Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:53 AM

How I Wasted Million Naira Plus Hiring Writers On Nairaland - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How I Wasted Million Naira Plus Hiring Writers On Nairaland (3489 Views)

What App Can I Build - With One Million Naira - To Make Money? / Dominic Barcity Acquires Two Cars, To Open Multi Million Naira Newspaper Firm / Photos Of Nairabet Multi-million Naira New Duplex Office In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Wasted Million Naira Plus Hiring Writers On Nairaland by fastseo: 5:37pm On Dec 20, 2022
SocialBlue:

I lost 2 M in a business this year kid. I didn't create thread to accuse people falsely. Nigerian employers and the wickedness of paying extremely low and expecting extremely high. He should do the writing himself and engage you too, to see the pains people go through to produce them. Hypocrites-in-law

It is in my right to post my displeasure and How i feel.
Re: How I Wasted Million Naira Plus Hiring Writers On Nairaland by SocialBlue: 5:42pm On Dec 20, 2022
Sleekcode:
It took you up to 1m+ to learn this lesson?

You aren't exactly very smart grin

Thanks for having master understanding. He still hasn't realized the mistakes are his and that the loses presents a lesson and a price to pay for, handling business badly by poorly extremely unfair price and expecting premium quality
Re: How I Wasted Million Naira Plus Hiring Writers On Nairaland by SocialBlue: 5:43pm On Dec 20, 2022
fastseo:

It is in my right to post my displeasure and How i feel.

It is in my right to speak about anything in public space. No be your body dey suffer am. Dey do am dey go. Sufferer
Re: How I Wasted Million Naira Plus Hiring Writers On Nairaland by fastseo: 5:59pm On Dec 20, 2022
SocialBlue:

It is in my right to speak about anything in public space. No be your body dey suffer am. Dey do am dey go. Sufferer

Please be informed that i don't owe you are penny whatsoever or any transaction. As for my website i have taken full responsibility henceforth as am not willing to get any Nigerian writers on board again because i have not gotten any results from their input for the past 2 years.

Thanks for your concern

1 Like

Re: How I Wasted Million Naira Plus Hiring Writers On Nairaland by 004gist: 6:06pm On Dec 20, 2022
SocialBlue:

I lost 2 M in a business this year kid. I didn't create thread to accuse people falsely. Nigerian employers and the wickedness of paying extremely low and expecting extremely high. He should do the writing himself and engage you too, to see the pains people go through to produce them. Hypocrites-in-law

Have a nice day
Re: How I Wasted Million Naira Plus Hiring Writers On Nairaland by SocialBlue: 7:31pm On Dec 20, 2022
fastseo:

Please be informed that i don't owe you are penny whatsoever or any transaction. As for my website i have taken full responsibility henceforth as am not willing to get any Nigerian writers on board again because i have not gotten any results from their input for the past 2 years.

Thanks for your concern

You can't owe me. Stop the deflection and focus on issues.

You got what you deserve for your wickedness
Re: How I Wasted Million Naira Plus Hiring Writers On Nairaland by fastseo: 7:49pm On Dec 20, 2022
SocialBlue:

You can't owe me. Stop the deflection and focus on issues.

You got what you deserve for your wickedness

Have i been wicked to you? How please explain how or in what ways i was wicked so let's make amend
Re: How I Wasted Million Naira Plus Hiring Writers On Nairaland by Nobody: 8:08pm On Dec 20, 2022
fastseo:

Have you written for me before? If yes proof your self. Show me chats

Else i won't respond to you again
Obviously, he has. That's why the thread pain am pass anything. When you see f**lish people leaving the main matter at hand and focusing on rate, then know that they are guilty.

Any writer that is interested in a higher rate per word CAN NEVER accept rates lower than their worth. But when they do, he or she doesn't have any right to complain about the rate. You guys bargained, and you accepted. So value must be delivered.

1 Like

Re: How I Wasted Million Naira Plus Hiring Writers On Nairaland by fastseo: 8:13pm On Dec 20, 2022
ClixMaster:
Obviously, he has. That's why the thread pain am pass anything.
My brother i tire oh.. See me see trouble.
See the kind of people i gave article to write hoping to get something in return. No wonder why the blogs all died.
Re: How I Wasted Million Naira Plus Hiring Writers On Nairaland by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 20, 2022
fastseo:

My brother i tire oh.. See me see trouble.
See the kind of people i gave article to write hoping to get something in return. No wonder why the blogs all died.
Don't just mind him
Re: How I Wasted Million Naira Plus Hiring Writers On Nairaland by Nobody: 8:17pm On Dec 20, 2022
004gist:

Where they not offered to write content for a fee? Was there not an agreement? If its low kindly reject the money and maintain your integrity rather than copy paste killing people's projects.

You ur self if u lost 50k this December you fit hang ur self for this Buhari government. But see what u wrote for some one that lost a million plus.
Simple.
Re: How I Wasted Million Naira Plus Hiring Writers On Nairaland by SocialBlue: 8:51am On Dec 21, 2022
fastseo:

Have i been wicked to you? How please explain how or in what ways i was wicked so let's make amend

Respond to facts with facts. I represent every writer you pay 1-2 Naira per word while you eat the larger share of the meat. Thief !
Re: How I Wasted Million Naira Plus Hiring Writers On Nairaland by fastseo: 9:12am On Dec 21, 2022
SocialBlue:

Respond to facts with facts. I represent every writer you pay 1-2 Naira per word while you eat the larger share of the meat. Thief !

Show me prove let's see . Let me see WhatsApp chat to confirm.

And if you still accept 1 naira per words then you have a problem. It means you don't know ur worth as per say.

I spent over 150k monthly on hiring writers here on nairaland from nairaland for almond 1 year and 8 months... For contents that didn't rank nor bring a single traffic and on inspection i found out that the content is just plagiarism and slightly edited.

Am considering on pressing charges on those who fraudulently wrote content. Someone has contacted me and i will take that as an option.

Spending 150 + multiple it by those months you will know what damage you guys have caused
Re: How I Wasted Million Naira Plus Hiring Writers On Nairaland by fastseo: 9:18am On Dec 21, 2022
This is a lesson for all to learn
Re: How I Wasted Million Naira Plus Hiring Writers On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 21, 2022
fastseo:

Show me prove let's see . Let me see WhatsApp chat to confirm.

And if you still accept 1 naira per words then you have a problem. It means you don't know ur worth as per say.

I spent over 150k monthly on hiring writers here on nairaland from nairaland for almond 1 year and 8 months... For contents that didn't rank nor bring a single traffic and on inspection i found out that the content is just plagiarism and slightly edited.

Am considering on pressing charges on those who fraudulently wrote content. Someone has contacted me and i will take that as an option.

Spending 150 + multiple it by those months you will know what damage you guys have caused

Good choice, I just pray that silly being commenting trash is among those fraudulent writers.

1 Like

Re: How I Wasted Million Naira Plus Hiring Writers On Nairaland by Kreptic: 10:42am On Dec 21, 2022
fastseo:
This is a lesson for all to learn

Sorry bro. Gone are the days where you see genuine writers here on nairaland. Nairaland used to be training ground for other platforms that pays well. Most of the successful writers on upwork and successful bloggers all started writing gig on nairaland.

What we have now are group of scammers. Youth not ready to work and learn the process rather they want fast money.
I won't encourage anyone who wants to pick writers here or if you must you must verify the address of that person, have him sign under taken.

That was how someone i know who use to write for a big firm hired helping hands here and got his hand burnt... The company he has worked for years kicked him out when they found out that his work contains plagiarised work and he didn't know it was later he traced the error... Writers from nairaland . Imagine someone lost over 4k to 6k $ monthly income source.

1 Like

Re: How I Wasted Million Naira Plus Hiring Writers On Nairaland by AgentKB: 1:06am On Dec 22, 2022
If I have/had a million naira, will I choose to hire 99% of nairaland writers?

Wouldn't that be a little to much writers for whatever task i have?

Would that not be a foolish decision?

Would I not just hire two or at most three writers and test the results I'll get from their efforts?

Would I not take the lessons learnt from that test, optimise it and see how it'll perform if I work with two more?

Even if I ignorantly hire 99% of nairaland writers, would I not take enough time to see how my team is performing on the set goals, targets and objectives before going all out?

Had I a boss who sent me out into the world to make the most of a million naira content marketing investment, would I chose to invest his funds in this manner?

Hiring 99% of Nairaland writers?

For what?

Would that not say more about my decision making process than it would the competence of the writers i hire?

What kind of a visionary, creator or entrepreneur would keep reinforcing a faulty decision until the errors compounded into millions-naira's worth and then turn around to blame it on incompetent workers?

Who hired the writers in the first place: hiring one out of every hundred writers? What for?

What methods were used to judge the hired writers? And what would anyone do with 99% of nairaland writers?

How long did it take you to hire 99% of nairaland writers?

Well, I have more questions about this lamentation than I have the time to put them down.

Right now, I'll only say congratulations on your million-naira tuition, sir.

Lamenting won't help you at this point,sir, if i may.

Your millio-naira school fees is there to help improve your organisation, leadership and management competence.

Take what you've learnt from the millio-naira experiment and use it to implement better structures for your business.

Deciding to handle your business alone will gravely reduce your efficiency. As a matter of fact, you'll be back at the outsourcing table in no time.

Cut your loss. Take the lessons learnt. Create a standard operating procedure. Improve your hiring and monitoring process. Compress your activities to the most relevant minimum. Find the sweet-spot. Scale it up.

The result you witnessed is not entirely the fault of your writers. Writing is less than 20% of the activities required to establish a successful content marketing business (of which blogging is one).

Blaming your writers for the failures you experienced says more about you than the writers you are trying to victimise
Re: How I Wasted Million Naira Plus Hiring Writers On Nairaland by fastseo: 1:39am On Dec 22, 2022
AgentKB:
If I have/had a million naira, will I choose to hire 99% of nairaland writers?

Wouldn't that be a little to much writers for whatever task i have?

Would that not be a foolish decision?

Would I not just hire two or at most three writers and test the results I'll get from their efforts?

Would I not take the lessons learnt from that test, optimise it and see how it'll perform if I work with two more?

Even if I ignorantly hire 99% of nairaland writers, would I not take enough time to see how my team is performing on the set goals, targets and objectives before going all out?

Had I a boss who sent me out into the world to make the most of a million naira content marketing investment, would I chose to invest his funds in this manner?

Hiring 99% of Nairaland writers?

For what?

Would that not say more about my decision making process than it would the competence of the writers i hire?

What kind of a visionary, creator or entrepreneur would keep reinforcing a faulty decision until the errors compounded into millions-naira's worth and then turn around to blame it on incompetent workers?

Who hired the writers in the first place: hiring one out of every hundred writers? What for?

What methods were used to judge the hired writers? And what would anyone do with 99% of nairaland writers?

How long did it take you to hire 99% of nairaland writers?

Well, I have more questions about this lamentation than I have the time to put them down.

Right now, I'll only say congratulations on your million-naira tuition, sir.

Lamenting won't help you at this point,sir, if i may.

Your millio-naira school fees is there to help improve your organisation, leadership and management competence.

Take what you've learnt from the millio-naira experiment and use it to implement better structures for your business.

Deciding to handle your business alone will gravely reduce your efficiency. As a matter of fact, you'll be back at the outsourcing table in no time.

Cut your loss. Take the lessons learnt. Create a standard operating procedure. Improve your hiring and monitoring process. Compress your activities to the most relevant minimum. Find the sweet-spot. Scale it up.

The result you witnessed is not entirely the fault of your writers. Writing is less than 20% of the activities required to establish a successful content marketing business (of which blogging is one).

Blaming your writers for the failures you experienced says more about you than the writers you are trying to victimise

I have been a blogger since 2010 and i have been blogging and improving ever since. Then in 2014 to 2017 i saw great changes learnt SEO and becomes good at it... All 3 houses i got now is from blogging.. So am not new to the game.

I decided to hire writers to expand my business because i can't do it all alone. All over the world online business at some point need extra hands from twitter, Facebook even nairaland

And secondly i choose to hire writers Because i have other successful blog that i was managing my self.
This time i created 4 blogs... That was two years ago. Then assigned a writer per one blog while i supervise and edit the post they submit.

In the world of SEO you can't just write blog post and see results in few days or months.. It takes a full year or more due to several factors such as your niche, keyword, competitiveness, content.... results takes a minimum of 1 year / 12 months or even more before you can fully assume if your blog is ranking or not because Google do all their best not to rank new blogs for the first 6 months new blog might won't see a single traffic because the blogs are still in sandbox . So you have to wait for this long period.

At the beginning of this year i had to compare all performances and saw little growth then at March all site crashed as traffic went down to zero or at least 2 visitors per day.

I had already quickly set up some personal blog in a more competitive niche that need more expertise last year December and wrote 15 post and waited one full year to conclude my findings. If its the writers or something else is at Play. You can't just come out to accuse someone or a group of people.

I found out that this post i had created grew more n more and attracted more viewers. I waited for a major algorithm update that usually occurs once in 2 or more months and this blog i wrote stood perfectly fine.. Then i waited for the October that shock many sites... But this site kept growing.

Then i started going through recently submitted work done... I now suspected that they use AI writing tools or article writing tool and did minor adjustments which you can't detect. Because if you place each writing on this tool it will not detect any plagiarism and if you go through the writing it makes sense..

I even subscribe for 1text*com and other premium plagiarism checker.

Am working to bring the site back as am writing all major content... I believe by May next year all 4 blogs will be recovered.

My decision to voice out my displeasure is to alert everyone on board so they could be aware. I could have kept silent and move on

1 Like

Re: How I Wasted Million Naira Plus Hiring Writers On Nairaland by fastseo: 1:46am On Dec 22, 2022
Here is the new sites i created and you can see how it performed

Re: How I Wasted Million Naira Plus Hiring Writers On Nairaland by fastseo: 2:01am On Dec 22, 2022
Here is another blog i set up still last year... To test

Re: How I Wasted Million Naira Plus Hiring Writers On Nairaland by fastseo: 2:11am On Dec 22, 2022
I know they are good writers but majority are not what they claim.... About 90% or more are not doing the job they are paid for and it hurt so bad.
Re: How I Wasted Million Naira Plus Hiring Writers On Nairaland by Funbox3: 2:48am On Dec 22, 2022
fastseo:
I know they are good writers but majority are not what they claim.... About 90% or more are not doing the job they are paid for and it hurt so bad.
Just do your thing your self. Don't hire anyone again. It seems u understand your business

1 Like

Re: How I Wasted Million Naira Plus Hiring Writers On Nairaland by faceland: 2:54am On Dec 22, 2022
If after 6 months it doesn't rank, it is game over.
It is a dead post.
Next time you review what they write ort just go into the trending/gossip/news niche where they can just push 300 word post (quantity over quality). If I have 200k, I am getting into news.

1 Like

Re: How I Wasted Million Naira Plus Hiring Writers On Nairaland by faceland: 2:57am On Dec 22, 2022
It is also bad luck to have large views from India. Your Indian views is equal your Nigerian views so may be they discovered you are making $1k monthly and just copy your post. You should search some of our post on Google to see where else it is copied.

Is part of the money the fees for Project 24?
Re: How I Wasted Million Naira Plus Hiring Writers On Nairaland by Funbox3: 3:12am On Dec 22, 2022
faceland:
If after 6 months it doesn't rank, it is game over.
It is a dead post.
Next time you review what they write ort just go into the trending/gossip/news niche where they can just push 300 word post (quantity over quality). If I have 200k, I am getting into news.

He can decide to use ChatGPT to produce better content. That tool will produce better content than any nairaland writer. Use the tool as a guide to extract relevant information only don't copy word to word

2 Likes

Re: How I Wasted Million Naira Plus Hiring Writers On Nairaland by faceland: 3:40am On Dec 22, 2022
Funbox3:

He can decide to use ChatGPT to produce better content. That tool will produce better content than any nairaland writer. Use the tool as a guide to extract relevant information only don't copy word to word

The fear has been realized. AI taking human jobs. It is far cheaper, far faster, no team of humans can compete especially at the research level.
Re: How I Wasted Million Naira Plus Hiring Writers On Nairaland by fastseo: 6:14am On Dec 22, 2022
Funbox3:

Yes i have been using ChatGPT and i must say its an amazing tool. I use it as a guide thus i have produced about 9 unique and well researched content in just a week plus. That is why i said before May next year i wil bounce back.

With that tool i don't need to depend on writers anymore from nairaland or any other platform because the tool give you the main point you are looking for.

Now the 150k i do budget for writers i will put it into YouTube where i will produce high quality YouTube videos with good voice over artist doing the job with their face showing as they talk. I have contacted few British on upwork and we are starting this month. Everything is in place to produce 3 videos every month.

Its a strategy to diversify from blogging

2 Likes

Re: How I Wasted Million Naira Plus Hiring Writers On Nairaland by imagrg(m): 8:09am On Dec 22, 2022
You have hit the head on the nail. grin
SocialBlue:

You're the con artist here Oga

It's not dishonesty, do you pay the worth of the value you seek?

You can't be paying 2 Naira per word for this quality you're talking about. You mean you want one to spend ten hours to earn 2,000 Naira.

Start the change you seek in the world in yourself. If this quality of patiently researching multiple resources to produce an article is what you need from people and if it's important to you as business, you should start payments from 5 Naira per word minimum.

You're paying 2 Naira and co per word and expect 20 Naira per word quality. How will your business not crash? When the going was good and you were raking all the profits, you didn't create a thread saying you take 85% business profits while paying writers peanuts. When your own inherent dishonesty backfires you're crying. You simply are the person who needs to make changes and do better, Mr !

1 Like

Re: How I Wasted Million Naira Plus Hiring Writers On Nairaland by fastseo: 9:45am On Dec 22, 2022
imagrg:
by defrauding undecided collecting funds upon funds but never do the job

But u are the one opening thread upon thread for someone to return just ordinary 10,000

1)https://www.nairaland.com/7487336/victor-ifediora-ubah-please-return

2)https://www.nairaland.com/7487307/victor-ifediora-ubah-please-return

Re: How I Wasted Million Naira Plus Hiring Writers On Nairaland by SocialBlue: 12:48pm On Dec 22, 2022
imagrg:

cheesy wink
Re: How I Wasted Million Naira Plus Hiring Writers On Nairaland by Obioramichael(m): 5:49pm On Dec 29, 2022
fastseo:

I have been a blogger since 2010 and i have been blogging and improving ever since. Then in 2014 to 2017 i saw great changes learnt SEO and becomes good at it... All 3 houses i got now is from blogging.. So am not new to the game.

I decided to hire writers to expand my business because i can't do it all alone. All over the world online business at some point need extra hands from twitter, Facebook even nairaland

And secondly i choose to hire writers Because i have other successful blog that i was managing my self.
This time i created 4 blogs... That was two years ago. Then assigned a writer per one blog while i supervise and edit the post they submit.

In the world of SEO you can't just write blog post and see results in few days or months.. It takes a full year or more due to several factors such as your niche, keyword, competitiveness, content.... results takes a minimum of 1 year / 12 months or even more before you can fully assume if your blog is ranking or not because Google do all their best not to rank new blogs for the first 6 months new blog might won't see a single traffic because the blogs are still in sandbox . So you have to wait for this long period.

At the beginning of this year i had to compare all performances and saw little growth then at March all site crashed as traffic went down to zero or at least 2 visitors per day.

I had already quickly set up some personal blog in a more competitive niche that need more expertise last year December and wrote 15 post and waited one full year to conclude my findings. If its the writers or something else is at Play. You can't just come out to accuse someone or a group of people.

I found out that this post i had created grew more n more and attracted more viewers. I waited for a major algorithm update that usually occurs once in 2 or more months and this blog i wrote stood perfectly fine.. Then i waited for the October that shock many sites... But this site kept growing.

Then i started going through recently submitted work done... I now suspected that they use AI writing tools or article writing tool and did minor adjustments which you can't detect. Because if you place each writing on this tool it will not detect any plagiarism and if you go through the writing it makes sense..

I even subscribe for 1text*com and other premium plagiarism checker.

Am working to bring the site back as am writing all major content... I believe by May next year all 4 blogs will be recovered.

My decision to voice out my displeasure is to alert everyone on board so they could be aware. I could have kept silent and move on

Does it mean that article writing tools or AI writing tools is not accepted by Google?
Re: How I Wasted Million Naira Plus Hiring Writers On Nairaland by fastseo: 5:59pm On Dec 29, 2022
Obioramichael:

Does it mean that article writing tools or AI writing tools is not accepted by Google?
Yes it's not acceptable. It might rank first but with time it goes down entirely.

Its best you do what is within the acceptable norms

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Get The Right Image For a Blog / Have You Heard Of Headless CMS? Find Out If You Need It. / Leading Digital Marketing Agency In G.R.A Ikeja Is Looking For A Web Developer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.