 10, 2007
While this post is off topic, "Sky Shelter Fund"

I think you need to go speak to your broker, the excess funds were returned a couple of weeks after the offer closed, also everyone I know has got their Certificates.

Are you 100% that he applied for DanSugar and didn't just chop your money lipsrsealed
Re: When Will The Sky Shelter Fund Be Listed On The NSE? by Crownvilla(m): 11:28am On Sep 11, 2007
@ all

Please see the report below from The Independent online:

Skye Bank Shelter Fund Units For Trading On NSE
Sat, 01 Sep 2007 02:16:00
5 Stars - Excellent4 Stars - Good3 Stars - Average2 Stars - Fair1 Stars - Poor
4 / 5 (1 Votes)

As the ongoing bid by Skye Bank Plc to raise N2 billion for its Skye Shelter Fund enters its fourth week, the fund managers last weekend, stressed that it would be listed for trading on the Nigerian Stock Exchange within three months of its opening. Subscribers to the fund, the first real estate investment trust in the country, according to Mr. Timothy Oguntayo, a deputy general manager and head, investment banking of Skye Bank, would not have to wake as long as public offerings in the banking sub-sector. The desire to list the entire 20 million units of Skye Shelter Fund at N100 each, according to him, is to avail investors an exit window as time goes on. "We expect this offer to be wrapped up in three months from the date of opening of the offer (July 23, 2007), to distribution of certificates to unit holders of the fund," he assured. Yemi Gbenro, an assistant general manager with the bank explained that: "you are free to go to the (floor of the) Nigerian Stock Exchange to (sell your units and) get your money back.

The price is also market determined. The beauty of this fund is that up to 80 per cent of the returns can be distributed to unit holders." Both officials also assured of robust returns on investment for subscribers because of the fund manager’s experience in the mortgage industry, where it has played a major role in estates development.

The bank, before now, they explained further, has financed projected across the country, even as most of the houses have been taken up by high net worth individuals, thereby sign-posting huge interest in real estate. "There is an underlying capital appreciation, as you can see what your found is used to finance physically," Oguntayo added, just as Gbenro explained that the units are trade-able on the NSE like regular equities.

Oguntayo hinted that as a result of the fund manager’s strides in the real estates sector, the fund manager and Shelter Afrique, a Kenya based organization have entered into a multi-million facility to enable individuals purchase properties at an interest rate between 10 and 20 per cent. Also, the International Finance Corporation the private sector arm of the World Bank is currently engaged in a dialogue with the Federal Government on how to harmonise land rules and remove obnoxious portion of the Land Use Act. The IFC is also discussing with governments of various States where land is an issue, the duo added, while real estate developers are being enjoined to use good building materials and skilled man-power, among others.

The Corporation is also engaging financial institutions on the need to harmonise the various requirements for mortgage loans for the benefit of the end users. The N2 billion to be raised from the ongoing offer is the first tranche. There are plans by the promoters to return for the second tranche of N3 billion or more at the beginning of next year.
Re: When Will The Sky Shelter Fund Be Listed On The NSE? by atilla(m): 4:37pm On Jul 01, 2008
Hi

just wondering has anyone received certificate for this offer?
Re: When Will The Sky Shelter Fund Be Listed On The NSE? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jul 02, 2008
Mine was credited to my CSCS account some months ago. But I don't know about the hard copy.

Regards,

Kunlef

(1) (Reply)

How To Go About Investing In Mutual Funds / I Will Show You How I Make Over 60k Monthly Free Of Charge / The Most Lucrative Business You Can Start Now With Zero Capital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.