Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,750 members, 7,851,567 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:08 PM

Obama Uncle Arrested For Drunk-driving - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama Uncle Arrested For Drunk-driving (650 Views)

Drunk Policeman Falls Into The Gutter In Ibadan (Photos) / Photos Of Drunk Policeman Seen At Cele Bus-stop, Surulere / Oyo State Deputy Speaker In Drunk Driving (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obama Uncle Arrested For Drunk-driving by Excelboi(m): 10:38am On Aug 30, 2011

US President Barack Obama's uncle has been arrested on suspicion of drinking and driving, authorities have said. Onyango Obama, 67, said he would call the White House to arrange bail, after being stopped on Friday in the US state of Massachusetts, says a police report. A half-brother of the president's late father, he is being held without bail, subject to an immigration order. Police said the Kenya native was arrested after driving through a stop sign and nearly hitting a police car. Mr Obama was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, negligent operation of a motor vehicle and failure to yield the right of way. 'Argumentative' He pleaded not guilty over the incident in the town of Framingham, about 20 miles (32km) outside the city of Boston. Framingham police officer Val Krishtal said in a written report that when stopped Mr Obama was slurring his speech and argumentative. "I explained to him that I narrowly avoided striking his vehicle, and he told me that he did not hear my tyres screeching so I was not being accurate," Mr Krishtal wrote in the report. According to the report, when taken to a police station and asked whether he wanted to make a telephone call to arrange bail, Mr Obama said: "I think I will call the White House." Mr Krishtal said Mr Obama had failed several breathalyser tests. In a court document, US Immigration and Customs Enforcement said it had previously made Onyango Obama the subject of a deportation order.

http://bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-14712656
Re: Obama Uncle Arrested For Drunk-driving by Excelboi(m): 10:40am On Aug 30, 2011
These Us police no even send at all! But for naija,i dnt think he will even get to the station of Jonathan uncle or any of his relative is in the same problem.
Re: Obama Uncle Arrested For Drunk-driving by Emmyk(m): 10:48am On Aug 30, 2011
The united states law is a respecter of of nobody. Great!The united states law is a respecter of of nobody. Great!
Re: Obama Uncle Arrested For Drunk-driving by redsun(m): 10:51am On Aug 30, 2011
Is there anything like drink driving in naija?
Re: Obama Uncle Arrested For Drunk-driving by Excelboi(m): 11:03am On Aug 30, 2011
redsun:

ofcourse,dnt under-estimate naija oh
Re: Obama Uncle Arrested For Drunk-driving by Afam4eva(m): 11:04am On Aug 30, 2011
Drunk driving in Nigeria? Even mad people drive in Nigeria. There's no discrimination of any sort.
Re: Obama Uncle Arrested For Drunk-driving by redsun(m): 11:15am On Aug 30, 2011
Even coach drivers ( luxury bus)get drunk in the full view their passengers,fellow workers and even the police before embarking on a long and dangerous journey in naija
Re: Obama Uncle Arrested For Drunk-driving by KnowAll(m): 11:23am On Aug 30, 2011

I remember once drinking too much and as high as a kite stumbling and staggering into the drivers sit of my car, the Nigerian Police officer attached to the joint did the honour of opening my car doors for me, all the time hailing me, “ oga u no go find us something”. me-sef true omo Naija gave them N30.00 for a job well done, I was piloted out of the joint like a king. All hail Naija!!!! shocked
Re: Obama Uncle Arrested For Drunk-driving by Tolulop001(f): 11:33am On Aug 30, 2011
LOL! The guy carry African mentality go US "Im going to call the White House" shior.
Re: Obama Uncle Arrested For Drunk-driving by redsun(m): 11:34am On Aug 30, 2011
The only time drink driving sink in to average nigerians as an offence is when they are caught highly p.issed on the wheel oversea.
Re: Obama Uncle Arrested For Drunk-driving by KnowAll(m): 11:42am On Aug 30, 2011
But let us call a spade a spade, drinking and driving at 67 is a disgrace to say the least. embarassed undecided
Re: Obama Uncle Arrested For Drunk-driving by redsun(m): 11:50am On Aug 30, 2011
Some people never grow up.

(1) (Reply)

Gaddafi Turns Grand Dad / Orji Lauds Nddc’s Free Medicare Programme / Of what value is a leader without secrete?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.