Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,334 members, 7,815,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

Update: Identity Of Female Driver Crushed To Death By Passenger Train In Abuja U - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Update: Identity Of Female Driver Crushed To Death By Passenger Train In Abuja U (1030 Views)

Train Rams Into Car In Kubwa Abuja; Female Driver Feared Dead (pics/video) / Mob Burnt Truckload Of Salt In Onitsha After Driver Crushed Cart Pusher To Death / Driver Crushed To Death By His Truck In Edo Accident (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Update: Identity Of Female Driver Crushed To Death By Passenger Train In Abuja U by Busy76: 7:55am On Dec 16, 2022
The woman crushed to death by a passenger train at the Chikakore axis of Kubwa, Abuja, has been identified as Selimota Idowu Suleiman, a staff of NTA Channel 5.

The deceased was on her way to the office when the incident happened at about 10am on Thursday, December 15, 2022.

Until her death, late Selimota was a Principal Accountant with the Finance Department.

An eye witness said that the incident occurred about five minutes to the Kubwa Train Station, while Selimota, who was driving in her private vehicle attempted to cross the rail line as the Abuja-Kaduna train was coming on high speed.

It was gathered that a passenger by, a young man, tried to help her reverse to no avail and by the time she decided to come down it was too late.

A video obtained shows the moment the train h#t the car and dragged it along the track.

Spokesperson of the Federal Capital Territory Police Command, DSP Josephine Adeh, confirmed the incident in a statement.

“FCT POLICE COMMAND IS AWARE OF THE UNFORTUNATE INCIDENT OF RAIL/ MOTOR FATAL ACCIDENT THAT HAPPENED AT CHIKAKORE AXIS IN THE KUBWA AREA COUNCIL OF THE FCT,” THE STATEMENT READ.

“UPON RECEIPT OF THE INFORMATION CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATORS ATTACHED TO THE BYAZIN DIVISIONAL POLICE HEADQUARTERS DRIFTED SWIFTLY TO THE SCENE, TOOK CHARGE OF THE SITUATION, WHERE THE VICTIM WAS CONFIRMED DEAD BY A MEDICAL PRACTITIONER ON THE GROUND.

“INVESTIGATION HAS COMMENCED BY THE RAILWAY DIVISION HAVING JURISDICTION OVER THE TRACK. FINDINGS AND SAFETY TIPS ALREADY EXISTING WILL BE REITERATED TO ENSURE A NON-REPEAT OF THE INCIDENT SHORTLY.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phZ2nNFolN8

https://thisweekng.com/2022/12/16/update-identity-of-female-driver-crashed-to-death-by-passenger-train-in-abuja-unveiled/

Re: Update: Identity Of Female Driver Crushed To Death By Passenger Train In Abuja U by Reinamaria(f): 8:01am On Dec 16, 2022
How unfortunate. sad
May her soul find peace.

2 Likes

Re: Update: Identity Of Female Driver Crushed To Death By Passenger Train In Abuja U by Whitecoal711: 8:02am On Dec 16, 2022
Life just like a vapor ,life a debt,so fragile,not sure of the nest minutes
Live life wisely,never can tell when
May she RIP
Re: Update: Identity Of Female Driver Crushed To Death By Passenger Train In Abuja U by spinna: 8:13am On Dec 16, 2022
Sad accident.. that train no even do like say e hit anything

1 Like

Re: Update: Identity Of Female Driver Crushed To Death By Passenger Train In Abuja U by Lonestar124: 8:16am On Dec 16, 2022
Careless death

1 Like

Re: Update: Identity Of Female Driver Crushed To Death By Passenger Train In Abuja U by ojun50(m): 8:25am On Dec 16, 2022
Any thin APC na wahala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Update: Identity Of Female Driver Crushed To Death By Passenger Train In Abuja U by udomonday: 8:26am On Dec 16, 2022
Live everyday as if it's your last,it happened to me yesterday,I just parked my car in front of a spare parts shop to buy fuel pump, immediately I stepped out of the car and was talking to the seller,a car just came out of the bend with speed and shatters by car from the back and dragged me along,it was like what you see in movies,i sustained injuries but am grateful is wasn't worse,am right now on the bed nursing my wounds.

1 Like

Re: Update: Identity Of Female Driver Crushed To Death By Passenger Train In Abuja U by JASONjnr(m): 8:28am On Dec 16, 2022
She parked the car there and could sight the train coming from afar .......And just when the train was very close...She opened the door and tried to escape....

Its either this was a suicide or she was being controlled by some spiritual forces....

Either way, this doesn't.ake any sense to me....

3 Likes

Re: Update: Identity Of Female Driver Crushed To Death By Passenger Train In Abuja U by triple996(m): 8:29am On Dec 16, 2022
May Allah have mercy on her soul
When its your time, it's your time
It's even looks like suicide bt it definitely is not suicide. Everyone will one day in one way or another
Re: Update: Identity Of Female Driver Crushed To Death By Passenger Train In Abuja U by meobizy(f): 12:38pm On Dec 16, 2022
She committed suicide. It was evident in the video.
Re: Update: Identity Of Female Driver Crushed To Death By Passenger Train In Abuja U by ahiboilandgas: 2:58pm On Dec 16, 2022
Busy76:
The woman crushed to death by a passenger train at the Chikakore axis of Kubwa, Abuja, has been identified as Selimota Idowu Suleiman, a staff of NTA Channel 5.

The deceased was on her way to the office when the incident happened at about 10am on Thursday, December 15, 2022.

Until her death, late Selimota was a Principal Accountant with the Finance Department.

An eye witness said that the incident occurred about five minutes to the Kubwa Train Station, while Selimota, who was driving in her private vehicle attempted to cross the rail line as the Abuja-Kaduna train was coming on high speed.

It was gathered that a passenger by, a young man, tried to help her reverse to no avail and by the time she decided to come down it was too late.

A video obtained shows the moment the train h#t the car and dragged it along the track.

Spokesperson of the Federal Capital Territory Police Command, DSP Josephine Adeh, confirmed the incident in a statement.

“FCT POLICE COMMAND IS AWARE OF THE UNFORTUNATE INCIDENT OF RAIL/ MOTOR FATAL ACCIDENT THAT HAPPENED AT CHIKAKORE AXIS IN THE KUBWA AREA COUNCIL OF THE FCT,” THE STATEMENT READ.

“UPON RECEIPT OF THE INFORMATION CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATORS ATTACHED TO THE BYAZIN DIVISIONAL POLICE HEADQUARTERS DRIFTED SWIFTLY TO THE SCENE, TOOK CHARGE OF THE SITUATION, WHERE THE VICTIM WAS CONFIRMED DEAD BY A MEDICAL PRACTITIONER ON THE GROUND.

“INVESTIGATION HAS COMMENCED BY THE RAILWAY DIVISION HAVING JURISDICTION OVER THE TRACK. FINDINGS AND SAFETY TIPS ALREADY EXISTING WILL BE REITERATED TO ENSURE A NON-REPEAT OF THE INCIDENT SHORTLY.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phZ2nNFolN8

https://thisweekng.com/2022/12/16/update-identity-of-female-driver-crashed-to-death-by-passenger-train-in-abuja-unveiled/
this is suicide Nah .
Re: Update: Identity Of Female Driver Crushed To Death By Passenger Train In Abuja U by iHateFraudsters: 8:12pm On Dec 16, 2022
JASONjnr:
She parked the car there and could sight the train coming from afar .......And just when the train was very close...She opened the door and tried to escape....

Its either this was a suicide or she was being controlled by some spiritual forces....

No atom of sense.
Re: Update: Identity Of Female Driver Crushed To Death By Passenger Train In Abuja U by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 16, 2022
I go watch the video when I subs.
Re: Update: Identity Of Female Driver Crushed To Death By Passenger Train In Abuja U by iLoveYouToo(m): 1:40am On Dec 17, 2022
JASONjnr:

She probably thought the train would stop for her.

When women drive, the whole world stands still. Finally, she rests

(1) (Reply)

Study In Malaysia-may Entry / Cancellation Of Visa Category We Already Applied For. / Just How Tough Are You ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.