Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,984 members, 7,863,506 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:06 PM

Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live - Foreign Affairs (1840) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live (707456 Views)

World News! Events Happening Around The World / Russia - Ukraine War In Pictures, From The Frontlines (Photos) / Russia - Ukraine War Tension: Live Updates (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1837) (1838) (1839) (1840) (1841) (1842) (1843) ... (1952) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by grandstar(m): 1:57am On May 27
Procashtips:

Whatever was built on stolen wealth shouldn't last.

Europe was built by wealth stolen from other continents, especially Africa.

Without the wealth of these continents, Europe would have remained a badland.

Hahaha

Stolen wealth my foot. Germany after World War 2 was basically a desolate place. It has no foreign colonies. Yet, today, its the 3rd largest economy in the world.

Japan after World War 2 was in very bad shape economically. Today, it is the 4th largest economy in the world. It has no colonies.

Sound economic policies are what countries need to become prosperous. They do not need to have colonies to achieve it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Lighthammer(m): 2:35am On May 27
WrriterNg:
⚡ Tens of thousands are protesting outside Armenian Prime Minister's, Nikol Pashinyan, residency, demanding his resignation.
wow! And nikol pashinyan too orchestrated a huge protest against the former prime minister serz sargysyan that led to the latter's resignation,i think he should resign too,afterall what goes around must surely comes around

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Lighthammer(m): 2:44am On May 27
WrriterNg:
⚡“Estonia will do everything possible to bring Russia to its knees,” said Estonian President Alar Karis.

“After this, it will be possible to begin negotiations on ending the war in Ukraine,” he explained.
hahaha in wesley snipe's voice-some motherfuckkers will always try to iceskate uphill,i mean what estonia gon do?invade russia?
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by obedience4(m): 3:16am On May 27
nigeriansamurai:

😂😂😂 elite mumu you think samurai are all about fighting, the katana was a symbol of power in feudal Japan and even during Ww2 not just a tool for fighting...

Now do you think I would risk my life for the gain of the greedy Nigerian elites? Only a slave fights another man's war bro... I will fight if I and only I deem the cause just, not because I am told to do so... I've said enough.

As for what I said about France and the rest, I will not bother to discuss that with you.

Sorry, that you are still living in the past.

Have you consider Seppuku ??

2 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Kingsnairaland(m): 4:07am On May 27
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMMEKkWQE/

Those Russians in the front lines
Shoot down Ukraine jet fighter
With hand held air defense system

Ukraine wanted to test the waters and it saw hell lol

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Fash20: 6:13am On May 27
grandstar:

When he mentioned fast growing BRICS countries, it was obvious he doesn't know what he's talking about.

China's long term decline has begun. Brazil is stuck in the middle income trap. Indonesia is doing okay. Russia is suffering from the weight of 13,000 sanctions placed on it by America and the West. South Africa's economy has growing at snail speed for years. It's structural employment rate is one of the highest globally due to rigid labour laws. White South Africans are fleeing in droves.

China's long term decline? grin grin Western economists predicted this decades ago but were put to shame. Do you even realize that even the Western economies aren't doing very well at the moment too like they used to before covid 19.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Procashtips(m): 6:44am On May 27
lanre316:

Oga, read to understand and follow comment trails to know what's being talked about.

I know he's a not Muslim. I'm not condemning his actions. He's welcome to celebrate death and destruction as much as he wants.

I'm only explaining why people assume he's a jihadist. Nothing more nothing less.

I understood and followed the trail of conversation thoroughly. You tried to hide your intention in innuendos but those who knows how to filter properly would have gotten your point which I did.

You're now trying to make it sound like you weren't throwing jabs at him. I 😂

3 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNg: 6:44am On May 27
⚡Ukraine is now mobilizing prisoners.

First batch of 350 people serving sentences have already been released and will join to the army.

Up to 20,000 prisoners could be mobilized.

1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Procashtips(m): 6:51am On May 27
grandstar:

Hahaha

Stolen wealth my foot. Germany after World War 2 was basically a desolate place. It has no foreign colonies. Yet, today, its the 3rd largest economy in the world.

Japan after World War 2 was in very bad shape economically. Today, it is the 4th largest economy in the world. It has no colonies.

Sound economic policies are what countries need to become prosperous. They do not need to have colonies to achieve it.

Remind me again, Is Japan an European superpower?

Secondly, why did Germany return some stolen artifacts to Nigeria and some.other countries so far since you think they have or had no colonies?

Do you really understand what these Europeans "superpowers" did?

Funny enough , you actually thought mentioning just one European 'superpower' would disapprove my points? (You should read about Germany and stop thinking they never had colonies or profited from colonialism.)

For you to claim Germany didnt have any colony says alot about your knowledge.

https://www.cambridge.org/core/books/german-colonialism/economy-and-work/06A7AA4280A031C4431E83E0F9E5B99C

https://academic.oup.com/book/33093/chapter-abstract/282269057?redirectedFrom=fulltext

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNg: 6:56am On May 27
⚡German Chancellor Scholz:.

"Ukraine in NATO? Probably not for the next 30 years."

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by dvkot(m): 7:40am On May 27
WrriterNg:
⚡Ukraine is now mobilizing prisoners.

First batch of 350 people serving sentences have already been released and will join to the army.

Up to 20,000 prisoners could be mobilized.
wannabe Wagner 🤭
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by dvkot(m): 7:41am On May 27
WrriterNg:
⚡German Chancellor Scholz:.

"Ukraine in NATO? Probably not for the next 30 years."
wait what? Did scholz actually say this shocked

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by nigeriansamurai(m): 8:06am On May 27
obedience4:

Sorry, that you are still living in the past.

Have you consider Seppuku ??

Now you are being silly🙂

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by nigeriansamurai(m): 8:09am On May 27
Vic2023:
Latest military achievements of the most moral army in the middle east in Rafah! this is what terrorist cancri called for!
The grudge he has against them is the fact that they are Muslims.

4 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by obedience4(m): 8:13am On May 27
grandstar:

Hahaha

"Colonialism" is the scapegoat Africans especially Nigerians used to hide their inadequacies to build and develop their continent and nation

Mighty China was under colonial rule by the imperial Japanese empire

Singapore a landlocked nation colonised by the British without even 2% of Nigeria resources under prime minister
Lee Kuan Yew was transformed from 3rd world Nation to 1st world Nation

South Korea also colonised by the imperial Japanese empire, have also made giant stride

In fact historians will tell you that there is only 7 countries that have never been colonised, 1 in Africa: Ethiopia, and 6 in Asia: Japan, Bhutan, Nepal, Iran, China, Thailand

Yet we are in the 21st century people are still shouting colonialism when other nations have moved on and started developing their Nations. 50 year's from now some Nigerians will still blame the British for their woes

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by obedience4(m): 8:15am On May 27
nigeriansamurai:

Now you are being silly🙂

😂😂😂😂

Wish I can see you in your samurai clothes.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Procashtips(m): 8:22am On May 27
In the next 20-100 years, alot would have happened.

"Countries seen as Eldorado would end up as wastelands while new ones rise and become the toast of the town just as history has made us to understand.

Empires rise and fall, strong then weak, powerful then powerless.

This is how the world works.

So always have an adaptable mind so that you wouldn't have to die with your beloved masters.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by obedience4(m): 8:23am On May 27
Vic2023:
Latest military achievements of the most moral army in the middle east in Rafah! this is what terrorist cancri called for!

The rockets hamas fired into northern isreal yesterday was meant for goats abi??
The civilian that were hit in Israel, they are not humans??

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNg: 8:27am On May 27
⚡The United States will supply Taiwan with "the latest weapons, not old ones like Ukraine," Michael McCaul, chairman of the Foreign Affairs Committee said while visiting Taiwan today.

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by basilico: 8:34am On May 27
obedience4:

The rockets hamas fired into northern isreal yesterday was meant for goats abi??
The civilian that were hit in Israel, they are not humans??

The Jews have iron dome. IDF should not retaliate, they should intercept Hamas rockets instead.
How does IDF know that the rockets are tipped eith explosives and not flowers for the hamas brethren in Israel.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by obedience4(m): 8:36am On May 27
What will happen in a 100 years will be determined by the steps taken today
Countries are building foundations for the next generation to come

Stop blaming others and work on yourself so that the next 100years you are waiting for you will also be among the powerful Nations

When I was still in school, then in Benin City, we used to hear in the television vision 2020 2020 was a far journey to me, they outlined the things Nigeria would become, a careful glanced at the items there Nigeria hasn't achieved one thing stated on it

Countries that are great today there was a conscious and deliberate attempt to build it and develop it

Japan was in ruins, the mighty empire had just be defeated, two massive air strike with bombs never used in the history of man was used on them, they signed over their defence to the USA, yet under such crippling circumstances rose a mighty industrial Nation,
Who at a time was the biggest economy in Asia second largest in the world

you think they sat down and starts blaming the USA and the West for thier woes

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Alamkir: 8:44am On May 27
Procashtips:

I understood and followed the trail of conversation thoroughly. You tried to hide your intention in innuendos but those who knows how to filter properly would have gotten your point which I did.

You're now trying to make it sound like you weren't throwing jabs at him. I 😂

He is very good at that, he is neither here nor their. Confusing his ancestors

2 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by obedience4(m): 8:47am On May 27
basilico:

The Jews have iron dome. IDF should not retaliate, they should intercept Hamas rockets instead.
How does IDF know that the rockets are tipped eith explosives and not flowers for the hamas brethren in Israel.

Do you just write THIS?
Missiles tipped with flowers😂😂😂😂😂😂

2 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Procashtips(m): 8:50am On May 27
Alamkir:

He is very good at that, he is neither here nor their. Confusing his ancestors

Thank God you also saw through his innuendos
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNg: 8:56am On May 27
⚡“Taiwan, unlike Ukraine, will receive new weapons systems, not old ones”, said Chairman of the Foreign Affairs Committee of the US House of Representatives Michael McCaul.

“Unlike Ukraine, I get asked a lot of questions about this, this should not be a land war. It is predominantly a battle at sea.

Taiwan, unlike Ukraine, will receive new weapons systems, not old ones, and especially old Russian weapons. This will be new stock that will be delivered to Taiwan. This will be our latest technology, by the way.

The United States will continue to support our loyal partner and work to maintain the status quo in the Taiwan Strait."

McCaul traveled to Taiwan as part of a bipartisan US Congressional delegation and held talks with newly elected President Lai Qingde.

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Procashtips(m): 9:03am On May 27
WrriterNg:
⚡“Taiwan, unlike Ukraine, will receive new weapons systems, not old ones”, said Chairman of the Foreign Affairs Committee of the US House of Representatives Michael McCaul.

“Unlike Ukraine, I get asked a lot of questions about this, this should not be a land war. It is predominantly a battle at sea.

Taiwan, unlike Ukraine, will receive new weapons systems, not old ones, and especially old Russian weapons. This will be new stock that will be delivered to Taiwan. This will be our latest technology, by the way.

The United States will continue to support our loyal partner and work to maintain the status quo in the Taiwan Strait."

McCaul traveled to Taiwan as part of a bipartisan US Congressional delegation and held talks with newly elected President Lai Qingde.

Taiwan is the new pawn to destory.
Let me see if Asians are truly wiser than Europeans.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by lanre316: 9:10am On May 27
obedience4:
What will happen in a 100 years will be determined by the steps taken today
Countries are building foundations for the next generation to come

Stop blaming others and work on yourself so that the next 100years you are waiting for you will also be among the powerful Nations

When I was still in school, then in Benin City, we used to hear in the television vision 2020 2020 was a far journey to me, they outlined the things Nigeria would become, a careful glanced at the items there Nigeria hasn't achieved one thing stated on it

Countries that are great today there was a conscious and deliberate attempt to build it and develop it

Japan was in ruins, the mighty empire had just be defeated, two massive air strike with bombs never used in the history of man was used on them, they signed over their defence to the USA, yet under such crippling circumstances rose a mighty industrial Nation,
Who at a time was the biggest economy in Asia second largest in the world

you think they sat down and starts blaming the USA and the West for thier woes

Those examples are too far away.

Look at Rwanda right here in Africa. If they had only been blaming Belgium and France for their 1994 genocide, they will be somehow justified. But they won't move forward.

But they didn't. They got to work immediately after the tragedy and today, Rwanda is regarded as the Singapore of Africa.

Excuses and blame games will never lift any nation forward.

If things continue as they are today for the next 100 years, Nigerians will still be blaming the West for their problems, while the nations who want to develop will keep reinventing themselves and developing themselves.

3 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNg: 9:15am On May 27
⚡A defeat of Ukraine would be a humbling episode for the West, a modern Suez Canal moment.

America and Europe have perhaps inadvertently put their own credibility on the line - Politico

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Obedience40: 9:18am On May 27
lanre316:

Those examples are too far away.

Look at Rwanda right here in Africa. If they had only been blaming Belgium and France for their 1994 genocide, they will be somehow justified. But they won't move forward.

But they didn't. They got to work immediately after the tragedy and today, Rwanda is regarded as the Singapore of Africa.

Excuses and blame games will never lift any nation forward.

If things continue as they are today for the next 100 years, Nigerians will still be blaming the West for their problems, while the nations who want to develop will keep reinventing themselves and developing themselves.

Rwanda is one of the major tourist destination In Africa,
You are 100% correct.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by lanre316: 9:26am On May 27
WrriterNg:
⚡A defeat of Ukraine would be a humbling episode for the West, a modern Suez Canal moment.

America and Europe have perhaps inadvertently put their own credibility on the line - Politico

It doesn't have to be zero sum game. Ending the war should be a priority for both sides. Even Trump made this clear.

In an ideal world, there shouldn't be humiliations for anyone if negotiations between Russia and Ukraine ended the war and further unnecessary deaths were avoided.

But like Fela Kuti said, na craze world we dey.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Cancri: 9:31am On May 27
Vic2023:
The divine promise to establish Palestine from the sea to the river will be fulfilled, just as God's promise to Moses' mother was fulfilled.
stupid old man.
Palestine will never become a state, Israel was, Israel is, and Israel will be forever.
Old man you will die and Israel will still be here. Palestinian state will not be achieved
Jihadist
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNg: 9:52am On May 27
⚡Iran's former president Ahmadinejad considers running for president again in less than 50 days.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1837) (1838) (1839) (1840) (1841) (1842) (1843) ... (1952) (Reply)

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military .

Viewing this topic: Regex, dvkot(m), pansophist(m), LordAdam16, Fash20, Allthelight(m), Saladdin and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.