Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,942 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense (23243 Views)

Naira Makes List Of 15 Worst Currencies Against The US Dollar - Statisense / Diversion Of Diaspora Remittances To Black Market Weakens Naira - CBN / Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Princedapace(m): 7:50am On Dec 17, 2022
Udodiri01:
Must you people fight over this ...the question should be the part of the country that take out with no bringing in.....the are nowhere to be found here

Bro, I'm so tired. Some times I wish I can just stop being a Nigerian. These Nairaland and Nigerians turn everything a fight especially between igbos and yorubas. I was even thinking that they would look into the fact that southern Nigeria does almost eveything that generates money for Nigeria but still, northern Nigeria takes the greatest share, rather, igbos and yorubas started tackling them selves. I think this issue is now spiritual. Omo, what is this?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Amalekki: 7:51am On Dec 17, 2022
lozanni:

smiley I trust my Igbo brothers to find a way around unfavorable Government policies.
I know an Igbo importer who helps other people in the diaspora with naira cover while collecting foreign currencies from them as he resides in the diaspora too.
This practice is not in any way restricted to the Igbos.

2 Likes

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by bikefab(m): 7:51am On Dec 17, 2022
Are there no remittances from the northern states? Or are they only consumers?
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Princedapace(m): 7:53am On Dec 17, 2022
franchasng:
Most Southeast guys don't send money directly to their parents or relatives in Nigeria, they sell the hard currencies to their Igbo friends and relatives into importation and they use it to pay for goods abroad instead of sending directly, so most Igbo Diaspora remittances return back to Nigeria as goods...while the importers send naira to their relatives. This is one major reason FOREX outflow restriction by CBN under Buhari govt. didn't affect Igbo importers and other Nigerian importers who know how to connect to Igbos abroad.

Lastly, a lot of Igbo guys abroad are dissatisfied with Nigeria's current situation under APC/Buhari and many have stopped investing back home, another reason for low remittance from Igbos abroad.

The whole world know that Igbos make up the highest population of Nigerians living abroad, even in strange countries you have never heard before except maybe online lol, you too know this.

Are u even looking at these guys. This thing is not worthy of argument.
It is a fact that there are so many igbos outside of igbo land. Many igbos full Lagos and other souther wear states.
These ones are also part of the money that comes from abroad too. But honestly, no need for this
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Ade3131: 7:53am On Dec 17, 2022
franchasng:
Most Southeast guys don't send money directly to their parents or relatives in Nigeria, they sell the hard currencies to their Igbo friends and relatives into importation and they use it to pay for goods abroad instead of sending directly, so most Igbo Diaspora remittances return back to Nigeria as goods...while the importers send naira to their relatives. This is one major reason FOREX outflow restriction by CBN under Buhari govt. didn't affect Igbo importers and other Nigerian importers who know how to connect to Igbos abroad.

Lastly, a lot of Igbo guys abroad are dissatisfied with Nigeria's current situation under APC/Buhari and many have stopped investing back home, another reason for low remittance from Igbos abroad.

The whole world know that Igbos make up the highest population of Nigerians living abroad, even in strange countries you have never heard before except maybe online lol, you too know this.

I was anxiously waiting for someone to come up with this and you gracefully did.... I laughed.... grin cheesy grin wink

So when you buy goods with FX made from abroad and ship them into Nigeria, that doesn't count as remittance abi?

And under what header/name tag will they call that sort of international transaction?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by ladiguy(m): 7:54am On Dec 17, 2022
franchasng:
In Nigeria, if you remove ethnic sentiments, personal or tribal hatred, you can easily answer questions about each Nigerian tribe.

The only country Yorubas make up the largest population than any other Nigerian tribe is UK.

China, South Korea, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, South Africa, Turkey, Vietnam, Bangladesh, etc, you know whats up lol.

You know the truth yourself, thats all I have to say cool

There was a report about numbers of African household and language spoken in USA last year. Go look for it and read.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Bigleaf1006: 7:54am On Dec 17, 2022
Bonaventura:
Without any sense of prejudice, I can categorically tell you that the Edo remittances come from the practitioners of the oldest trade in the world.

It comes from the sisters in Italy, Spain, United States and all over the world 'hustling' with their kpekus

Its a profession for a reason and that figure you are seeing goes a long way in librarian so many households from the clutches of poverty.

Even you still benefit from this remittances directly or indirectly....only if you know how much those yahoo boys are contributing to the countries economy,far more than any state govt, you won't look down on those boys
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Odingo1: 7:55am On Dec 17, 2022
Lagos Ibadan Express way statistics, when have Yorubas started traveling and remitting money pass Igbos.
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Superwave16320: 7:57am On Dec 17, 2022
Na Peter Obi criminal u wan make dem de shout ? You want make suffer kill Nigerians the way it is battling una head for Anambra.

Have you thanked Lagos n Tinubu for the daily remittance of refugees Anambra drop off into the city with Ekedilichukwu Ifesinachi Chisco Ekesons Young shall grow ABC Peace GIGM GUO Cross Country Agufor Onigho City ride Focus ride Efex Izuchukwu etc

socialmediaman:
Many Nigerians still have mouth to be shouting Atiku and Tinubu up and down due to international remittances. Suffer never tire them

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by dettolgel: 7:57am On Dec 17, 2022
shortIGBOman:
South East still come bellow South West, South South and Northern States. Wetin IGBO People dey go do abroad, since they don't remit anything to the East?grin grin

I like your cruise, the figure may not be far from the truth. The reason SE will not feature on that list is that most SE abroad do not send money via formal means.

For over a year now I and my friends have never sent money via formal means. We have some Igbo guys here that buy foreign currency at good rate in exchange he transfers naira to us directly. He uses the money to buy goods that he sends to Naija.

At times we also buy cars or truck and ship down sell it with profit and then use the naira as intended.

Yes that list may not be far from the truth but it does not capture informal means of Remittance and unfortunately it won't.

The good thing about the Igbo strategy is that it helps our local importers to source foreign exchange without going through the banks and eliminate those greedy corporation from the chains.

You many be surprise to learn that you could change naira equivalent of 50k euros within hours. Once you need and you have Naira to transfer immediately call boys and sms just keeps coming before you know it you have exchanged everything and you have your 50k euros ready to buy your goods without going through bank that charge you a lot and takes a lot of time.

1 Like

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Superwave16320: 8:00am On Dec 17, 2022
That was what we tot until USA released it data n Igbo was not anywhere on the list at all

franchasng:

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Theoarhics: 8:00am On Dec 17, 2022
Edo to the world

2 Likes

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Christistruth00: 8:01am On Dec 17, 2022
RockHard:
Omo. Every SW state featured in the top 10 sha (na dem occupy 60% of the list). Was expecting the SE states to dominate the list though, considering the perception about being the 'most travelled' and all that. Edo na worthy mention. This list don demystify some preconceived notions. Respect to Nigerians overseas wey no forget the homeland.

The UK has really tried for our People

They full some districts of London areas like Peckham, Brixton, Clapham, Hackney, Thamesmead, Tottenham etc

And once a SW person enters Europe they have a Sacred duty to Bring all their Mothers Children in

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Theoarhics: 8:02am On Dec 17, 2022
Every family in Edo has someone abroad

3 Likes

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Ade3131: 8:03am On Dec 17, 2022
Princedapace:

Bro, I'm so tired. Some times I wish I can just stop being a Nigerian. These Nairaland and Nigerians turn everything a fight especially between igbos and yorubas. I was even thinking that they would look into the fact that southern Nigeria does almost eveything that generates money for Nigeria but still, northern Nigeria takes the greatest share, rather, igbos and yorubas started tackling them selves. I think this issue is now spiritual. Omo, what is this?

Well, they also contribute tremendously to our internal economy. They help us balance our trade to some extent. Let's learn to appreciate their impact too while encouraging each other to do more.

For once, let's Africans live together as one and brothers. Let us stop this whole madness of downtalking other tribes. We're all blacks. And we're one.

Just to remind you, northerners make up well over 70% of our local agricultural produce. Despite the killings in the north, these people still religiously go to farm, and some of them even pay the ultimate price in the process. Many have been kidnapped, yet they won't stop going to the farm.

Or when was the last time you went to the farm? I can confidently say that all the beans being consumed in Nigeria comes from the North. Imagine that. Let's just appreciate each other is all I'm preaching. Let's learn to love and accept each other for who we are and learn to coexist peacefully.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by BreconHills(m): 8:03am On Dec 17, 2022
franchasng:

Let's keep it simple. Money first, family second.
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Titogbanski: 8:05am On Dec 17, 2022
RockHard:
Omo. Every SW state featured in the top 10 sha (na dem occupy 60% of the list). Was expecting the SE states to dominate the list though, considering the perception about being the 'most travelled' and all that. Edo na worthy mention. This list don demystify some preconceived notions. Respect to Nigerians overseas wey no forget the homeland.

Na south west the airport and embassies dey now?
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by youngibeh(m): 8:07am On Dec 17, 2022
Please are Northern Nigeria not part of this country again grin grin
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by ipobcannibals: 8:08am On Dec 17, 2022
The developers have donated all their monies to hunchback suplim reader, namadi cownu to get them biafra.ud, thus the low remittance from that side of the country.

7 Likes

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:08am On Dec 17, 2022
franchasng:

This is about remittance and not about FDI
You must try to hype your tribe and justify the reason for their failure

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by BanyXchi: 8:09am On Dec 17, 2022
obynzo:

I am in the finance industry if you want some honest truth the South east remittance volume follow consistent patterns that can easily be explained for SW most of the remittances are end results of Romance scams Aka Yaho Yahoo. Chief areas of interest are Ekiti, Ibadan, Abule Egba, Ikotun, Okota.
So at times try and be smart when you want to argue with tribal bias and stupidity.
Omo ibo talking about remittance that can be explained. You people are delusi0nal grin.. if it's about yahoo why can't I find Enugwu and Anambra there. Drug money remittance from Anambra nko? grin

10 Likes

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Nobody: 8:09am On Dec 17, 2022
CheapHomes1:

So you mean all the remittances to Edo came from prostitution in Italy?

Most of the remittances, yes.
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by NinjaXmetahuman: 8:10am On Dec 17, 2022
RockHard:
franchasng:

igbos mostly travel all over Nigeria and few travel abroad.

Yorubas don't see any reason to travel to another state in Nigeria, so few travel to other states but they mostly travel abroad. To 1st world countries preferably.

10 Likes

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:11am On Dec 17, 2022
Ade3131:

Well, they also contribute tremendously to our internal economy. They help us balance our trade to some extent. Let's learn to appreciate their impact too while encouraging each other to do more.

For once, let's Africans live together as one and brothers. Let us stop this whole madness of downtalking other tribes. We're all blacks. And we're one.

Just to remind you, northerners make up well over 70% of our local agricultural produce. Despite the killings in the north, these people still religiously go to farm, and some of them even pay the ultimate price in the process. Many have been kidnapped, yet they won't stop going to the farm.

Or when was the last time you went to the farm? I can confidently say that all the beans being consumed in Nigeria comes from the North. Imagine that. Let's just appreciate each other is all I'm preaching. Let's learn to love and accept each other for who we are and learn to coexist peacefully.
wow, brilliant and deep. Thank you sir

3 Likes

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by tolue42(m): 8:12am On Dec 17, 2022
franchasng:
You are a small boy sir, so you won't understand.

In fact, 90% of Yorubas live abroad, ema bi nu sir, I made mistake before, ejoor cool

Chest beaters , empty barrels!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Amalekki: 8:12am On Dec 17, 2022
Titogbanski:

Na south west the airport and embassies dey now?
Abuja does not count?
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by jjmk(m): 8:13am On Dec 17, 2022
RockHard:

Check the people receiving this remittances in a lagos for example, u will see it is mostly from the south easterners

1 Like

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Obidient4life2: 8:13am On Dec 17, 2022
franchasng:

You get time to they reply clowns.
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by CheapHomes1: 8:13am On Dec 17, 2022
Buddha3:

Most of the remittances, yes.

your earlier comment suggested all. when you say "most", what do you mean? can you put a figure to it?
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Princedapace(m): 8:14am On Dec 17, 2022
Ade3131:

Nigerians pay for these products. They aren't free.
U get it?
Europeans don't live as one. U must understand that ethnic groups are important and nations should be formed based on merit. The current system we have favour northerners too much for contributing nothing much.
The agriculture u mentioned, Nigerians pay for it. It is not free. While as they get many things for almost free which come from the sweat of southerners.
Education catchment area is one of such, federal character is another one, VAT collection is another one, the list goes on about the stuff northerners enjoy freely which come from the major sweat of southerners. To fix this, we must operate a system of govt that is based on ethnic nations.
If u place French and English people in one country and shortchange the French or the English, they would fight.
So, Europeans understood this and created their country mainly on ethnic nations and ensure that no one is shortchanged and nations get what they generate.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by BanyXchi: 8:14am On Dec 17, 2022
franchasng:
UK yes, US a big NO!

UK is the only country in the world that Yorubas make up the highest population of Diaspora Nigerians.

Italy is Edo people.

China, Vietnam, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, South Korea, South Africa, Bangladesh, Turkey, Germany, Spain, Netherlands, etc na Igbo dominate, you know this grin
I remember when scholes0 came to destroy that your delusional take that there are more Yorubas in US than y'all.... LILTJAY make una come see another lamba grin.... Spain, Germany, Turkey,Japan, S.Korea, Netherlands?? grin dude the only place there are more ibos than Yorubas are only Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand.. and we all know what y'all do in these places.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Christistruth00: 8:14am On Dec 17, 2022
BanyXchi:
Omo ibo talking about remittance that can be explained. You people are delusi0nal grin.. if it's about yahoo why can't I find Enugwu and Anambra there. Drug money remittance from Anambra nko? grin

Do you know that their People that have the decency to Work in the UK are often the butt of insults and jokes from those Yahoo Boy and Drug dealer Class that absolutely refuse to Work even when jobs are found for them and offered to them

They look down on those Working with their 2 hands and living within their means and they even try
to Swindle them If they have substantial savings, but the working types are very careful and
very difficult to defraud

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

What Is The Exchange Rate For Payoneer Card ATM Withdrawal Today / How Do I Get A Loan Without Collateral? / Naira Gains Against Dollar, Trades At N1113/$ At The P2P Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.