Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,572 members, 7,865,381 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 04:58 PM

Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live - Foreign Affairs (1818) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live (711509 Views)

World News! Events Happening Around The World / Russia - Ukraine War In Pictures, From The Frontlines (Photos) / Russia - Ukraine War Tension: Live Updates (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1815) (1816) (1817) (1818) (1819) (1820) (1821) ... (1960) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Alamkir: 11:43am On May 22
dvkot:
I've said it several times. Africa is not ready for democracy yet,
All these western countries clamoring for democracy is only deceiving Africa.
What Africa needs is a military government that will position and repair the foundation and the continent, build up their military just like NK and Iran. Then form a unified alliance just like Europe did,
After all this has been done can democracy come in

When will Africa be ready for democracy? the military have been intervening in politics for decades, handing over power to civilians only to return again. Which foundation did they still want to come back and repair?
Build up the military to fight who? who is fighting them?
The reason you can say all this is because you are enjoying democracy in Nigeria, you don't know what the people in those countries are facing. If you experience military govt in the late 80's and early 90s you probably won't be saying this.
Just like any other form of govt Democracy Is not perfect, but the armies are supposed to secure the territory of a country not govern it's people

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 11:44am On May 22
Africa no wan do Non Aligned Movement again...🤔🤔

1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Jovi10: 11:54am On May 22
odudueffiom:
how many American politicians are living like this??, oyibo de drag ur country u de follow drag am

Nothing concern me with oyinbo country. Oyinbo government self dey follow help make our country bad. Politicians go loot our money go keep for western countries and they will receive it with open hands. So all of them join together it no go better for them.

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Alamkir: 11:54am On May 22
motayoayinde:

I didn't say anything about his tribe did I?

Dude always get triggered whenever he hears Ipob, like ipob is a tribe. I have alot of igbo friends, real hommies who are like brothers to me who don't support that nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Procashtips(m): 11:57am On May 22
erniok:

This is really touching. Reminds me of another leader per excellence: great thomas sankara.

And former Chilean president with his beloved Beatle car.

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Procashtips(m): 12:00pm On May 22
Alamkir:

One day, the coup go defeat you. Just hold an election let the people choose who they want as a leader, even traore himself can contest as a candidate. All this wearing military uniform everywhere is not attractive at all

Must it be democrazy?

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Jovi10: 12:04pm On May 22
lanre316:

You're one of those who believed that every little bad thing happening in every single country of the whole world is caused by America 🙄.

Nawa for you o

Yes anywhere there's terrorism dig deep z the USA always have a hand directly or indirectly in Africa.

Same way they refused to sell weapons to Jonathan to fight against boko haram except the stupid gay right laws are passed by his administration which Nigeria refused.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Alamkir: 12:08pm On May 22
Procashtips:

Must it be democrazy?

It mustn't be democracy as styled by the West, we can style it to fit our culture, but this is done through democratic process not through military.
How many times a bill has been cancelled by the Senate because Nigerians rejected it. If it was military anybody that opposed it is going to jail or killed

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by motayoayinde: 12:14pm On May 22
Alamkir:

Dude always get triggered whenever he hears Ipob, like ipob is a tribe. I have alot of igbo friends, real hommies who are like brothers to me who don't support that nonsense

Quite true.
Some Igbos are staunchly opposed to Ipob and all they represent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by obedience4(m): 12:21pm On May 22
Jovi10:

Yes anywhere there's terrorism dig deep z the USA always have a hand directly or indirectly in Africa.

Same way they refused to sell weapons to Jonathan to fight against boko haram except the stupid gay right laws are passed by his administration which Nigeria refused.

Stop saying what you can't prove
There was never a time the USA stop weapons to Nigeria because of gay rights or LGBTQ rights

Stop writing what you know nothing about.

The USA suspended Lethal aid to Nigeria over human rights issues that was brought by amnesty international over the killings carried out by the Nigerian military.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Balogunodua(m): 12:29pm On May 22
Alamkir:

When will Africa be ready for democracy? the military have been intervening in politics for decades, handing over power to civilians only to return again. Which foundation did they still want to come back and repair?
Build up the military to fight who? who is fighting them?
The reason you can say all this is because you are enjoying democracy in Nigeria, you don't know what the people in those countries are facing. If you experience military govt in the late 80's and early 90s you probably won't be saying this.
Just like any other form of govt Democracy Is not perfect, but the armies are supposed to secure the territory of a country not govern it's people

He prolly didn't experience Abacha regime..or any other military regime.

We all saw how Ugandians were singing Idi Amin praise till it all goes south.

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Balogunodua(m): 12:36pm On May 22
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

You mentioned Biafra, you mentioned ipob yet you didn't say anything about his tribe. Okay na

Biafra does not equal "Igbo" my dear friend grin

thou shall not be triggered grin
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by seunny4lif(m): 12:40pm On May 22
WriteerNg:
âš¡Ireland has now announced their Official Recognition of a Palestinian State, with Spain also said to following the lead of Ireland and Norway later today.
Ireland should start by kicking the British out of NI and take back their country before jumping to Palestinian state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Vl3ly: 1:17pm On May 22
Cancri:
you guys love violence only when it favours Russia and others Muslims state
But when Israel do just 20 percent of what Russia is doing you guys will be wailing 😩 all day long

All I have to say is that you Islamists are hypocrites terrorists!
terrorist dey accuse someone for terrorism

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Procashtips(m): 1:29pm On May 22
Alamkir:

It mustn't be democracy as styled by the West, we can style it to fit our culture, but this is done through democratic process not through military.
How many times a bill has been cancelled by the Senate because Nigerians rejected it. If it was military anybody that opposed it is going to jail or killed

Whether military or not, a people should govern themselves how they dim feet.

Leadership is peculiar to people and their region.

Is there Democracy in Singapore, UAE, Saudi Arabia and a host of other prospering nations out there?

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Procashtips(m): 1:31pm On May 22
Balogunodua:

He prolly didn't experience Abacha regime..or any other military regime.

We all saw how Ugandians were singing Idi Amin praise till it all goes south.

Abacha was run down by western and local propoganda. Forget it.

Whatever he was accused of doing is learning work from civilian and democratic governments we have had since then.

It's a long debate and this is a govt I witnessed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Balogunodua(m): 1:49pm On May 22
Procashtips:

Abacha was run down by western and local propoganda. Forget it.

Whatever he was accused of doing is learning work from civilian and democratic governments we have had since then.

It's a long debate and this is a govt I witnessed.

If you def didn't experience Abacha regime...I bet. We did and it was bad...if the military were the ones ruling, none of you guys here criticizing the govt would dream of it.

All our problems from the beginning was caused by the military...heck even the 1999 fraud constitution was drafted by same military ain't that interesting undecided and since 1999 the presidents who truly had their rule were ex military...infact majority of our so called civilian govt were actually ex military.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriteerNg: 1:54pm On May 22
âš¡The EU will not pay Russia the proceeds of its frozen assets even after sanctions are lifted.

According to yesterday's EU Council decision, frozen Russian assets are not sovereign assets. Therefore, the rules protecting sovereign assets do not apply to these proceeds.

The final approved decision is that 90% of these proceeds will be transferred to the EU budget for military aid and reconstruction in Ukraine, while 10% will be retained by custodians to cover possible risks.

This decision was added to the EU's package of economic sanctions against the Russian Federation.

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriteerNg: 1:56pm On May 22
âš¡Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi's crashed helicopter was located by Iranian, not Turkish, UAVs, stated Nasrollah Rashnudi, the Iranian Consul General in Erbil.

Earlier, Anadolu Agency claimed a Turkish Akıncı UAV had detected a 'heat source' believed to be the helicopter's wreckage. However, Pirhossein Kolivand of the Iranian Red Crescent confirmed that Iranian UAVs found the site. Adverse weather and challenging terrain delayed the search, Rashnudi noted.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriteerNg: 2:00pm On May 22
âš¡Sweden has strengthened the defense of Gotland island in the Baltic Sea for fear that Russia intends to establish control over it.

This was announced by the commander-in-chief of the Swedish Armed Forces, Büden.

Sweden will also allocate about 7 billion dollars for three-year military support to Ukraine.

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriteerNg: 2:06pm On May 22
âš¡US Secretary of State Antony Blinken has suggested he will work with lawmakers on potential sanctions against the International Criminal Court as its prosecutor seeks arrest warrants for senior Israeli officials.

Mr Blinken told a congressional hearing he was "committed" to taking action against the "profoundly wrong-headed decision".

His comments come amid a Republican push to impose sanctions on ICC officials, which may see a vote as soon as this week.

The United States is not a member of the court but has backed previous prosecutions, including the ICC's arrest warrant for Russian President Vladimir Putin over the war in Ukraine.

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Vl3ly: 2:17pm On May 22
obedience4:
Same people that are Happy that some countries have choose foolishly to recognise Palestine are the same people what would tell you Taiwan is not state,

Over a 12 Nations recognised Taiwan as an independent state, but dose it make it one in China eye's
Is Taiwan part of the UN??

Will it ever be passed by a UN resolution to make Palestine a state? The answer is no the USA will always veto such rubbish.

As long as there is a Jewish state of isreal there will never be a Palestine state.
why are you comparing Taiwan with Palestine,,they are totally different
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Fighttillvictory: 2:39pm On May 22
Vl3ly:
why are you comparing Taiwan with Palestine,,they are totally different
really different as one is known for perpetuating terrorist act on civilians and the other ready to fight any military to defend her sovereignty
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Obedience40: 2:48pm On May 22
Fighttillvictory:
really different as one is known for perpetuating terrorist act on civilians and the other ready to fight any military to defend her sovereignty

Thank you sir for the reply.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by pansophist(m): 2:48pm On May 22
Mille:

As someone who once lived in Romania, I'd recommend that country over a thousand times before any other country in Europe. I do dream of going back to that place.

Family values, good morals, nice residents, safe environment, almost zero racism etc. You'll have your pick of one of the most beautiful women you will ever see in your lifetime. You only have to be afraid of the taxi drivers grin

But please only go to Romania if you have a remote job or particularly skilled in a niche profession such as in IT, healthcare etc. If not, you'll understand why there are many Romanians scattered all around Europe. And you'll also have to get used to being stared at. Over 90% of people outside Bucharest will stare at you. Just curiosity stares, nothing else. The ones who are bold and confident enough will come speak to you and ask where you're from and why you chose Romania.

I agree.

I have spent six weeks in Timisoara two years ago, and it was really good. And it's close to everywhere, that I biked to Serbia .

After Russians, Romanians ranks high in my list of a country with absolutely stunning women.

And for entrepreneurs, building wealth there is very easy. Especially since they are in the EU.

5 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by seunny4lif(m): 3:02pm On May 22
pansophist:

I agree.

I have spent six weeks in Timisoara two years ago, and it was really good. And it's close to everywhere, that I biked to Serbia .

After Russians, Romanians ranks high in my list of a country with absolutely stunning women.

And for entrepreneurs, building wealth there is very easy. Especially since they are in the EU.
How will you rank Romanian women ahead of Swedish and Ukrainian women shocked shocked
That's a crime oooh

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Jovi10: 3:11pm On May 22
obedience4:

Stop saying what you can't prove
There was never a time the USA stop weapons to Nigeria because of gay rights or LGBTQ rights

Stop writing what you know nothing about.

The USA suspended Lethal aid to Nigeria over human rights issues that was brought by amnesty international over the killings carried out by the Nigerian military.

And they still went ahead to block our buying of weapons from South Africa......then same people who will not sell weapons to us to fight boko haram sponsored the bring back our girls championed by obamas wife? Typical USA.

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by pansophist(m): 3:14pm On May 22
seunny4lif:

How will you rank Romanian women ahead of Swedish and Ukrainian women shocked shocked
That's a crime oooh

Ukrainian and Russian are in the same boat. They are same people, just separated by borders.

As for Swedish women, it's just being blonde and typical looking. Romanian women are more varied. And not just in appearance, but in attitudes and feminine allure.

You fit go with Swedish women, just leave Romanian for me lol grin

5 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Vl3ly: 3:15pm On May 22
seunny4lif:

All those recognition by mouth while at the same time allowing USA and UK to use her nation to help Israeli military.
Only the UN5 can approve Palestinian state and it will never happen because even the Russia will not approve it.
Too many powerful Jew-Russians within Russian government

Don’t Spain locked up the pro Catalonia people in jail.
Aren’t same set of nations sending weapons and billions dollars to Ukraine military to kill those Eastern Ukraine that are Russian speakers.

Russia has already recognized Palestine states

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by seunny4lif(m): 3:19pm On May 22
pansophist:

Ukrainian and Russian are in the same boat. They are same people, just separated by borders.

As for Swedish women, it's just being blonde and typical looking. Romanian women are more varied. And not just in appearance, but in attitudes and feminine allure.

You fit go with Swedish women, just leave Romanian for me lol grin

Hmm but Romanian women too dey steal oooh
I too fear them cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Obedience40: 3:21pm On May 22
Jovi10:

And they still went ahead to block our buying of weapons from South Africa......then same people who will not sell weapons to us to fight boko haram sponsored the bring back our girls championed by obamas wife? Typical USA.

I don't have a problem with what you said,
My problem is that you ascribed terrorism in Africa to the USA

And wrongly you also stated that the USA blocked weapons to the Nigeria military because of LGBTQ rights.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriteerNg: 3:30pm On May 22
âš¡Germany would "of course" execute a potential ICC arrest warrant against Israel's Netanyahu, the govt spokesman says.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1815) (1816) (1817) (1818) (1819) (1820) (1821) ... (1960) (Reply)

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military .

Viewing this topic: NoWam, Highlife200, Lordsagna, Vic2023, DystopianMuse(f), Omen100(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.