Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,762 members, 7,809,929 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:25 PM

The Day A Runs Girl Met Her Lord - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Day A Runs Girl Met Her Lord (42846 Views)

The Day A "Bad Guy" Met His Saviour / The Day A Wizkid Met His Lord / Father Christmas Scares A Child As She Cries & Runs Away (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Day A Runs Girl Met Her Lord by Interesting15: 6:52am On May 29, 2022
A runs girl is a slang used to refer to a female who usually have sex with different men for money and other benefits. In other words, they are harlots or prostitutes.

Now, prostitution didn't start today. In fact, from ancient times (many centuries ago) there have been different women in different parts of history that can be rightly regarded as runs girls.

Now, when the LORD JESUS was going about His ministry on earth thousands of years ago, a prostitute (a runs girl) encountered Him. In fact, she encountered Him at a point in time when she was at the verge of being killed for her immoral lifestyle.

"But Jesus went to the Mount of Olives. At dawn he appeared again in the temple courts, where all the people gathered around him, and he sat down to teach them. The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group and said to Jesus, "Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?" They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him. But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground. At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. Jesus straightened up and asked her, "Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?" "No one, sir," she said. "Then neither do I condemn you," Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin." John 8:1-11

Rather than Jesus Christ condemning her to death, He saved her from death! He encouraged her to stop living a life of sin, because the wages of sin is death.

Indeed, a life of sin brings about separation between a human and God. A human living outside of God is akin to a fish that's making attempt to live outside the water. Such will die, right?

Today, I don't care how deep you have gone in whatever type of sin. Jesus is not condemning you, but He is ready to save you.

It doesn't matter if people have seen you as a worthless runs girl, yahoo boy, kidnapper, etc. Jesus is here to save you. All you have to do is to repent, and then embrace Him as Lord and Savior.

There was another woman famously tagged a prostitute. Her name is Mary Magdalene. But when she encountered Jesus, her life changed. After submitting to Jesus' Lordship, she became a great tool in the hands of God. She was part of those who financially supported Jesus and the disciples (Luke 8:1-3). She witnessed Jesus' death and was even the very first person to see Him resurrected (John 20:11-18). She was even likely part of those that were baptized with the Holy Ghost in the upper room after Jesus ascended (Acts 1:14, Acts 2)

See how God changed her life? God is going to change your life too. You only have to repent of whatever sin you still indulge in, and submit to Him. He will make you an eternal champion and you will experience true fulfillment and joy, as He empowers you with His Holy Spirit.

Tell JESUS to have mercy on you right now, and embrace Him as your Lord and Saviour

https://www.sundayakanni.com/2022/05/the-day-runs-girl-met-her-lord.html?m=1

104 Likes 16 Shares

Re: The Day A Runs Girl Met Her Lord by Interesting15: 6:53am On May 29, 2022
JESUS loves you

82 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Day A Runs Girl Met Her Lord by Interesting15: 6:53am On May 29, 2022
lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: The Day A Runs Girl Met Her Lord by AntiChristian: 7:41am On May 29, 2022
But....

Did the Bible call that lady a prostitute?

I mean did she collect any fee for her service?

You just quote the verse that approves sin for all and also stopped punishment for sinners.

4 Likes

Re: The Day A Runs Girl Met Her Lord by advocatejare(m): 8:13am On May 29, 2022
AntiChristian:
But....

Did the Bible call that lady a prostitute?

I mean did she collect any fee for her service?

You just quote the verse that approves sin for all and also stopped punishment for sinners.

He quoted the verse that shows Jesus as the mercy to the world and not someone who came to condemn people to death. Jesus told the woman to go and sin no more. The woman had the chance to repent and live a meaningful life.

But 600 years later, Muhammad that you lie to people as mercy to the world, stoned adulterers to death, he didn’t give them chance to repent

Sunan Ibn Majah 2553
It was narrated from Ibn`Abbas that `Umar bin Khattab said:
“I fear that after a long time has passed, some will say: 'I do not find (the sentence of) stoning in the Book of Allah (ﷺ),' and they will go astray by abandoning one of the obligations enjoined by Allah (SWT). Rather stoning is a must if a man is married (or previously married) and proof is established, or if pregnancy results or if he admits it. I have read it (in the Quran). “And if an old man and an old woman commit adultery, stone them both.” The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) stoned (adulterers) and we stoned (them) after him.' ”

Muhammad himself was an adulterer who should have been stoned to death like he did others.

Muhammad coveted the wife of his adopted son

Muhammad desecrated the bed of Hafsa his wife by raping Hafsa’s slave, Maria the Copt (Maria Al Qibitiyya) on Hafsa’s bed!

It was narrated from Anas, that the Messenger of Allah had a female slave with whom he had intercourse, but 'Aishah and Hafsah would not leave him alone until he said that she was forbidden for him. Then Allah, the Mighty and Sublime, revealed:
"O Prophet! Why do you forbid (for yourself) that which Allah has allowed to you.' until the end of the Verse.
Grade : Sahih (Darussalam)
Reference : Sunan an-Nasa'i 3959.

66.1 Jalal - Al-Jalalayn
O Prophet! Why do you prohibit what God has made lawful for you, in terms of your Coptic handmaiden Māriyaَ— when he lay with her in the house of Hafsa, who had been away, but who upon returning [and finding out] became upset by the fact that this had taken place in her own house and on her own bed — byَ saying,َ‘Sheَ isَ unlawfulَ forَ me!’,َ seeking,َ byَ makingَ herَ unlawfulَ [forَ you],َ toَ pleaseَ yourَ wives?َ Andَ God is Forgiving, Merciful, having forgiven you this prohibition.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Day A Runs Girl Met Her Lord by Uprightness100(m): 8:54am On May 29, 2022
I Have seen dreaded armed robbers who have killed so many Surrender to JESUS. Today they are evangelist spreading the gospel of JESUS.

I Have seen Prostitutes have Encounters with JESUS. Today they are clean and happily married.

I Have seen ritualist run and Surrender to JESUS

I Have seen Drug addicts have an encounter with JESUS. Today they are repaired, remoulded and standing firmly for JESUS Christ.

No sin is too much for the blood of JESUS Christ. The Mercies of GOD is available for all no matter how dirty and evil you have been.

Take advantage of that now, run to JESUS, repent and Surrender totally to Him.

Take note, The Mercy of GOD Expires at Death. Make hay and take advantage now that there is Life.

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Day A Runs Girl Met Her Lord by God1000(m): 9:35am On May 29, 2022
Why should God accept such a sinner after destroying so many lives

4 Likes

Re: The Day A Runs Girl Met Her Lord by Afonjamuslim24(f): 9:36am On May 29, 2022
Uprightness100:
I Have seen dreaded armed robbers who have killed so many Surrender to JESUS. Today they are evangelist spreading the gospel of JESUS.

I Have seen Prostitutes have Encounters with JESUS. Today they are clean and happily married.

I Have seen ritualist run and Surrender to JESUS

I Have seen Drug addicts have an encounter with JESUS. Today they are repaired, remoulded and standing firmly for JESUS Christ.

No sin is too much for the blood of JESUS Christ. The Mercies of GOD is available for all no matter how dirty and evil you have been.

Take advantage of that now, run to JESUS, repent and Surrender totally to Him.

Take note, The Mercy of GOD Expires at Death. Make hay and take advantage now that there is Life.

Happy Sunday to you hypocrite!

1 Like

Re: The Day A Runs Girl Met Her Lord by Ezedon(m): 9:36am On May 29, 2022
That is salvation, but modern days runs girls will try to seduce Jesus
Re: The Day A Runs Girl Met Her Lord by Dawn91(m): 9:36am On May 29, 2022
Hmmmmm
Re: The Day A Runs Girl Met Her Lord by Ekakamba: 9:37am On May 29, 2022
A good one.

Topic sounds hilarious though.

2 Likes

Re: The Day A Runs Girl Met Her Lord by SIRKAY98(m): 9:37am On May 29, 2022
Jesus is kind and a very present help in time of need.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Day A Runs Girl Met Her Lord by NairaLux(f): 9:37am On May 29, 2022
K
Re: The Day A Runs Girl Met Her Lord by grandstar(m): 9:38am On May 29, 2022
Ok
Re: The Day A Runs Girl Met Her Lord by AirObama: 9:38am On May 29, 2022
Jesus Christ is king of kings but I am the most high cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Day A Runs Girl Met Her Lord by pennywys(m): 9:38am On May 29, 2022
cheesy
Re: The Day A Runs Girl Met Her Lord by Dorwadora(f): 9:38am On May 29, 2022
Jesus or No Jesus

The moral of this story to me is

"Who never guck up, hands in the air"

While Jesus was benevolent and all.... I still think that we must always remember that when we point 1 finger to others the remaining 4 is pointed back to us. Castigation and judging people because it'll make you feel good or message your hurt ego is not good.

You don't know the whole story, so shut the guck up.

2 Likes

Re: The Day A Runs Girl Met Her Lord by SailorUgo(m): 9:38am On May 29, 2022
grin
Re: The Day A Runs Girl Met Her Lord by RaptObserver: 9:39am On May 29, 2022
Runs girls are also human beings. I don't have any issue with them. I have learnt to accept all human beings for who they are.

2 Likes

Re: The Day A Runs Girl Met Her Lord by Christane: 9:39am On May 29, 2022
what I learnt from the write up is dat. stop condemning others. if u av what it takes to help anyone to lead dem to the right path ...do it ..instead of condemnation ... condemnation does not solve anything ...same as violence instead it aggravate things ...peace and love z d solution ..

8 Likes

Re: The Day A Runs Girl Met Her Lord by DARLINGTON869(m): 9:39am On May 29, 2022
Great write up.... Short and witty.
May we genuinely repent from our sins inJesus name. Amen

T O DARLING

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Andrew Ejimadu Arrested In Zambia For Sleeping With A Minor. Photos / Bible Emergency Numbers That Will Shock You / Adeboye: How A Text Message Ended My Sorrow Over Lost Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.