Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,114 members, 7,828,969 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge (35975 Views)

My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. / Pictures Of A "31-Year-Old" Mother And Her Daughter Got People Talking / My Sister Got Married Without My Knowledge -- Now They Need Me To Mediate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by bigiyaro(m): 1:07pm On Dec 14, 2022
They is nothing you can do for her now, she is already addicted to his big di.ck, it's only pregnancy and hard dumping by the guy that can reset her brain.
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by Isabi4lov: 1:26pm On Dec 14, 2022
Preek dey hungry her ..
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by Slapsticker: 1:41pm On Dec 14, 2022
I fault your daughters parenting.
It takes a damaged child to do what she did.
If your daughter goes to see a therapist today. I bet she would realise most of her baggage is from you-her parents. So own it with your chest.

You brought a kid with a clean slate into this world, you don't get to absolve yourself from what she becomes. Never!

Only when you admit and take ownership of this situation can you productively map a way to getting her back. I recommend you and your husband seek therapy as well. Because it takes damaged people to make damaged people.

N.B: Please don't bring in the conversation that the other kids are not like that. The effect of damage pays out in us all differently.

1 Like

Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by TheNiceGuy(m): 1:52pm On Dec 14, 2022
Involve the police.

You don't marry off someone's daughter without the consent of her parents
Wellspringbunny:

Thank you
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by Octobertwentysix(f): 1:56pm On Dec 14, 2022
Fiscus105:

If ur story is true , I'm very sure she entered the trap because of greediness and mentality of turn man to ATM.

Please read again, understand and then comment or don't type anything.
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by sync(f): 2:11pm On Dec 14, 2022
She will come through with time
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by detectivejones: 2:13pm On Dec 14, 2022
When she find what she's looking for, she'd remember the road that leads home
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by emmatuegbe(m): 2:18pm On Dec 14, 2022
She is under a spell that needs to be broken to bring her back to consciousness. The guy should be arrested for kidnap. Eloping with someone's daughter without their consent leading to marriage is an offence is our clime, but in the western world, it it permissible. She is not in her right senses at the moment
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by tunapawizzy: 2:57pm On Dec 14, 2022
Most likely a time will come she will need someone to run to for love and support, because that man will show his colour. In all you do now, make sure you position yourself as that person she can run to. This means u have to start supporting her now, showing her love, helping her to stay safe and happy in that marriage and making her understand that u wish her all the happiness and that if anything happens u will be her number one fan and u will always have her back. You need to start creating an atmosphere that will make a reunion easy for her because the way you have described the man, a time will surely come ur daughter will realize her mistakes and want a reunion with people that wont judge her
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by petitejolie(f): 3:13pm On Dec 14, 2022
Les:
Not like im blaming you tho but if my daughter chooses another man over me. I have failed as a father! She has no understanding whatsoever what family is all about.

It's not about father-daughter relationship cos it might have existed between ur daughter and your husband, it's about home training! That child wasn't trained well!
that's not true pls.
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by Nobodysboo(m): 3:14pm On Dec 14, 2022
Just dey play
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by tunapawizzy: 3:25pm On Dec 14, 2022
Akinya17:
At this point, there's hardly anything you can do than to wait. She will come back. However, while waiting, you need to take some steps to let her know that you have accepted the situation and you still love her. I think you should send a a congratulatory message on her wedding, let her know you wished you were there as a mother to dance etc. Once in a while, send her prayer messages for protection and prosperity, don't ever discuss the marriage with her. Send her gists, funny stories etc. Please don't discuss her husband even if you hear anything.
By doing these, you are telling her she has a shoulder to cry on without judging her. Don't push her away so that when her eyes clear, she will come back home and not do something rash.
op THIS UP HERE IS THE ADVICE YOU ARE LOOKING FOR any other approach may make things worse
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by fineberry(m): 3:38pm On Dec 14, 2022
Wellspringbunny:
Our eldest daughter 22 years old disowned us because we didn't like the man she was dating.

The guy is not Nigerian which is not a problem but he has a bad reputation. He is a Gold digger and gigolo. He has 7 children by 6 women.

People from his country in our community have warned us and told us to tell our daughter to run for her life. We have talked to her to no avail. She left the house and disowned us. She got married yesterday Saturday without our knowledge.

We didn't know that she was getting married. It was my husband that saw the wedding footage on tiktok. He showed me the footage. We are heartbroken. We have lost sleep and appetites, here is nothing we can do to stop her. We don't have her contact nor her address.

She has even stopped talking to her immediate younger sister because she advised her to quit the relationship. She went to her sister's old house she heard them arguing about money. He used her credit card without her consent so my youngest daughter warned and told her to send him packing. She agreed only for her to block her till date, she has changed house. We hope that she will not end up like his other baby mamas.

I need advice from other parents in the house what advice would you give my husband and I? Please note we are not in Nigeria we lives abroad.
Na fly wey sturbon dey follow dead body enter grave.

Just don't bother yourself about that your daughter mam, she's a perfect example of a prodigal son in the bible, she will later come home a change person I assure you.
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by Fantazy(m): 4:15pm On Dec 14, 2022
If your instinct tells you she's been charmed, try all possible best to get her back to her sense; but if she's not charmed, let her be... When her eyes see shege she will run back
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by Exceed15: 4:55pm On Dec 14, 2022
Aareakinwunmi:
She will find her way to you after getting her hands burnt.

Yet I don't pray something bad happens to her . She will be fine either way.
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by Willie2015: 5:58pm On Dec 14, 2022
Wellspringbunny:
Our eldest daughter 22 years old disowned us because we didn't like the man she was dating.

The guy is not Nigerian which is not a problem but he has a bad reputation. He is a Gold digger and gigolo. He has 7 children by 6 women.

People from his country in our community have warned us and told us to tell our daughter to run for her life. We have talked to her to no avail. She left the house and disowned us. She got married yesterday Saturday without our knowledge.

We didn't know that she was getting married. It was my husband that saw the wedding footage on tiktok. He showed me the footage. We are heartbroken. We have lost sleep and appetites, here is nothing we can do to stop her. We don't have her contact nor her address.

She has even stopped talking to her immediate younger sister because she advised her to quit the relationship. She went to her sister's old house she heard them arguing about money. He used her credit card without her consent so my youngest daughter warned and told her to send him packing. She agreed only for her to block her till date, she has changed house. We hope that she will not end up like his other baby mamas.

I need advice from other parents in the house what advice would you give my husband and I? Please note we are not in Nigeria we lives abroad.

Don't you have elders in the village ?

It will take some kolanut and a bottle of Schnapps..

Your daughter will come back home within 24 hrs...

D guy will relocate to another state without picking his bag.
Pls fight for her and dont leave anything to chance..
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by ello29(m): 6:46pm On Dec 14, 2022
Wellspringbunny:

since she is legal married there is nothing you can do now. All you can do is to allow her take responsibility of her actions
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by Chirowman(m): 8:08pm On Dec 14, 2022
Experience is the best teacher, her eyes will soon clear . And had I known will set in , putting her up with huge responsibilities.
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by zigzagluv: 8:21pm On Dec 14, 2022
From which country
Wellspringbunny:

Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by Nobody: 7:20am On Dec 15, 2022
I believe this could have been avoided if she was partly brought up in Nigeria. I believe the 'woke' society spoilt her a lot. She had too much 'right' than she handle.

We're taught in church to avoid marrying anyone that doesn't have someone in their life they 'fear', someone they hold in very high esteem that you report them to when they misbehave. And neither should we ourselves ever lack such figures in our lives too, which is a sign of humility.

If your daughter has a pastor, mentor or maybe senior friend that she listens to, then take her case to them. But never relent in prayers for your daughter. God can deliver her before it's late
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by yewawa: 7:26am On Dec 15, 2022
If your story is true!.....,you should have spilt them with prayer.You can still do this before it is too late.Pray in every way that will bring result for you and understanding to your daughter....This is where parents of nowadays makes a lot of mistakes.i will not talk too much parents ,but if you love your children pray for them christianwise,muslimwise and traditionalwise for a better tomorrow....Ti Ara mi ni mo ro debe o...
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by iamL(f): 8:04am On Dec 15, 2022
Nollywood script and people still fell for it.
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by Obiorahpcfg: 8:12am On Dec 15, 2022
Both of should find your peace that's all. She is under spiritual manipulation dt will clear her eyes once the man is done wt her. Don't worry, she definitely come back.
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by charlizonto: 11:16am On Dec 15, 2022
Pls read the story of the prodigal son in the bible

Use it and get inspired from it..if e no work Allah make u call me aboki grin
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by ALFADOS(m): 5:10pm On Dec 15, 2022
Wellspringbunny:

following

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ways You Are Making Life Hard For Yourself / He Raped Me, Now Getting Married To My Best Friend... / Is It A Wise Idea To Sue My Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.