Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:51 AM

Jehovah's Witnesses And Babylon The Great - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses And Babylon The Great (905 Views)

Babylon The Great Is Jerusalem,not America / Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses And Babylon The Great by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:55am On Oct 07, 2023
AnAbnormalHuman:

I don't want to prove you wrong.

The Bible was written by Jehovah's witnesses,
This is what you should WORK on because it was the year 1931 that God's Holy Spirit revealed that name to God's organization after we have performed excellently in fulfilling what God promised regarding His worshipers in the endtime:

In the final part of the days, The mountain of the house of Jehovah Will become firmly established above the top of the mountains, And it will be raised up above the hills, And to it all the nations will stream. And many peoples will go and say: “Come, let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah, To the house of the God of Jacob. He will instruct us about his ways, And we will walk in his paths.” For law will go out of Zion, And the word of Jehovah out of Jerusalem. He will render judgment among the nations And set matters straight respecting many peoples. They will beat their swords into plowshares And their spears into pruning shears. Nation will not lift up sword against nation, Nor will they learn war anymore. Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3

If you agree that the Bible was written by Jehovah's Witnesses then you're getting close to your salvation because that's the name God called all His loyal servants {Isaiah 43:10} Jesus made it clear that during the endtime it will be difficult for lazy people to identify the group that's doing God's will {Matthew 24:11} but if you're faithful you will know them through their performance! Matthew 7:16-18

I am not saying you can't find some follow follow members in God's organization but whoever failed to recognize God's organization is doomed {Matthew 25:40-46} the reason is what Isaiah and Micah foretold regarding the performance of God's people in the endtime.

Read Isaiah 2:2-4 and Micah 4:1-3 again then try to meditate thoroughly because that is the reason why the true God began calling His organization by that hidden group name {Isaiah 65:15} after the borrowed name "CHRISTIANS" was bastardized by Satan's agents who hijacked it after the death of the apostles {Matthew 13:25} when Jesus returned in the year 1914 (as JWs said) he started looking for the group that's practicing what he laid down but there was none {Luke 18:8} the one and only group willing to make amendments that year is called the International Bible Students Association (IBSA) so Jesus began working with them until they're no longer part of the religions following Satan's system {Revelations 18:4} ever since then if anyone wants to be saved you will see all the evidences pointing to that organization as they're performing excellently in doing God's will as prophesied in the Bible book of Isaiah 2:2-4 and Micah 4:1-3

So the ORGANIZATION didn't just wake up with that name rather the true God is the ONE who began calling them by that group name after they have separated themselves from false religions destined for destruction! Isaiah 65:15

Thanks for your time! smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses And Babylon The Great by Janosky: 9:50pm On Oct 07, 2023
AnAbnormalHuman:

I don't want to prove you wrong.
I just want to end this (literally, here's my last reply on this).

I'm glad you accepted all the charges I filed against you.
Now,
1. The Bible was written by Jehovah's witnesses, not an organization called "Jehovah's Witnesses" .
2. Calling yourselves Jehovah's Witnesses doesn't make you a witness of Jehovah.
If it is by words and naming names, then I'm the President's Uncle.
3. My religion remains Christianity and yes, I practice and try to be like Christ...
I dunno who re-categorized religion into Jehovah's Witnesses and Winners Chapelists and Mountain Of Fire-lites and every other thing you consider as a religion.

By the way, face it, the only thing that's making you consistent in your organization is that zeal that you inherited from your Islamic days.
Nothing too special about the organization, I've seen y'all, especially janosky insulting people so openly, unlike Jesus (Jesus said that whoever calls his brother a fool is in danger of hell)
I've seen a JW outside this forum have a boyfriend.
I've seen JWs (top leaders) sexu@lly harassing fellow members and the other leaders cover up the case, up to the point of lying in court.

So yh, there's nothing special about you obeying your organization's orders.
It's brand loyalty — just as you were loyal to Allah for a while.

I know, maybe I've slightly triggered you and you'll probably respond with some prideful statement that bypasses the points I've made.

So here's my main point.
I was just replying sandman2022, I didn't ask to learn any extra stuff about y'all. So you shouldn't have mentioned me unnecessarily (and marketed your organization to me).

Who told you those woke Ozuo are my brothers?
In your own Bible did Jesus say the disciples foolish?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses And Babylon The Great by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:14pm On Oct 07, 2023
Janosky:

Who told you those woke Ozuo are my brothers? In your own Bible did Jesus say the disciples foolish?
Most of them just look for ways to accuse a JW instead of asking for the PRACTICAL APPLICATION of what the Bible say.
I wonder if faithless miscreants are brothers to him but as for me only JWs are my brothers in the faith! wink

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses And Babylon The Great by Sand2022: 11:42am On Oct 12, 2023
AnAbnormalHuman:

You have said well OP.

I think many Biblical stuff is always full of symbolisms.
Even the best may always run into errors cos it's some serious complex stuff.

But you also said well by adding that the JWs shouldn't condemn other religions as a way of redeeming themselves from their imperfections.

That Babylon the Great, it's not a physical Kingdom, it's Spiritual.
Just like the physical Babylon ruled over every nation of the world back then, the spiritual Babylonian influence is ruling over every part of the world these days, and it will be evident when you observe trends that flow fluidly across different races.

But the Kingdom Of Heaven is also here with us, so even though Babylon rules, we don't actually belong to it's Kingdom, we belong to the Kingdom of Heaven where there's Righteousness, Peace and Joy in the Holy Spirit.

Fine point.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses And Babylon The Great by Sand2022: 11:52am On Oct 12, 2023
Janosky:

Oga, your points is not well presented here because it seems you did not likely reference Revelation 17:18 but you had in mind another chapter of Revelation.

If your point is based on the aspect you bolded, that's the verse I mean.

Rev 17
18 And the woman whom you saw means the great city that has a kingdom over the kings of the earth.”

There "means" didnt make the JWs to believe that "the great city" stands for Babylon the Great.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses And Babylon The Great by Sand2022: 11:55am On Oct 12, 2023
Janosky:

In history, was any woman addressed as Babylon?
Not at all!

"Babylon" represents something.... Yes!
empire definition
/ˈɛmpʌɪə/
noun
an extensive group of states or countries ruled over by a single monarch, an oligarchy, or a sovereign state.

Oga, take note:
"Simply put, it means the the Great City, but this city has a kingdom over the kings of the earth."

The city/woman commands global influence, power on a global scale (over the kings of the earth everywhere),in the same manner that ancient Babylon's influence/power extended beyond the physical borders of the Babylonian empire.

In history, was any woman addressed as Babylon?
Not at all!

Fine point. Thank you for bringing another reason why your church interpretation of that woman is wrong. Kudos.

But perhaps you didn't even understand my point.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses And Babylon The Great by Janosky: 12:51pm On Oct 12, 2023
Sand2022:

If your point is based on the aspect you bolded, that's the verse I mean.

Rev 17
18 And the woman whom you saw means the great city that has a kingdom over the kings of the earth.”

There "means" didnt make the JWs to believe that "the great city" stands for Babylon the Great.

Sand2022:

Fine point. Thank you for bringing another reason why your church interpretation of that woman is wrong. Kudos.

But perhaps you didn't even understand my point.

grin grin grin
Babylon is Revelation 17:18 is NOT a woman with blood in her veins.
Let me mark it down to a level you can understand.

That is the same point expressed in Rev 17:18 And "the woman whom you saw means the great city that has a kingdom over the kings of the earth.”

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What's The Difference Between Demons And Christians Who Don't Obey Jesus? / Most Important Fact In Christianity / Christians In The House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.