Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:32 AM

What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? (57255 Views)

He Cooked A Colored Chicken Stew. / What's The Difference Between Coca-cola And Pepsi And Which Do You Prefer? / Man Shows Off The Green Fried Rice A Lady Prepared For Xmas (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by concho(m): 6:09pm On Dec 11, 2022
Kingnelson9:

You tried but I am not satisfied with this answer...
may I never meet supervisor like you
Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by Amumaigwe: 6:09pm On Dec 11, 2022
obembet:
Dear Nairalanders, I am always wondering the difference between these two apples and why the price is different.

I believe we have a good experts when it comes to fruits and food on nairaland. Kindly educate us.

what’s the difference between the red colored apple and green colored apple?

Red paint na.
Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by Illegal1(m): 6:09pm On Dec 11, 2022
Wats the diff btw red oris and white oris?
Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by kals4luv990(m): 6:11pm On Dec 11, 2022
UNDFTD:
A green apple is sour in taste and has thick skin, which makes it crispier. Green apple is a better source of vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin C, vitamin E, and vitamin K than red apple. Also, green apple contains more Iron, Potassium, and Protein than red apple. A Green apple may contain slightly more fiber and less carbohydrates and sugar than red apples.

The taste of a red apple is sweet and juicy when eaten raw. The appearance of the fruit is hard but the skin or the peel of it is thin, juicy, and red. The skin color or the peel [/b]of the fruit is because of the presence of special pigments called [b]anthocyanin. The nutritional content or value of a red apple is low. But the presence of sugar content is higher in the red apples including, the high punch source of antioxidants.

Since there are mostly only minor differences in nutrition, there aren’t many health benefits of green apples that red apples can’t replicate. Here are the main health benefits of both red and green apples:
1. Aids digestion: Filled with fiber, apples give relief in constipation and other gut issues. A compound called pectin, found in apples, is known to promote the growth of healthy bacteria in the gut. Therefore, to keep your digestive system healthy, you should consume either red or green apples regularly.

2. Good for weight loss: Apples are high in fiber and water, two qualities that make them filling. An increasing feeling of fullness works as a weight-loss strategy, as it helps manage your appetite. This, in turn, might lead you to reduce your energy intake.

3. Improves lung and liver health: Antioxidant-rich apples may help protect your lungs from oxidative damage. An excess of harmful molecules called free radicals can cause oxidative damage. This may lead to inflammatory and allergenic responses in your body. Apple skin is rich in the antioxidant quercetin, which can help regulate your immune system and reduce inflammation.

Green apple vs red apple: which one is healthier?
When it comes to green vs. red apples, it is a tough call, as both apples contain their own nutritional benefits. They have a few small differences but are more similar than they are different when it comes to nutrition. If you want to include more antioxidants in your diet, then red apples must be your preference. Again, the difference is small. Apples are rich in antioxidants, pectin, quercetin, and flavonoids to protect our cells from oxidative damage. They are particularly good for heart, bowel, and liver health and make an easy-to-carry, tasty snack...great with peanut butter. Yummy!
this one just go do copy and paste ni..yu no even do research but well done all thesame
Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by phemmyfour: 6:11pm On Dec 11, 2022
Naturalgbola:
oya na
Portugal vs Nigeria
Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by DSC7: 6:12pm On Dec 11, 2022
Gourdoinc:
Lol. Wonder the planet people like you are from. I also know someone who could throw up at the taste of apple. Wetin apple do una

Na apple make us dey wear clothes...
Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by jaksmillioniar: 6:14pm On Dec 11, 2022
obembet:
Dear Nairalanders, I am always wondering the difference between these two apples and why the price is different.

I believe we have a good experts when it comes to fruits and food on nairaland. Kindly educate us.

what’s the difference between the red colored apple and green colored apple?
de red one is sweeter I think is imported from oyibo . D green one sometimes is not dat sweet
Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by habbey99(m): 6:15pm On Dec 11, 2022
Jennyclay:
Red apple is very sweet, most of these apple juice is made with red apple and not green apple because of its sweetness. Red apple skin is very light and easy to bite and shew. But one disadvantage about Red apple is that it easily get spoilt regardless of how you try to preserve it.
Green apple on the other hand, it have a very thick skin, if preserved well or not it barely get spoilt, Green apple is sweet but not as sweet as red apple.

Moreover, Red apple and green apple have same nutritional content but red apple has it more, that's why I said red apple is good for apple juice than green apple. They both contain vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin C, vitamin E and vitamin K. Red apple also contains more iron, potassium and protein than green apple. But they have no different nutritional content, it's just that red apple has it more.

Thank u
Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by Veezy4u(m): 6:15pm On Dec 11, 2022
undecided
Kingnelson9:

You tried but I am not satisfied with this answer...
Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by Tonytonex(m): 6:16pm On Dec 11, 2022
okomile:
Who go buy for us nah grin
una too like Apple. See how f full this thread.

1 Like

Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by Feministolash(m): 6:16pm On Dec 11, 2022
The difference between Red and Green Apple is that one is a fruit of knowledge of good while one is a fruit of knowledge of evil
Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by chikason22(m): 6:19pm On Dec 11, 2022
pocohantas:
I HATE APPLE.

I HATE APPLE.

I HATE APPLE.

I HATE APPLE.

I HATE RED APPLE.

I HATE GREEN APPLE.

The only apple I love is PINE-APPLE.

Once again, I HATE APPLE.

So much hate. You hate men you all hate Apple. Na WA oo
Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by Chochovini: 6:19pm On Dec 11, 2022
One red Apple a day, keeps the Doctor away.
Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by TheKingsmann(m): 6:20pm On Dec 11, 2022
Jennyclay:
Red apple is very sweet, most of these apple juice is made with red apple and not green apple because of its sweetness. Red apple skin is very light and easy to bite and shew. But one disadvantage about Red apple is that it easily get spoilt regardless of how you try to preserve it.
Green apple on the other hand, it have a very thick skin, if preserved well or not it barely get spoilt, Green apple is sweet but not as sweet as red apple.

Moreover, Red apple and green apple have same nutritional content but red apple has it more, that's why I said red apple is good for apple juice than green apple. They both contain vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin C, vitamin E and vitamin K. Red apple also contains more iron, potassium and protein than green apple. But they have no different nutritional content, it's just that red apple has it more.
The first time you made sense in your life, *applauds*.
Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by Excel70: 6:21pm On Dec 11, 2022
JASONjnr:
I don't even know...

What I know is that, I buy them mixed red and green....much, use my juice extractor and extract the juice and ferment it and have a wine out of it....

I've done the apple wine and the pineapple wine and they're nice and without chemicals....
Do you sell them?
Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by Kingnelson9: 6:22pm On Dec 11, 2022
Jennyclay:
Go and ask those people who sells fruit. They prefer to sell the green apple than the red apple. Green apple can stay in your shop for a month or two without getting spoilt but you see red apple, if not sold before 1 or 2 weeks, you will run loss in your friut business. No matter how you refrigerate red apple it easily get spoilt. Green apple don't even need refrigerator.

I'm still not convinced

Green apple is good for eating sake and I will recommend green apple for diabetes patients than the red apple because of its sweetness. But for juice sake, red apple is bae.
Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by TheKingsmann(m): 6:22pm On Dec 11, 2022
pocohantas:
I HATE APPLE.

I HATE APPLE.

I HATE APPLE.

I HATE APPLE.

I HATE RED APPLE.

I HATE GREEN APPLE.

You haven't stopped this chronic attention seeking of yours? wow. undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by djkirkoo2(m): 6:23pm On Dec 11, 2022
They are just two different species of apple. The Green apples are sour in taste and have thick skin, which make them crispier. While The Red apples, on the other hand are sweet, juicy and have thin skin.
Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by pocohantas(f): 6:24pm On Dec 11, 2022
TheKingsmann:
You haven't stopped this chronic attention seeking of yours? wow. undecided undecided

Mugu. You wey no dey seek attention, deactivate your account na.

1 Like

Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by HitRun(m): 6:24pm On Dec 11, 2022
Jennyclay:

Hehehe. Not everything you said is correct ma’am
Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by Searchingvictor: 6:25pm On Dec 11, 2022
Jennyclay:

U dissect well. Applaudise

If you are still single, send me your digit for my mail

1 Like

Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by latolz: 6:25pm On Dec 11, 2022
RED IS DANGER

GREEN IS EVE
Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by faithfull18(f): 6:27pm On Dec 11, 2022
No difference really.
Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by FavouredNK: 6:29pm On Dec 11, 2022
Jennyclay:

Red apple has more nutritional value that the green apple
Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by ediko5(m): 6:30pm On Dec 11, 2022
pocohantas:

Na your mama dey toxic.

Poco so you bad mouth like this?
Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by LadyExcellency: 6:31pm On Dec 11, 2022
Jennyclay:
Go and ask those people who sells fruit. They prefer to sell the green apple than the red apple. Green apple can stay in your shop for a month or two without getting spoilt but you see red apple, if not sold before 1 or 2 weeks, you will run loss in your friut business. No matter how you refrigerate red apple it easily get spoilt. Green apple don't even need refrigerator.

Green apple is good for eating sake and I will recommend green apple for diabetes patients than the red [apple because of its sweetness. But for juice sake, red apple is bae.

I fear all these unfortunate biologists. When has sweetness become same thing with sugar.

Please for clarity sake, we have bitter sugar. Still dangerous to diabetes patients notwithstanding being bitter.

1 Like

Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by Siirjoe(m): 6:31pm On Dec 11, 2022
the Colour
Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by pocohantas(f): 6:31pm On Dec 11, 2022
ediko5:

Poco so you bad mouth like this?

All these Nlders dey mad. Na them dey quote me with nonsense, na them go still come up with useless accusations.
Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by Enemyofpeace: 6:37pm On Dec 11, 2022
The red colored apple was the one the devil gave to Eve in the garden of Eden, while the green colored apple was the one Adam later discovered by himself
Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by Aurelius1(m): 6:39pm On Dec 11, 2022
JASONjnr:
I don't even know...

What I know is that, I buy them mixed red and green....much, use my juice extractor and extract the juice and ferment it and have a wine out of it....

I've done the apple wine and the pineapple wine and they're nice and without chemicals....
Do you usually blend the apple before fermenting?
Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by ubev01(m): 6:40pm On Dec 11, 2022
There is more to apple than just red and green. Infact there are about 8000 varieties of Apple today. Some are green, red, pink, red and green, white, black, purple, other mixed colour etc. Most apples have similar nutritional content with differences in their shape, taste, size, season etc.
Some popular Apple varieties in the market includes, granny smith, pink lady, anna, red delicious, golden delicious, wambugu etc.
Re: What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Dec 11, 2022
pocohantas:
I HATE APPLE.

I HATE APPLE.

I HATE APPLE.

I HATE APPLE.

I HATE RED APPLE.

I HATE GREEN APPLE.

Are you high on something; cool off...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

(PHOTO) If You Havent Take This Before, Then You Need Deliverance / See What I Bought For Just Fifty Thousand Naira(photo) / Big Balls Bush Meat Caught Inside My Old Grandma Car Engine(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.