Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense - Business (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense (23233 Views)

Naira Makes List Of 15 Worst Currencies Against The US Dollar - Statisense / Diversion Of Diaspora Remittances To Black Market Weakens Naira - CBN / Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by SugarGirl44(f): 10:23pm On Dec 17, 2022
adefitim:
Just imagine how they would have brag if Na them top this list!

As in......we for no fit sleep this night.
Proverb no dey lie, empty barels make the loudest noise.

3 Likes

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by SugarGirl44(f): 10:25pm On Dec 17, 2022
nedekid:

Edo is glaringly obvious. Could be more. But you know a lot of those folks reside in SW states. Same also applies to SE, SS people that mostly stay in the south western states. One may say right or wrong, It influenced the high remittance to SW. But of course Yorubas are well traveled and also have high incomes in specialized, highly skilled fields abroad which enables them remit huge amounts.
In surmarry, I think the south has done well, compared to others that did not appear. Does it mean their people dont stay abroad?

Una must find excuse.
Una no dey gree...lolzzzz

Did anybody invite una fathers to SW?
If they tell you to go back home so that your so called figures can reflect there, una go still shed tears.
What exactly is the nature of your problem?
Who cursed y’all?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Nnannapat(m): 10:26pm On Dec 17, 2022
SugarGirl44:

Just shut up bloody chest beater, if not...if not...yen yen yen.
I thought y’all have always boasted to be the highest people remitting to the country, but now that the stats has busted your lies, you’re shifting goal post.

If another stat is conducted, this new lie of yours would still be busted.
Apart from the okirika pant and bra plus other dustbin items and fake products y’all import, which is even detrimental to the naira btw, you guys are totally useless. Your forte is crime, just stick to it.

Your shame would be revealed when you get your biafra, that’s when you’ll know how much of empty barels you guys are.
I can’t wait for that to happen.
Who unleashed this dog?
Please take your negative energy somewhere else, you are knocking at the wrong door.

2 Likes

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by totit: 10:34pm On Dec 17, 2022
nisai:
The stats don spoil your day. [b]Your night goes full of nightmares[/b]too if u continue like this.

grin grin grin grin
I dey tell you. The dude just dey blab unnecessarily and has left his brain inside Akpu before coming online.

Lmoooo @ the bolded

5 Likes

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by nedekid: 10:37pm On Dec 17, 2022
SugarGirl44:

Una must find excuse.
Una no dey gree...lolzzzz

Did anybody invite una fathers to SW?
Are you aware Lagos was the capital of Nigeria? Still the commercial capital of Nigeria?
Do you leave in free land in the south west? If you are in Lagos, you probably, own you land, built or bought your house, a Tennant or a squatter. The fact you are SW indegine does not confer on you any further right. Abi go to Zenith bank and ask for 50k chest high that you are from SW and the bank is on your land. Most you can do is form you own gang of agberos like the one that accosted my broken down truck last week asking for owo Ile. Driver called me. They asked for 30k. Spoke to their oga with respect and sent them 5k for hot drink. Na them help my driver start the moto sef. Lol
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by nisai: 10:59pm On Dec 17, 2022
totit:

grin grin grin grin
I dey tell you. The dude just dey blab unnecessarily and has left his brain inside Akpu before coming online.

Lmoooo @ the bolded
grin grin Mr "stupid" is pained that the stats does not reflect the bragging they are known for.

If person praise Yoruba na wahala.
If stats favour Yoruba na wahala.
If Yoruba aspire for presidency na wahala.
They are on Twitter propaganding all sorts of stupid stereotypes against Yoruba, but when Yoruba retaliate na wahala.
Ok go back home since you hate the Yoruba so much and cannot stand them, na still wahala.

If I was the president I wouldn't hesitate to give them BIAFULA since their region contributes not much to Nigeria in terms of wealth, reputation or goodwill.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Nobody: 11:01pm On Dec 17, 2022
nisai:
The stats don spoil your day. Your night go full of nightmares too if u continue like this.

Ohhh my God you are so shallow you say stats.. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Nobody: 11:02pm On Dec 17, 2022
totit:

Mr ' stupidity ' can you just STFU ans quit abusing the word already? You sound so stupid repeating that word over and over already and its so irritating cos you obviously don't have the capability and the brain oil to engage in logic conversation.

Lmaooo cheesy

grin grin grin grin says the one whose stupidity defies logic
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Nobody: 11:03pm On Dec 17, 2022
totit:

It's quite unfortunate that I have to engage you as it's clearly obvious you lack understanding and knowledge.
This is why i dont just engage anybody cos i realised there are hundrends of ma.d people roaming about such as you.

And with the way you throw around the word ' stupidity ", it's obvious you just love to throw the word around without understanding its essence and what's used for.

So, your ' stupidity " doesn't understand the fact that the number of international passports holders determines the numbers of travellers? Come again, you are really OK abi what kind of madness are really displaying this evening? Can you travel overseas without an international passport what kind of reasoning do you possess for earth sake ?/ shocked

All this epistle you wrote is beautiful nonsense. You don't have sense
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Tonim(f): 11:21pm On Dec 17, 2022
Mrnairalandd:
Igbos are not the most travelled people in Nigeria, it’s the Yorubas.

I believed this Igbo propaganda for years while living in Nigeria until i started travelling out of Nigeria.

The Igbos are not even closed to million of Yorubas abroad.

Yorubas are so much abroad that they are now adding Yoruba language to USA, UK, Ireland hospitals leaflets and other patients/visitors’ information boards.

In addition, there are some hospitals in USA where Yorubas restaurants with local cuisines are served.

Guess what! 85% of Nigerian businesses abroad-Europe/America/Canada/Australia except Asia countries(I have not been there) are owned by the Yorubas.

If anybody says anything contrary to this fact, the person is lying.

Another fact, 80% of Nigerians graduating from Europe, North America and Australia Universities are the Yorubas. If you doubt me, ask anyone to forward 2022 University's Graduating students registry to see for yourselves.

One thing i have noticed in recent years is this, Igbos are extremely loud their success even though it’s little compare to the quiet Yorubas who hardly scream about their success. And i think this is the reason why there is a misconception among Nigerians that the Igbos are most travelled people.

Well said wink

2 Likes

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Arkmanbuddy(m): 11:29pm On Dec 17, 2022
franchasng:
Most Southeast guys don't send money directly to their parents or relatives in Nigeria, they sell the hard currencies to their Igbo friends and relatives into importation and they use it to pay for goods abroad instead of sending directly, so most Igbo Diaspora remittances return back to Nigeria as goods...while the importers send naira to their relatives. This is one major reason FOREX outflow restriction by CBN under Buhari govt. didn't affect Igbo importers and other Nigerian importers who know how to connect to Igbos abroad.

Lastly, a lot of Igbo guys abroad are dissatisfied with Nigeria's current situation under APC/Buhari and many have stopped investing back home, another reason for low remittance from Igbos abroad.

The whole world know that Igbos make up the highest population of Nigerians living abroad, even in strange countries you have never heard before except maybe online lol, you too know this.

Tales by moonlight.

Ogbeni, face the facts and stop dancing around.

grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by totit: 12:12am On Dec 18, 2022
obynzo:

grin grin grin grin says the one whose stupidity defies logic

Lmaooo. All of a sudden you've lost your voice. It's faya for faya dude until you STFU and quit trolling.

2 Likes

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by totit: 12:13am On Dec 18, 2022
Arkmanbuddy:

Tales by moonlight.

Ogbeni, face the facts and stop dancing around.

grin grin

Lmaoooooooooooooooooo
grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin

More like the days of Giringori on NTA channel 7. grin cheesy

Al'oooo Al'oooooo.

This got me rolling.

2 Likes

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by totit: 12:17am On Dec 18, 2022
nisai:
grin grin Mr "stupid" is pained that the stats does not reflect the bragging they are known for.

If person praise Yoruba na wahala.
If stats favour Yoruba na wahala.
If Yoruba aspire for presidency na wahala.
They are on Twitter propaganding all sorts of stupid stereotypes against Yoruba, but when Yoruba retaliate na wahala.
Ok go back home since you hate the Yoruba so much and cannot stand them, na still wahala.

If I was the president I wouldn't hesitate to give them BIAFULA since their region contributes not much to Nigeria in terms of wealth, reputation or goodwill.

Lamoooooo

Honestly, he's not only naturally stupid but it stinks and it's legendary. And you know the most annoying part of it allgrin. .. He brags about that such level of ' stupidity ' grin grin grin grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Born2Breed(f): 1:31am On Dec 18, 2022
Edo odion.

Edo first
Edo best

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by AutomaticMotors: 2:41am On Dec 18, 2022
Born2Breed:
Edo odion.

Edo first
Edo best

Forever and Always

2 Likes

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Konquest: 5:17am On Dec 18, 2022
Mrnairalandd:
Igbos are not the most travelled people in Nigeria, it’s the Yorubas.

I believed this Igbo propaganda for years while living in Nigeria until i started travelling out of Nigeria.

The Igbos are not even closed to million of Yorubas abroad.

Yorubas are so much abroad that they are now adding Yoruba language to USA, UK, Ireland hospitals leaflets and other patients/visitors’ information boards.

In addition, there are some hospitals in USA where Yorubas restaurants with local cuisines are served.

Guess what! 85% of Nigerian businesses abroad-Europe/America/Canada/Australia except Asia countries (I have not been there) are owned by the Yorubas.

If anybody says anything contrary to this fact, the person is lying.

Another fact, 80% of Nigerians graduating from Europe, North America and Australia Universities are the Yorubas. If you doubt me, ask anyone to forward 2022 University's Graduating students registry to see for yourselves.

One thing i have noticed in recent years is this, Igbos are extremely loud their success even though it’s little compare to the quiet Yorubas who hardly scream about their success. And i think this is the reason why there is a misconception among Nigerians that the Igbos are most travelled people.
Nicely put.

The Yorubas have always been great travelers and do not make a noise or brag about it. I stated this fact with historical data earlier on this thread yesterday, with info from the U.S. Census Bureau report indicating that in the top-10 U.S. States where Nigerians and Nigerian-Americans are found, in 9 out of 10 of those U.S. States, the Yoruba language is the most spoken in households, followed by Ibo, then Edoid languages. It is only in California that Ibo language came tops, followed by Yoruba, and Edoid languages.

It was the basketball successes of my OG, the legendary 2-time NBA MVP, Hakeem "the Dream" Olajuwon of the Houston Rockets in the 1980s to the 1990s that made Houston, Texas a popular major destination of residence for Nigerian immigrants outside NY, California, etc.

These are historic facts. Period.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Kaysalas(m): 5:45am On Dec 18, 2022
Ellasure:

When stark realities strike the unfavored generate unsubstantiated facts.

Are the Igbo people the only one in the car trade business in Nigeria.

Bros, I used to think that Igbo businesses were big until I discovered that they were actually fronting for some other people. Don't let me say more. Let endsars dig more around ladipo market to know the true status of the dealers in the the car spares market in Nigeria.
This your quote is second to none. Thumbs up man!

1 Like

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Nobody: 8:36am On Dec 18, 2022
totit:

Lmaooo. All of a sudden you've lost your voice. It's faya for faya dude until you STFU and quit trolling.

You are consoling yourself. Your stupidity is one of life's greatest mysteries.
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Kaysalas(m): 10:16am On Dec 18, 2022
omonnakoda:
After Igbos Where is the evidence for this?
Dem nor dey get evidence, na only noise grin

2 Likes

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Kaysalas(m): 10:18am On Dec 18, 2022
omonnakoda:
Not only finance industry but EFCC

You sound foolish
Really f**lish grin

1 Like

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Kaysalas(m): 10:32am On Dec 18, 2022
obynzo:

Can you just shut up and stop sounding stupid. Yorubas are more in the UK no doubt, but in the US it is highly debatable. Please stop all this tribal colouration you are just sounding stupid.
Now, I fell to the urge to reply you. Glad you are beginning to get schooled by my highly intelligent brothers who get your time. grin
You started with Yorubas being more, only in the U.Kand not in the U.S but now, you have agreed it is highly debatable in the U.S grin
You are not a bad student after all, na only say you get Nsogbu Nsogbu coconut head grin grin

3 Likes

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by AllDModsAreMaad: 10:40am On Dec 18, 2022
franchasng:
Most Southeast guys don't send money directly to their parents or relatives in Nigeria, they sell the hard currencies to their Igbo friends and relatives into importation and they use it to pay for goods abroad instead of sending directly, so most Igbo Diaspora remittances return back to Nigeria as goods...while the importers send naira to their relatives. This is one major reason FOREX outflow restriction by CBN under Buhari govt. didn't affect Igbo importers and other Nigerian importers who know how to connect to Igbos abroad.

Lastly, a lot of Igbo guys abroad are dissatisfied with Nigeria's current situation under APC/Buhari and many have stopped investing back home, another reason for low remittance from Igbos abroad.

The whole world know that Igbos make up the highest population of Nigerians living abroad, even in strange countries you have never heard before except maybe online lol, you too know this.

You get time to be explaining to that blockhead.

Where do those yahoo guys overseas learnt to buy cars or goods and send to Nigeria, where someone will sell it and give them the money in an agreed formula from?

That is why most products that are being imported into Nigeria franchises have been bought by Nigerians(mostly Igbos), thereby making them move goods into Nigeria with ease instead of moving cash.

There is another way I would have mentioned here but it is somehow complicated, so I won't mention it.

Most Edo people are not commercial in nature i.e they no to dey do business like that, so they send the money back to Nigeria in its form, same with others.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by AllDModsAreMaad: 10:45am On Dec 18, 2022
omonnakoda:
Are Ibos more travelled than herdsmen? or Ijaw fishermen or Ilaje fishermen

Now I know you are du mb.

Those replying you actually have time to waste.
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by AllDModsAreMaad: 10:48am On Dec 18, 2022
Nnannapat:
You are very correct, infact I only got the opportunity to meet up with a distant relative that has been in the States for long, and he has paid over 40k USD to my suppliers in China so far this year, while I sent the naira to his building projects at Owerri,
most big auto parts importers at Trade fair market are using that method for their payments.

If not for Nigerians abroad, by now naira will be struggling with Zimbabwean dollar in terms of lost value.

And for the irredeemable ethnic bigots up there saying trash about South easterners, if not for Igbo diasporan remittance, this country might have been hit with violent protests from every corner,considering that NNPC has not been remitting much this year. Then imagine combining that pressure on our foreign reserve with so many Igbo importers seeking to buy the green back from the black market, by now USD will be over 1500 naira at the black market, and so many imported goods will be way above the reach of the middle class, including the smartphones that they are typing those trash with.

Bro, you shouldn't drop such infos here because you're trying to prove a point to them.

Just allow them to believe whatever they want to believe.

Reason why I said you shouldn't drop it is because these people may find a way to frustrate that system.
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by AllDModsAreMaad: 10:51am On Dec 18, 2022
Konquest:

You got the ethnic travel sequence wrong here. I'll give you some historical insights so that facts are NOT distorted.

When I first flew on board a Nigeria Airways Airbus A310 to the beautiful French-speaking city of Abidjan in 1987, I was stunned to realize that there were many big-time Yoruba business people doing all kinds of businesses in Cote D'Ivoire, and the Yorubas from recent official records are about 90% of the over 2.8 million Nigerians in that country.

The Yorubas who are over 50 million worldwide have been into long-distance trading since the time of the great Oyo Empire (which extended up to parts of Togo) and the trade with the great Ashanti Empire, and even as far as Mali. Yorubas from accurate historical data are heavy travelers and dominate the Nigerian Diaspora communities in the UK, USA, Cote D'Ivoire, Ghana, Togo, Benin, Sierra Leone, UAE, Turkey. I don't know about the Canada figures yet though.

NOTE: The U.S. Census Bureau in a recent data report indicated that out of the top-10 U.S. States where you find Nigerian-American and
Nigerian immigrant population centres, the Yoruba language was the most widely spoken language in households in 9 out of 10 U.S. States, except in California where Ibo language was more spoken in households, followed closely by
Yoruba and Edoid languages. After the Yoruba language, Ibo, then Edoid languages come next in that sequence in 9 out of 10 top U.S. States.

Recently, we have seen the rise of many Nigerian-Americans of
Yoruba ancestry occupy senior positions in the U.S. Government and politics, such as Wale Adeyemo who is the current U.S. Deputy Treasury Secretary, and more.

So, this gives us an idea that the
U.S. Yoruba population is huge like in the UK, and if you head on to the
NL profile of => Sarrki who created a thread on this U.S. Census Bureau report of 2019 on language distribution in the U.S., and it tore to shreds the FALSE claims being propagated online and offline by some Ibos that they are the largest in the U.S. Caution has to be taken NOT to engage in spurious guess work until full facts are officially established!

In the Far East like China, Ibos seem to visit a lot more followed by Yoruba international businessmen and women, students, tourists. I do a lot of international business and leisure travels, so I know these facts.

Cheers.

And you expect people to take this without a verifiable link to confirm.

The USA that I know would have released a statistic on that.

So kindly add the link or keep mute with your emotional lie, please.
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by AllDModsAreMaad: 11:12am On Dec 18, 2022
For those arguing emotionally.

Simply google searching for the official number of Nigerians in USA, and comparing it with the official number of each of Nigerian tribe in the USA would have saved you all from being sil ly here.

I just did now and my findings support that Igbos are more in number there, you can do yours too and if your findings are different from mind, send the link and I will accept it without opposing.

Even if the site is not verifiable.

Note: Every site and material I found their pointed towards my opinion, so do yours and drop it here or y'all should keep kwa yet and accept the truth, instead of ran ting like a ra bid bin go.
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Nobody: 3:55pm On Dec 18, 2022
Kaysalas:

Now, I fell to the urge to reply you. Glad you are beginning to get schooled by my highly intelligent brothers who get your time. grin
You started with Yorubas being more, only in the U.Kand not in the U.S but now, you have agreed it is highly debatable in the U.S grin
You are not a bad student after all, na only say you get Nsogbu Nsogbu coconut head grin grin

Keep living in LaLa Land.
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Nobody: 3:58pm On Dec 18, 2022
totit:

cheesy grin grin grin as e dey sweet me....e dey pain you......
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Kaysalas(m): 4:39pm On Dec 18, 2022
obynzo:

Keep living in LaLa Land.
But seriously you need to be more objective and matured in your views to issues. Anyway, enjoy your evening grin
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Nobody: 4:59pm On Dec 18, 2022
Kaysalas:

But seriously you need to be more objective and matured in your views to issues. Anyway, enjoy your evening grin

Dude you are the one that is immature in your conversation. You don't have sense finally.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Someone Is About To Take His Biggest Risk(bet9ja) / What Is The Exchange Rate For Payoneer Card ATM Withdrawal Today / How Do I Get A Loan Without Collateral?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.