Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,013 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

The Day A "Bad Guy" Met His Saviour - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Day A "Bad Guy" Met His Saviour (11737 Views)

The Day A Runs Girl Met Her Lord / The Day A Wizkid Met His Lord / Fear Not, Your Saviour Is Here!! - Joseph Prince (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Day A "Bad Guy" Met His Saviour by Interesting15: 8:36am On Dec 18, 2022
The man 'Zacchaeus' was a 'bad guy' that was hated by many people in his society for obvious reasons. However, he encountered the Lord Jesus on a certain day, and his life experienced a massive turnaround for good.

Read the entire story yourself from scripture:

Now behold, there was a man named Zacchaeus who was a chief tax collector, and he was rich. And he sought to see who Jesus was, but could not because of the crowd, for he was of short stature. So he ran ahead and climbed up into a sycamore tree to see Him, for He was going to pass that way. And when Jesus came to the place, He looked up and saw him, and said to him, “Zacchaeus, make haste and come down, for today I must stay at your house.” So he made haste and came down, and received Him joyfully. But when they saw it, they all complained, saying, “He has gone to be a guest with a man who is a sinner.” Then Zacchaeus stood and said to the Lord, “Look, Lord, I give half of my goods to the poor; and if I have taken anything from anyone by false accusation, I restore fourfold.” And Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, because he also is a son of Abraham; for the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost.” Luke 19:2‭-‬10 NKJV

You see, Jesus is still very much around today and He is ready to bring you out of any form of ugly lifestyle you are living. It doesn't matter the terrible and sinful things you are doing, Jesus is not condemning you, for He loves you greatly.

If like Zacchaeus, you will run to Jesus and forsake your sinful ways, Jesus will come to you right now and make your life so beautiful.

What is the next step?

Run away from sin, and live your life for GOD. It is your destiny to live inside GOD through Jesus Christ Who is the Way, the Truth and the Life. Only Jesus Christ could boldly proclaim: "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6).

Simply say this prayer with sincerity:

"LORD JESUS, I believe in my heart that You died for me and You raised on the third day for my justification. And so I confess with my mouth that You are my Lord and Savior. From today, I belong to the family of God. Thank You for giving me eternal life."

Get a Bible (you can even download online) and study God's Word regularly to know more about the LORD. Look for a Bible believing church around you and fellowship with fellow Christians to grow in the things of the Spirit.

If you need assistance, you can always reach out to me.

God bless you in Jesus Name. Amen.

https://www.sundayakanni.com/2022/12/the-day-bad-guy-met-his-saviour.html

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Day A "Bad Guy" Met His Saviour by Interesting15: 8:37am On Dec 18, 2022
Happy Sunday, everyone. Jesus loves you.

8 Likes

Re: The Day A "Bad Guy" Met His Saviour by Interesting15: 8:37am On Dec 18, 2022
lalasticlala
Re: The Day A "Bad Guy" Met His Saviour by hopefulLandlord: 8:47am On Dec 18, 2022
Picture this

in far Away Israel, a girl who everyone believed is a virgin was taking big gbola on the side codedly and then didn't see her menses suddenly. She then decided to manipulate a beta carpenter into taking the baby by making an intricate plan which worked as the carpenter got betrothed to her and then gave him psychedelic plants which made him see visions of some spirit coming to tell him she's pregnant and its some invisible entity that was responsible

this child was born and his mother kept calling him "son of god" and this child deluded himself into believing it, he went around gathering 12 people who shared in his delusions
this made him talk anyhow and criticise anyone even destroying people's market one day, this inevitably led to him suffering from delusion of grandeur

his village people grew tired of his antics so decided to beat the ever living crap out of him then hung him on the cross like they do common thieves in those days. He realised his folly and quickly asked god why he forsook him and even told his imaginary father to make the "cup pass over him", but since there's no god anywhere listening no one saved him and he died, his other disciples stole his body, claimed he rose from the dead and flew to heaven on the third day; even his mother, that authored the delusion, didn't see him.

there are deluded people who believed this man died for their misdemeanors, they pray to this dead man everyday and cover themselves with the blood of this man
these people call themselves "Christians"

its a pity Nigeria has a huge population of people that believes a troublemaking son of a carpenter suffering from delusion
of grandeur has all powers

how can a Nigerian believe a Jew died for their sins when most of the people who saw him die (The Jews) don't buy that? only 2% of people in Israel are Christians. its like Americans claiming Murtala Mohammed died for their sins while Nigerians laugh at their delusions

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Day A "Bad Guy" Met His Saviour by AntiChristian: 8:56am On Dec 18, 2022
Oya Zakeru Boole!

Mr Badoo!

1 Like

Re: The Day A "Bad Guy" Met His Saviour by Uyi168: 9:01am On Dec 18, 2022
AntiChristian:
Oya Zakeru Boole!

Mr Badoo!
you are on almost every christain thread, what manner of evil spirit possess u?

2 Likes

Re: The Day A "Bad Guy" Met His Saviour by Nobody: 9:10am On Dec 18, 2022
Uyi168:

No be everything be evil spirits grin grin cheesy cheesy grin
Re: The Day A "Bad Guy" Met His Saviour by twilliamx(m): 9:19am On Dec 18, 2022
Interesting
Re: The Day A "Bad Guy" Met His Saviour by ClassicMan202(m): 9:20am On Dec 18, 2022
Cvb
Re: The Day A "Bad Guy" Met His Saviour by Curious345: 9:20am On Dec 18, 2022
If only Jehovah can give us Peter obi ..

And if not Peter obi , he should give us osibanjo..

TINUBU COULD BE THE CURSE WE HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Day A "Bad Guy" Met His Saviour by Tunasco4u(m): 9:20am On Dec 18, 2022
Ok
Re: The Day A "Bad Guy" Met His Saviour by Koko88(m): 9:20am On Dec 18, 2022
True story.
Re: The Day A "Bad Guy" Met His Saviour by Icent99(m): 9:21am On Dec 18, 2022
Happy Sunday guys
Re: The Day A "Bad Guy" Met His Saviour by AntiChristian: 9:25am On Dec 18, 2022
Uyi168:

Same one that posseses you to know I'm on almost all Christians thread!
Re: The Day A "Bad Guy" Met His Saviour by Chopcy29: 9:33am On Dec 18, 2022
Amen �� happy Sunday peeps
Re: The Day A "Bad Guy" Met His Saviour by Maynman: 9:36am On Dec 18, 2022
What made Zacchaeus a bad guy?

And according to what you posted, Zacchaeus seem like a good guy before meeting jesus, it shows you don’t need a deity or random books to know what’s right or wrong.
“Look, Lord, I give half of my goods to the poor; and if I have taken anything from anyone by false accusation, I restore fourfold.”
Re: The Day A "Bad Guy" Met His Saviour by Smith414: 9:37am On Dec 18, 2022
Curious345:
If only Jehovah can give us Peter obi ..

And if not Peter obi , he should give us osibanjo..

TINUBU COULD BE THE CURSE WE HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR
lollll TINUBU IS THE CURSE WE ALL MUST JOIN HANDS IN UNITY PRAY AGAINST, ALL RELIGIONS INVOLVED
Re: The Day A "Bad Guy" Met His Saviour by Truefaith: 9:50am On Dec 18, 2022
This is what fake Christianity in 2022 looks like.

The boy is not bad; he only appears to be a 'bad guy'!

He has some 'form of ugly lifestyle', not that he is sinning against a holy God!

"It doesn't matter the terrible and sinful things you are doing, Jesus is not condemning you, for He loves you greatly". Really?

If 'Jesus is not condemning you', why repenting of any sin?

That is the 'gospel' according to Satan.

Psa 7:11  ... and God is angry with the wicked every day.  Psa 7:12  If he turn not, he (God) will whet his sword; he (God) has bent his bow, and made it ready. 
Psa 7:13  He (God) has also prepared for him the instruments of death; he ordains his arrows against the persecutors. 

www.thetruechristianfaith.com
Re: The Day A "Bad Guy" Met His Saviour by Lasgidi90(m): 10:21am On Dec 18, 2022
hopefulLandlord:
Picture this

in far Away Israel, a l girl who everyone believed is a virgin was taking big gbola on the side codedly and then didn't see her menses suddenly. She then decided to manipulate a beta carpenter into taking the baby by making an intricate plan which worked as the carpenter got betrothed to her and then gave him psychedelic plants which made him see visions of some spirit coming to tell him she's pregnant and its some invisible entity that was responsible

this child was born and his mother kept calling him "son of god" and this child deluded himself into believing it, he went around gathering 12 people who shared in his delusions
this made him talk anyhow and criticise anyone even destroying people's market one day, this inevitably led to him suffering from delusion of grandeur

his village people grew tired of his antics so decided to beat the ever living crap out of him then hung him on the cross like they do common thieves in those days. He realised his folly and quickly asked god why he forsook him and even told his imaginary father to make the "cup pass over him", but since there's no god anywhere listening no one saved him and he died, his other disciples stole his body, claimed he rose from the dead and flew to heaven on the third day; even his mother, that authored the delusion, didn't see him.

there are deluded people who believed this man died for their misdemeanors, they pray to this dead man everyday and cover themselves with the blood of this man

its a pity Nigeria has a huge population of people that believes a troublemaking son of a carpenter suffering from delusion

how can a Nigerian believe a Jew died for their sins when most of the people who saw him die (The Jews) don't buy that? only 2% of people in Israel are Christians. its like Americans claiming Murtala Mohammed died for their sins while Nigerians laugh at their delusions
Chaiiii, kukuma kill me. See finishing.
Re: The Day A "Bad Guy" Met His Saviour by AmeLonRo(m): 11:55am On Dec 18, 2022
Re: The Day A "Bad Guy" Met His Saviour by CodeTemplar: 12:03pm On Dec 18, 2022
hopefulLandlord:
Picture this

in far Away Israel, a girl who everyone believed is a virgin was taking big gbola on the side codedly and then didn't see her menses suddenly. She then decided to manipulate a beta carpenter into taking the baby by making an intricate plan which worked as the carpenter got betrothed to her and then gave him psychedelic plants which made him see visions of some spirit coming to tell him she's pregnant and its some invisible entity that was responsible

you ignored all the great works Jesus did and transfiguration. Keep trying.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Day A "Bad Guy" Met His Saviour by Pufpuf(m): 1:02pm On Dec 18, 2022
Contact me for your academic writings, articles, researches and book publishing.
I'm a public health physician, researcher & content writer.
08038642174 deledkingdomcitizen@gmail.com
Re: The Day A "Bad Guy" Met His Saviour by mainkendo: 1:07pm On Dec 18, 2022
hopefulLandlord:
Picture this

May God have pity on you for this statement.
You believe in witches and supernatural powers and then doubt the power of God.
Continue. Easier to extol your imagination.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Day A "Bad Guy" Met His Saviour by Deepthoughts: 1:18pm On Dec 18, 2022
Interesting15:

The man 'Zacchaeus' was a 'bad guy' that was hated by many people in his society for obvious reasons. However, he encountered the Lord Jesus on a certain day, and his life experienced a massive turnaround for good.

Read the entire story yourself from scripture:

Now behold, there was a man named Zacchaeus who was a chief tax collector, and he was rich. And he sought to see who Jesus was, but could not because of the crowd, for he was of short stature. So he ran ahead and climbed up into a sycamore tree to see Him, for He was going to pass that way. And when Jesus came to the place, He looked up and saw him, and said to him, “Zacchaeus, make haste and come down, for today I must stay at your house.” So he made haste and came down, and received Him joyfully. But when they saw it, they all complained, saying, “He has gone to be a guest with a man who is a sinner.” Then Zacchaeus stood and said to the Lord, “Look, Lord, I give half of my goods to the poor; and if I have taken anything from anyone by false accusation, I restore fourfold.” And Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, because he also is a son of Abraham; for the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost.” Luke 19:2‭-‬10 NKJV

You see, Jesus is still very much around today and He is ready to bring you out of any form of ugly lifestyle you are living. It doesn't matter the terrible and sinful things you are doing, Jesus is not condemning you, for He loves you greatly.

If like Zacchaeus, you will run to Jesus and forsake your sinful ways, Jesus will come to you right now and make your life so beautiful.

What is the next step?

Run away from sin, and live your life for GOD. It is your destiny to live inside GOD through Jesus Christ Who is the Way, the Truth and the Life. Only Jesus Christ could boldly proclaim: "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6).

Simply say this prayer with sincerity:

"LORD JESUS, I believe in my heart that You died for me and You raised on the third day for my justification. And so I confess with my mouth that You are my Lord and Savior. From today, I belong to the family of God. Thank You for giving me eternal life."

Get a Bible (you can even download online) and study God's Word regularly to know more about the LORD. Look for a Bible believing church around you and fellowship with fellow Christians to grow in the things of the Spirit.

If you need assistance, you can always reach out to me.

God bless you in Jesus Name. Amen.

https://www.sundayakanni.com/2022/12/the-day-bad-guy-met-his-saviour.html
So apart from tax collection,what was the sin(s) of zacheaus? abi tax collection is evil?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Day A "Bad Guy" Met His Saviour by hopefulLandlord: 1:19pm On Dec 18, 2022
mainkendo:

May God have pity on you for this statement.
You believe in witches and supernatural powers and then doubt the power of God.
Continue. Easier to extol your imagination.

Never ASSUME because when you ASSUME, you make an ASS out of U and ME.
Re: The Day A "Bad Guy" Met His Saviour by Deepthoughts: 1:23pm On Dec 18, 2022
hopefulLandlord:
Picture this

A million dollars rewards awaits you,if you can write same about prophet Mohammed.
Re: The Day A "Bad Guy" Met His Saviour by hopefulLandlord: 1:25pm On Dec 18, 2022
Deepthoughts:
A million dollars rewards awaits you,if you can write same about prophet Mohammed.

I have one I regularly post for Mohammedans

A rug rider crawls into a cave in the 7th Century CE, the Angel Gabriel appears out of nowhere and whispers words of profound wisdom to the rider. Gabriel's whisperings are then somehow documented by the rider for all Eternity as the Words of God for the future benefit of Mankind. Fast forward to the 20th century CE. Erwin Schrodinger picks up his pencil and proceeds to write out the Wave Equation of the Universe which replaces the role of Newton's laws and conservation of energy in classical mechanics. It is an equation in terms of a wave function which predicts analytically and precisely the probability of events to within an accuracy of 10-decimal places. Why does anyone in the 21st century CE, astonishingly, still give any credence to the writings of a delusional 7th century ignorant goat herder who claimed an angel spoke to him in a cave? Apparently there are still approximately 1.5-billion or more Neanderthals out there who still "believe". Beats me!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can You Answer These Bible Questions? Try Let's See. / Do People Still Go Out To Preach & Convert People In Real Time? / ‘onaiyekan, Mbang Want Ayokunle’s Inauguration As CAN President Scuttled’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.