Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,072 members, 7,821,678 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge (35955 Views)

My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. / Pictures Of A "31-Year-Old" Mother And Her Daughter Got People Talking / My Sister Got Married Without My Knowledge -- Now They Need Me To Mediate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by Elclamour(f): 10:31am On Dec 14, 2022
Leave her be, don't kill yourself over her silly decisions, it her life.
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by casualobserver: 10:31am On Dec 14, 2022
Nothing you can do until she comes to her senses. Just hope and pray she doesn’t do any lasting damage to herself while she has taken leave of her senses

1 Like

Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by nkemoma(m): 10:32am On Dec 14, 2022
Good Dicking
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by Blakjewelry(m): 10:32am On Dec 14, 2022
Wellspringbunny:
Our eldest daughter 22 years old disowned us because we didn't like the man she was dating.

The guy is not Nigerian which is not a problem but he has a bad reputation. He is a Gold digger and gigolo. He has 7 children by 6 women.

People from his country in our community have warned us and told us to tell our daughter to run for her life. We have talked to her to no avail. She left the house and disowned us. She got married yesterday Saturday without our knowledge.

We didn't know that she was getting married. It was my husband that saw the wedding footage on tiktok. He showed me the footage. We are heartbroken. We have lost sleep and appetites, here is nothing we can do to stop her. We don't have her contact nor her address.

She has even stopped talking to her immediate younger sister because she advised her to quit the relationship. She went to her sister's old house she heard them arguing about money. He used her credit card without her consent so my youngest daughter warned and told her to send him packing. She agreed only for her to block her till date, she has changed house. We hope that she will not end up like his other baby mamas.

I need advice from other parents in the house what advice would you give my husband and I? Please note we are not in Nigeria we lives abroad.
Let her be, experience is the best teacher.
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by Robenna(m): 10:33am On Dec 14, 2022
A fly that doesn't hear follows the corpse to the grave

My dear parent

Leave her

Las las, breakfast go reach everybody's hand

And she'll come back doing the prodigal daughter
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by Nnatuu: 10:33am On Dec 14, 2022
Let her be.

Experience teaches better than a million words.

She won't die, she will only learn. Which is critical!

1 Like

Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by missuzoma: 10:34am On Dec 14, 2022
Can your daughter access a lot of your cash? Is she holding a lot of money or property in her name?
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by bekpo(m): 10:34am On Dec 14, 2022
Lukuluku69:

Abroad? There is little you can do. Too much freedom in that clime.

You said she is 22? I just hope that by the time she come to her senses no too much damage is done.

Also, you and your husband should be prepare and open to the fact that sometimes in the future, a damage child is coming back to you.

Then pray a lot. My people say what is good requires prayer (so that it won't go bad) and what is bad requires prayers too in order to turn good.

Prayers is not only for when things are good and rosy. Always pray for your kids. Always.

May your child return to you undamaged.

Ur conclusion though! Is abroad a name of a country? How did u arrive at a conclusion with regards 2 their laws when u dont even know d country the whole thing happened? Or is abroad country exist in ur warped brain?
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by Munamoqel: 10:35am On Dec 14, 2022
Wellspringbunny:
Our eldest daughter 22 years old disowned us because we didn't like the man she was dating.

The guy is not Nigerian which is not a problem but he has a bad reputation. He is a Gold digger and gigolo. He has 7 children by 6 women.

People from his country in our community have warned us and told us to tell our daughter to run for her life. We have talked to her to no avail. She left the house and disowned us. She got married yesterday Saturday without our knowledge.

We didn't know that she was getting married. It was my husband that saw the wedding footage on tiktok. He showed me the footage. We are heartbroken. We have lost sleep and appetites, here is nothing we can do to stop her. We don't have her contact nor her address.

She has even stopped talking to her immediate younger sister because she advised her to quit the relationship. She went to her sister's old house she heard them arguing about money. He used her credit card without her consent so my youngest daughter warned and told her to send him packing. She agreed only for her to block her till date, she has changed house. We hope that she will not end up like his other baby mamas.

I need advice from other parents in the house what advice would you give my husband and I? Please note we are not in Nigeria we lives abroad.
that the fear of raising kids abroad .they easily derail
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by Antoeni(m): 10:36am On Dec 14, 2022
Some Ladies Here Will Still Fall Victims Evem After Reading This write up
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by Dshocker(m): 10:36am On Dec 14, 2022
Wellspringbunny:

Even if i am based abroad, my children will not grow in that society.

Primary and secondary, will be in Nigeria, while their university will be outside.

Truly there is nothing you guys can do, just leave her to learn the hard way.
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by Akinya17: 10:36am On Dec 14, 2022
At this point, there's hardly anything you can do than to wait. She will come back. However, while waiting, you need to take some steps to let her know that you have accepted the situation and you still love her. I think you should send a a congratulatory message on her wedding, let her know you wished you were there as a mother to dance etc. Once in a while, send her prayer messages for protection and prosperity, don't ever discuss the marriage with her. Send her gists, funny stories etc. Please don't discuss her husband even if you hear anything.
By doing these, you are telling her she has a shoulder to cry on without judging her. Don't push her away so that when her eyes clear, she will come back home and not do something rash.

1 Like

Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by Curious345: 10:37am On Dec 14, 2022
Dude dikkk must be as big as mine
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by greggng: 10:37am On Dec 14, 2022
If your daughter disown you ...it doesn't mean you should disown her afterall she is your blood . The best approach is to declare her missing ...report to the police ...The world need to know your daughter is missing ...when the police find the guy...due process will be followed . No responsible man will marry a lady without the parents consent . ..infact the lady is in more danger now cos the man will feel he has nobody and maltraat her any how cos she has no one to run to. Do the needful now ...remember whatever shame she brought will affect your family image

2 Likes

Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by Okhuadams(m): 10:37am On Dec 14, 2022
Wellspringbunny:

Why are you pple worried. By the time she is been dealt with then she will come to her senses if is not too late already if the man is a gold digger restrict her funds since she has already dis-parent you why worry. Is only a stubborn fly that follows a dead body into the grave
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by Lukuluku69(m): 10:39am On Dec 14, 2022
bekpo:

Ur conclusion though! Is abroad a name of a country? How did u arrive at a conclusion with regards 2 their laws when u dont even know d country the whole thing happened? Or is abroad country exist in ur warped brain?

@your last statement though!

Why the need to use such words on someone you hardly know? "Warped brain"? Really really?

Take it easy Boss!

Easy.......

And if you are looking for an Online fight, go look somewhere else.

5 Likes

Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by Latestnewsline: 10:39am On Dec 14, 2022
Watch Highlight of Peter Obi Campaign in Logoja, Kogi State (Vote wisely comes 2023)

Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Puojr1xw4kU
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by jumper524(m): 10:45am On Dec 14, 2022
Wellspringbunny:

rather than wait for her to realise her mistakes, please pray for her to find peace in the marriage.
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by DanAugust2021: 10:46am On Dec 14, 2022
Les:
Not like im blaming you tho but if my daughter chooses another man over me. I have failed as a father! She has no understanding whatsoever what family is all about.

It's not about father-daughter relationship cos it might have existed between ur daughter and your husband, it's about home training! That child wasn't trained well!
If you've stayed abroad, I am very sure you'd not be talking about home training.

1 Like

Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by tctrills: 10:48am On Dec 14, 2022
Kobonaire234:
If this is real, let your daughter go in peace.

She is a full grown adult. If she cannot see things clearly now, she will see it in due time...
These are loving parents who don't want to lose their daughter. For parents, there is no happiness when their child is living in error. Yes, the child would end up in regret but this is not the joy of any parent.

3 Likes

Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by EmmyDJourno: 10:50am On Dec 14, 2022
My elder Sister did us the same, we disapproved of her fiancée not having a job and waiting till he gets his Doctorate degree before he gets one
And they both blanked us after my sister graduated from her Masters in University of Ibadan
She now blanked us when money come plenty sad
Breaks my heart everyday, she was our shining light
I just keep praying for her to come back to us, that’s all

1 Like

Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by Xpoint101: 10:53am On Dec 14, 2022
Wellspringbunny:

Experience is the best teacher, don't be afraid for her. Let her learn her own lesson from experience.
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by pseudonomer: 10:57am On Dec 14, 2022
Les:
Not like im blaming you tho but if my daughter chooses another man over me. I have failed as a father! She has no understanding whatsoever what family is all about.

It's not about father-daughter relationship cos it might have existed between ur daughter and your husband, it's about home training! That child wasn't trained well!

It’s easy to judge like this. Have you tried raising a kid in the west?

1 Like

Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by LaconicINC: 10:57am On Dec 14, 2022
Wellspringbunny:

3 people who are very difficult to advice in life; a man with money
a woman in love
and an African mother following a prophet.

She is an adult, let her make her decisions, she will live with the consequences.
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by CodeTemplar: 11:00am On Dec 14, 2022
Kobonaire234:
If this is real, let your daughter go in peace.

She is a full grown adult. If she cannot see things clearly now, she will see it in due time...
Read before forming mature. Poster needs parents to advise her and not this you baby daddy kind of advise.
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by sterlingD(m): 11:00am On Dec 14, 2022
TenQ:

Give your daughter two years, don't send money and don't call. The gold digger if true would have Japa and your daughter's eye cleared.

For now, there is absolutely NOTHING you can do about her or the situation, so give yourself PEACE!
Since the matter don cast like this watch from the side line at a distance and also always be on guard since the man in question has a criminal past. Meanwhile all of you should tighten up your finances seriously in short lockup your finances if possible declare broke or bankrupt don't let her know your financial status anymore so that the man will not use her to get to any of you and have access to it pretentiously and possibly defraud any one of you because l sense you all are going burdened and it might turn very ugly with blackmail of all sorts
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by ogwumgbe: 11:11am On Dec 14, 2022
Musty112:
Wish her the best. Maybe she'll eventually find out that there is something such as rock bottom, when she hit that, she'll realize that the bottom sef get basement. Life will take its course and she'll return...or not. You got it wrong somewhere while raising her sha or might just be one of the icks of raising a child in an environment such as where you are based.

Fruit of wrong upbringing my dear, if you had soaked her mind with the word of God she would not have behaved the way she did. But it's not too late, if you are not born again, give your life to Christ commit the situation to him, your girl will definitely come back to you since Christ does not support getting married to a polygamous man filled with illegitimate children
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by Nobody: 11:11am On Dec 14, 2022
CodeTemplar:
Read before forming mature. Poster needs parents to advise her and not this you baby daddy kind of advise.

Aye, aye, Captain Blanton.
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by Nobody: 11:12am On Dec 14, 2022
tctrills:

These are loving parents who don't want to lose their daughter. For parents, there is no happiness when their child is living in error. Yes, the child would end up in regret but this is not the joy of any parent.

Indeed, but the problem is, the daughter is an adult. There is nothing much that can be done. At some point, she has to make her own decisions, and if she chooses error....so be it. Mummy and daddy have tried.
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by seanwilliam(m): 11:14am On Dec 14, 2022
Power of sweet gbola cheesy
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by uche393: 11:17am On Dec 14, 2022
it always end up in tears, just like our distant relative. her parents didn't support her, after three years she came back with 2 kids and it's now 2 years her husband never show face nor send shishi. just let her know that she Will be rejected the way she rejected you guys If the expected happens.
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by DMCY: 11:17am On Dec 14, 2022
Wellspringbunny:
Our eldest daughter 22 years old disowned us because we didn't like the man she was dating. .

She’s a grown adult, leave her to learn that thing she wants to learn by force, moreover there’s a reason the adage “experience is the best teacher” exists. You’ve done your best as a loving and caring parent that doesn’t want her daughter to fall victim of the issue on ground but she chose otherwise.

Let’s also have this in our thoughts while judging this situation, what if the guy has changed truly? But I doubt am sha

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Couple, The Azubuikes, Welcome Baby After 14 Years Of Marriage (photos) / Ways You Are Making Life Hard For Yourself / He Raped Me, Now Getting Married To My Best Friend...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.