Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,863 members, 7,813,944 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:19 PM

UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers - Jobs/Vacancies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers (62659 Views)

United Kingdom Begins Process For Recruiting Nigerian Teachers / Apply Now: Japanese Government Scholarship For Nigerian Teachers / Salaries Of Nigerian Teachers And Their Perceived Lack Of Competence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Treassured: 11:20am On Dec 19, 2022
Future Goals.
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by ogbonti: 1:11pm On Dec 19, 2022
blueAgent:

Stop quoting me, I have never seen an adult who is naive and ingnorant like you.

Don't quote me again, Fool.

ozuor i wil keep quoting you until you have sense
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by hartson(m): 4:28pm On Dec 19, 2022
I came earlier here
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by emmaodet: 4:54pm On Dec 19, 2022
zed7:
What exactly is happening to UK citizens? Why are they refusing to work?

It's actually dangerous to a nation to have to keep importing professionals. What is the future of the young UK citizens?

This is what I don’t know also.
Does it mean they don’t have doctors, nurses, teachers graduating in their own universities? Because if nigeria govt. employs 5000 teachers today, there will still be thousands on ground jobless

1 Like

Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by emmaodet: 4:57pm On Dec 19, 2022
uuzba:

They can claim unemployment benefit

For how long? That is not sustainable you know? They don’t have the leverages of 1980s or 90s again.
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by uuzba(m): 5:03pm On Dec 19, 2022
emmaodet:

For how long? That is not sustainable you know? They don’t have the leverages of 1980s or 90s again.
They have claimed and bankrupted their nation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9UlLGAywqU&t=1291s

The rich pay higher taxes. That is used to fund everyone else. Immigrants (Japa Nigerians) pay the rest through work.
The Real white British are terribly lazy.
I saw this video a while back and the stupid people in tremendous debt are still eating corn flakes and living in big house.
Haba.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by emmaodet: 6:06pm On Dec 19, 2022
uuzba:

They have claimed and bankrupted their nation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9UlLGAywqU&t=1291s

The rich pay higher taxes. That is used to fund everyone else. Immigrants (Japa Nigerians) pay the rest through work.
The Real white British are terribly lazy.
I saw this video a while back and the stupid people in tremendous debt are still eating corn flakes and living in big house.
Haba.

Hmmmmmmmm

The video is really touching.
You can’t blame them though. It is a lifestyle they have been used to from scratch so lowering it will be very very very hard.
Have said it here once that the west developments and lifestyle is based on debt.
It is a debt sustaining society.
We envy them but they are just a step away from chaos.
Their society is so structured in such a way that any delay or break in a chain of progress in any of their sectors will quickly have a reverberating effect in their economy.
They can’t afford to have crisis, bokoharam or militias in their country. It will so affect their economy in a short time.
It is well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Regex: 6:56pm On Dec 19, 2022
uuzba:

They can claim unemployment benefit

Omo the unemployment benefits na around £50 a week, unless the person is terribly disabled, such person can not make enough from benefits.
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by hartson(m): 10:26pm On Dec 19, 2022
Do those with NCE stand a chance?Home Economics precisely. Asking on behalf of my brother's wife.
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by emmaodet: 5:10am On Dec 20, 2022
Regex:

Omo the unemployment benefits na around £50 a week, unless the person is terribly disabled, such person can not make enough from benefits.

Bro, this council tax of a thing, how does it work? Because I noticed all the victims had issues with council tax.
What are they paying council for?
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Regex: 7:36am On Dec 20, 2022
emmaodet:

Bro, this council tax of a thing, how does it work? Because I noticed all the victims had issues with council tax.
What are they paying council for?

Council tax is your way of helping to pay for many local services like emergency services, rubbish collection, libraries, schools, street lights and much more. Council tax is charged on the household. It's based on the value of the property and not on what the household earns.
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by emmaodet: 1:12pm On Dec 20, 2022
Regex:

Council tax is your way of helping to pay for many local services like emergency services, rubbish collection, libraries, schools, street lights and much more. Council tax is charged on the household. It's based on the value of the property and not on what the household earns.

Na wa ooooooo

Hmmmmm
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Pojomojo: 6:47am On Dec 21, 2022
We require the service of a secretary, to manage the company's activities
The ideal candidate:
must be dedicated to work,
must be able to work without supervision
must be a goal-getter
must be able to supervise the marketers

Remuneration
Salary is 35000

send cv to hr@teckbots.com subject should be Secretary Lagos of Secretary Abuja depending on your location
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Pojomojo: 6:49am On Dec 21, 2022
grin grin
emmaodet:

Na wa ooooooo

Hmmmmm
You wan japa just be ready to be taxed on almost everything

3 Likes

Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Missionaire: 10:37am On Dec 21, 2022
musicwriter:
The only way someone can enslave you forever is to give you language, education, religion. They are like the immune system that protects a culture from intrusion and against distraction, destruction, disorientation, death.

Once you've accepted a foreign language, education, religion, it means that your culture has lost natural immunity to protect itself, therefore, you (yourself) would justify your enslavement as the right thing because you have nothing to protect yourself. And you die!! Because any illness can freely go in.

Over the past 7 years, I've warned Africans that there's no way the UK can survive outside the EU unless they re-colonize their former colonies. There's no way they can! As far as economy goes, all they have are international oil and banking cartels but with the rise of China and few other Asian countries coming to their senses and the shift to green energy, their control has waned and would continue to do so. The only way the UK can survive outside of the EU would be to re-colonize their former colonies and what you're seeing here is just the beginning. Quote me anyway.

Nairaland educated slave mods don't allow me to add links anymore for people to get additional information about what's being said. If you need more information, go to www.africason.com and read the article: it's time to abolish the common wealth of nations. The commonwealth was set up for cases like this. That's it's real purpose. Also read: Europe and Arabia have launched an economic warfare against Africa. There I've warned for the past 7 years that these are exactly the type of gimmicks the UK would resort to after exiting the European Union.

I've checked history and I can tell you for sure that these little things you see today would evolve into something completely unrecognizable in the next 50 to 100 years.

We are going to be re-enslaved in Africa. It would evolve, so we won't realize it until we get there stuck.

I can see it clearly coming.
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by edgebase2: 11:32am On Dec 21, 2022
IN CASE YOU KNOW SOMEONE WHO IS INTERESTED. PLS SHARE

JOB TITLE: DIGITAL SERVICES & SALES ASSISTANT

The digital services & sales assistant is to help in generating paid subscribers by connecting with people via the web, social media, and WhatsApp. Also to develop content that reflects the right message to all our stakeholders involved. You will be the first full-time employee working fully remotely to help support our customers and the CEO to deliver the best currency deals to our customer

Job Description
1. Generating standard, gold, and platinum members.
2. Responsible for email and chat services.
3. Research and implement new ideas to increase engagement for web & social media.
4. Responsible for onboarding paid members.
5. Develop possible relationships and trust to generate transactions via Whatsapp marketing.
6. Posting transaction deals to subscribers.
7. Approving subscribers where required.
8. Facilitating transactions between users & occasionally visiting the bank

Required skills
sales, customer service, digital marketing, social media

Requirements:

Minimum academic qualification of a Bachelor's degree in a related field
Excellent communication skills both interpersonal and writing.
Ability to learn, discuss and make customers feel valued.
Attention to detail
Understanding of remote outbound marketing

Additional Points
* Worked in a sales/content management role
* Knowlege of the foreign exchange market
* Experience onboarding customers in the financial services industry

To apply, send your application with a 1-minute video link on why you are an excellent fit for this position. Attach a recent resume and send to jobs@payhaven.ng If we think you are a fit, we will contact you.
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Nobody: 3:29pm On Dec 21, 2022
Great!
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Zeinymira(f): 4:10pm On Dec 21, 2022
greenermodels:
they would be sponsored by their employers just like nurses and doctors.
Really? If that's the case that's good. I saw that qts is £9750
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Nwanna2588: 10:12am On Dec 23, 2022
I GREW A COLD FEET AFTER READING THIS �

WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE A TEACHER IN THE UK?

Being a teacher in the UK is a horrible experience — it is a taste of hell.
I was a teacher in Zimbabwe for over 10 years.

I loved my work; I remember assemblies where children would greet us in chorus.
I was proud to be a teacher.

Our students would salute and greet us on the streets, showing us respect.
A misbehaving pupil would hide, show remorse on being found out.

The day I left for the UK, I was excited and convinced that I would make an impact as a teacher in the land of the Queen.

According to Mhofu from Luton, teaching in the UK is no walk in the park.
Mhofu: “You know, if it wasn’t for teaching, I probably wouldn’t have travelled as much as I did. It was the teaching that got me around the world. But here in the UK, I got a rude awakening.

I got a teaching job at a school in Luton which was touted to be one of the best schools. I was grateful and overjoyed. On my first day in class the children looked at me as if they were seeing a ghost. One child raised his hand and said to me: ‘Are you an idiot’.
I was shocked; I was a teacher.

I looked at the child and wanted to hit him but I had been warned never to touch a child or I would die in prison. I pretended I had not heard the child then I heard another say: ‘Hey, are you deaf?’ I was so angry and I walked out to make a complaint to the teacher-in -charge. As I stepped out, the classroom broke into uncontrollable laughter. I had never been insulted by a child and let alone a white one. I was so angry l started shaking.

I walked into the teacher-in-charge’s office. He looked at me and said go and control your class first. I walked back in the class and everything that followed made me sick to my gut. I just had to leave the classroom as l did not trust myself not to take my typical ‘teacher action’ against these wayward children. I went home.

I got a call from the school which informed me that I had been fired because I had no confidence and skills of dealing with children.
I then got another job as a teacher. This time, I was called a ‘supply teacher’ who is equivalent to a temporary teacher. The only difference is a supply teacher is a qualified teacher.

I arrived at the school, this time determined to bring some order. As I walked into the classroom, I saw, on the green board, an offensive statement. It was a question: ‘What’s the difference between a monkey and a blackman?’

Just below it was an answer: ‘At least a monkey can climb trees.’ When I asked who wrote that in a very angry voice, the class remained silent.

I turned to the board to rub the offending statement. When I was done and turned to the class, I saw my bag fly out of the window.
I got angry and shouted at the class. The head-teacher and a few other teachers rushed to the class. The pupils all rushed to one corner and on seeing the headmaster, they started screaming.

The headmaster, in front of the children told me I was intimidating the kids and making the learning environment a war zone. I told him they had thrown my bag out of the window and had written racist remarks on the board.

The head-teacher said he could see nothing on the board and the kids shouted that they had thrown it out after I had tried to hit them with it. I was asked to go home and reflect on my teaching skills.

The classroom is controlled by children; you must do what they want and you must not dictate to them. The head takes the word of the child against yours. Now I am working towards extracting myself from a career I was passionate about and I ask myself why?

Those who are thinking of teaching here must brace themselves for a torrid time.” According to Paul Taruvinga: I had my interview with a teaching agency in the UK before I finished University.

I was accepted and so when I arrived in London in 2003 on my UK working holiday visa, I was ready to start my teaching career in Hackney, East London, an area I was soon to discover to be one of London’s most challenging.

I wasn’t quite ready to settle into a full time job so I went straight for the supply (casual, substitute) teaching. This meant I was running all over the East End, going to different schools every day. It was a great way for me to get to know the city.

It was also a fantastic way for me to learn how to be an adaptable teacher – different students, different classes every day.

One day I was called to the headmaster’s office; I was informed that a child had complained that I speak so loud that the child is now having sleepless nights. I was asked to lower my voice or I would be sued if the child went deaf.

I am not a loud speaker; I was shocked. I could not answer. Then one day I was accused of sexual abuse. I was alleged to have touched a girl-child on the shoulder. I was told any form of touching was abuse. I was suspended.

After three months of no pay, I was reinstated. I now hate teaching with a passion.”

John Dickson: “l was reprimanded for calling a child ‘my son’. When I came to school the following day there was a fuming parent who said to me: ‘Hey, my son has a father at this school now!’

I said I didn’t know about that and then she accused me of calling him ‘my son’ the previous day in class. I went numb.

She went to the head and I was seriously admonished.” The culture here is so strange. There is nothing like stopping students from throwing chairs at each other. The schools here are a complete opposite of the schools back home. Teaching is a nightmare here.
It is the most stressful job in the UK.

2 Likes

Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by emmaodet: 11:26am On Dec 23, 2022
Nwanna2588:
I GREW A COLD FEET AFTER READING THIS �

The day I left for the UK, I was excited and convinced that I would make an impact as a teacher in the land of the Queen.

Mhofu: “You know, if it wasn’t for teaching, I probably wouldn’t have travelled as much as I did. It was the teaching that got me around the world. But here in the UK, I got a rude awakening.

I got a teaching job at a school in Luton which was touted to be one of the best schools. I was grateful and overjoyed. On my first day in class the children looked at me as if they were seeing a ghost. One child raised his hand and said to me: ‘Are you an idiot’.

I looked at the child and wanted to hit him but I had been warned never to touch a child or I would die in prison. I pretended I had not heard the child then I heard another say: ‘Hey, are you deaf?’ I was so angry and I walked out to make a complaint to the teacher-in -charge. As I stepped out, the classroom broke into uncontrollable laughter. I had never been insulted by a child and let alone a white one. I was so angry l started shaking.

I walked into the teacher-in-charge’s office. He looked at me and said go and control your class first. I walked back in the class and everything that followed made me sick to my gut. I just had to leave the classroom as l did not trust myself not to take my typical ‘teacher action’ against these wayward children. I went home.

I got a call from the school which informed me that I had been fired because I had no confidence and skills of dealing with children.
I then got another job as a teacher. This time, I was called a ‘supply teacher’ who is equivalent to a temporary teacher. The only difference is a supply teacher is a qualified teacher.

I arrived at the school, this time determined to bring some order. As I walked into the classroom, I saw, on the green board, an offensive statement. It was a question: ‘What’s the difference between a monkey and a blackman?’

Just below it was an answer: ‘At least a monkey can climb trees.’ When I asked who wrote that in a very angry voice, the class remained silent.

I turned to the board to rub the offending statement. When I was done and turned to the class, I saw my bag fly out of the window.
I got angry and shouted at the class. The head-teacher and a few other teachers rushed to the class. The pupils all rushed to one corner and on seeing the headmaster, they started screaming.

The headmaster, in front of the children told me I was intimidating the kids and making the learning environment a war zone. I told him they had thrown my bag out of the window and had written racist remarks on the board.

The head-teacher said he could see nothing on the board and the kids shouted that they had thrown it out after I had tried to hit them with it. I was asked to go home and reflect on my teaching skills.

The classroom is controlled by children; you must do what they want and you must not dictate to them. The head takes the word of the child against yours. Now I am working towards extracting myself from a career I was passionate about and I ask myself why?

Those who are thinking of teaching here must brace themselves for a torrid time.” According to Paul Taruvinga: I had my interview with a teaching agency in the UK before I finished University.

I was accepted and so when I arrived in London in 2003 on my UK working holiday visa, I was ready to start my teaching career in Hackney, East London, an area I was soon to discover to be one of London’s most challenging.

I wasn’t quite ready to settle into a full time job so I went straight for the supply (casual, substitute) teaching. This meant I was running all over the East End, going to different schools every day. It was a great way for me to get to know the city.

It was also a fantastic way for me to learn how to be an adaptable teacher – different students, different classes every day.

One day I was called to the headmaster’s office; I was informed that a child had complained that I speak so loud that the child is now having sleepless nights. I was asked to lower my voice or I would be sued if the child went deaf.

I am not a loud speaker; I was shocked. I could not answer. Then one day I was accused of sexual abuse. I was alleged to have touched a girl-child on the shoulder. I was told any form of touching was abuse. I was suspended.

After three months of no pay, I was reinstated. I now hate teaching with a passion.”

John Dickson: “l was reprimanded for calling a child ‘my son’. When I came to school the following day there was a fuming parent who said to me: ‘Hey, my son has a father at this school now!’

I said I didn’t know about that and then she accused me of calling him ‘my son’ the previous day in class. I went numb.

She went to the head and I was seriously admonished.” The culture here is so strange. There is nothing like stopping students from throwing chairs at each other. The schools here are a complete opposite of the schools back home. Teaching is a nightmare here.

Copied!

Waoooooooooooo

But the truth still remain that many teachers will prefer to go teach there and endure all while making good money than staying back home.

Bro, poverty is very very high here and many people rather endure other things than poverty.

3 Likes

Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Nwanna2588: 5:08pm On Dec 23, 2022
As for me, I am tired of teaching in Nigerian schools. I want to give it a try, after all, the trends in the Nigerian system are almost causing cold feet just as it is over there.

1 Like

Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Ninkuze: 2:40pm On Dec 24, 2022
It's like this person taught in a government school back at home. Most private schools in Nigeria now exhibit the characteristics of those white children. So those of us that were able to survive such conditions can survive anywhere. Children wey go see u for road, carry face. Na u go evn call them to greet them. Or u speak one kind, they will laff at u. Leave, we go adapt. There's a way u will warm your way into the children's heart. Initially, they may not like you but if you don't let those things get at you, after a while some of them will be your best pals.

quote author=Nwanna2588 post=119368736]I GREW A COLD FEET AFTER READING THIS �

[/quote]
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Nwanna2588: 3:50pm On Dec 24, 2022
You can say that again! Let's follow it up. I can't wait to apply. I have taught for almost 2 decades in private schools here and I am already resilient to things the poster said. I have run out of times I have witnessed hostile receptions in classes. You aptly said it that the poster was not exposed to private schools.

Check my other post below to see the mouth watering offer

Ninkuze:
It's like this person taught in a government school back at home. Most private schools in Nigeria now exhibit the characteristics of those white children. So those of us that were able to survive such conditions can survive anywhere. Children wey go see u for road, carry face. Na u go evn call them to greet them. Or u speak one kind, they will laff at u. Leave, we go adapt. There's a way u will warm your way into the children's heart. Initially, they may not like you but if you don't let those things get at you, after a while some of them will be your best pals.

quote author=Nwanna2588 post=119368736]I GREW A COLD FEET AFTER READING THIS �

Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Nwanna2588: 3:58pm On Dec 24, 2022
The UK’s Education Secretary Gillian Keegan has said that teachers are in the top 10% of earners in some parts of the country.

Ms Keegan said in the interview that "the average salary of a classroom teacher is £39,000, (this is about 20millon Nigeria naira.)

This is correct. Government figures show that state school classroom teachers in England were paid a mean average salary of £38,982 in 2021 (with the median average salary a touch higher). This compares with £39,009 in Wales and £40,026 in Scotland.

Teacher salaries vary depending on location in the UK. For example, a teacher working in London can expect to earn more than a teacher at the same level located elsewhere in the country.

For the 2022-23 academic year, teachers working in England but outside London received a starting salary of £28,000. This is set to rise to £30,000 by 2024.

Meanwhile, their counterparts in Nigeria are poorly paid. Teachers in Nigeria recieves about 12k, 20k, 60k, 160k as monthly salaries.

3 Likes

Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Nwanna2588: 5:59pm On Dec 24, 2022
Fellow teachers, a WhatsApp group has been created for this topic. If you are interested click on the link below to join:

Zeroeightzerosixtynineeighty47603

Only for serious candidates

1 Like

Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Idaytesj29(m): 10:43pm On Dec 24, 2022
Nwanna2588:
Fellow teachers, a WhatsApp group has been created for this topic. If you are interested click on the link below to join:

https:///HKwVOtWhkK28bzM5eOCj2R

Only for serious candidates
Link not opening pls
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Nwanna2588: 4:35pm On Dec 25, 2022
Zeroeightzerosixtynineeighty47603

Idaytesj29:

Link not opening pls

1 Like

Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Orente21(f): 12:40pm On Dec 26, 2022
Goodday everyone, is this uk offer open just to the candidate or together with his/her immediate family members?

2 Likes

Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by emmyileri(m): 10:51pm On Dec 28, 2022
zed7:
What exactly is happening to UK citizens? Why are they refusing to work?

It's actually dangerous to a nation to have to keep importing professionals. What is the future of the young UK citizens?
They are moving into Canada. Canada pay more with good working conditions
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Nwanna2588: 2:19pm On Dec 30, 2022
Going by the statistic, there will be a rush for Nigerian teachers in February.�

Did you know that of the doctors recruited by the UK government worldwide, Africa had 92% and of the 92%, Nigeria had 81%?
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Mrshape: 9:06pm On Jan 02, 2023
SmartPolician:

I'm sorry your story is hard to believe.

It's good for teachers in Nigeria to travel to other countries to cause shortage in Nigeria.

When it becomes hard to see quality teachers in Nigeria, government and schools will be forced to pay them a decent salary.

How can government be paying teachers less than #100k and think it's okay? It's even worse in private schools where some teachers are paid less than #50k.

Globalization is a reality that Nigeria must learn to live with or become utterly useless.

What he said his true physics teachers are becoming scarce that schools that vow never to use part-time teachers are for e to even pay the part-time teacher even more salary than the full time teacher just to teach this subject for 2 hours three times a week.
Where I am you can't even see a full time teacher application letter for Physic, chemistry and Mathematics

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Girl Holding Placard Begs Otedola, Tony Elumelu, Linda Ikeji To Help Her Father / Standard Chartered Bank 2016 International Graduate Programme In Nigeria / Presidential Youth Empowerment Scheme P-YES: How To Register

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.