Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,335 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? (20445 Views)

NYSC: Wrong Name, Wrong Date Of Graduation / Photos Of Corper Ugwi Mary Martha Killed At AAU Graduation Party / We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by Sirchiboy: 1:54pm On Dec 15, 2022
PropertyScout:
Not everyone serves. You can get an exemption letter instead
was exempted due to age.
Any hope
Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Dec 15, 2022
nnadychuks:
I really like to join politics later… so there’s no hope? Cos I heard the minimum requirement is waec result
Be prepared to be dragged. Cos if you tender fake certificate, you may be one of those that ll be removed and jailed.
Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by Gohs: 1:55pm On Dec 15, 2022
Vote Peter Obi 2023. . .

Your japa plans will come to rest. . .

Because Nigeria will start improving by 2024 after he becomes president. . . grin

1 Like

Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by ejimatic: 1:55pm On Dec 15, 2022
nnadychuks:
Good day my people…

Pls is it a must that I must serve after completing my bsc? I don’t fancy that green khaki or working for a 33k monthly salary.

Don’t get me wrong o. last year I was excited to go for service b4 the major strike which lasted 8 months. By now I should’ve been done with anything school, but here I am in final year.

What are the disadvantages of not going for service? At least for someone who has japa plans
It is not a must
but remember your age as at the time of graduation is in the record of NYSC. So you can still come back and take part in the service even after 10 years. You must have seen rich people in the camp coming for the NYSC. They delayed it for some reasons and now they need the certificates possibly for political reasons

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Dec 15, 2022
No one will sue you for it, but don't try to contest for any elective position because your opponent will get you off the ballot paper with ease.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by Thomthom(m): 1:55pm On Dec 15, 2022
Bros how you want take japa what's the plan, I get interest... But 1st fulfil all righteousness 1st.. 1 year no go kill u...
Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by ednut1(m): 1:57pm On Dec 15, 2022
If you plan to work or aspire for a position in future its needed.
Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by stuffs2002: 1:57pm On Dec 15, 2022
Barrister Adebayo Shittu was disqualified from contesting as governor for not participating in NYSC

Kemi Adeosun was basically removed as minister of finance because she failed to participate in NYSC

No government or political party would field you for any elective or political position if you intentional failed to participate in NYSC

Most juicy private companies would not employ you without NYSC discharge certificate or exception certificate.

Cc: nnadychuks

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by iHateFraudsters: 1:58pm On Dec 15, 2022
ModCaller:

You can't just apply for exemption. There are very few grounds for exemption. If you don't meet any of them, you won't be exempted.

Also, without exemption or NYSC, you are legally forbidden from working in any Nigerian establishment with your degree or hnd. That company will be in trouble if caught

you are legally forbidden from working in any Nigerian GOVERNMENT establishment with your degree or hnd

Corrected
Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by Streetmovement(m): 1:59pm On Dec 15, 2022
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Not mandatory but somehow necessary
Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by Pells1: 2:01pm On Dec 15, 2022
Sweetplum:

It's compulsory.
National Youth Service Corps is a way of seeing Nigeria at our youth level. Most counties in the world v theirs. I can recall South Korea, their own is to serve in the military.
So...when one avoids NYSC, the person shouldn't join politics. As someone said above, some private companies won't employ you sef.
No excuse for skipping NYSC except on age ground. Someone over 30 years can't do it. Meaning if you are 30 before graduation.
Illiterate giving advice
Stick to hookup
Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by Venom11(m): 2:01pm On Dec 15, 2022
Lanretoye:
If u are in your final year and still asking this kind of question then you should go back to year 1.
Spot on... Brr
Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by Babastrong(m): 2:02pm On Dec 15, 2022
[quote author=abuja007 post=119152033]NYSC can be avoided completely at your own risk because you cannot hold any government office and some private companies might not employ you without it.

No one knows tomorrow. Today you might not think of working for FG but in a few years time opportunity will come and the lack of NYSC will disqualify you.

[ Haha why are you saying what you don't know. My elder brother graduated from UI and he didn't do nysc on age ground. He was accountant of our local government and current chairman of the same LGA. Who told you that you can't hold any government office?]
Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by chinex11(m): 2:03pm On Dec 15, 2022
nnadychuks:
I really like to join politics later… so there’s no hope? Cos I heard the minimum requirement is waec result
Anything is possible in Nigeria but just recently we saw the removal of a minister with the fact that she is a graduate and she didn't serve Nigeria. last last just close eye do am, I made that decision and rn I am two months out. E go be like film for your eye

1 Like

Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by Deew22: 2:03pm On Dec 15, 2022
Pells1:

Illiterate giving advice
Stick to hookup

Why call him illetrate?
That's the best and most accurate advice given to OP...
Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by ModCaller: 2:03pm On Dec 15, 2022
iHateFraudsters:

you are legally forbidden from working in any Nigerian GOVERNMENT establishment with your degree or hnd

Corrected

Wrong. Not only government establishments.

Any establishment in Nigeria. Do your research. That's why reputable firms in Nigeria demand for NYSC because they need to be on the right side of the law.

Some people forge exemption letter or NYSC certificate to work in some of these private establishments.
Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by EbenezerTriumph: 2:04pm On Dec 15, 2022
iHateFraudsters:
It's not by force to serve.
You can apply for exemption.
On the other hand, you can just use your WAEC result for politics.
No stress yourself.
exemption can only be granted if he's over 30
Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by Babastrong(m): 2:06pm On Dec 15, 2022
[quote author=Gohs post=119177010]Vote Peter Obi 2023. . .

Your japa plans will come to rest. . .

Because Nigeria will start improving by 2024 after he becomes president. . . grin[ Obi can never rule nigeria, he may become the presidient of biafra. A nigerian must govern nigerians. Not a biafran over nigerians.]
Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by EbenezerTriumph: 2:06pm On Dec 15, 2022
Sirchiboy:

I was exempted due to age. Any hope
what levels are you now? have you passed the mobilisation stage? I can still help you cos I'm over 30 and qualified to serve

1 Like

Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by stuffs2002: 2:08pm On Dec 15, 2022
iHateFraudsters:
It's not by force to serve.

You can apply for exemption.

On the other hand, you can just use your WAEC result for politics.

No stress yourself.

Wrong advice

His exception would not be approved if he is not qualified

Using his WAEC would still amount to nothing as it would be proved that he intentionally absented himself after he was mobilized for NYSC

Cc: nnadychuks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by ModCaller: 2:08pm On Dec 15, 2022
iHateFraudsters:

Corrected

Simple Google search

Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by Sirchiboy: 2:10pm On Dec 15, 2022
EbenezerTriumph:
what levels are you now?
have you passed the mobilisation stage?
I can still help you cos I'm over 30 and qualified to serve
I have taken my exemption letter Sir
Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by Angelfrost(m): 2:11pm On Dec 15, 2022
They ought to make it voluntary, and not mandatory!

...And people should actually have a say where they wish to be posted!!!

Why should the best of us from the South be sent as lamb for sacrifice to the far North?!! It makes no sense!

Whatever purpose it was designed for (national unity) has long been defeated!!! The scheme is uniting no one!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by Treasuredgift(f): 2:12pm On Dec 15, 2022
Except you have no desire of working in any Govt parastatals.

I also didnt want to, but it came at a time when Joblessness and brokeness wanted to pkai me.

So I decided that the 33k could do, for that moment.
It is well.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by Fearyourcreator: 2:12pm On Dec 15, 2022
EbenezerTriumph:
what levels are you now?
have you passed the mobilisation stage?
I can still help you cos I'm over 30 and qualified to serve
Eh
Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by phemmyfour: 2:12pm On Dec 15, 2022
nnadychuks:
Good day my people…

Pls is it a must that I must serve after completing my bsc? I don’t fancy that green khaki or working for a 33k monthly salary.

Don’t get me wrong o. last year I was excited to go for service b4 the major strike which lasted 8 months. By now I should’ve been done with anything school, but here I am in final year.

What are the disadvantages of not going for service? At least for someone who has japa plans
You're not qualify for a government job and in other private establishments
Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by chloride6: 2:13pm On Dec 15, 2022
The law says so...
Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by stuffs2002: 2:13pm On Dec 15, 2022
Sirchiboy:

I was exempted due to age.
Any hope

You don't have any problem. You would get exception certificate which would still count as the NYSC certificate.

Those who would likely run into trouble are those who intentionally refused to go for NYSC after they have been mobilized
Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by Venom11(m): 2:14pm On Dec 15, 2022
iHateFraudsters:

Corrected
Well it's a stwupid law, very stupid, I repeat again extremely very stwupid. If you needed the best it should be inclusive overall
My question is what is the instrinic importance of nysc? Y do we undergo the service. What is the benefits of nysc as a program in itself.. So far the reason everyone is doing it is becus of future 50/80k job coated with feable securities of a lying govt.. Whereas in reality civil servants are miserable, thieves and prob. The most currupt people in nigeria, on top of that the fg said there are no jobs, reality check.
No forget bubu has no certificate.. Or so.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by Venom11(m): 2:14pm On Dec 15, 2022
stuffs2002:

You don't have any problem. You would get exception certificate which would still count as the NYSC certificate.

Those who would likely run into trouble are those who intentionally refused to go for NYSC after they have been mobilized

What kinda of trouble plz?
Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by stuffs2002: 2:15pm On Dec 15, 2022
Benekkk:
Time to scrap the useless NYSC program, one of the schemes being used to milk Nigeria’s resources dry! Is the nation more united as a result? Do the children of the privileged serve? How many ministers have been found to have evaded service? The ones killed by bandits or kidnapped due to “security” didn’t they die/suffer for nothing? Shame!

It's not a useless program

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Alawe Increment How True? / How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? / A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.