Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,763 members, 7,851,602 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:15 AM

Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live - Foreign Affairs (1782) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live (681347 Views)

World News! Events Happening Around The World / Russia - Ukraine War In Pictures, From The Frontlines (Photos) / Russia - Ukraine War Tension: Live Updates (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1779) (1780) (1781) (1782) (1783) (1784) (1785) ... (1886) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by erniok(m): 11:52am On May 16
Ghostagain:

I don't think you understand that Germany had already been defeated by the USSR and the USSR was already occupying some Japanese islands when the USA nuked Japan, an event which stopped soviet advance into Japanese territory.
But like I said, some people don't really understand history.
I guess you are in the group of people who don't understand history or you did not understand what putin said.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Ghostagain: 11:53am On May 16
erniok:

I guess you are in the group of people who don't understand history or you did not understand what putin said.
Oh, of course you brought no argument. I showed you your mistake with argument, and now you deviate with no argument.

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by erniok(m): 11:55am On May 16
Ghostagain:

Oh, of course you brought no argument. I showed you your mistake with argument, and now you deviate with no argument.
You should absolutely nothing pal. You are the 9ne with nothing to argue
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Ghostagain: 11:57am On May 16
erniok:

You should absolutely nothing pal. You are the 9ne with nothing to argue
You seem to just want to quarrel rather than exchange anything of intellectual value, I'm not interested in that, life is too short bro.
Have a nice one, bye bye.

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Cancri: 11:58am On May 16
WriteerNg:
⚡Hundreds of fishermen from the Philippines volunteered to deliver supply to contested territories on wooden boats in the South China Sea.

Chinese Coast Guard ships later shadowed them.
China 🇨🇳 the upcoming bully.
💩👹👹

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by erniok(m): 12:04pm On May 16
Ghostagain:

You seem to just want to quarrel rather than exchange anything of intellectual value, I'm not interested in that, life is too short bro.
Have a nice one, bye bye.
You had nothing to say ab initio. Putin saying Chinese forces that held back major forces of japan and Soviet and Chinese soldiers that stood up to japan when Soviet declared war against japan in August 1945 is sonething you really want to argue?
Have a nice day too.

2 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriteerNg: 12:17pm On May 16
⚡Russia is the #1 provider of oil to India.

Europe is the #1 buyer of oil products from India.

🤡 🤡 🤡 🇪🇺 🤡 🤡 🤡

9 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriteerNg: 12:22pm On May 16
⚡Russia has sharply increased trade with the Taliban

If in 2022 the trade turnover between the countries was about $170 million, now it has already crossed the $1 billion mark, the Kremlin media said, citing a representative of the terrorist organization.

Thus, the growth of trade for 2 years has increased by 500%.

3 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Obedience40: 12:28pm On May 16
erniok:

You had nothing to say from ab initio. Putin saying Chinese forces that held back major forces of japan and Soviet and Chinese soldiers that stood up to japan when Soviet declared war against japan in August 1945 is so.ething you really want to argue?
Have a nice day too.

As much as i don't like ghost he is right and one of the few here who write with actual facts
You are trying to paint that the Soviet union were the reason for the imperial Japanese defeat in ww2 that it was the Soviet union that fought the Japanese and the USA just nuke them and claim victory

Let me lecture you a bit.
Ww2 started in September 1932 when Germany attacked Poland.
Before ww2 started the Japanese and the Chinese were already at WAR
On 7 December 1941 the Japanese attacked the USA
The USA enter the WAR note THIS was 9 years after Germany invaded Poland to start ww2
The Soviet union did not declared war on Japan as they were busy with the NAZI Germany.

Germany surrendered in may 7 1945
The USA nuked the Japs in august 6 and 9
Almost a month after Germany surrendered
The Soviet union declared war on the Japanese
August 8 1945.

The USA that has been fighting the Japanese since December 1941
And a Soviet union who declared war on Japanese in august 8 1945 after they have just been nuked and already on the brink of surrendering

You what to compare but Nations
I may listen to argument that the Soviet union dis well in Europe
But the WAR in the pacific was fought and won by the USA and it's allies, THIS includes China, Australia, Canada

Listen to what ghostagain.
I don't have the patience to educate you

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by erniok(m): 12:37pm On May 16
Obedience40:

As much as i don't like ghost he is right and one of the few here who write with actual facts
You are trying to paint that the Soviet union were the reason for the imperial Japanese defeat in ww2 that it was the Soviet union that fought the Japanese and the USA just nuke them and claim victory

Let me lecture you a bit.
Ww2 started in September 1932 when Germany attacked Poland.
Before ww2 started the Japanese and the Chinese were already at WAR
On 7 December 1941 the Japanese attacked the USA
The USA enter the WAR note THIS was 9 years after Germany invaded Poland to start ww2
The Soviet union did not declared war on Japan as they were busy with the NAZI Germany.

Germany surrendered in may 7 1945
The USA nuked the Japs in august 6 and 9
Almost a month after Germany surrendered
The Soviet union declared war on the Japanese
August 8 1945.

The USA that has been fighting the Japanese since December 1941
And a Soviet union who declared war on Japanese in august 8 1945 after they have just been nuked and already on the brink of surrendering

You what to compare but Nations
I may listen to argument that the Soviet union dis well in Europe
But the WAR in the pacific was fought and won by the USA and it's allies, THIS includes China, Australia, Canada

Listen to what ghostagain.
I don't have the patience to educate you

"Sighs very deeply"......you jumped into an arguement you did not understand at all and it's really a strange thing to do.
My response to Putin's claim was very sarcastic but you took it literally when you should have read Putin's claim.

FYI, you may be educating folks but I'm not in that WhatsApp group.

2 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Obedience40: 12:40pm On May 16
erniok:

"Sighs very deeply"......you jumped into an arguement you did not understand at all and it's really a strange thing to do.
My response to Putin's claim was very sarcastic but you took it literally when you should have read Putin's claim.

FYI, you may be educating folks but I'm not in that WhatsApp group.

Adios
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by shoodboi2: 12:48pm On May 16
Let's not forget...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Ghostagain: 12:59pm On May 16
Admitting when you are wrong is important for growth.

I got one thing wrong, the first nuclear bomb drop on Japan did indeed happen before the USSR's offensive on Japan.

To learn more about the ussr-japan war:
https://blog.nationalarchives.gov.uk/soviet-japan-and-the-termination-of-the-second-world-war/

Let us just put it like this: the USA didn't save the USSR from Japan. Japan and the USSR had a mini war around 1939 which the USSR seems to have won, anyways China was enough occupation for Japan to not want to further a war with the USSR.
Japan counted on Stallin to broker a peace deal between Japan and the USA, but Stallin took the opportunity to stab Japan in the back instead by declaring war on Japan.

"The Soviet-Japanese border conflicts lasted until 1939 and the Battles of Khalkhin Gol, which saw the Japanese defeated. With the German invasion of France and the Low Countries and the subsequent expansion of the Axis Powers in Europe, the Soviet Union, anxious not to face two fronts at the same time and to safeguard its eastern border, signed the Soviet-Japanese Neutrality Pact on 13 April 1941."

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Alamkir: 1:06pm On May 16
Balogunodua:

I doubt anyone will even try to argue it.
Isn't it already happening

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Alamkir: 1:20pm On May 16
Kingsnairaland:
USA military 2nd one said taliban Will no longer exist once he get to Afghanistan

He was blinded the first week of action

I don't even know the point you have been driven at, all armies that fight wars goes through this not only US. EVEN NIGERIAN ARMY THAT'S FIGHTING BOKOHARAM HAVE THEIRS TOO

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriteerNg: 2:30pm On May 16
🇷🇺 🇸🇰 🇺🇦

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriteerNg: 2:36pm On May 16
⚡A Boeing 747-400 taking 468 people from Indonesia to Saudi Arabia makes an emergency landing due to an engine fire, the Garuda Indonesia airline said.

2 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriteerNg: 2:39pm On May 16
⚡Mike Pompeo says "dark forces" of Russia, China, and Iran are trying to "drive our nation away from the Lord."

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriteerNg: 2:39pm On May 16
WriteerNg:
⚡Mike Pompeo says "dark forces" of Russia, China, and Iran are trying to "drive our nation away from the Lord."

🤡 🤡 🤡 🇺🇸 🤡 🤡 🤡

5 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriteerNg: 2:42pm On May 16
⚡Russian troops began to storm Liptsy in the Kharkov region, after which the siege of Kharkov will begin.

Work to take Liptsy begins, aviation is actively working, artillery is constantly firing, they don’t stop — said Vitaly Ganchev, head of the Kharkov region administration, on Channel One

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriteerNg: 2:42pm On May 16
⚡Türkiye completes deliveries of Bayraktar TB2 UCAVs to Poland.

Türkiye and Poland signed a $270 million deal in May 2021 for the sale of 24 Bayraktar TB2 UCAVs.

Poland was the the first NATO and EU member country to purchase Turkish drones.

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriteerNg: 2:44pm On May 16
WriteerNg:
⚡Türkiye completes deliveries of Bayraktar TB2 UCAVs to Poland.

Türkiye and Poland signed a $270 million deal in May 2021 for the sale of 24 Bayraktar TB2 UCAVs.

Poland was the the first NATO and EU member country to purchase Turkish drones.

Turkey don almost collect all US clients finish.

Just wait make them finish their 5th Gen fighters first. Many countries go rush am as na cheaper alternative.

US go soon table their matter. Big rift coming for NATO.

4 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Alamkir: 2:55pm On May 16
WritterNg:

It was from scratch.

Everything in Mariupol was leveled. There was nothing left standing.

It's why I said you haven't been following. We posted all this last year.

Dude Nawao for you oh! Haba

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by erniok(m): 3:03pm On May 16
Ghostagain:
Admitting when you are wrong is important for growth.

I got one thing wrong, the first nuclear bomb drop on Japan did indeed happen before the USSR's offensive on Japan.

To learn more about the ussr-japan war:
https://blog.nationalarchives.gov.uk/soviet-japan-and-the-termination-of-the-second-world-war/

Let us just put it like this: the USA didn't save the USSR from Japan. Japan and the USSR had a mini war around 1939 which the USSR seems to have won, anyways China was enough occupation for Japan to not want to further a war with the USSR.
Japan counted on Stallin to broker a peace deal between Japan and the USA, but Stallin took the opportunity to stab Japan in the back instead by declaring war on Japan.

"The Soviet-Japanese border conflicts lasted until 1939 and the Battles of Khalkhin Gol, which saw the Japanese defeated. With the German invasion of France and the Low Countries and the subsequent expansion of the Axis Powers in Europe, the Soviet Union, anxious not to face two fronts at the same time and to safeguard its eastern border, signed the Soviet-Japanese Neutrality Pact on 13 April 1941."
The link was an interesting read. Thanks for sharing.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriteerNg: 3:17pm On May 16
⚡"Ukraine may lose Kharkiv if we do not receive two Patriot air defense systems," Zelensky says.

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriteerNg: 3:17pm On May 16
⚡Palestinian leader Abbas says Hamas gave Israel 'pretext to attack' Gaza - AFP
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriteerNg: 3:31pm On May 16
⚡The Israel Defense Force has now released a Statement claiming that a One-Way “Suicide” Drone was launched from Lebanon earlier today by Hezbollah toward the Town of Metula in Northern Israel, causing Serious Injuries to an Israeli Soldier and Minor Injuries to at least 2 others.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriteerNg: 3:33pm On May 16
⚡To mark the opening of the Year of Russian-Chinese Culture, a logo has been created.

The logo features a Russian bear and a Chinese panda, dressed in national costumes, holding hands.

3 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriteerNg: 3:34pm On May 16
⚡Massive drug bust by the Lebanese army today.

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriteerNg: 3:36pm On May 16
⚡An-148 of the Special Flight Squad “Russia”(RA-61727), which is operated in the interests of the Russian FSB, is landing at Hrodna airport.

According to our information, Vladimir Kulishov, the First Deputy Director of the Russian FSB and the Head of the FSB Border Service, is on board.

2 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriteerNg: 3:39pm On May 16
⚡Georgian authorities are not afraid of American sanctions - Mayor of Tbilisi, Kakha Kaladze

“I will personally express my opinion and the position of my fellow party members - no one is afraid of these sanctions. When it comes to your country, your homeland, what kind of sanctions can we talk about?”

9 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Bossly: 3:41pm On May 16
Shake am well well
Till it falls off

Tiopii:

smh.

4 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (1779) (1780) (1781) (1782) (1783) (1784) (1785) ... (1886) (Reply)

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military .

Viewing this topic: StudyBarn, WriteerNg, raslim20(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.