Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers - Jobs/Vacancies (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers (62894 Views)

United Kingdom Begins Process For Recruiting Nigerian Teachers / Apply Now: Japanese Government Scholarship For Nigerian Teachers / Salaries Of Nigerian Teachers And Their Perceived Lack Of Competence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Martin80: 8:19am On Feb 20, 2023
Finally, I have applied for my QTS. Got my reference number. Sent for my letter of professional standing from TRCN. Now waiting for my certificate. 😃🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Okwumokwum: 8:54am On Feb 20, 2023
Martin80:
Finally, I have applied for my QTS. Got my reference number. Sent for my letter of professional standing from TRCN. Now waiting for my certificate. 😃🤣🤣🤣

Pls site did u use to apply for the QTS.the site here is not opening
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Nwanna2588: 9:29am On Feb 20, 2023
Okwumokwum:

Pls site did u use to apply for the QTS.the site here is not opening

Post the site if true then it will be sent to you
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Ocool: 6:33am On Feb 21, 2023
Martin80:

Have you paid the 60k to TRCN for LOPS?
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Martin80: 6:26pm On Feb 21, 2023
Ocool:

Have you paid the 60k to TRCN for LOPS?

Yes!!!
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by mrmichael1(m): 6:49pm On Feb 21, 2023
TinaJoe:

Can one use national ID in place of international passport to register?

No
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Acquiredollars(m): 10:02pm On Feb 21, 2023
mrmichael1:

No

You can use your birth certificate in place of International passport
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by mualima: 8:03am On Feb 22, 2023
Nwanna2588:
https:///HKwVOtWhkK28bzM5eOCj2R

24 hrs time only

Please drop the link again. I'm also applying. Thanks.
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by mualima: 8:05am On Feb 22, 2023
Martin80:
Well done bro. Which state did you apply from? I mean which TRCN office. Can you walk is through the complete process of getting LoPs from TRCN. Thanks so much.
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Martin80: 11:57pm On Feb 22, 2023
mrmichael1:

No

One can actually use any other national ID, but the nationality and date of birth must be seen clearly on it.
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Martin80: 11:58pm On Feb 22, 2023
mualima:

Well done bro. Which state did you apply from? I mean which TRCN office. Can you walk is through the complete process of getting LoPs from TRCN. Thanks so much.

I applied online from Anambra state.
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Pejajure(f): 4:11pm On Feb 28, 2023
Please I need the WhatsApp group link
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Ogazyduby: 10:34am On Mar 05, 2023
Martin80:

Please, can we have the link you used?
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by AoA777: 4:25pm On Mar 05, 2023
Martin80:

Did you upload transcript?
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by jarmy: 8:05am On Mar 07, 2023
Me too. Someone should please send it.

Pejajure:
Please I need the WhatsApp group link
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Ogazyduby: 6:02am On Mar 08, 2023
1. I have only non-educational degree, can I take the TRCN/PQE?
2. If NO, then how long will it take me to get the fastest diploma in education?
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Pejajure(f): 10:06pm On Mar 08, 2023
[The PGDE is a 2 year sandwich program
quote author=Ogazyduby post=121563886]1. I have only non-educational degree, can I take the TRCN/PQE?
2. If NO, then how long will it take me to get the fastest diploma in education?[/quote]
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Pejajure(f): 10:07pm On Mar 08, 2023
No, you can't
Ogazyduby:
1. I have only non-educational degree, can I take the TRCN/PQE?
2. If NO, then how long will it take me to get the fastest diploma in education?
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Echrist(m): 11:03pm On Mar 08, 2023
Pls where is d link to apply...I have trcn and degree in education
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Ocool: 7:51am On Mar 10, 2023
Has anyone here been given the QTS?

It's like TRCN is delaying sending the LOPS. It's more than two weeks we submitted but no update and they're not responding to emails sent to them.
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Ge0grapher(m): 5:24pm On Mar 11, 2023
Nwanna2588:
Fellow teachers, a WhatsApp group has been created for this topic. If you are interested click on the link below to join:

Zeroeightzerosixtynineeighty47603

Only for serious candidates

Link not opening.. how do I join?
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Ge0grapher(m): 5:29pm On Mar 11, 2023
Ocool:
Application has now been opened to Nigerian teachers just some minutes ago.

Congratulations to all science teachers in advance.

Note TRCN confirmation is very compulsory and you will need to pay 60k to TRCN for that.

Also, you won't be able to apply if you don't have a university degree. Holding only NCE and grade two alone will not qualify you.

Finally, you need a proof of English from your university.

Wish you all the best.

Please are Nigerian geography teachers qualified ?
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Ge0grapher(m): 5:30pm On Mar 11, 2023
mrmichael1:
QTS is open.
Mostly for science teachers, Maths, Physics, Chemistry especially,
Get your TRCN cert and delve into it.
You can get a letter from your uni to prove your were taught in English so no need for English test.
Mind you, teaching in UK is not the same as Naija o
To be forewarned is to be forearmed.
A word is enough for the wise.
Congrats to the qualified teachers.

Is geography qualified?
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Ge0grapher(m): 5:33pm On Mar 11, 2023
Cedar4u:
I believe a BSc in science education will fly. So give it a try. But you will need a reference letter from the school you teach

Is Bsc in geography qualified?
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Ge0grapher(m): 5:38pm On Mar 11, 2023
Ocool:

For now, English is NOT listed as one of the subjects that qualify for QTS in Nigeria even if you have PGDE. Only mathematics and science subjects are listed.

You can confirm this by checking your eligibility on this their website: https://apply-for-qts-in-england.education.gov.uk/eligibility/start.

Is geography qualification accepted??
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by chinyereokafor7: 3:49pm On Mar 13, 2023
Martin80:
Pls how do I pay the 60k.i hv apply for my QTS. Got my reference number but hv not sent for my letter of professional standing from TRCN .how did you pay the 60k.pls enlighten me on how to go about this
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Debbyale: 1:55pm On Mar 14, 2023
Please I will like to know if one needs a transcript for the QTS.
Secondly , does anyone knows when the next TRCN exam will take place?
Please kindly respond if you have any candid response.
Thank you.
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Pejajure(f): 8:33pm On Mar 16, 2023
Debbyale:
Please I will like to know if one needs a transcript for the QTS.
Secondly , does anyone knows when the next TRCN exam will take place?
Please kindly respond if you have any candid response.
Thank you.

Yes, you require transcript.
Trcn exam is written twice a year,. I think April and October.
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Steveayo: 7:22am On Mar 18, 2023
chinyereokafor7:

Pls how do I pay the 60k.i hv apply for my QTS. Got my reference number but hv not sent for my letter of professional standing from TRCN .how did you pay the 60k.pls enlighten me on how to go about this
I need guidance pls. I have a non-teaching degree but already acquired a NTI PGDE. Do I need to provide transcript for the PGDE in the application too?
For your transcripts and proof of language, did you upload online by yourself or your institutions sent it over to UK DoE?

1 Like

Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Steveayo: 7:24am On Mar 18, 2023
Martin80:
I need guidance pls. I have a non-teaching degree but already acquired a NTI PGDE and a TRCN certificate. Do I need to provide transcript for the PGDE in the application too?
For your transcripts and proof of language, did you upload online by yourself or your institutions sent it over to UK DoE?
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Steveayo: 7:32am On Mar 18, 2023
Pls anyone in the house who has applied with a PGDE certificate, especially NTI awarded degree should kindly enlighten me if I need to supply the transcript

1 Like

Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Jflex07(m): 9:12pm On Mar 20, 2023
Acquiredollars:

B.A. English is recognized as a teaching qualification in the UK. The challenge is that you won't be allowed to write the PQE without a certificate in Education in Nigeria. Invariably, you can't apply!
I have a degree in Engineering bro, can I also apply since I do not have a degree in education. If I can apply, how do I go about it without the TCRN?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

This Is An Indian Company You Shouldn't Work For In Nigeria Because Of Racism / Dpr Is Recruiting / Am Tired...someone Should Help Me Before I Kill Myself.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.