Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,298 members, 7,819,001 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense (23244 Views)

Naira Makes List Of 15 Worst Currencies Against The US Dollar - Statisense / Diversion Of Diaspora Remittances To Black Market Weakens Naira - CBN / Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Nobody: 7:32am On Dec 17, 2022
johnjose68:

Na today you know say they are chest beaters The developers of the world!!! sad grin wink grin

I am in the finance industry if you want some honest truth the South east remittance volume follow consistent patterns that can easily be explained for SW most of the remittances are end results of Romance scams Aka Yaho Yahoo. Chief areas of interest are Ekiti, Ibadan, Abule Egba, Ikotun, Okota.
So at times try and be smart when you want to argue with tribal bias and stupidity.

7 Likes

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by CheapHomes1: 7:32am On Dec 17, 2022
Bonaventura:
Without any sense of prejudice, I can categorically tell you that the Edo remittances come from the practitioners of the oldest trade in the world.

It comes from the sisters in Italy, Spain, United States and all over the world 'hustling' with their kpekus

How did you arrive at your conclusion? Are you speaking from your family experience?

4 Likes

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by RockHard: 7:32am On Dec 17, 2022
obynzo:

Why is it that you bring bias into data discussion now you talk about SW if you take Lagos for example if we decompose the data further in Lagos you will find out that it is more of SE. Again we know the bulk of remittances in SW is based on Yahoo format

Don't you think it's too early to be crying? Must you wail over everything? Dis Una igbo ego na big problem o. Even if we give una part of the Lagos share, what do you also have to say about Oyo (which came second after Edo on the list)? Na Igbos account for that also? Abeg getat.

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Regex: 7:33am On Dec 17, 2022
franchasng:
UK yes, US a big NO!

UK is the only country in the world that Yorubas make up the highest population of Diaspora Nigerians.

Italy is Edo people.

China, Vietnam, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, South Korea, South Africa, Bangladesh, Turkey, Germany, Spain, Netherlands, etc na Igbo dominate, you know this grin

Even the UK sef, Edo people don deh pass them. It is not a competitive.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by shortIGBOman: 7:33am On Dec 17, 2022
treatise:

And local Ashawos don't generate revenues?

Na them Amarachi, Amaka, Chizoba, Chinasa etc full our local Brothels. Those ones no get value. With 5h you go fvck shege comot for their body.

With 1k in Imo, you fit fvck mama and her daughter at the same time. grin grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by FuckOsuPigs: 7:33am On Dec 17, 2022
franchasng:
Most Southeast guys don't send money directly to their parents or relatives in Nigeria, they sell the hard currencies to their Igbo friends and relatives into importation and they use it to pay for goods abroad instead of sending directly, so most Igbo Diaspora remittances return back to Nigeria as goods...while the importers send naira to their relatives. This is one major reason FOREX outflow restriction by CBN under Buhari govt. didn't affect Igbo importers and other Nigerian importers who know how to connect to Igbos abroad.

Lastly, a lot of Igbo guys abroad are dissatisfied with Nigeria's current situation under APC/Buhari and many have stopped investing back home, another reason for low remittance from Igbos abroad.

The whole world know that Igbos make up the highest population of Nigerians living abroad, even in strange countries you have never heard before except maybe online lol, you too know this.

All these epistle just to justify SE low representation? grin

Okay o, we don hia grin

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by CheapHomes1: 7:34am On Dec 17, 2022
RockHard:
Omo. Every SW state featured in the top 10 sha (na dem occupy 60% of the list). Was expecting the SE states to dominate the list though, considering the perception about being the 'most travelled' and all that. Edo na worthy mention. Respect to Nigerians overseas wey no forget the homeland.

Is there any award for it?
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by RockHard: 7:34am On Dec 17, 2022
Abagworo:

Getting remittances is not a thing of pride so the States not on the list are better off. When we got our ladies hustling abroad through prostitution and sending money home then we should ask ourselves why? Northerners are understandably less involved.

Right. All this epistles simply because your SE region didn't feature prominently on the list. If it did, you would've put a different spin to it. It's ok.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by franchasng: 7:35am On Dec 17, 2022
Menclothing:

Have you visited uk
Dubai
Canada

Which part of Nigeria dominate this countries?
Dubai yes but I cant say Igbos dominate there dont have that info.

UK Yorubas dominate.

Canada and US, no enough data to support who dominates, but should be between Igbos and Yorubas.

But outside these countries Igbos dominate in all other commercial countries of the world like China, Turkey, Vietnam, Indonesia, Bangladesh, Singapore, Malaysia, Japan, South Africa, etc, you know this

2 Likes

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by CheapHomes1: 7:35am On Dec 17, 2022
Buddha3:
Moment I saw the heading, I suspected Edo state was going to top the list.

Their hoes in Italy have been very consistent in sending monies to their Nigerian families in the last decade. So this comes as no surprise. At least Edo is generation forex with coitus.

Worth commending!

So you mean all the remittances to Edo came from prostitution in Italy?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by SWATMan: 7:35am On Dec 17, 2022
obynzo:

Why is it that you bring bias into data discussion now you talk about SW if you take Lagos for example if we decompose the data further in Lagos you will find out that it is more of SE. Again we know the bulk of remittances in SW is based on Yahoo format

Intelligent response to that bigot who said that edo state remittance came from prostitution. I wonder why some Nigerians always think they have a better value system than others.

7 Likes

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by CheapHomes1: 7:36am On Dec 17, 2022
FuckOsuPigs:

All these epistle just to justify SE low representation? grin

Okay o, we don hia grin

Should it matter who dominates in terms of international remittances? Why can't you guys think beyond these petty arguments?

4 Likes

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Nobody: 7:37am On Dec 17, 2022
RockHard:

Don't you think it's too early to be crying? Must you wail over everything? Disnigbo ego na big problem o. Even if we give una part of the Lagos share, what do you also have to say about Oyo (which came second after Edo on the list)? Na Igbos account for that also? Abeg getat.

Still the same immaturity you are exhibiting. Oga I am in the finance industry and I would tell you that remittance patterns in South West are by products of Yahoo Yahoo and Romance scam and other kinds of remittance scams. Locations that are always under the radar of EFCC and interpol are Ibadan, Ekiti, Oshogbo, Abule Egba, Ago Okota, Iyana Ipaja, Ikotun, Festac and Ogba. In 2018 MoneyGram was fined by the US department of Justice and the banks branches they sanctioned were in these areas. Please try and be smart when you arguing not everything has to be coloured based on tribal and regional bias. Oga try and have sense.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by BanyXchi: 7:39am On Dec 17, 2022
franchasng:
Most Southeast guys don't send money directly to their parents or relatives in Nigeria, they sell the hard currencies to their Igbo friends and relatives into importation and they use it to pay for goods abroad instead of sending directly, so most Igbo Diaspora remittances return back to Nigeria as goods...while the importers send naira to their relatives. This is one major reason FOREX outflow restriction by CBN under Buhari govt. didn't affect Igbo importers and other Nigerian importers who know how to connect to Igbos abroad.

Lastly, a lot of Igbo guys abroad are dissatisfied with Nigeria's current situation under APC/Buhari and many have stopped investing back home, another reason for low remittance from Igbos abroad.

The whole world know that Igbos make up the highest population of Nigerians living abroad, even in strange countries you have never heard before except maybe online lol, you too know this.

omg why are you ibos so delusi0nal? I notice that many of your people even the learned ones that should know better always push fantasical takes.... Let me tell you something clear. Just because you people are known to commit crimes more than Yorubas doesn't mean you travel more than Yorubas. No ethnic group in the whole of Africa travels as much as Omoluabis. I've been to countries you probably never have heard before and I've seen a lot of Omoluabis there. I've been privileged to travel to a lot of countries around the world. From the rich and exotic ones to the poor ones, I'm so surprised to see a lot of my people there..... Also I want you to understand Yorubas are more than any ethnic group in the Western world and that's where our remittance comes from majorly.... All those importer dollars nonsense only lives in your fantasies. Omo you people are delusional... You think a lot of Yorubas are also not angry with the APC government?? Lol

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Tannhauser(m): 7:40am On Dec 17, 2022
Lucasinho:

sell ur papa land grin and use it to be playing the 2 odds daily.....you will not be disturing us here......foool

cheesy cheesy cheesy

If him papa no come get land nko? cool

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by RockHard: 7:41am On Dec 17, 2022
obynzo:

Still the same immaturity you are exhibiting. Oga I am in the finance industry and I would tell you that remittance patterns in South West are by products of Yahoo Yahoo and Romance scam and other kinds of remittance scams. Locations that are always under the radar of EFCC and interpol are Ibadan, Ekiti, Oshogbo, Abule Egba, Ago Okota, Iyana Ipaja, Ikotun, Festac and Ogba. In 2018 MoneyGram was fined by the US department of Justice and the banks branches they sanctioned were in these areas. Please try and be smart when you arguing not everything has to be coloured based on tribal and regional bias. Oga try and have sense.

Abeg getat with your okoto yarns. Any stat wey deflate Una fragile egos, Una go begin huff and puff. First of all, go and brush your teeth before talking to me this morning. Your mouth dey smell.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by franchasng: 7:41am On Dec 17, 2022
BanyXchi:
omg why are you ibos so delusi0nal? I notice that many of your people even the learned ones that should know better always push fantasical takes.... Let me tell you something clear. Just because you people are known to commit crimes more than Yorubas doesn't mean you travel more than Yorubas. No ethnic group in the whole of Africa travels as much as Omoluabis. I've been to countries you probably never have heard before and I've seen a lot of Omoluabis there. I've been privileged to travel to se
Okay sir. Epele sir, ese sir, ema bi nu sir grin

1 Like

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Nobody: 7:41am On Dec 17, 2022
RockHard:
Omo. Every SW state featured in the top 10 sha (na dem occupy 60% of the list). Was expecting the SE states to dominate the list though, considering the perception about being the 'most travelled' and all that. Edo na worthy mention. This list don demystify some preconceived notions. Respect to Nigerians overseas wey no forget the homeland.

For a fact top regions under the radar of international and local security agencies tracking remittance scams
Towns and States in the South West rank first in this.
Followed by South South and lastly South east(Owerri to be precise)

2 Likes

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Amalekki: 7:42am On Dec 17, 2022
franchasng:
UK yes, US a big NO!

UK is the only country in the world that Yorubas make up the highest population of Diaspora Nigerians.

Italy is Edo people.

China, Vietnam, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, South Korea, South Africa, Bangladesh, Turkey, Germany, Spain, Netherlands, etc na Igbo dominate, you know this grin
I disagree about the US. How, and which cities? Igbos plenty no doubt but Yorubas full everywhere every major city in the US. What of the churches? Forget Yoruba dominated ones like RCCG, Winners etc, they are still everywhere in the Catholic communities. Then they have huge muslim communities. Attend Eko or Ondo parapo alone in any major city and they compete well with umbrella Igbo groups. You will even notice this on every flight to and fro the US. Until we see concrete data I disagree with this conclusion.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Nobody: 7:43am On Dec 17, 2022
RockHard:

Abeg getat with your okoto yarns. Any stat wey deflate Una fragile egos, Una go begin huff and puff. First of all, go and brush your teeth before talking to me this morning. Your mouth dey smell.

At least you have no fact to support your bias. Next time argue with sense.

2 Likes

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by tolue42(m): 7:43am On Dec 17, 2022
franchasng:

Always using lies to rescue lies.. continue. Facts don't lie.

So the whole Igbos in different countries abroad held a meeting that they should all stop sending money home, but only through goods??

So most APC policies don't affect Yoruba as well

We travel pass una...we can lay hands on this report. Please give us your own to back yourself up

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by vanunu: 7:44am On Dec 17, 2022
adefitim:
Just imagine how they would have brag if Na them top this list!

Your are ignorant of the way south easterners send money back home.
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by tolue42(m): 7:45am On Dec 17, 2022
franchasng:

So the whole Igbos in different countries abroad held a meeting that they should all stop sending money home, but only through good??

We don burst una bubbles!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by franchasng: 7:45am On Dec 17, 2022
tolue42:

So the whole Igbos in different countries abroad held a meeting that they should all stop sending money home, but only through good??
You are a small boy sir, so you won't understand.

In fact, 90% of Yorubas live abroad, ema bi nu sir, I made mistake before, ejoor cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Injera(f): 7:46am On Dec 17, 2022
franchasng:
You are very wrong.

After Igbos, Edo people are the next Nigerian tribe or people that cherish traveling abroad (mostly Europe), followed by the Yorubas.

So its not about prostitution, Edos have a lot of their men living and working legitimately abroad, I know a handful of them. Mind you, I am not from Edo, I am Igbo but truth must be told as it is always
'Truth' Or your subjective opinion. Opinions are not facts

10 Likes

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by franchasng: 7:47am On Dec 17, 2022
Amalekki:

I disagree about the US. How, and which cities? Igbos plenty no doubt but Yorubas full everywhere every major city in the US. What of the churches? Forget Yoruba dominated ones like RCCG, Winners etc, they are still everywhere in the Catholic communities. Then they have huge muslim communities. Attend Eko or Ondo parapo alone in any major city and they compete well with umbrella Igbo groups. You will even notice this on every flight to and fro the US. Until we see concrete data I disagree with this conclusion.
Ejoor sir, you are more than correct sir, in fact 90% of Yorubas live abroad, ema bi nu sir shocked grin
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by HitRun(m): 7:48am On Dec 17, 2022
North de rather go spend our oil money abroad
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by lozanni(m): 7:48am On Dec 17, 2022
franchasng:

smiley I trust my Igbo brothers to find a way around unfavorable Government policies.
I know an Igbo importer who helps other people in the diaspora with naira cover while collecting foreign currencies from them as he resides in the diaspora too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Bigleaf1006: 7:48am On Dec 17, 2022
kushma:
The south doing the most as usual

Exactly!! Was wondering what exactly the north brings to the table and worst still is that all that remittances will end up in the hands of northerners hawking it all over the streets.

Eating from the pot they contributed nothing to make
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Amalekki: 7:50am On Dec 17, 2022
franchasng:
Ejoor sir, you are more than correct sir, in fact 90% of Yorubas live abroad, ema bi nu sir shocked grin
Sorry about that, I had to spill it as it is. No sentiment. The data provided here by Statisense supports what is glaring.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by theredaddy: 7:50am On Dec 17, 2022
franchasng:

LOL !! naa so mouth, and when stats come out you wil find them behind, you don't estimate people success by how much they brag, where a igbo boy with 1m in acc is talking you will think he can employ mike adenuga as cook cheesy grin

Oga among the 3 tribes in Nigeria, Igbos population comes 3rd, therefore from logical view there is no way the igbos can make up the highest population of Nigeria in diaspora rather you can say, Maybe igbos are the most travelled across the world, cos an igboman can shook head anywhere buh when it comes to total in diaspora oga na Yoruba, and that is the Fact the stats on FP is trying to re-affirm b4 you interrupted with head knowledge.

20 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

What Is The Exchange Rate For Payoneer Card ATM Withdrawal Today / How Do I Get A Loan Without Collateral? / Naira Gains Against Dollar, Trades At N1113/$ At The P2P Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.