Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,065 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

My Analysis: APC Muslim-muslim Permutations Didn't See Peter Obi Coming. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Analysis: APC Muslim-muslim Permutations Didn't See Peter Obi Coming. (2677 Views)

Ayiri Emami: I Don't See Peter Obi Winning Any State In The South-South / We Never Saw Peter Obi Coming, He Took Us All By Surprise, The Only Mistake We M / Analysis: Apc Crisis: Tinubu/oshiomhole, Amaechi Fight For Control (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Analysis: APC Muslim-muslim Permutations Didn't See Peter Obi Coming. by Osamabinladenik: 8:56am On Dec 13, 2022
The APC Muslim-Muslim ticket was specifically designed for PDP. For me, the idea of that ticket was based on the assumption that it can steal many votes from Atiku in the core Muslim northern region, it was never meant to factor a Christian southern aspirant.

This miscalculation is not surprising as APC didn't really see Peter Obi as a threat before now. They thought it was an euphoria that will soon die, obviously that isn't the case.

Is the Muslim-Muslim ticket working as expected?, No one knows for sure but from the body language of Nigerians, it seems to be backfiring. The reasons are as follows:

1. This has raised suspicion within the Christians voting Bloc in Southwest. Whether or not it's necessary but the truth remains that Tinubu will lose many votes on religious basis in Southwest because many Yoruba Christians will feel safer voting for another Christian irrespective of his tribe. This is because they are weary of supposed islamization of Nigeria.

2. Peter obi is taking full advantage of this miscalculation. It's no surprise he's getting warm reception at many Christian gatherings.
APC didn't expect that to happen because they underestimated him. He wasn't the reason for the Muslim-Muslim ticket in the first place

3. APC has automatically lost many northern Christian votes to Peter obi.

4. APC is now left with yoruba Muslims in the west then will battle with Atiku for the votes of northern Muslims. This wouldn't have been the case if they had just picked a Christian running mate because many people won't really vote for Tinubu on the basis of competence.

Conclusion: A christian running mate would have increased APC'S chances of winning the election

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Analysis: APC Muslim-muslim Permutations Didn't See Peter Obi Coming. by Moh247: 8:59am On Dec 13, 2022
cool

By February next year, you would understand Nigerians are more loyal to ethnicity than religion

God sent Obi to give Tinubu and South an easy win..

Hausa and Kanuri don't really care after Buhari's tenure,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Analysis: APC Muslim-muslim Permutations Didn't See Peter Obi Coming. by Osamabinladenik: 9:00am On Dec 13, 2022
Moh247:
By February next year, you would understand Nigerians are more loyal to ethnicity than religion
on that basis, Tinubu will lose.
Imagine all Fulnais/hausa voting for Atiku.

The election is a mixture of tribe and religion. The evidence on ground suggest that.

Peter obi will steal Tinubu's votes on religious grounds and still Atiku votes on tribal grounds

28 Likes

Re: My Analysis: APC Muslim-muslim Permutations Didn't See Peter Obi Coming. by Moh247: 9:03am On Dec 13, 2022
Osamabinladenik:
on that basis, Tinubu will lose.
Imagine all Fulnais/hause voting for Atiku.

The election is a mixture of tribe and religion. The evidence on ground suggest that

Do you know Fulanis are not even majority tribe in the North yet they have ruled

For now I see Kanuris and Hausa voting massively for Shetima as long as Tinubu can guarantee fairness and equity

The North especially Hausa are ready for power rotation and a typical Hausa man is honest and just
Re: My Analysis: APC Muslim-muslim Permutations Didn't See Peter Obi Coming. by Osamabinladenik: 9:06am On Dec 13, 2022
Moh247:

Do you know Fulanis are not even majority tribe in the North yet they have ruled

For now I see Kanuris and Hausa voting massively for Shetima as long as Tinubu can guarantee fairness and equity
Fulani/Hausa.

So Hausa people will leave a Fulani man to vote for Yoruba?
Use your head na.
How can Hausa people leave the Juicy presidential seat to vote for VP?

Do you reason? cheesy

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Analysis: APC Muslim-muslim Permutations Didn't See Peter Obi Coming. by gozmok1(m): 9:08am On Dec 13, 2022
Tinubu is running on Muslim-Muslim Mkpurummiri ticket
Buhari is sitting on the fence
Atiku and PDP are fighting themselves

Everything playing to the favour of the anointed one.

Guess the anointed one, you think say na your papa be the anointed one abi, taa get out... grin grin grin

The anointed one is Mr. Peter Gregory Obi, the Rock on which the new Nigeria will be built.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Analysis: APC Muslim-muslim Permutations Didn't See Peter Obi Coming. by Moh247: 9:09am On Dec 13, 2022
Osamabinladenik:
Fulani/Hausa.

So Hausa people will leave a Fulani man to vote for Yoruba?
Use your head na.
How can Hausa people leave the Juicy presidential seat to vote for VP?

Do you reason? cheesy

Who do you think is pushing Tinubu and strongly backing him?!

Hausa , Kanuri , Northern Minority, even Fulani..

How exactly did you think Tinubu was able to defeat a Vice President, Governors, Ministers? The North are fully backing Tinubu over Atiku

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Analysis: APC Muslim-muslim Permutations Didn't See Peter Obi Coming. by Osamabinladenik: 9:12am On Dec 13, 2022
Moh247:

How exactly did you think Tinubu was able to defeat a Vice President, Governors, Ministers? The North are fully backing Tinubu over Atiku
I still don't see why an average Hausa man will prefer to vote for a Kanuri man as vice president instead of voting a fulani man as president..

Your logic doesn't add up

I understand that you want Tinubu to win but that logic is flawed. That's even if it's true that this election is only on tribal basis

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Analysis: APC Muslim-muslim Permutations Didn't See Peter Obi Coming. by Jostoman: 9:17am On Dec 13, 2022
Obedient came when they didn't expect it, Obedient will consumed them in 2023.

9 Likes

Re: My Analysis: APC Muslim-muslim Permutations Didn't See Peter Obi Coming. by ganisucks(f): 9:21am On Dec 13, 2022
Osamabinladenik:
I still don't see why an average Hausa man will prefer to vote for a Kanuri man as vice president instead of voting a fulani man as president..

Your logic doesn't add up

I understand that you want Tinubu to win but that logic is flawed. That's even if it's true that this election is only on tribal basis

You're wasting your data. You're arguing with people who believe every conjecture, assertion and calculation will result in Tinubu winning the election. Your time will be better spent watching Titanic the movie, than convincing people of the chances of a politician who the US denied visa. It's a forgone conclusion that Tinubu will lose the election.

15 Likes

Re: My Analysis: APC Muslim-muslim Permutations Didn't See Peter Obi Coming. by famouscargo4u: 9:27am On Dec 13, 2022
You're right with your permutations but trust mẹ, millions of Yoruba will vote for Tinubu. You may have heart CAN leaders ìn Oyo and Lagos have thrown their weights and support to BAT. If will not vote him, it wont bẹ because of religion. Mòst Yoruba people have distant relations that are muslims and those who dó not dó not ṣee any much issues. Tinubu Is a very moderate muslims just like Fashola. Í never knew he was a muslims until like years later during his first tenure ìn Lagos.

1 Like

Re: My Analysis: APC Muslim-muslim Permutations Didn't See Peter Obi Coming. by StrongandMighty: 9:27am On Dec 13, 2022
Honestly they didn't see him coming, had it been APC factored in the obi's effect they would have seriously reconsidered there Muslim Muslim ticket! But they thought it was business as usual between them and pdp...

The man took APC by the storm!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Analysis: APC Muslim-muslim Permutations Didn't See Peter Obi Coming. by traihit: 9:31am On Dec 13, 2022
Moh247:
cool

You keep living in delusions and figuring out stuffs in your head.....not because you can't think in broader terms but because you willfully decided not to think since you're fed by the politicians who would soon forget you as soon as they clinch onto power.

Instead of fighting because of less than 100K per month, why not fight for a future where you kids will feel safe to live and as a father you'll have the confidence of meeting your house's basic needs?

Stop the unprofitable work and stand for the truth.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Analysis: APC Muslim-muslim Permutations Didn't See Peter Obi Coming. by SmartPolician: 9:31am On Dec 13, 2022
Well, the Yorubas are not so obsessed with religion like the other major tribes in Nigeria.

If a Yoruba is voting for you, he or she will rarely consider your religion before making their decision. Forget what you see on Nairaland and the senseless posts of MURIC, they are very liberal.

That's why the South West is often considered the swing region of Nigeria. Voting patterns of most regions are predictable, but South West isn't.

This is why they remain the only tribe in Nigeria comfortable with inter-religious marriages. For instance, Bola Tinubu is a Muslim and married a Christian wife. This rarely happens among other ethnic groups in Nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: My Analysis: APC Muslim-muslim Permutations Didn't See Peter Obi Coming. by ScamHunter: 9:32am On Dec 13, 2022
Wrong...
Obi was already in the picture when the MuMu ticket was hatched. It was preplanned by the Fulani and sold to the MuMu man, Tinubu to give Atiku an edge. Its like taking Tinubu to the middle of the ocean and abandoning him there. They wanted to make sure he's baseless since in the north his brand of islam is considered fake. Banking on a northern Muslim eliminates him from the race since both Christians and Muslim North won't vote him while no Christian in the South that knows what he believes would touch him with a mile long pole. In short, Tinubu was fooled. I see him not making the top 3 in this election.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Analysis: APC Muslim-muslim Permutations Didn't See Peter Obi Coming. by StrongandMighty: 9:33am On Dec 13, 2022
famouscargo4u:
You're right with your permutations but trust mẹ, millions of Yoruba will vote for Tinubu. You may have heart CAN leaders ìn Oyo and Lagos have thrown their weights and support to BAT. If will not vote him, it wont bẹ because of religion. Mòst Yoruba people have distant relations that are muslims and those who dó not dó not ṣee any much issues. Tinubu Is a very moderate muslims just like Fashola. Í never knew he was a muslims until like years later during his first tenure ìn Lagos.
But are you saying that Obasanjo and pa adebanjo public endorsement of obi is a joke to you? Those great men are elder statesmen in Yoruba land and they command quite a lot of influence! Are you saying that Yoruba Christians are still a joke to you?
Believe it or not tinubu will struggle it out with obi in southwest..

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Analysis: APC Muslim-muslim Permutations Didn't See Peter Obi Coming. by Moh247: 9:34am On Dec 13, 2022
traihit:

You keep living in delusions and figuring out stuffs in your head.....not because you can't think in broader terms but because you willfully decided not to think since you're fed by the politicians who would soon forget you as soon as they clinch onto power.

Instead of fighting because of less than 100K per month, why not fight for a future where you kids will feel safe to live and as a father you'll have the confidence of meeting your house's basic needs?

Stop the unprofitable work and stand for the truth.

I won't join you in your bitter rant

God sees us all, if you in deed believe Obi of Anambra is better than Bola Ahmed Tinubu of Lagos State please vote your choice and stop insulting other people's intelligence

Guess what? February all your lies and decieit shall end and we shall know who truly cares about this country and who a Biafra pretenders harrassing everyone because they are fustrated

You care so much about Nigeria that you label others not supporting Obi paid troll who earns 100k. You think slandering strangers about would magically win you election

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Analysis: APC Muslim-muslim Permutations Didn't See Peter Obi Coming. by Racoon(m): 9:35am On Dec 13, 2022
A fact remains that the muslim muslim concept the APC introduced into Nigerian politics is going to redefined a lots of things. Even the core northern Muslim dominated northern Nigeria don't find it acceptable in so much that they love political power.

If any per chance won on this basis if really it happened, then the ethno-religio-regional uprisings that will follow it may lead to a difficult county to govern.

2 Likes

Re: My Analysis: APC Muslim-muslim Permutations Didn't See Peter Obi Coming. by Osamabinladenik: 9:37am On Dec 13, 2022
famouscargo4u:
I agree with you, they will vote Tinubu but not as much as when he has a Christian running mate.

I have many Yoruba people who despise him for that reason.

2 Likes

Re: My Analysis: APC Muslim-muslim Permutations Didn't See Peter Obi Coming. by traihit: 9:37am On Dec 13, 2022
StrongandMighty:
Honestly they didn't see him coming, had it been APC factored in the obi's effect they would have seriously reconsidered there Muslim Muslim ticket! But they thought it was business as usual between them and pdp...

The man took APC by the storm!

Did you read the report from the APC spokesman talking about Atiku not being a threat compared to Obi?

If you're in a Southwest city like Ibadan and you meet with a lot of people, you will understand that this election is between Tinubu and Obi.

Tinubu stands for the old order, Obi stands for the hope Nigerians truly have. Atiku is caught in-between or better still, categorized with Tinubu.

The young people supporting Tinubu among the Yorubas are mostly doing so for religious purpose. The Yorubas are not that trialistic. Religion causes a divide more than you think.

3 Likes

Re: My Analysis: APC Muslim-muslim Permutations Didn't See Peter Obi Coming. by famouscargo4u: 9:41am On Dec 13, 2022
StrongandMighty:

But are you saying that Obasanjo and pa adebanjo public endorsement of obi is a joke to you? Those great men are elder statesmen in Yoruba land and they command quite a lot of influence! Are you saying that Yoruba Christians are still a joke to you?
Believe it or not tinubu will struggle it out with obi in southwest..

Yes it Is. Obasanjo and Adebanjo cannot control marshall 10000 voters.

1 Like

Re: My Analysis: APC Muslim-muslim Permutations Didn't See Peter Obi Coming. by traihit: 9:44am On Dec 13, 2022
Moh247:

I won't join you in your bitter rant

God sees us all, if you in deed believe Obi of Anambra is better than Bola Ahmed Tinubu of Lagos State please vote your choice and stop insulting other people's intelligence

Guess what? February all your lies and decieit shall end and we shall know who truly cares about this country and who a Biafra pretenders harrassing everyone because they are fustrated

You can see the handwriting on the wall already bro.....

It's either you go for it or not. FYI, I ain't Igbo and I wasn't a supporter of Obi till Tinubu, because of his desperation, redefined the candidacy system since 1999.

If he's that desperate especially when the country needs to be calmed, how much more when he clinches power?

Tinubu at the height of his governance was a technocrat, no doubt. However, can the present Tinubu be accountable to Nigeria when he gets to office? You know the answer except you're lying to yourself.

For now, Nigeria needs an accountable leader. I dare say that Buhari is more engaging that Tinubu. Tinubu will likely come out only when he's been insulted too much.

In short, Nigeria of today can't afford to have Tinubu presidency. You should be praying against it too.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Analysis: APC Muslim-muslim Permutations Didn't See Peter Obi Coming. by ScamHunter: 9:46am On Dec 13, 2022
Moh247:
cool

I love this...
You just confirmed what one Yoruba man told me. That a typical Yoruba man has expertise in denying reality. You're the one that would wake up in February. This election is between Peter Obi and Atiku Abubakar. Tinubu is out already.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Analysis: APC Muslim-muslim Permutations Didn't See Peter Obi Coming. by traihit: 9:47am On Dec 13, 2022
famouscargo4u:

Yes it Is. Obasanjo and Adebanjo cannot control marshall 10000 voters.

If Nigeria's election keep being tied to who can control a number of marshalls, Nigeria might be in bondage of bad leadership forever.

Tinubu and Atiku have spent money like rain water. Do you think it's because of patriotism? Did the heroes past spent much money to get to power even though they had ideologies, passion and zeal for Nigeria?

We should be afraid of people that'll do anything to get power. If they do anything to get to power, they can do anything when they have the power.

5 Likes

Re: My Analysis: APC Muslim-muslim Permutations Didn't See Peter Obi Coming. by Moh247: 9:48am On Dec 13, 2022
traihit:

You can see the handwriting on the wall already bro.....

It's either you go for it or not. FYI, I ain't Igbo and I wasn't a supporter of Obi till Tinubu, because of his desperation, redefined the candidacy system since 1999.

If he's that desperate especially when the country needs to be calmed, how much more when he clinches power?

Tinubu at the height of his governance was a technocrat, no doubt. However, can the present Tinubu be accountable to Nigeria when he gets to office? You know the answer except you're lying to yourself.

For now, Nigeria needs an accountable leader. I dare say that Buhari is more engaging that Tinubu. Tinubu will likely come out only when he's been insulted too much.

In short, Nigeria of today can't afford to have Tinubu presidency. You should be praying against it too.

No point dragging issues with you .. you would come up with the usual rhetorics of hate against a man that did nothing against you.. you will call him sick, call him fraud and his geniune supporters paid 100k

In the end God knows how to settle issues like this, infact Buhari got more critics than this

1 Like

Re: My Analysis: APC Muslim-muslim Permutations Didn't See Peter Obi Coming. by Moh247: 9:49am On Dec 13, 2022
ScamHunter:

I love this...
You just confirmed what one Yoruba man told me. That a typical Yoruba man has expertise in denying reality. You're the one that would wake up in February. This election is between Peter Obi and Atiku Abubakar. Tinubu is out already.

LoL.. if I need business advice I might consider your kind, but National Politics?! No way you guys just don't get it
Re: My Analysis: APC Muslim-muslim Permutations Didn't See Peter Obi Coming. by Didijiji: 9:52am On Dec 13, 2022
cheesy
Moh247:
cool

Afonja Sikiru have spoken
Re: My Analysis: APC Muslim-muslim Permutations Didn't See Peter Obi Coming. by jumper524(m): 9:58am On Dec 13, 2022
peter obi is a blessing without disguise to tinubu. Apc already knows that those christain bigots won't still vote him even if he chooses a pope.

2 Likes

Re: My Analysis: APC Muslim-muslim Permutations Didn't See Peter Obi Coming. by socialmediaman: 10:00am On Dec 13, 2022
Moh247:

Only half of kanuris speak Hausa. They’re a very different tribe, and are dominant in Borno, half of Yobe, and some parts of Bauchi

Hausas, Fulanis and other minorities control the rest of the core northern region
Re: My Analysis: APC Muslim-muslim Permutations Didn't See Peter Obi Coming. by Moh247: 10:06am On Dec 13, 2022
socialmediaman:

Only half of kanuris speak Hausa. They’re a very different tribe, and are dominant in Borno, half of Yobe, and some parts of Bauchi

Hausas, Fulanis and other minorities control the rest of the core northern region

Take out PVC datas from Borno, Yobe, Bauchi, and add Lagos , Oyo and Osun

This state alone without adding KKK states would be very key in winning

Re: My Analysis: APC Muslim-muslim Permutations Didn't See Peter Obi Coming. by Osamabinladenik: 10:10am On Dec 13, 2022
Moh247:

Take out PVC datas from Borno, Yobe, Bauchi, and add Lagos , Oyo and Osun

This state alone without adding KKK states would be very key in winning
your analysis is assuming that Tinubu will get majority votes in the north.

You are in for a shocker dude
Re: My Analysis: APC Muslim-muslim Permutations Didn't See Peter Obi Coming. by Chelseanababa(m): 10:12am On Dec 13, 2022
O

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Three Of Five G5 Governors Back Obi: Ex-Rivers Commissioner / Bishop David Oyedepo Reveals Shocking Revelations On 2023 Election In Nigeria H / "I Will Accompany Tinubu On Monday To Receive His Certificate Of Returns"-PMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.