Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,745 members, 7,813,441 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:23 PM

Catholic Man Dies In Defense Of Block Rosary Children In Enugu (Photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Catholic Man Dies In Defense Of Block Rosary Children In Enugu (Photos) (50205 Views)

Charity Ngozi Ezeh Raped And Murdered In Enugu (Photos) / Man Strips Unclad, Hangs Himself At Popular Ebeano Tunnel In Enugu. Photos / Woman Caught Stealing From Man's Pocket In Keke In Enugu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catholic Man Dies In Defense Of Block Rosary Children In Enugu (Photos) by onthehill: 3:02pm On Dec 17, 2022
A young man identified as Agbo Isaiah Oluchukwu has died while defending Block Rosary children in Enugu, IGBERETV reports.

A CATHOLIC BOY DIES IN DEFENSE OF BLOCK ROSARY CHILDREN AT UMUOGBO AGU

Agbo Isaiah Oluchukwu was a strong member of Altar boys who is from Immaculate Heart Parish Aji, Enugu Ezike in Igbo Eze North Local Government Area of Enugu State, Nigeria. He was also a devoted member of Block Rosary Crusade and as a matter of fact, he was one of the organizers of block Rosary in Aji Deanery. He was also a member of Block Rosary Crusade Brigade of Guards (BRCBG), which is a voluntary paramilitary of Block Rosary Crusade.

He was the deanery 2IC which means 2nd in command and as the deanery commandant was not around he was acting as one. BRCBG(s) are those who ensure enabling environment for the members of Block Rosary Crusade whenever they are having programs.

Some of them, including Isaiah made them were available for the retreat of Aji Deanery Block Rosary Crusade (BRC) which was scheduled to take place from October 14th to 16th, 2022, at St Joseph's Parish Umuogbo-Agu
On the day of arrival which was 14th October, 2022, Isaiah never knew he will not be returning back to his poor mother alife.

The members of BRC assembled to start their prayer program, and around 8pm when they were having their opening Rosary procession, two boys from the hosting community came but the men maning the gate could not permit them inside because they were with no tag which is the evidence that identify one as a member of the block rosary crusade. They rather told the boys that if they wish to join the program they have to get their tag, but the two boys bluntly refused to do so saying that they are the owners of the territory with some cultic slangs like we are JBC which only them knows the meaning. So the men at the gate which are BRCBG members refused to let them in.

The self acclaimed cultic boys went away and returned around 11:30pm to 12am with more boys (about 10 or 12 of them) and started banging on the gate asking the brigadiers to open the gate but they refused, then those boys broke down the gate and invaded them with some weapons like dagger, plank, 2b2 wood and so on, trying to enter inside the church where the BRC children were praying. It was at this critical moment that the young Isaiah and other BRCBG members had to risk their own lives without arms in defense of the children praying inside the church.

Some of the brigadiers who risked their lives to protect the children, were severely injured; some stabbed but Isaiah who was there as the commander took all he had to protect his people and as he was fatally injured, he persisted the battle in pains untill he ensured that those intruders had dismissed from the premises at the sight of the parish priest.

As wounded Isaiah could no longer bear the internal injuries sustained, he was rushed to Bishop shanahan hospital Enugu Ezike but they were referred to Nsukka from Nsukka they were referred to ENUGU (UNTH) and on their way to Enugu, Isaiah, who would have loved to be alife to tell this story, left us an example to follow.

May he be granted the eternal freedom of God's sons Amen

Bro Egelebe Vitus Chidera (Nsukka Diocesan president of Block Rosary Crusade)

REFLECTION ON THE DEATH OF ISAIAH OLUCHUKWU AGBO.

On Saturday, November 12, 2022, I walked to Mr David Agbo's compound. Mr David is our neighbour and it was by no means a long walk from our compound. This particular walk became the longest and the most difficult I ever made to his house. A walk of two minutes became like a century walk as I wrestled to come to terms with what had happened.
I went to offer my condolences to Agbo's family on the death of their son, Isaiah Oluchukwu Agbo, who died after being beaten up by rough boys who stormed into the church during a Block Rosary Crusade at Umuogboagu.

Oluchukwu was a very modest young man whose commitment to God was a model. He was a member of pious societies in the church. Until his martyrdom, he was the President of the Block Rosary in the parish.

Oluchukwu was intelligent and reflective and took his education seriously.

His Dad, Mr David, is popularly called 'Agu-gboo' (old lion) and in spite of his age, he relates well with people because of his friendly nature, jovialty and simple lifestyle. He is deeply involved in the community. Over the years, he worked hard to keep himself going and to support his family. He didn't marry early but when he finnally married God blessed him with two sons, Ifeanyichukwu and OLUCHUKWU. These were children of promise: their names explain everything.

Mr David's wife too is a simple and humble woman who never knew that her family would make headline some day but we live at a different time!

When I arrived at Agbo's house, I sat like Job's friend without uttering a word. Agbo looked at a distance. The wife was visibly shaken. None of us needed to say anything. We felt that Oluchukwu was the wrong person to die in the hands of rough boys since naturally, one would not associate Oluchi with evil. Was he at the wrong place? Certainly no! He was at the house of the Lord when evil visited him. We live at a different time.

We were enveloped by silence. Shedding tears, we prayed. We committed everything to God's hand.

Oluchukwu died serving God. When his killers came to the church at God's appointed hour, Oluchi tried to keep the young ones safe. Like a good shepherd, he gave his life for his fellow little flock. Having protected others, he attempted escaping when his killers descended on him.

OLUCHI died the next day, having been made weak by the injury inflicted on him. He died protecting others. God knows the best! His blood joined the cloud of witnesses. His belonged to the martyrs.

On Sunday October 16, 2022, when he finally gave up, the entire Catholic world prayed Psalm 121 during Mass. I offer the Psalm to him.

Psalm 121:
I lift up my eyes to the mountains; from where shall come my help? My help shall come from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.

He will keep your feet from stumbling. Your guard will never slumber. No, He sleeps not nor slumbers, Israel's guard.

The Lord your guard, the Lord your shade at your right hand. By day the sun shall not smite you, nor the moon in the night.

The Lord will guard you from evil; He will guard your soul. The Lord will guard your going and coming, both now and forever.

Oluchukwu, may God grant you eternal rest. May your gentle soul rest in peace. May your blood mingle with that of Christ to defend the Church under the assault of the enemies.

Good night Servant of God. Good night Okoro Nwaonyi.
Good night Nwa Aji Onee Aboke.

We shall meet again at the feet of the Lord.

Fondly remembered by Rev Fr Jude Onyebuchi Alih, MSP

https://m./1015656715247379/permalink/3056623644483999/

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Catholic Man Dies In Defense Of Block Rosary Children In Enugu (Photos) by onthehill: 3:02pm On Dec 17, 2022
More

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Catholic Man Dies In Defense Of Block Rosary Children In Enugu (Photos) by Jennyclay(f): 3:06pm On Dec 17, 2022
Rip to the departed soul.

The young man lay down his life for the church to live.

His reward in heaven is great.

284 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Catholic Man Dies In Defense Of Block Rosary Children In Enugu (Photos) by Jeon(f): 3:12pm On Dec 17, 2022
RIP

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Catholic Man Dies In Defense Of Block Rosary Children In Enugu (Photos) by JasonScoolari: 3:15pm On Dec 17, 2022
I can't put my life at risk because I want to serve God... The Holy Book even said; "Apply Wisdom In All You Do"

Sorry Isaiah, rest peacefully.

30 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Catholic Man Dies In Defense Of Block Rosary Children In Enugu (Photos) by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 17, 2022
But what did the guys who attacked them want?

To worship?

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Catholic Man Dies In Defense Of Block Rosary Children In Enugu (Photos) by danvon(m): 3:46pm On Dec 17, 2022
UnusualEmissary:
But what did the guys who attacked them want?

To worship?
The story no clear

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Catholic Man Dies In Defense Of Block Rosary Children In Enugu (Photos) by Pierocash(m): 3:51pm On Dec 17, 2022
How people risk the lives of others is what I do not get.

So the church couldn't provide police men to provide security for them and the children in a time like this where holding vigil in Nigeria is now a risk? This is absurd

40 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Catholic Man Dies In Defense Of Block Rosary Children In Enugu (Photos) by Richy4(m): 4:22pm On Dec 17, 2022
This is just sad... Was there an arrest made at all? Was the matter even reported to the police?

I wish Nigeria was really great.. Maybe he would have been alive because all these referral; from Bishop shanahan hospital Enugu Ezike to Nsukka from Nsukka to ENUGU (UNTH)..
He needed to be airlifted not by road... Every minute counts in such situation...Probably He was not even taken there by an ambulance that can make the journey a bit comfortable, with nurses or paramedics to monitor him with every life support necessary.. sad

76 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Catholic Man Dies In Defense Of Block Rosary Children In Enugu (Photos) by NaijaCover(m): 4:54pm On Dec 17, 2022
What A Terrible Sad News

Is Crying cry

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Catholic Man Dies In Defense Of Block Rosary Children In Enugu (Photos) by Houseofglam7(f): 5:16pm On Dec 17, 2022
cry
May his soul Rest In Peace
Re: Catholic Man Dies In Defense Of Block Rosary Children In Enugu (Photos) by Nostring: 5:29pm On Dec 17, 2022
Rip bro.. true story, d omogbon's among em no do strong man...den jakpa to live and tell the story undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Man Dies In Defense Of Block Rosary Children In Enugu (Photos) by SenatePresdo(m): 7:19pm On Dec 17, 2022
Religion
Re: Catholic Man Dies In Defense Of Block Rosary Children In Enugu (Photos) by Adedotguy: 7:20pm On Dec 17, 2022
embarassed
Re: Catholic Man Dies In Defense Of Block Rosary Children In Enugu (Photos) by Chijeep(m): 7:20pm On Dec 17, 2022
RIP

1 Like

Re: Catholic Man Dies In Defense Of Block Rosary Children In Enugu (Photos) by DeepThroater: 7:20pm On Dec 17, 2022
Heathen savages strike again

The church no longer holds any sacredness amongst the OSU pagan.

4 Likes

Re: Catholic Man Dies In Defense Of Block Rosary Children In Enugu (Photos) by BESTScientist1: 7:20pm On Dec 17, 2022
I want to strongly believe that Igbos are not cowards and are not foolish. If we yorubas are rooting for OBI as against the druggie who should be in old people's home, then put your house in order bikonu

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Catholic Man Dies In Defense Of Block Rosary Children In Enugu (Photos) by smile11s(m): 7:21pm On Dec 17, 2022
Chai
Re: Catholic Man Dies In Defense Of Block Rosary Children In Enugu (Photos) by DeepThroater: 7:21pm On Dec 17, 2022
SenatePresdo:
Religion

No.

Its an OSU attack on the church as rightly predicted by me.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Man Dies In Defense Of Block Rosary Children In Enugu (Photos) by Midah2BA: 7:22pm On Dec 17, 2022
Catch a fly, put it in a bottle and cover with the lid. After some time, take off the lid. Fly will still keep moving within the bottle.
Me: it's freedom time guys
Housefly: I am used to been here bro.

Lessons: Some slaves enjoy slavery even when opportunities to be free comes

Vote wisely and if this write-up annoy you, you are already heading for destruction

9 Likes

Re: Catholic Man Dies In Defense Of Block Rosary Children In Enugu (Photos) by MrBanner(m): 7:22pm On Dec 17, 2022
--

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Catholic Man Dies In Defense Of Block Rosary Children In Enugu (Photos) by Yankee101: 7:22pm On Dec 17, 2022
Rest in peace

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Man Dies In Defense Of Block Rosary Children In Enugu (Photos) by angelfallz(m): 7:22pm On Dec 17, 2022
May his soul rest in peace and may God welcome him into his kingdom.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Catholic Man Dies In Defense Of Block Rosary Children In Enugu (Photos) by Ganqqot: 7:23pm On Dec 17, 2022
R.I.P

1 Like

Re: Catholic Man Dies In Defense Of Block Rosary Children In Enugu (Photos) by emmabosco: 7:23pm On Dec 17, 2022
The boy should name as a saint

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Man Dies In Defense Of Block Rosary Children In Enugu (Photos) by MorataFC: 7:23pm On Dec 17, 2022
Hmnnn
Re: Catholic Man Dies In Defense Of Block Rosary Children In Enugu (Photos) by Journalistonwhe: 7:23pm On Dec 17, 2022
This death was highly avoidable only if we know how to apply security consciousness. The Church should have engaged the services of Police men and also you are not suppose to fight cult boys with bare hands. Those guys are brutal and hunger for blood.
May the Soul of the Young man rest in peace. This is a selfless leadership by example. Any day we have a Leader that can out his life on the line for his citizens then that is the day Nigeria will start their first foot step to greatness.

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Man Dies In Defense Of Block Rosary Children In Enugu (Photos) by SeriouslySense(m): 7:24pm On Dec 17, 2022
What a sad story, i cannot imagine the pain of his parents.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Man Dies In Defense Of Block Rosary Children In Enugu (Photos) by toprealman: 7:24pm On Dec 17, 2022
JasonScoolari:
I can't put my life at risk because I want to serve God... The Holy Book even said; "Apply Wisdom In All You Do"

Sorry Isaiah, rest peacefully.
"I", the problem with Nigeria.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Soldiers Kill Man For Being ‘Blood Relative Of Gana’, Dump Body By Road / Police Declared 'Ikanda' Wanted, N1Million Reward Involved.Photos / Kidnapper Killed While Collecting ₦2.1 Million Ransom In Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.