Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,785 members, 7,827,890 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Christmas Competition For The Kids. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Christmas Competition For The Kids. (1071 Views)

Dad Sends His Wife Hilarious Photos Everytime She Asks If The Kids Are Okay / Are The Kids Good Enough Reason To Endure & Stay An Abusive Marriage? / "It's A Man's Duty To Clean, Cook And Raise The Kids" - Reno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christmas Competition For The Kids. by Nobody: 6:09am On Dec 17, 2022
So since Christmas is around the corner, I've been thinking of hosting a mini Christmas competition on Christmas day for kids between the ages of 5 and 15 years old.

We'll be all at home along with my nephews, nieces, and the kids from the neighborhood will be coming to the house to play with them.

We all know that Christmas is for the kids and we need to make it memorable for them.. The competition would include singing, dancing, poetry, and playing of drums. The winner between the ages of 5 to 10 would get a mini trophy along with either a remote car toy, or a Barbie collection depending on whether the winner is a boy or a girl.

As for the kids between the ages of 11 to 15, the winner will be awarded with a trophy too along with a 20L pnp grocery hamper bucket consisting of grocery, snacks, and sweets.

Those who didn't win will get 2 cup cakes each and a 100% mini fruit juice just to cheer them up and show appreciation.

I was thinking of hosting the competition at home since we have a lot of space there and the front yard is quite big, but the problem is that my mother is against it and says I'll be wasting money... The whole thing won't cost me more than R1000 and I don't mind spending such money because I've worked for it.

But my mother doesn't seems too pleased and I'm confused as whether to continue with the competition anyway, forget about it, or look for another place for me to host it.. undecided undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Christmas Competition For The Kids. by God1000(m): 6:41am On Dec 17, 2022
Organising such competition for kids is very nice, they are gonna like it, but I also understand why your mum is against it.

Maybe you should consider doing something else for them
Re: Christmas Competition For The Kids. by ForValour: 8:20am On Dec 17, 2022
Hmmm...
That's surely a great idea for the season and R1000 (which is about N25000) doesn't seem too much to give the kids a memorable xmas celebration
While at it, you should also give the reason for the season; love, sharing and selfless service to humanity.
Since you have the space, use your compound only, try convince your mum to be an active part in the planning, she might be happy to work with you.
Season Greetings
Re: Christmas Competition For The Kids. by Nobody: 8:31am On Dec 17, 2022
Something else like what?
God1000:
Organising such competition for kids is very nice, they are gonna like it, but I also understand why your mum is against it.

Maybe you should consider doing something else for them
Re: Christmas Competition For The Kids. by Nobody: 8:33am On Dec 17, 2022
I'll keep trying to convince her because my siblings like the idea too.
ForValour:
Hmmm...
That's surely a great idea for the season and R1000 (which is about N25000) doesn't seem too much to give the kids a memorable xmas celebration
While at it, you should also give the reason for the season; love, sharing and selfless service to humanity.
Since you have the space, use your compound only, try convince your mum to be an active part in the planning, she might be happy to work with you.
Season Greetings
Re: Christmas Competition For The Kids. by ForValour: 8:39am On Dec 17, 2022
Samantha123:
I'll keep trying to convince her because my siblings like the idea too.
It is an inspiring idea.
Good enough for others to emulate
Re: Christmas Competition For The Kids. by God1000(m): 8:48am On Dec 17, 2022
Samantha123:
Something else like what?
I'm racking my brain, trying to think up of something similar but I can't.

It's either you try and win your mum over or you cut the budget for the event.
Re: Christmas Competition For The Kids. by Nobody: 9:08am On Dec 17, 2022
I'm not planning on cutting any budget because it's my money and I've worked for it.

Had it been that it's the money my mother gave me, then I'd understand, but I'm no longer financially dependant on my parents because I've got my own source of income.

And if I cut the budget, the competition wouldn't be as fun as I want it to be... So I'll keep trying to convince her.
God1000:
I'm racking my brain, trying to think up of something similar but I can't.

It's either you try and win your mum over or you cut the budget for the event.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christmas Competition For The Kids. by God1000(m): 9:10am On Dec 17, 2022
Samantha123:
I'm not planning on cutting any budget because it's my money and I've worked for it.

Had it been that it's the money my mother gave me, then I'd understand, but I'm no longer financially dependant on my parents because I've got my own source of income.

And if I cut the budget, the competition wouldn't be as fun as I want it to be... So I'll keep trying to convince her.
I think that's okay, it's your money, so go ahead.

But still talk to your mum, so she won't feel disrespected.
Re: Christmas Competition For The Kids. by God1000(m): 9:11am On Dec 17, 2022
Re: Christmas Competition For The Kids. by garriAndsugar: 10:45pm On Dec 20, 2022
Samantha123:

I also have large space in my yard too..
You can come over..
Re: Christmas Competition For The Kids. by Nobody: 10:56pm On Dec 20, 2022
Give me the directions.. grin grin grin
garriAndsugar:

I also have large space in my yard too..
You can come over..
Re: Christmas Competition For The Kids. by garriAndsugar: 11:25pm On Dec 20, 2022
Samantha123:
Give me the directions.. grin grin grin
My bed is warming up for you also cool
Re: Christmas Competition For The Kids. by Nobody: 11:29pm On Dec 20, 2022
Is the competition going to be held in your bed?
garriAndsugar:

My bed is warming up for you also cool
Re: Christmas Competition For The Kids. by garriAndsugar: 11:32pm On Dec 20, 2022
Samantha123:
Is the competition going to be held in your bed?
After the competition, the bed will be used to celebrate a successful competition
Re: Christmas Competition For The Kids. by Nobody: 11:34pm On Dec 20, 2022
How will it be used? shocked shocked shocked
garriAndsugar:

After the competition, the bed will be used to celebrate a successful competition
Re: Christmas Competition For The Kids. by garriAndsugar: 11:42pm On Dec 20, 2022
Samantha123:
How will it be used? shocked shocked shocked
We will use ourselves on the bed. It's okay if you don't like bed, chair or floor is still good.
CG hits good on a chair though
Re: Christmas Competition For The Kids. by Nobody: 11:44pm On Dec 20, 2022
Wow! You really need to go to sleep.
garriAndsugar:

We will use ourselves on the bed. It's okay if you don't like bed, chair or floor is still good.
CG hits good on a chair though
Re: Christmas Competition For The Kids. by garriAndsugar: 11:47pm On Dec 20, 2022
Samantha123:
Wow! You really need to go to sleep.
Yeah..with you on top
Re: Christmas Competition For The Kids. by jamesversion: 5:47am On Dec 21, 2022
Samantha123:
So since Christmas is around the corner, I've been thinking of hosting a mini Christmas competition on Christmas day for kids between the ages of 5 and 15 years old.

We'll be all at home along with my nephews, nieces, and the kids from the neighborhood will be coming to the house to play with them.

We all know that Christmas is for the kids and we need to make it memorable for them.. The competition would include singing, dancing, poetry, and playing of drums. The winner between the ages of 5 to 10 would get a mini trophy along with either a remote car toy, or a Barbie collection depending on whether the winner is a boy or a girl.

As for the kids between the ages of 11 to 15, the winner will be awarded with a trophy too along with a 20L pnp grocery hamper bucket consisting of grocery, snacks, and sweets.

Those who didn't win will get 2 cup cakes each and a 100% mini fruit juice just to cheer them up and show appreciation.

I was thinking of hosting the competition at home since we have a lot of space there and the front yard is quite big, but the problem is that my mother is against it and says I'll be wasting money... The whole thing won't cost me more than R1000 and I don't mind spending such money because I've worked for it.

But my mother doesn't seems too pleased and I'm confused as whether to continue with the competition anyway, forget about it, or look for another place for me to host it.. undecided undecided undecided

Why don't you send me the R1000 lemme organise a Christmas children party here In Nigeria on your behalf? grin
Re: Christmas Competition For The Kids. by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 21, 2022
I don't trust that smile of yours.. grin grin.. I have a feeling that you'll send half of the money to your urgent 2k girlfriend.. grin grin grin
jamesversion:

Why don't you send me the R1000 lemme organise a Christmas children party here In Nigeria on your behalf? grin
Re: Christmas Competition For The Kids. by jamesversion: 8:10am On Dec 21, 2022
Samantha123:
I don't trust that smile of yours.. grin grin.. I have a feeling that you'll send half of the money to your urgent 2k girlfriend.. grin grin grin

It is no longer urgent 2k oh. They have upgraded. This is Xmas season grin
Re: Christmas Competition For The Kids. by Nobody: 8:43am On Dec 21, 2022
I'm guessing they now want you to do Christmas for them and you want to use the money to do Christmas for your girlfriend... grin grin grin
jamesversion:

It is no longer urgent 2k oh. They have upgraded. This is Xmas season grin
Re: Christmas Competition For The Kids. by jamesversion: 8:49am On Dec 21, 2022
Samantha123:
I'm guessing they now want you to do Christmas for them and you want to use the money to do Christmas for your girlfriend... grin grin grin

No nah. I will do Christmas for children particularly and invite the girls to come and partake.

It's a win win. grin
Re: Christmas Competition For The Kids. by Nobody: 9:31am On Dec 21, 2022
I foresee you using the money to buy a full goat for pepper soup and not sharing it with anyone.

I have a feeling that you wouldn't even want a single child near you.. grin grin grin
jamesversion:

No nah. I will do Christmas for children particularly and invite the girls to come and partake.

It's a win win. grin
Re: Christmas Competition For The Kids. by jamesversion: 9:50am On Dec 21, 2022
Samantha123:
I foresee you using the money to buy a full goat for pepper soup and not sharing it with anyone.

I have a feeling that you wouldn't even want a single child near you.. grin grin grin

Hahahahaha. No I'm not like that. I will do as you wish. I will throw a kids party in your name. I will bring Santa's Claus and he will share gifts. wink
Re: Christmas Competition For The Kids. by jamesversion: 9:54am On Dec 21, 2022
And why do guys bother you with mails when they know you're in South Africa. You're like someone In faraway UK. Meeting you will require flight ticket. grin
Re: Christmas Competition For The Kids. by Nobody: 10:42am On Dec 21, 2022
You're giving me player vibes.. grin grin grin
jamesversion:

Hahahahaha. No I'm not like that. I will do as you wish. I will throw a kids party in your name. I will bring Santa's Claus and he will share gifts. wink
Re: Christmas Competition For The Kids. by Nobody: 10:48am On Dec 21, 2022
You Nigerians are very good at traveling to other countries and traveling to an another country is like traveling to an another state in Nigeria for you guys.. grin grin grin
jamesversion:
And why do guys bother you with mails when they know you're in South Africa. You're like someone In faraway UK. Meeting you will require flight ticket. grin
Re: Christmas Competition For The Kids. by jamesversion: 11:23am On Dec 21, 2022
Samantha123:
You're giving me player vibes.. grin grin grin

I'm no. 9. Sharp shooter. grin grin grin

You're lucky you're not Nigerian. You would have been no 1 on my list. grin grin

You're a very beautiful and every player is as good as his last game. wink
Re: Christmas Competition For The Kids. by jamesversion: 11:27am On Dec 21, 2022
Samantha123:
You Nigerians are very good at traveling to other countries and traveling to an another country is like traveling to an another state in Nigeria for you guys.. grin grin grin

Nigerians travel alot but mostly for economic reasons.

Canada on my mind sha. But haven't really come to terms with the idea of being an immigrant somewhere with limited status.

Doesnt sit right with me being somewhere and not being able to really be a part of them.

That is the major reason I'm still in Nigeria... and I'm not in a bad economic position.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Most Men Beat Their Wives. / Relationship Advice Needed / Husband Who Beats Wife For Burning Food By Zone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.