Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,765 members, 7,820,669 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers - Jobs/Vacancies (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers (62847 Views)

United Kingdom Begins Process For Recruiting Nigerian Teachers / Apply Now: Japanese Government Scholarship For Nigerian Teachers / Salaries Of Nigerian Teachers And Their Perceived Lack Of Competence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by ALFADOS(m): 3:24pm On Feb 02, 2023
greenermodels:
Nigeria has been listed among African countries whose citizens can now apply for qualified teacher status through the Teaching Regulation Agency in the United Kingdom, from February 2023.

Other foreign countries which the offer extends to include Ghana, Hong Kong, India, Jamaica, Singapore, South Africa, Ukraine and Zimbabwe.

A publication early December on the UK government’s website, by its Department for Education, announced the application for interested non-UK nationals.

The PUNCH reports that the applicants do not even necessarily require initial teaching qualifications as the country offers a training programme for the potential migrants.

The notice read, “From February 1, 2023, teachers who qualified in the following nine countries (listed above) will also be able to apply to the QTR through the TRA.

“This change is part of the launch of a new service.

“Teachers from all eligible countries will have to show they meet a consistent set of criteria for the award of the QTS. Over time, this route will be opened to qualified teachers from every country outside the UK.

“To apply for assessment – only QTS, you do not need a formal teacher training qualification.

“However, you must have: a minimum of two years teaching experience, a first (bachelor’s) degree from a UK or non-UK university, an English language qualification which is the same standard as a grade four General Certificate of Secondary Education, a maths qualification which is the same standard as a grade four GCSE to teach children aged three to 11 in primary school, a physics, chemistry or biology (science) qualification which is the same standard as a grade four GCSE.”

https://punchng.com/uk-opens-door-for-nigerian-teachers/
How do i have access the application portal please
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by deholly99: 7:53am On Feb 03, 2023
Contact me for your UK teacher application

Free consultation free details no time to waste time
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by adigun27: 10:45am On Feb 03, 2023
Add me 08131816198
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by deholly99: 12:13pm On Feb 03, 2023

Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Emacodon: 2:49pm On Feb 03, 2023
pls add me to Whatsapp group 09067162797
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by fattech: 3:48pm On Feb 03, 2023
My degree is Bachelor of Science Education in Agricultural Science and Higher National Diploma in Animal Health and Production.
I want to confirm if I am qualified because the site stated that only people with a degree in science are qualified.
I have been teaching Agric Science for four years in a public secondary school.

Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Ocool: 6:30pm On Feb 03, 2023
deholly99:

What's there to contact you for? Put everything you know can assist here for all to see.

@all, don't mind this guy o. Everything you need is on their website and it's straight forward.

The following is the link. Read all the information there after checking your eligibility and you are good to go.

https://apply-for-qts-in-england.education.gov.uk/eligibility/start

If you are truly a teacher and you have to contact someone to do this simple thing for you, that means you are not a teacher in the first place.

3 Likes

Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Cedar4u: 9:21am On Feb 04, 2023
I believe a BSc in science education will fly. So give it a try. But you will need a reference letter from the school you teach
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Nwanna2588: 11:54am On Feb 04, 2023
You have posted what has unwittingly supported my stance. How can some people be deriving joy in extorting others? We are all graduates pursuing an agenda and now somebody took a different dimension that he can now help us do it better. The first question is if he is among the British team that will come to Nigeria on that day. Bet me he is not. Does he know any of the personnel that will come? The answer is still no. So why claim to help others?
Few things are as annoying as this. I pity those graduates that still fall for such. Before this, there was an agent that was charging N5,000 consultation fees for filling out forms for the job. This is even when candidates did not know whether their course of study is among them. Even though many have been duped in the past, they are still many who have not learnt their lesson.
I know of an insider among the team that is in charge of this in the UK. The last time I chatted with him if he can make the trip to Nigeria. His answer was maybe. Meaning that he is not sure and now somebody in Nigeria is claiming he can do it. I am overwhelmed by a feeling of dubiety. I am not sure this guy can do it. The UK system is not the Nigerian system anything can go.
Before now, there was an assurance that it is thrown open to every graduate now we can see that it is strictly for made' teachers.
Only God knows whether those that have earlier paid N5,000 are refunded. Extorting others is frowned upon in other places but here it is not.

Ocool:

What's there to contact you for? Put everything you know can assist here for all to see.

@all, don't mind this guy o. Everything you need is on their website and itstraightforwardard.

The following is the link. Read all the information there after checking your eligibility and you are good to go.

https://apply-for-qts-in-england.education.gov.uk/eligibility/start

If you are truly a teacher and you have to contact someone to do this simple thing for you, that means you are not a teacher in the first place.

1 Like

Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by TinaJoe(f): 5:59pm On Feb 05, 2023
mrmichael1:
QTS is open.
Mostly for science teachers, Maths, Physics, Chemistry especially,
Get your TRCN cert and delve into it.
You can get a letter from your uni to prove your were taught in English so no need for English test.
Mind you, teaching in UK is not the same as Naija o
To be forewarned is to be forearmed.
A word is enough for the wise.
Congrats to the qualified teachers.

Can one use national ID in place of international passport to register?
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Acquiredollars(m): 6:59pm On Feb 06, 2023
UK government is not asking for a degree in Education. A teaching qualification means as defined on their website; any qualification above UK level 6 qualification. Your University degree can stand in for this. There are some qualifications that are UK level 6 qualification, but not a University degree. Hence, if your qualification is not a University degree, you'll be unable to proceed with application.

Also, UK government isn't seeking for your TRCN Certificate to proceed with the application. You're not required to submit your TRCN Certificate during the application process please.

However, to get the letter of professional standing, you'll need to submit your TRCN Certificate/TRCN Certificate number before the letter can be issued/written. You'll be unable to write the Professional Qualifying Exam (PQE) if you don't have a teaching qualification (NCE/PGDE or degrees in Education).

1 Like

Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by TinaJoe(f): 7:28pm On Feb 06, 2023
Acquiredollars:
UK government is not asking for a degree in Education. A teaching qualification means as defined on their website; any qualification above UK level 6 qualification. Your University degree can stand in for this. There are some qualifications that are UK level 6 qualification, but not a University degree. Hence, if your qualification is not a University degree, you'll be unable to proceed with application.

Also, UK government isn't seeking for your TRCN Certificate to proceed with the application. You're not required to submit your TRCN Certificate during the application process please.

However, to get the letter of professional standing, you'll need to submit your TRCN Certificate/TRCN Certificate number before the letter can be issued/written. You'll be unable to write the Professional Qualifying Exam (PQE) if you don't have a teaching qualification (NCE/PGDE or degrees in Education).

Pls throw more light on the last paragraph,
Where do we submit our TRCN cert No so that th letter of professional standing can be issued to us?
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Acquiredollars(m): 5:59pm On Feb 07, 2023
TinaJoe:

Where do we submit our TRCN cert No so that th letter of professional standing can be issued to us?

Visit any State office, you'll be guided on what to do.

1 Like

Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Trone: 6:32pm On Feb 07, 2023
I spoke with someone at the TRCN office in Abuja, he said we will need the TRCN certificate and TRCN license to process the letter of professional standing.
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Ocool: 6:41pm On Feb 07, 2023
TinaJoe:

After checking your eligibility, the website will show you how to request for your letter of professional standing.

Email for Request for Letter of Professional Standing after submitting your application: Lops@trcn.gov.ng

1 Like

Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Trone: 7:55am On Feb 08, 2023
Ocool:

After checking your eligibility, the website will show you how to request for your letter of professional standing.

Email for Request for Letter of Professional Standing after submitting your application: Lops@trcn.gov.ng
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by aromaticmassage: 7:55am On Feb 09, 2023
I saw in their website that only science subject Teachers are needed. Please is social studies, educational psychology part of science subject in the UK? Someone should educate me please

1 Like

Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Pejajure(f): 8:08pm On Feb 10, 2023
I also want to know if graduates of agriculture can apply.
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by yemzone(m): 10:06pm On Feb 10, 2023
Ocool:
Application has now been opened to Nigerian teachers just some minutes ago.

Congratulations to all science teachers in advance.

Note TRCN confirmation is very compulsory and you will need to pay 60k to TRCN for that.

Also, you won't be able to apply if you don't have a university degree. Holding only NCE and grade two alone will not qualify you.

Finally, you need a proof of English from your university.

Wish you all the best.
Hi, can a teacher with B.A English apply?
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Acquiredollars(m): 5:52pm On Feb 11, 2023
yemzone:

Hi, can a teacher with B.A English apply?

B.A. English is recognized as a teaching qualification in the UK. The challenge is that you won't be allowed to write the PQE without a certificate in Education in Nigeria. Invariably, you can't apply!

1 Like

Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by yemzone(m): 6:13pm On Feb 11, 2023
Acquiredollars:

B.A. English is recognized as a teaching qualification in the UK. The challenge is that you won't be allowed to write the PQE without a certificate in Education in Nigeria. Invariably, you can't apply!
Okay, thanks.
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Nwanna2588: 6:54pm On Feb 11, 2023
In addition, you need to get PGDE to qualify you for TRCN. Then you are good to go.

Acquiredollars:

Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by SmileDance(f): 10:49pm On Feb 11, 2023
So in essence we need a pgde if we don't have education degree

2 Likes

Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Martin80: 10:58pm On Feb 11, 2023
Please can someone add me to any WhatsApp group to aid this uk teaching application. Thanks. 09163131379
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Ocool: 7:18am On Feb 12, 2023
Acquiredollars:

For now, English is NOT listed as one of the subjects that qualify for QTS in Nigeria even if you have PGDE. Only mathematics and science subjects are listed.

You can confirm this by checking your eligibility on this their website: https://apply-for-qts-in-england.education.gov.uk/eligibility/start.
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by bjnice(m): 4:44pm On Feb 12, 2023
mrmichael1:
QTS is open.
Mostly for science teachers, Maths, Physics, Chemistry especially,
Get your TRCN cert and delve into it.
You can get a letter from your uni to prove your were taught in English so no need for English test.
Mind you, teaching in UK is not the same as Naija o
To be forewarned is to be forearmed.
A word is enough for the wise.
Congrats to the qualified teachers.

If you are a graduate of the University of Ibadan. And you want to apply for English proficiency kindly contact me 07068412223.

1 Like

Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by TOM208: 6:40pm On Feb 12, 2023
I'm following proudly chemistry teacher
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Ocool: 3:19pm On Feb 18, 2023
Nwanna2588:

https:///HKwVOtWhkK28bzM5eOCj2R

It will expire in 24 hours

Drop the WhatsApp link again
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Nwanna2588: 3:35pm On Feb 18, 2023

24 hrs time only

Ocool:

Drop the WhatsApp link again
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Acquiredollars(m): 8:03pm On Feb 19, 2023
Nwanna2588:

24 hrs time only

Drop the WhatsApp link bro
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Ocool: 7:13am On Feb 20, 2023
Nwanna2588:

24 hrs time only

I clicked it within 24 hrs but it still didn't work. Kindly reshare.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Presidential Youth Empowerment Scheme P-YES: How To Register / This Is An Indian Company You Shouldn't Work For In Nigeria Because Of Racism / Dpr Is Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.