Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? (20455 Views)

NYSC: Wrong Name, Wrong Date Of Graduation / Photos Of Corper Ugwi Mary Martha Killed At AAU Graduation Party / We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Dec 15, 2022
Pells1:

Illiterate giving advice
Stick to hookup
How old are you?
Have you done your NYSC?
I know you ll fail the two questions
Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by Sirchiboy: 2:15pm On Dec 15, 2022
stuffs2002:

You don't have any problem. You would get exception certificate which would still count as the NYSC certificate.

Those who would likely run into trouble are those who intentionally refused to go for NYSC after they have been mobilized

Unable to get work because of age factor.
All the work is for people under 30
Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by Fisiryorh(m): 2:16pm On Dec 15, 2022
Hell NO coz I actually have 2 B.sc's and I have not served....

All of my jobs and current job has been high end one's..

Just know people that know people and thee shall be alright...
Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by phemmyfour: 2:16pm On Dec 15, 2022
Sirchiboy:

I was exempted due to age.
Any hope
You are either exempted due to age or you do the service.
Certificates are issued to exempted candidates

You're covered
Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by Henrikjay: 2:16pm On Dec 15, 2022
nnadychuks:
Good day my people…

Pls is it a must that I must serve after completing my bsc? I don’t fancy that green khaki or working for a 33k monthly salary.

Don’t get me wrong o. last year I was excited to go for service b4 the major strike which lasted 8 months. By now I should’ve been done with anything school, but here I am in final year.

What are the disadvantages of not going for service? At least for someone who has japa plans

(NYSC) is the first step of working Experience and included under the “Work Experience” section in your CV. ... NYSC is not part of your education its a service that trains you to await and ready for employment cause you have got some experience ..for that one year of NYSC service.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by Sirchiboy: 2:18pm On Dec 15, 2022
Sweetplum:

How old are you?
Have you done your NYSC?
I know you ll fail the two questions

Why are they attacking you?
Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by TheNiceGuy(m): 2:18pm On Dec 15, 2022
I was actually looking for this in your statement, boom it appeared.

If you intend joining Politics, it's MANDATORY you serve as far as you're within that statutory age.

The immediate past minister of information and communication, Adebayo Shittu, check what disqualified him from governorship race, it's this same issue.

An observation, WAEC won't be the least requirement for Political office holder soon, so get your mind off WAEC..
The bill to upgrade to degree has already been passed by the lawmakers if I can still remember
nnadychuks:
I really like to join politics later… so there’s no hope? Cos I heard the minimum requirement is waec result

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by Sirchiboy: 2:19pm On Dec 15, 2022
Fisiryorh:
Hell NO coz I actually have 2 B.sc's and I have not served....

All of my jobs and current job has been high end one's..

Just know people that know people and thee shall be alright...
Bro connect me biko
Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by stuffs2002: 2:20pm On Dec 15, 2022
Venom11:

What kinda of trouble plz?

Not serious trouble ooo

It's just that he would be disqualified easily from juicy jobs and political positions without NYSC certificate or exception letter
Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by equity1(m): 2:21pm On Dec 15, 2022
iHateFraudsters:
It's not by force to serve.

You can apply for exemption.

On the other hand, you can just use your WAEC result for politics.

No stress yourself.
I don't think this is a good advise for the following reasons.
1 one can only apply for exemption if at the time of his/her graduation he/she is above 30years.
2 Using Waec to join politics: Remember constitution can be amended at anytime. What if tomorrow there constitution amendments that forbid a WAEC holder from contesting election . Secondly, what if you have opportunity to become a minister, can you bring your Waec when others have Bsc , master degree and PhD?
My advice is, he should go and serve to avoid had I know on future .

1 Like

Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by stuffs2002: 2:21pm On Dec 15, 2022
Sirchiboy:
Unable to get work because of age factor.
All the work is for people under 30

I understand now. Age is a factor for entry level positions in most companies

You could try to pick up some work skills and start applying for experienced positions
Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by Bencolink: 2:24pm On Dec 15, 2022
Not a must to serve... Apply for exception if u don't to want to serve.
Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by Sirchiboy: 2:25pm On Dec 15, 2022
stuffs2002:

I understand now. Age is a factor for entry level positions in most companies

You could try to pick up some work skills and start applying for experienced positions

Thank you
Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by nesgeeek(m): 2:28pm On Dec 15, 2022
I'm currently serving in Kaduna. Be fast to join me let's Serve our beloved country Nigeria.
Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by Venom11(m): 2:31pm On Dec 15, 2022
stuffs2002:

Not serious trouble ooo

It's just that he would be disqualified easily from juicy jobs and political positions without NYSC certificate or exception letter
Juicy keh.. Like in the Civil service??
Point to one juicy Nigeria job, that NYSC can guarantee? Bear in mind Buhari has none... Just and his is even politics.
We have bn used to this lie a long time.. It guarantees nothing, if majority of the youth educated) are jobless and paid pastries,
It guarantees nothing if the majority of the Civil servant are miserable and still not pensionable"
It guarantees nothing when people without it are plenty in govt... With fakes, think am well
The only thing NYSC cert guarantees, is an oblivion of the mind that.. As window of opportunity. That never really add up in reality
I believe if I should give the govt 1yr of my life, the benefit must start that same... Anything else is a scam..
Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by Metrofox(m): 2:36pm On Dec 15, 2022
Which kind English be this serf?
Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by Venom11(m): 2:40pm On Dec 15, 2022
Henrikjay:

(NYSC) is the first step of working Experience and included under the “Work Experience” section in your CV. ... NYSC is not part of your education its a service that trains you to await and ready for employment cause you have got some experience ..for that one year of NYSC service.

Thats not true, school, IT, internships, etc are prob the first to working experiences...
If NYSC is not part of our education then further justify my claim, but then why do we go 2 orientation camp with plenty courses of skill introductions or so
How do they train people for future employment roles, it's an open secret that more than 80percent of student undergoing NYSC are bn dumped in old secondary schools.. Na yu are not correct.. Sir

1 Like

Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by Herrmes: 2:41pm On Dec 15, 2022
ModCaller:

You can't just apply for exemption. There are very few grounds for exemption. If you don't meet any of them, you won't be exempted.

Also, without exemption or NYSC, you are legally forbidden from working in any Nigerian establishment with your degree or hnd. That company will be in trouble if caught
all this plenty talk for nigeria where me and you know? lol

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by saintruky(m): 2:45pm On Dec 15, 2022
Omo since i graduate i never reason nysc o... Clearance sef i never do... I say make school hold d result first till i need am
Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by Venom11(m): 2:46pm On Dec 15, 2022
Metrofox:
Which kind English be this serf?
No vex na typo and bad education.. But if yu get the point.. Bless up
Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by VULCAN(m): 2:47pm On Dec 15, 2022
After kids and foreign degrees, my mum returned at over 40 and did her full 1yr NYSC.

Ignore small thinkers and people who avoid risk.

Japa ASAP and come back when you are big and do it.

Don't be like the criminal Kemi Adeosun who bought fake exemption even though she was unqualified for it.

Prepare your mind.

One year rushes fast and you can determine your posting to a state of your choice.

QED

nnadychuks:
Good day my people…

Pls is it a must that I must serve after completing my bsc? I don’t fancy that green khaki or working for a 33k monthly salary.

Don’t get me wrong o. last year I was excited to go for service b4 the major strike which lasted 8 months. By now I should’ve been done with anything school, but here I am in final year.

What are the disadvantages of not going for service? At least for someone who has japa plans

1 Like

Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by Godsown0: 2:54pm On Dec 15, 2022
Onpoint! What about those that decided to wait after nysc camp, can they continue from their ppa later or they need to reapply for orientations again?
ejimatic:
It is not a must
but remember your age as at the time of graduation is in the record of NYSC. So you can still come back and take part in the service even after 10 years. You must have seen rich people in the camp coming for the NYSC. They delayed it for some reasons and now they need the certificates possibly for political reasons
Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by ejimatic: 3:00pm On Dec 15, 2022
Godsown0:
Onpoint! What about those that decided to wait after nysc camp, can they continue from their ppa later or they need to reapply for orientations again?
By attending Orientation Program and giving PPA yiu are in the service year. Some however for some reasons abandon the program. That means they are coming back for the service. Remember the case iof Davido..Finally you can have an agreement with your CLO and ZI if yiu can continue again.They may cover you with some conditions so that you can be away and come back later for your signing out program
Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by ModCaller: 3:08pm On Dec 15, 2022
Herrmes:
all this plenty talk for nigeria where me and you know? lol

Abi
Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by Coldie(m): 3:11pm On Dec 15, 2022
If u want to serve, if u come from go to a city, why if are from a city make sure u do anything to go to a village.

I learnt how to swim during my nysc in a village in delta, nysc is so sweet u won’t understand this until u leave

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by Godsown0: 3:25pm On Dec 15, 2022
So true! Now i wish i can go back to my nysc orientation camp, e sweet tho we hated it then
Coldie:
If u want to serve, if u come from a village so anytime to go to a city, why if are from a city make sure u do anything to go to a village.

I learnt how to swim during my nysc in a village in delta, nysc is so sweet u won’t understand this until u leave
Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by Jsucre(m): 3:40pm On Dec 15, 2022
God use the scheme to bless me. NYSC nagode.
Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by GloriousGbola: 3:43pm On Dec 15, 2022
ednut1:
If you plan to work or aspire for a position in future its needed.

Kemi adesoun in the chat
Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by Toktee(m): 3:44pm On Dec 15, 2022
EbenezerTriumph:
what levels are you now?
have you passed the mobilisation stage?
I can still help you cos I'm over 30 and qualified to serve
I am in my final yr now, any way out?
Age wise.
Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by Gohs: 3:47pm On Dec 15, 2022
[quote author=Babastrong post=119177285][/quote]

OBI is still a Nigerian and he will rule over Nigerians in 2023. . .
Come rain come shine grin
Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by yean1(m): 3:51pm On Dec 15, 2022
You may likely be disqualified. Look into Adebayo Shittu of Oyo state APC as a case study.
Re: Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? by omonnakoda: 4:34pm On Dec 15, 2022
lansile:
No one will sue you for it, but don't try to contest for any elective position because your opponent will get you off the ballot paper with ease.
Did Tinubu serve?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Alawe Increment How True? / How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? / A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.