Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Woman To Marry Sweetheart After 7 Years And Plum Job: - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Woman To Marry Sweetheart After 7 Years And Plum Job: (1265 Views)

Love Names And Romatic Nicknames For Your Sweetheart. / Reaction Of Seeing Your Childhood Sweetheart After Several Yrs? / Love Poem That Melt Your Sweetheart Heart. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman To Marry Sweetheart After 7 Years And Plum Job: by SwtNsoFLyy(f): 11:20pm On Aug 24, 2007
A 25 year old woman has agreed to say “I do” to her secondary school sweetheart after 7 years of rejecting his marriage proposals. Eyewitnesses report that her decision to say “yes” after seven years of saying “no, no, no” are unrelated to his current status as a well-paid oil company executive.

The woman, known as Mary, was 18 years old when John, her first boyfriend, first proposed marriage to her. He was tall but skinny, sweet and kind but not particularly rich, and he loved her very much. He got down on one knee, kissed Mary’s hand and simply asked “will you marry me?” Her answer was simple enough, “no, John, that will not be possible. We are both young and still students, and moreso even though I like you a lot the truth is that I don’t love you!” They parted ways but he kept in touch and always reminded her of his love.

Five years later, John was working for a small NGO and barely making ends meet. He asked Mary out for a “friendly chat”, but during their date he got down on both knees, and brought out an engagement ring. With tears in his eyes and a quivering voice, he declared his undying love for her and asked her, with great emotion, to be his wife and enjoy his love and care “till death do us part”. She replied, “what part of ‘no’ don’t you understand? The ‘N’ or the ‘O’? I already said I do not love you. We can only be friends, and that’s it! Even if you were the last man on earth …”

After another two years, John visited her again, this time in a shiny black Volvo. He had gained some weight, and now he looked really healthy. He had a expensive suit on his massive shoulders. His driver opened the door for him and he marched briskly into Mary’s apartment. He pressed the doorbell and she opened the door. A look of surprise came to her face as she recognized him and said “come in, please”. The following conversation ensued:

John: Hello Mary, I’m sorry I didn’t visit you all this time.

Mary: *smiles weakly*

John: Well, you know how these oil companies are. They like to overwork their staff; they think they have the right to overwork you because they are paying you 900k per month.

Mary: *opens her mouth as if to say something, then closes it*

John: Anyway, my wife sends her greetings. Do you remember Amina from the University? Well we have a bouncing baby boy and she’s pregnant with my second child!

Mary: *shakes her head involuntarily, then nods “yes”*

John: I can understand your discomfort at my presence and I won’t take too much of your time. Please accept this 50,000 Naira as pocket money since I forgot to give you a Christmas present. And here’s my card, in case you ever need to call me. Bye!

When John got back to his office, there was a message on his answering machine:

My Dearest Honey-Bunny,

Do you know that you are now the only ketchup in my salad? Yes, you are, because I broke up with my boyfriend this afternoon. I was never really in love with him, you know.

Since the first day I met you, I have known that you would be my husband. Yesterday, I fell in love with you all over again. Many waters cannot quench our true love.

I am your Juliet, and you are my Romeo. Our passion, which has nothing to do with filthy lucre, is pure, powerful and eternal. Come, my love, and caress me in pleasant places tonight.

Please kindly accept my application to be your lawfully wedded second wife. Tomorrow we marry!

Your one and only true love and sweetie-pie,
Mary.

That was yesterday. Today they marry. Tomorrow she finds out that it was all a set-up.
Re: Woman To Marry Sweetheart After 7 Years And Plum Job: by godslead(f): 10:07am On Aug 25, 2007
It wz a setup? grin
So does dat mean he wasnt married to amina shocked
Re: Woman To Marry Sweetheart After 7 Years And Plum Job: by Macgreat(m): 10:41am On Aug 25, 2007
Setup?
Re: Woman To Marry Sweetheart After 7 Years And Plum Job: by Macgreat(m): 10:43am On Aug 25, 2007
Setup?
Re: Woman To Marry Sweetheart After 7 Years And Plum Job: by Macgreat(m): 10:43am On Aug 25, 2007
Setup?
Re: Woman To Marry Sweetheart After 7 Years And Plum Job: by Nobody: 11:17am On Aug 25, 2007
Huh?? undecided
Re: Woman To Marry Sweetheart After 7 Years And Plum Job: by Seun(m): 11:21am On Aug 25, 2007
What is the source of this story, if I may ask?
Re: Woman To Marry Sweetheart After 7 Years And Plum Job: by Nobody: 12:05pm On Aug 25, 2007
Hints magazine reject! angry
Re: Woman To Marry Sweetheart After 7 Years And Plum Job: by SwtNsoFLyy(f): 3:59pm On Aug 25, 2007

LOL, I found this somewhere online. Its not a true story,, but I thought that if it was, this man finally got his wish and not only had one wife, but got the woman loved to marry him by whatever means necessary, smiley

peace,

Re: Woman To Marry Sweetheart After 7 Years And Plum Job: by Seun(m): 9:37pm On Aug 25, 2007
I wrote it, so it's funny that you are posting it here without proper attribution. angry
Re: Woman To Marry Sweetheart After 7 Years And Plum Job: by SwtNsoFLyy(f): 11:13pm On Aug 25, 2007

did you really write this? My apologies,  I got it from naijarita.com, where I visit abit.  Sorry about that,,  but there really is no need to become angry for a honest mistake, if you are offended.   People often post threads to share a laugh with others from the internet,,  tho I was trying to share something very cute & funny on the site,  what an awful feeling as a newcomer feeling unwelcomed,      undecided   

love & light,

, , maybe I dont belong here on nairaland , , if I feel as if I must work harder to get the slightest positive response. I may not be African, but i am an African American with much pride, love & respect 4 all of Africa, I never knew such barriers would exist between our people ,

God's blessings 2 all,

peace,

Natalia Madrid

Re: Woman To Marry Sweetheart After 7 Years And Plum Job: by iice(f): 5:26am On Aug 26, 2007
LMFAO @ topic. . .so because he 'looks' like he's rolling in $$ she decided to marry him? grin

People can be lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Woman To Marry Sweetheart After 7 Years And Plum Job: by azpunpin: 6:13am On Aug 26, 2007
Hmmmmmmmmm,
Nah Lady u see so oooooooooooooooooooo, So check ur pocket very well b4 u propose abi?No no no, How i wish it should happen to someone close to me, Not me ooooo cos i no get dat kind patience at all, Laye laye,

Love Ya.
Re: Woman To Marry Sweetheart After 7 Years And Plum Job: by sammy6(m): 7:00am On Aug 26, 2007
Nice one
Re: Woman To Marry Sweetheart After 7 Years And Plum Job: by Macutie(f): 4:41pm On Aug 26, 2007
The girl sef na OLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Woman To Marry Sweetheart After 7 Years And Plum Job: by ariblaze(m): 4:49pm On Aug 26, 2007
@SwtNsoFLyy

everyone hets hazed

i dont even think you got one

do come back,

anyways that was pretty neat stuff reading

*****hmmm he wonders whether he shouldnt take a lead from that*******

Gran maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: Woman To Marry Sweetheart After 7 Years And Plum Job: by iice(f): 5:19pm On Aug 26, 2007
Granson, don't tell me you are contemplating doing that!
Re: Woman To Marry Sweetheart After 7 Years And Plum Job: by ariblaze(m): 5:22pm On Aug 27, 2007
hmmmmmm

mama

am thinking about it ooo

(1) (Reply)

My Girl Dumped Me, Now I'll Beg Her, Get Her And Dump Her / dd / For My Nigerian/african Sisters, Let's Share Our Tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.