Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,236 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

How Do U Feel About A Friend/family Member Who Sends Gifts But Doesn't Show Up? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do U Feel About A Friend/family Member Who Sends Gifts But Doesn't Show Up? (780 Views)

She Is A Lesbian But Doesn't Want To Lose Him (photo) / She Wants Me To Buy Her 66k Phone, But Doesn't Want Me To Touch Her / My Girlfriend Masturbates But Doesn't Want To Have Sex Very (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do U Feel About A Friend/family Member Who Sends Gifts But Doesn't Show Up? by sirjamesjnr(m): 3:14pm On Dec 14, 2022
My question is simple: how do you handle a friend or family member who won't attend your ceremony—be it a birthday, wedding, or burial—but only sends gifts and presents?
A friend of mine recently laid their father to rest. I agree to go to the funeral but I decide not to at eleven hours. I send him a wire transfer of money. He was shocked by the amount I sent him, but I think going there in person would have been preferable.
Please understand that it has nothing to do with ego on my part, but I rarely go to events unless they are academic or work-related.

I've only been to two weddings in my entire life. Last year, my girl had to drag me to a wedding.

How do you feel about a friend or family member who sends gifts but doesn't show up to your event?

1 Like

Re: How Do U Feel About A Friend/family Member Who Sends Gifts But Doesn't Show Up? by sirjamesjnr(m): 3:43pm On Dec 14, 2022
sirjamesjnr:
My question is simple: how do you handle a friend or family member who won't attend your ceremony—be it a birthday, wedding, or burial—but only sends gifts and presents?
A friend of mine recently laid their father to rest. I agree to go to the funeral but I decide not to at eleven hours. I send him a wire transfer of money. He was shocked by the amount I sent him, but I think going there in person would have been preferable.
Please understand that it has nothing to do with ego on my part, but I rarely go to events unless they are academic or work-related.

I've only been to two weddings in my entire life. Last year, my girl had to drag me to a wedding.

How do you feel about a friend or family member who sends gifts but doesn't show up to your event?
Due to rumors that I feel too large to attend events or eat in people's homes, two of my closest friends have sworn they will never go to any ceremonies I may have in the future. This worries me.
I'm not bothered by their absence from any of my events, but how does it affect things if I show up?

1 Like

Re: How Do U Feel About A Friend/family Member Who Sends Gifts But Doesn't Show Up? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Dec 14, 2022
I don't see anything wrong with someone not showing up, but sending gifts.

1 Like

Re: How Do U Feel About A Friend/family Member Who Sends Gifts But Doesn't Show Up? by Pells: 4:04pm On Dec 14, 2022
Samantha123:
I don't see anything wrong with someone not showing up, but sending gifts.
You are not different from other girls
Prefer gift than the actual person
You are a bronzedigger

3 Likes

Re: How Do U Feel About A Friend/family Member Who Sends Gifts But Doesn't Show Up? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 14, 2022
Okay.
Pells:

You are not different from other girls
Prefer gift than the actual person
You are a bronzedigger

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do U Feel About A Friend/family Member Who Sends Gifts But Doesn't Show Up? by Streetmovement(m): 4:14pm On Dec 14, 2022
Wotoporiously cool speaking

For various reasons ain't seen nothing wrong

I rarely go to occasions too
Re: How Do U Feel About A Friend/family Member Who Sends Gifts But Doesn't Show Up? by sirjamesjnr(m): 4:25pm On Dec 14, 2022
Streetmovement:

For various reasons ain't seen anything wrong

I rarely go to occasions too
I am not always comfortable with too many people and an eye on your kind of stuff. I sometimes club but it is always exclusive. We Nigerian are too emotional in nature, I did see this as a big deal.

2 Likes

Re: How Do U Feel About A Friend/family Member Who Sends Gifts But Doesn't Show Up? by Bouncing2(m): 4:29pm On Dec 14, 2022
It creates tension between the two..

Dad was much like that (sending gifts and all that while in absentia embarassed).

It made me a LONER!! (I don't get along with mum either).

They're great parents you'd love to have anyway,, but i wanna be there for my boy or gal (whenever God sends 'em)
Re: How Do U Feel About A Friend/family Member Who Sends Gifts But Doesn't Show Up? by Streetmovement(m): 4:31pm On Dec 14, 2022
sirjamesjnr:
I am not always comfortable with too many people and an eye on your kind of stuff. I sometimes club but it is always exclusive. We Nigerian are too emotional in nature, I did see this as a big deal.

Can only be a big deal if I'm available, got the means but I choose not to be present, but otherwise it's no big deal for me and I'm never concern about what the next man or woman things if I eventually show up
Re: How Do U Feel About A Friend/family Member Who Sends Gifts But Doesn't Show Up? by sirjamesjnr(m): 4:44pm On Dec 14, 2022
Bouncing2:
It creates tension between the two.

Dad was much like that (sending gifts and all that while in absentiaembarassed).

It made me a LONER!! (I don't get along with mum either).

They're great parents you'd love to have anyway, but I wanna be there for my boy or gal (whenever God sends ''em)
I don't know how to do it, but my babe suggested that I go out more and meet some people. I'm a very friendly person, but I don't make many friends.

1 Like

Re: How Do U Feel About A Friend/family Member Who Sends Gifts But Doesn't Show Up? by Nonexisting1: 5:11pm On Dec 14, 2022
Uncle, you need to leave your hole and be going out once in a while. At least attend few events and socialize with other men. No be only to cling to your girlfriend all the time. By the way, una two done do this girlfriend thing for too long now, have you no plans of marrying her? You can talk to me.

Re: How Do U Feel About A Friend/family Member Who Sends Gifts But Doesn't Show Up? by sirjamesjnr(m): 5:23pm On Dec 14, 2022
Nonexisting1:
Uncle, you need to leave your home and be going out once in a while. At least attend a few events and socialize with other men. No, we only cling to your girlfriend all the time. By the way, una two done do this girlfriend thing for too long now, have you no plans of marrying her? You can talk to me.
. My babe is a career woman, so we will have to wait a little longer, online inlaw. I'm a part of various professional groups where thoughts and helpful information are discussed, so as far as meeting men goes. I'm not much of a social person. Last but not least, how do I gum body with my girlfriend when she is in Lagos and I am in Abuja?
Re: How Do U Feel About A Friend/family Member Who Sends Gifts But Doesn't Show Up? by Nonexisting1: 5:47pm On Dec 14, 2022
sirjamesjnr:
. My babe is a career woman, so we will have to wait a little longer, online inlaw. I'm a part of various professional groups where thoughts and helpful information are discussed, so as far as meeting men goes. I'm not much of a social person. Last but not least, how do I gum body with my girlfriend when she is in Lagos and I am in Abuja?
Na career we go chop? Ngozi Okonjo no be career woman? Is she not married? What about Dora Akunyili? Peter Odili wife na Judge. She probably was just charge and bail lawyer at the time of marriage meaning she chased and caught her career while married. If una two just want to be committing fornication up and down, just say it instead of throwing career woman jargon on my face. angry
Re: How Do U Feel About A Friend/family Member Who Sends Gifts But Doesn't Show Up? by marlow1962(m): 5:53pm On Dec 14, 2022
I understand you, but no be everywhere person dy go, the world evil.
But if e get wertin I dy do and I invite u ( knwin fully we’ll say u dy around) and you no show up, e go pain me o cus I personally invite you. If say u no dy town, dat one na different case.
Re: How Do U Feel About A Friend/family Member Who Sends Gifts But Doesn't Show Up? by Bouncing2(m): 5:55pm On Dec 14, 2022
sirjamesjnr:
I don't know how to do it, but my babe suggested that I go out more and meet some people. I'm a very friendly person, but I don't make many friends.
That's surely the way forward,,
most times you ends up getting aquainted with this randy guys who gets you rocking on a high cool,,

Disadvantages are;
Your usual peace won't be assured.
Your conscience tends to be at war with your person whenever you treat people the same way they{most of this new friends} treat people in situations ,,, often times they do treat people poorly! angry.

cool
Re: How Do U Feel About A Friend/family Member Who Sends Gifts But Doesn't Show Up? by sirjamesjnr(m): 6:45pm On Dec 14, 2022
marlow1962:
I understand you, but no be everywhere person dy go, the world evil.
But if e get wertin I dy do and I invite u ( knwin fully we’ll say u dy around) and you no show up, e go pain me o cus I personally invite you. If say u no dy town, dat one na different case.
. I am kinda understand you. I know it fun having your paddy man grace your occasion but I prefer sending worthy gift than physical presence. I dislike too many eyes on me. I really don't know how I am going to change. I am going to marry a Yoruba girl like this and they like outings.
Re: How Do U Feel About A Friend/family Member Who Sends Gifts But Doesn't Show Up? by sirjamesjnr(m): 6:48pm On Dec 14, 2022
Nonexisting1:
Na career we go chop? Ngozi Okonjo no be career woman? Is she not married? What about Dora Akunyili? Peter Odili wife na Judge. She probably was just charge and bail lawyer at the time of marriage meaning she chased and caught her career while married. If una two just want to be committing fornication up and down, just say it instead of throwing career woman jargon on my face. angry
Baba I no dey bring my generation come this Nigeria, babe is still sitting some foreign exams until japa route is sure. We can't commit to marriage setting. Do you feel me?
Re: How Do U Feel About A Friend/family Member Who Sends Gifts But Doesn't Show Up? by sirjamesjnr(m): 6:51pm On Dec 14, 2022
Bouncing2:

That's surely the way forward,,
most times you ends up getting aquainted with this randy guys who gets you rocking on a high cool,,

Disadvantages are;
Your usual peace won't be assured.
Your conscience tends to be at war with your person whenever you treat people the same way they{most of this new friends} treat people in situations ,,, often times they do treat people poorly! angry.

cool
. I recently meet a guy at landmark Beach, that guy introduce me to Benin Republic weed. Good three days, I was just a funny guy.

1 Like

Re: How Do U Feel About A Friend/family Member Who Sends Gifts But Doesn't Show Up? by Nonexisting1: 7:01pm On Dec 14, 2022
sirjamesjnr:
Baba I no dey bring my generation come this Nigeria, babe is still sitting some foreign exams until japa route is sure. We can't commit to marriage setting. Do you feel me?
Okay brother, fucck on then. Here na jungle but we no dey go anywhere. If I don't make it here where I am free, no be for abroad I go make am, abroad where they regulate where and when I go piss.
Re: How Do U Feel About A Friend/family Member Who Sends Gifts But Doesn't Show Up? by Lilsameey: 7:14pm On Dec 14, 2022
sirjamesjnr:
Senior man, be careful of the bolded.
Re: How Do U Feel About A Friend/family Member Who Sends Gifts But Doesn't Show Up? by tayo60(f): 7:57pm On Dec 14, 2022
Just know that if you continue to give excuse of not attending people's party, when it's your turn, people won't come too.
Re: How Do U Feel About A Friend/family Member Who Sends Gifts But Doesn't Show Up? by sirjamesjnr(m): 8:05pm On Dec 14, 2022
tayo60:
Just know that if you continue to give excuse of not attending people's party, when it's your turn, people won't come too.
. Well in life, we can't have it all, but I am willing to adjust if need be.
Re: How Do U Feel About A Friend/family Member Who Sends Gifts But Doesn't Show Up? by sirjamesjnr(m): 8:06pm On Dec 14, 2022
Lilsameey:
Senior man, be careful of the bolded.
. I like taking calculated risks.
Re: How Do U Feel About A Friend/family Member Who Sends Gifts But Doesn't Show Up? by marlow1962(m): 10:58pm On Dec 14, 2022
sirjamesjnr:
. I am kinda understand you. I know it fun having your paddy man grace your occasion but I prefer sending worthy gift than physical presence. I dislike too many eyes on me. I really don't know how I am going to change. I am going to marry a Yoruba girl like this and they like outings.

Normally for marriage no be everybody dy come, if you no want package am make all eyes dy on u, una fit do am strictly invitation, your partner fit no buy d idea sha.
Re: How Do U Feel About A Friend/family Member Who Sends Gifts But Doesn't Show Up? by Bouncing2(m): 3:35pm On Dec 16, 2022
sirjamesjnr:
. I recently meet a guy at landmark Beach, that guy introduce me to Benin Republic weed. Good three days, I was just a funny guy.
grin grin
Enjoy your new adventure man! wink
Enjoy the obvious dramas involved cool
Re: How Do U Feel About A Friend/family Member Who Sends Gifts But Doesn't Show Up? by SyrusdeHansome(m): 3:49pm On Dec 16, 2022
U're just like me. Since i was born av only attended 4 funerals nd two weddings. Funerals of My grand dad, grand mom nd two of my uncles, my aunty's nd one of our choir members' wedding

(1) (Reply)

Please Can Someone Help Me Solve This Problem? / My Ex Said This And What I Told Her Got Her In Deep Thoughts… / Who Do You Think Will Be A Better Spouse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.