Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,403 members, 7,812,185 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:44 AM

Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge (35920 Views)

My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. / Pictures Of A "31-Year-Old" Mother And Her Daughter Got People Talking / My Sister Got Married Without My Knowledge -- Now They Need Me To Mediate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by FavouredNK: 11:20am On Dec 14, 2022
Wellspringbunny:
Our eldest daughter 22 years old disowned us because we didn't like the man she was dating.

The guy is not Nigerian which is not a problem but he has a bad reputation. He is a Gold digger and gigolo. He has 7 children by 6 women.

People from his country in our community have warned us and told us to tell our daughter to run for her life. We have talked to her to no avail. She left the house and disowned us. She got married yesterday Saturday without our knowledge.

We didn't know that she was getting married. It was my husband that saw the wedding footage on tiktok. He showed me the footage. We are heartbroken. We have lost sleep and appetites, here is nothing we can do to stop her. We don't have her contact nor her address.

She has even stopped talking to her immediate younger sister because she advised her to quit the relationship. She went to her sister's old house she heard them arguing about money. He used her credit card without her consent so my youngest daughter warned and told her to send him packing. She agreed only for her to block her till date, she has changed house. We hope that she will not end up like his other baby mamas.

I need advice from other parents in the house what advice would you give my husband and I? Please note we are not in Nigeria we lives abroad.

I actually think that there's not much that you and your hubby can do now being that she has married the man already and in a foreign country where she seems to be fully at liberty to do whatever she likes. All that is left for you as parents who can never stop loving your child irrespective of her mistakes to do now is prayers. Keep praying for her to come to her senses before it gets really late. You can't change much now but God can if you put your trust in him, just don't give up on her as our duty as parents cannot be selective. I pray God gives you the wisdom and strength to pull thru this and have victory at the end.

1 Like

Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by ekerintee: 11:24am On Dec 14, 2022
the best u can do is to pray for her and wish her well.Focus on the other children since she is the eldest daughter.Things like this happen when there is problem with parenting.I am not blaming u, i leave abroad and see alot of things children do at young age,some smoke even as early as 12.U need to closely monitor your kids,pray and teach them about lifee b4 they get to age of 18.once they cross 18, they are adults and nothing can be done again if you are abroad.Responsible white men and ladies dont marry in their early twenties, the early twenties they use to buold their career and education.Marriage come after they are sucessful careerwise,these people understand that its big work raising kids abroad and only have kids when they are ready financially and morally and all areas.So we as blacks dont understand this ,we spend most time working,little time for kids, we dont teach them about life,we are strict with kids without teaching them about the basics about life.If a child likes her family ,she wouldnt even want to leave home,so there is problem at home .Check what is wrong at home,so that the other kids dont do thesame ,show them love that no one can give them outside,dont be too strict ,be moderate when correcting ,sometime africans are to strict and shout at kids, these kids look forward to 18 when they can become free and run away from home.She came abroad at 15 and became spoilt in less than 7 years.When you notice this behaviour , u shud have cautioned her or send her back before she got to 18.Nothing can be done now,i must say some african parent raise good kids abroad too.All depends on the parent.I wish u well in bringing up the other kids,i am not blaming u,a child who wants to be bad will be bad no matter how you train him or her.Leave her,she will learn from life and come back .Marriage is not for immature kids,it involves responsibility.Infact, most white folks dont marry again ,cohabit and do baby mama things.When u have kids, ur career slows down, your attention is divided,your income is divided .Responsible people dont rush into marriage without thinking.

Wellspringbunny:
Our eldest daughter 22 years old disowned us because we didn't like the man she was dating.

The guy is not Nigerian which is not a problem but he has a bad reputation. He is a Gold digger and gigolo. He has 7 children by 6 women.

People from his country in our community have warned us and told us to tell our daughter to run for her life. We have talked to her to no avail. She left the house and disowned us. She got married yesterday Saturday without our knowledge.

We didn't know that she was getting married. It was my husband that saw the wedding footage on tiktok. He showed me the footage. We are heartbroken. We have lost sleep and appetites, here is nothing we can do to stop her. We don't have her contact nor her address.

She has even stopped talking to her immediate younger sister because she advised her to quit the relationship. She went to her sister's old house she heard them arguing about money. He used her credit card without her consent so my youngest daughter warned and told her to send him packing. She agreed only for her to block her till date, she has changed house. We hope that she will not end up like his other baby mamas.

I need advice from other parents in the house what advice would you give my husband and I? Please note we are not in Nigeria we lives abroad.

1 Like

Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by thuxzwda1: 11:25am On Dec 14, 2022
Houseofglam7:

Some of life’s lessons are better learnt first hand.

cool

1 Like

Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by vickydevoka(m): 11:26am On Dec 14, 2022
Wellspringbunny:

Africa!! How can u deprive her of her happiness. Allow her to learn from her mistakes. Oyibo de marry anywhere
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by ChiefS(m): 11:28am On Dec 14, 2022
Some girls don't have brain especially when they are infatuated.

Wellspringbunny:

Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by jaxxy(m): 11:28am On Dec 14, 2022
Wellspringbunny:

If hes golddigger them does ur daughter have money to throw around? if YES how? is she working or getting it from u?

If she working then she's an adult and u can only advise her and love her regardless.

Bt if u are funding her then cut her off from her money snd the guy will automatically dissappear.

She's an adult so u have to be smart about it.
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by fasa199(m): 11:29am On Dec 14, 2022
Are you praying for your daughter to be treated badly? What if he is different towards your daughter? Did anyone make a choice of husband for you?

Allow her make her decisions and let her face whatever consequences good or bad that comes out of the decisions she has made.
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by Cutehector(m): 11:36am On Dec 14, 2022
Acrimony part 2
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by ZooOga: 11:37am On Dec 14, 2022
Omotakins:
If this is true, it seems to be some sort of bewitchment!

Very close assessment. The young woman is under his spell like his other conquests.

Dickmatized
Song by Jada Kingdom
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by Gospel2Day: 11:43am On Dec 14, 2022
Les:
Not like im blaming you tho but if my daughter chooses another man over me. I have failed as a father! She has no understanding whatsoever what family is all about.

It's not about father-daughter relationship cos it might have existed between ur daughter and your husband, it's about home training! That child wasn't trained well!

You don't have much experience about life and raising children.
Some well-trained children turn out bad and go rogue.
Stop being judgemental when you don't know the family in question well enough.
The easiest, laziest thing to do is to apportion blame to someone when things go wrong
Life doesn't always work like that.
Just encourage the grieving parents, and don't add to their sorrow by hastily and cruelly concluding that it's because they didn't raise her well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by damoobaba: 11:45am On Dec 14, 2022
Wellspringbunny:

Love is BLIND but marriage will open her eyes and brains. There's no advise you'll give a lady that just started having sex. Dem fit kill you.
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by grandstar(m): 12:06pm On Dec 14, 2022
Wellspringbunny

"It is the obstinate fly that follows the corpse into the grave", is a popular Nigerian saying.

She will sooner than not come to her senses. There's no need to fret, only she will be an additional baby mama. Take her back. Let her know the door is open.

If you're sure she's learnt her lesson, assist her in moving forward.
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by pagorino(m): 12:08pm On Dec 14, 2022
Wellspringbunny:

sope oti lo grin
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by eenai(m): 12:13pm On Dec 14, 2022
Waiting to hear her story of woes and regret. cos it is inevitable
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by SKIBiNSKI(m): 12:14pm On Dec 14, 2022
she is 22 years old, that means she a grown ass adult who can do whatever she wants with her life. So leave her da fork alone!
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by tctrills: 12:15pm On Dec 14, 2022
Kobonaire234:

Indeed, but the problem is, the daughter is an adult. There is nothing much that can be done. At some point, she has to make her own decisions, and if she chooses error....so be it. Mummy and daddy have tried.
Well you are right.
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by SKIBiNSKI(m): 12:15pm On Dec 14, 2022
eenai:
Waiting to hear her story of woes and regret. cos it is inevitable
Yea, so you wish, grin grin grin everyone will no be a failure like you.
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by Dafemsunky: 12:19pm On Dec 14, 2022
Don't worry urself....just give her little time,na she go find u.....
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by gbigbega: 12:25pm On Dec 14, 2022
Let her go physically but not spiritually. I mean keep praying for her. Some people are not built to learn by advice but by experience. No matter the amount of advice you give, or threat you make, they will still do whatever they desire to do. However, experience alway reset their brain. Your daughter is one of such. Again, some men are very compelling and convinsing and if this guy has done same to 6 woment, then know she is under a very strong control. At this stage, all you can do is pray for her, try to locate where she lives but dont go disturbing her or you will strenghten her resolve not to leave him. Let them alone, let her learn and watch from afar prayerfully, when you see she had learnt enough, stretch out your hand of love to her again. This is the story of the Prodical son in the bible. Dont blame her, she is a victim. Experienc will bring her around or your fervent prayer will do it sooner.
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 14, 2022
Wellspringbunny:

So sad such man wasn't the kind of in-law you wished for your family.

But on the other hand, you leave abroad, a place where moral values had shrinked to -100 especially America.

A man with 7 children from 6 women is really weird to me and I think no woman would want to settle with such man except he is a billion dollar man or such a man might be the ladies type on BED (this might be the charm you are thinking of).

Just keep praying hard for her to survive it especially if the man is a gigolo like you rightly pointed out.

Gigolos can blow the brain of women out of proportion!
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by Humble432: 12:36pm On Dec 14, 2022
Fiscus105:

If ur story is true , I'm very sure she entered the trap because of greediness and mentality of turn man to ATM.

I am not sure you understand the post. Try to read with understanding before making a comment.
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by godofuck231: 12:37pm On Dec 14, 2022
Wellspringbunny:

where is your husbands family
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by DarkJeddi(m): 12:38pm On Dec 14, 2022
Fiscus105:

If ur story is true , I'm very sure she entered the trap because of greediness and mentality of turn man to ATM.
Did you bother to read,before you came up this? sad
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by WantsandMore: 12:40pm On Dec 14, 2022
Wellspringbunny:

Right now, tell your hubby too, kneel down & pray, pray to God that whatever path she has chosen thus far should lead her towards him, his grace, his favour, his Devine mercy & most of all that path should lead her to a beautiful end. It's no longer in your place to do anything, than to pray, perhaps like the prodigal son, life will eventually humble her & she'll see the wisdom in all you have both tried to instill in her, for now pray & hope for the best even though you expect the worst.
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by DarkJeddi(m): 12:43pm On Dec 14, 2022
ogwumgbe:

Fruit of wrong upbringing my dear, if you had soaked her mind with the word of God she would not have behaved the way she did. But it's not too late, if you are not born again, give your life to Christ commit the situation to him, your girl will definitely come back to you since Christ does not support getting married to a polygamous man filled with illegitimate children
Mr Word of God..
Guess Pastor's children no dey misbehave?
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by HRprof: 12:51pm On Dec 14, 2022
Fiscus105:

Read again !!! In this case The man turned her to ATM grin
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by Smartjob1(f): 12:52pm On Dec 14, 2022
As difficult as this may be, you and your husband should just let her be. If she is lucky enough, she will realize herself before it is too late. There is a relative of mine who just decided to go live with a man. She claims she is old enough to take care of herself. We left her alone. 3 months down the line, she called that she needed urgent help. What happened? She is pregnant and tried aborting it herself. Complications came up that needed urgent medical attention. If she were not going to die, we would have left her alone to sort herself out. But then, we came to her rescue but warned her seriously to keep away from calling. If she has anything to do, she is old enough to do it herself. She is 23. I just wonder how the morons think they are old enough to sort themselves out when they have the opportunity to start life on a better pedestal.
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by Fiscus105(m): 12:56pm On Dec 14, 2022
Humble432:

I am not sure you understand the post. Try to read with understanding before making a comment.

It's u that seems not to understand English.......she has mentality of turn him to ATM before she herself entered trap (become ATM).

You guys u learn how to interpret mentioned correctly and not what u think.

Go and search the word mentality in dictionary.
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by SeeItSayIt: 12:58pm On Dec 14, 2022
There's no much to advie, just allow her face the consequences of her actions else she'll never take you people serious nor appreciate your efforts.

Also, you can't kill yourselves for her to live better. Your other children needs you too, pls.

Provided your conscience justifies your efforts as her family, don't bother yourselves anymore but accept her return, when she realized herself.

Note: Prayer is the Key. You all should endeavour to keep praying for her....
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by aAK1(m): 1:00pm On Dec 14, 2022
Hope she makes it out alive
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by baralatie(m): 1:01pm On Dec 14, 2022
Reminds me of a case in the us where a Latino family allegedly kidnapped a young lady who went with her Latino boyfriend.the parents begged the girl,went to the cops to get her.at the end she went to live with the man and got married......(all the way across Mexico border).
The other case was the daughter of a pastor that reported the pastor to the police because she was bedding and wanted to marry a hardcore niga(with every record you can think of).

Well the pastor was bailed out the police cell and left the daughter.omo when the problem started between the daughter and the man.it was aweful.it was members of the church that came to her aid because shame could not let her call her father and mother o.

The lady that ran to Mexico grab her three kids in the night and crossed back into the United States after reality opened her eyes. The battle of child custody was hot.it is an experience she regretted painfully but she prevailed in the end.but she would never advise any woman to try her route again.
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by baralatie(m): 1:02pm On Dec 14, 2022
Prayer is the key

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Woman Gives Birth To 3 German Shepherd Puppies In Western Cape, South Africa. / Thank You All.. / Nigerian Couple, The Azubuikes, Welcome Baby After 14 Years Of Marriage (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.