Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,582 members, 7,812,903 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? (57251 Views)

He Cooked A Colored Chicken Stew. / What's The Difference Between Coca-cola And Pepsi And Which Do You Prefer? / Man Shows Off The Green Fried Rice A Lady Prepared For Xmas (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by BabaCommander: 5:24pm On Dec 11, 2022
Green apple is unripe, and red apple is ripe cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by PrettyBolu(f): 5:24pm On Dec 11, 2022
pocohantas:
I HATE APPLE.

I HATE APPLE.

I HATE APPLE.

I HATE APPLE.

I HATE RED APPLE.

I HATE GREEN APPLE.

The only apple I love is PINE-APPLE.

Once again, I HATE APPLE.

No wonder you are toxic

3 Likes

Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by mrkings84(m): 5:24pm On Dec 11, 2022
Ah, thats simple na,

The difference is the color and the color is the difference. grin

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by FashionCookie(f): 5:24pm On Dec 11, 2022
The red one was given to Eve by the Devil...D green one was given to Abacha.
#Copied#

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by Truvelisback(m): 5:24pm On Dec 11, 2022
obembet:
Dear Nairalanders, I am always wondering the difference between these two apples and why the price is different.

I believe we have a good experts when it comes to fruits and food on nairaland. Kindly educate us.

what’s the difference between the red colored apple and green colored apple?
The Color is the difference.

1 Like

Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by Mekanus(m): 5:25pm On Dec 11, 2022
Red apple just has more concentration of the flavonoid, anthocyanin, which is the pigment that gives it it's red colour. In terms of other nutrients, they're the same.

4 Likes

Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by okomile(f): 5:25pm On Dec 11, 2022
Who go buy for us nah grin

3 Likes

Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by thuxzwda1: 5:25pm On Dec 11, 2022
Kingnelson9:

You tried but I am not satisfied with this answer...

Oya......mark nd score the guy nah
Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by pocohantas(f): 5:25pm On Dec 11, 2022
PrettyBolu:

No wonder you are toxic

Na your mama dey toxic.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by Starz825(m): 5:26pm On Dec 11, 2022
I talk am
I say na obembet threadgrin

1 Like

Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by RestructureNig3: 5:26pm On Dec 11, 2022
These apples do not grow in Nigerian soil

1 Like

Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 11, 2022
The red is sweeter.
In terms of nutritional value, I think the red still pretty much beats the greed as its packed with more antioxidants/vitamins and doesn't photosynthesize easily like the green one due to the richness in color.

Looks more appealing.

1 Like

Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by seanery: 5:26pm On Dec 11, 2022
Sigh
Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by dahmie2013: 5:26pm On Dec 11, 2022
Jennyclay:
Go and ask those people who sells fruit. They prefer to sell the green apple than the red apple. Green apple can stay in your shop for a month or two without getting spoilt but you see red apple, if not sold before 1 or 2 weeks, you will run loss in your friut business. No matter how you refrigerate red apple it easily get spoilt. Green apple don't even need refrigerator.

Green apple is good for eating sake and I will recommend green apple for diabetes patients than the red apple because of its sweetness. But for juice sake, red apple is bae.
Why dignify him with a response? He couldn't provide an answer, but claims not to be satisfied. Let him do his own research. Trash... Anyways, your answer is correct. I made those observations also.

7 Likes

Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by PrettyBolu(f): 5:27pm On Dec 11, 2022
HENRY648:
the difference between the red and green apple is that the red one was the one eating by Adam and Eve why the green one is the normal one we eat.

You were there to see that it is the red apple? Do you know there are many colours of apples. There is even a black apple

1 Like

Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by OllyDiamond: 5:27pm On Dec 11, 2022
Jennyclay:
Red apple is very sweet, most of these apple juice is made with red apple and not green apple because of its sweetness. Red apple skin is very light and easy to bite and shew. But one disadvantage about Red apple is that it easily get spoilt regardless of how you try to preserve it.
Green apple on the other hand, it have a very thick skin, if preserved well or not it barely get spoilt, Green apple is sweet but not as sweet as red apple.

In addition this this, the presence of anthocyanin is what causes the red pigmentation in apple while the green colour is as a result of chlorophyll.

Moreover, Red apple and green apple have same nutritional content but red apple has it more, that's why I said red apple is good for apple juice than green apple. They both contain vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin C, vitamin E and vitamin K. Red apple also contains more iron, potassium and protein than green apple. But they have no different nutritional content, it's just that red apple has it more.
Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by PrettyBolu(f): 5:27pm On Dec 11, 2022
pocohantas:

Na your mama dey toxic.

Hahahaha. You just proved me right

6 Likes

Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by BigCowHornn: 5:28pm On Dec 11, 2022
obembet:

Intelligent people dey nairaland

Nlfpmod

What if I told you he is only 80 percent right and even missed something entirely.

grin

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Dec 11, 2022
pocohantas:

Na your mama dey toxic.
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by pocohantas(f): 5:28pm On Dec 11, 2022
PrettyBolu:

Hahahaha. You just proved me right

You must be very deluded to think I have a job of proving you wrong. Do you want me to repeat it?

Persephone1:
grin grin grin

See the werey’s comment above. grin

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by kingyakos: 5:28pm On Dec 11, 2022
Na the red Apple Eve been give Adam
Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 11, 2022
Green coloured apple has got this bitter taste and it's a bit hard, while a red apple is sweet and mushy.
obembet:
Dear Nairalanders, I am always wondering the difference between these two apples and why the price is different.

I believe we have a good experts when it comes to fruits and food on nairaland. Kindly educate us.

what’s the difference between the red colored apple and green colored apple?

3 Likes

Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by OllyDiamond: 5:29pm On Dec 11, 2022
Apart from the response given above, the red skin color is as a result of the presence of anthocyanin while the green skin color is as a result of chlorophyll.

1 Like

Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by Kingabia1998(m): 5:29pm On Dec 11, 2022
Here to learn
Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by shortgun(m): 5:30pm On Dec 11, 2022
Kingnelson9:

Was she did is called circumlocution....using many words to say nothing, being evasive and vague
Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by BadEnglish(m): 5:31pm On Dec 11, 2022
JASONjnr:
I don't even know...

What I know is that, I buy them mixed red and green....much, use my juice extractor and extract the juice and ferment it and have a wine out of it....

I've done the apple wine and the pineapple wine and they're nice and without chemicals....

Kindly run me through the process if you don't mind. Thanks

1 Like

Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by romunu(m): 5:31pm On Dec 11, 2022
The red one that Eve gave to Adam, sweeter than the green.
Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by Geominer: 5:32pm On Dec 11, 2022
pocohantas:
I HATE APPLE.
I HATE APPLE.
I HATE APPLE.
I HATE APPLE.
I HATE RED APPLE.
I HATE GREEN APPLE.
The only apple I love is PINE-APPLE.
Once again, I HATE APPLE.
But u love bananas.

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by DearGorgeous(f): 5:33pm On Dec 11, 2022
Jennyclay:
Go and ask those people who sells fruit. They prefer to sell the green apple than the red apple. Green apple can stay in your shop for a month or two without getting spoilt but you see red apple, if not sold before 1 or 2 weeks, you will run loss in your friut business. No matter how you refrigerate red apple it easily get spoilt. Green apple don't even need refrigerator.

Green apple is good for eating sake and I will recommend green apple for diabetes patients than the red apple because of its sweetness. But for juice sake, red apple is bae.

You're right about green apple lasting longer than the red apple. I think it's because green apple is preserved with candle wax. That's why we're advised to always peel off its back before eating in other to avoid any health issues associated with consuming candle wax. But na who get time for that kind time wasting venture? cheesy. Once I cover it with the blood of Jesus, off I go, jare.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by Princess80(f): 5:33pm On Dec 11, 2022
Kingnelson9:

Red apple is a tropical fruit, grown mostly in Africa.

Green apple is a temperate fruit that is only grown in temperate regions
Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by Jessyjeff: 5:34pm On Dec 11, 2022
Instead of green or red apples, one should rather look for contents of different species of apple. There are green apples like Golden Delicious and Grana Smith; red apples like Elster, Jona Gold, Idar Red, Rubinette, Boskop, Gala, etc
Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by Bmaster(m): 5:34pm On Dec 11, 2022
Red Apples are for the Africans(blacks)
Whilst green apples are for the foreigners A.k.a{whites)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

(PHOTO) If You Havent Take This Before, Then You Need Deliverance / See What I Bought For Just Fifty Thousand Naira(photo) / Big Balls Bush Meat Caught Inside My Old Grandma Car Engine(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.