Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,324 members, 7,829,809 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean (1555 Views)

I Am An Atheist Ask (don't) Me Any Anything Part 3 / Man Writes Church To Ask For Refund Of Offerings He Gave From 1998 To 2017 (Pix) / My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by Maynman: 8:47pm On Dec 18, 2022
PoliteActivist:

That's the point. What we are experiencing may very well be the true nature of things. But we have no way of being sure. So we have to acknowledge that we are assuming that reality is as we perceive it

If we can assume reality is as we perceive it, why can’t we assume reality is in its very true nature?

Science didn’t just wake up and say that they don’t know dark matter true nature, they didn’t ASSUME!
Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by LordReed(m): 8:49pm On Dec 18, 2022
PoliteActivist:

You are better than this na.
We have to first of all ASSUME that reality is as we perceive it. Once we are done with that,
CIRCUMSTANTIAL EVIDENCE suggests a designer.

LoLz. Your juvenile attempt to poison the well didn't work so now you still want to introduce your god after you said there is no proof sufficient to make a decision either way. Sorry not sorry, I reject your designer based on your own premises.

Still waiting for where I told you there is no god. LMAO!

1 Like

Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by PoliteActivist: 8:52pm On Dec 18, 2022
Maynman:

If we can assume reality is as we perceive it, why can’t we assume reality is in its very true nature.

Science didn’t just wake up and say that they don’t know dark matter true nature, they didn’t ASSUME!

Your first statement doesn't make any sense. Either way it is an ASSUMPTION. That's the point.

Science knows dark matter is there because they can perceive it. They just don't know it's true nature.
Same way, we can perceive reality but we have no way of knowing it's true nature
Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by LordReed(m): 8:53pm On Dec 18, 2022
PoliteActivist:

What has Matrix to do with this? Matrix is a movie

Was it you is the question.
Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by Maynman: 8:55pm On Dec 18, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Your first statement doesn't make any sense. Either way it is an ASSUMPTION. That's the point.

Science knows dark matter is there because they can perceive it. They just don't know it's true nature.
Same way, we can perceive reality but we have no way of knowing it's true nature

“So we have to acknowledge that we are ASSUMING that reality is as we perceive it“ but this make sense?

Perceive means to understand.
If scientist understand what dark matters mean with facts and evidence.

Can you also make me understand what reality is with facts and evidence so when we finally know its true nature we can compare and contrast?
Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by PoliteActivist: 8:56pm On Dec 18, 2022
LordReed:

LoLz. Your juvenile attempt to poison the well didn't work so now you still want to introduce your god after you said there is no proof sufficient to make a decision either way. Sorry not sorry, I reject your designer based on your own premises.

Still waiting for where I told you there is no god. LMAO!

After watching the world cup final I'll post it for you.
Meanwhile study the words CIRCUMSTANTIAL evidence, as opposed to definitive proof!
Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by PoliteActivist: 8:57pm On Dec 18, 2022
LordReed:

Was it you is the question.

I only have one moniker. I don't have time for ten monikers like some of you
Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by PoliteActivist: 9:00pm On Dec 18, 2022
Maynman:

“So we have to acknowledge that we are ASSUMING that reality is as we perceive it“ but this make sense?

Perceive means to understand.
If scientist understand what dark matters mean with facts and evidence.

Can you also make me understand what reality is with facts and evidence so when we finally know its true nature we can compare and contrast?

Perceive means to understand??
Bros, with all due respect I'm done with you.
You shouldn't be in this type of discussion
Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by LordReed(m): 9:05pm On Dec 18, 2022
PoliteActivist:

After watching the world cup final I'll post it for you.
Meanwhile study the words CIRCUMSTANTIAL evidence, as opposed to definitive proof!

The world cup ended hours ago. LMAO.

I don't care for your circumstantial evidence, it means nothing since it can point to nothing of substance. You are free to conjecture all you want but know that that is all it is and it doesn't convince us.

1 Like

Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by Maynman: 9:07pm On Dec 18, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Perceive means to understand??
Bros, with all due respect I'm done with you.
You shouldn't be in this type of discussion

Lol.
So scientist don’t understand dark matter, they just “perceive” it? Bwahahahah
Why you so desperate to base your life on assumption and not understanding? Is it an attempt to bring your “designer” in?

The jargons you feed yourself has fell before your eyes.

Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by Dtruthspeaker: 9:45pm On Dec 18, 2022
LordReed:

I don't care for your circumstantial evidence, it means nothing since it can point to nothing of substance. You are free to conjecture all you want but know that that is all it is and it doesn't convince us.

Now that he has pointed you to an admissible evidence which proves Truth, called "circumstantial evidence" you are running.
Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by Dtruthspeaker: 9:49pm On Dec 18, 2022
Workch:

This is how to make evidence, you don't just make claims and then boom, you expect us to believe it. It has to be tested. Testimonies are never evidence. It's more and more claims

Testimonies are what is called "Oral Evidence" subject to many tests before they can be taken as True and Proof of Truth!
Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by PoliteActivist: 9:53pm On Dec 18, 2022
LordReed:

We've been commenting on WC

Now, see below

Circumstances evidence is something accidentally being there that satisfies a man's desires (woman), or you being attracted to older people as you get older, people that repulsed you when you were younger.
You really don't sense arrangee in all of this?

Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by jaephoenix(m): 10:14pm On Dec 18, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Let me try to be patient.
The fact that we are perceiving reality is in itself reality.
There is no doubt that exists. Stop pretending you're am infant
I thought you said we cant ascertain if this reality exists?
Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by Maynman: 10:15pm On Dec 18, 2022
jaephoenix:

I thought you said we cant ascertain if this reality exists?

The guy assumes and perceives reality when it favours him.
Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by LordReed(m): 10:47pm On Dec 18, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Now, see below

Circumstances evidence is something accidentally being there that satisfies a man's desires (woman), or you being attracted to older people as you get older, people that repulsed you when you were younger.

LMFAO! Did you look at the name on the screenshots you posted? Does LordReed and hopefulLandlord look like the same to you?

None of the scenarios you posit make any sense to me. I have a wife, I didn't just wake up one day and find her in my bed, there was a deliberate effort to get her there. And no I am not attracted to older people because I'm growing older. If that is what is happening to you no need to generalise it.

Now I strongly suspect you are the Matrix fellow, this is exactly how he used to behave. Using wonky things as examples and attempting all manner of obfuscation.
Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by LordReed(m): 10:59pm On Dec 18, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Now, see below

Guy you are FreeIgboho. Don't be lying.

1 Like

Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by traihit: 11:03pm On Dec 18, 2022
Workch:
this is strawman.
The issue here is not to prove reality, the issue here to to prove the potency of miracle using controlled method just the same way you can prove that levofloxacin can cure typhoid fever.

Whether or not reality can be proven, it wont affect the result

Why call it "miracle" if you can put it under experiment?

By its very nature, miracle means something you can't logically explain. How do you prove that which can't be logically explained.

I'm not sure religious people are still going about seeking to give evidence to atheists and agnostic.

Spiritual journey is longer and far more adventurous than that. If you're in it, you're in it. If you're not in it, keep exploring agnosticism.

Perhaps those new to their spiritual walks can try convincing you but a lot of spiritual folks simply don't care anymore. They can "pray" for you in their corners though.
Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by PoliteActivist: 11:07pm On Dec 18, 2022
LordReed:

LMFAO! Did you look at the name on the screenshots you posted? Does LordReed and hopefulLandlord look like the same to you?

None of the scenarios you posit make any sense to me. I have a wife, I didn't just wake up one day and find her in my bed, there was a deliberate effort to get her there. And no I am not attracted to older people because I'm growing older. If that is what is happening to you no need to generalise it.

Now I strongly suspect you are the Matrix fellow, this is exactly how he used to behave. Using wonky things as examples and attempting all manner of obfuscation.

What's with you and all this Matrix stuff??!!
Just because you are are same guy as in my screenshot! Either you are same guy or you are twins!
I didn't even look at the moniker.

You don't find it suspicious that you need a woman and women just magucally exist that exactly satisfy that need??!!
You are being economical with the truth about being attracted to 50 year-olds when you were 15. As you get older something adjusts your eyes and taste and you find them sexy and attractive!
Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by LordReed(m): 11:09pm On Dec 18, 2022
PoliteActivist:

What's with you and all this Matrix stuff??!!
Just because you are are same guy as in my screenshot! Either you are same guy or you are twins!
I didn't even look at the moniker.

You don't find it suspicious that you need a woman and a women maguvmcally exist.
You are being economical with the truth about being attracted to 50 year-olds when you were 15. As you get older something adjusts your eyes and taste and you find them s3xu and attractive!

FreeIgboho I thought you would have changed tactics by now, your nonsense doesn't work you hear. LMFAO!

1 Like

Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by FreeIgboho: 11:39pm On Dec 18, 2022
LordReed:

FreeIgboho I thought you would have changed tactics by now, your nonsense doesn't work you hear. LMFAO!

LMFAO! indeed!
Failed Detective!!!
Please don’t bring me into nonsense

1 Like

Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by LordReed(m): 12:04am On Dec 19, 2022
FreeIgboho:

LMFAO! indeed!
Failed Detective!!!
Please don’t bring me into nonsense

LoLz! No dey whine me jor. Bwahahahahaha!
Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by FreeIgboho: 12:20am On Dec 19, 2022
LordReed:

LoLz! No dey whine me jor. Bwahahahahaha!

1 Like

Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by LordReed(m): 12:48am On Dec 19, 2022
FreeIgboho:

Have you totally lost your mind? Told you to leave me out of the nonsense! undecided
Politeactivist

Keep playing the fool. LMFAO!

1 Like

Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by PoliteActivist: 12:52am On Dec 19, 2022
FreeIgboho:

Have you totally lost your mind? Told you to leave me out of the nonsense! undecided
Politeactivist

I want to give you a MILLION LIKES!!!!!!
My man now has egg all over his face! grin grin
It is embarrassing watching an older guy make a fool of himself!!! cheesy grin
And I had some respect for the guy cheesy

1 Like

Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by FreeIgboho: 12:56am On Dec 19, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Maybe atheism has cost him a bit of his mind undecided

1 Like

Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by PoliteActivist: 12:59am On Dec 19, 2022
FreeIgboho:

I'm just so happy you're still around or he'll have confused some people!
Really embarrassing! cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by LordReed(m): 1:03am On Dec 19, 2022
PoliteActivist:

FreeIgboho:

PoliteActivist:

I'm just so happy you're still around or he'll have confused some people!
Really embarrassing! cheesy grin

Keep having a conversation with yourself, it's quite entertaining. LMFAO!

1 Like

Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by FreeIgboho: 1:23am On Dec 19, 2022
LordReed:

My friend can you get of my mentions??!

1 Like

Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by LordReed(m): 1:24am On Dec 19, 2022
FreeIgboho:

My friend can you get of my mention?! I’m sure we are not even in the same country! Not everybody has 40 monikers like you. Quietly collect your L and go home. You are too old for this! undecided
My last reply to you

Keep deceiving yourself. LoLz.

1 Like

Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by PoliteActivist: 1:44am On Dec 19, 2022
LordReed:

grin Quite embarrassing, watching an intelligent guy make a fool of himself!
Perfectly illustrates my thesis - things are not always what they seem. I may not even be in the same continent with the guy!
Well, YOU'VE LEARNT YOUR LESSON. Next time you'll be more circumspect!
Bye bye!
Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by LordReed(m): 1:50am On Dec 19, 2022
PoliteActivist:

grin Quite embarrassing, watching an intelligent guy make a fool of himself!
Perfectly illustrates my thesis - things are not always what they seem. I may not even be in the same continent with the guy!
Well, YOU'VE LEARNT YOUR LESSON. Next time you'll be more circumspect!
Bye bye!

Your bullshit is paper thin. You couldn't even help yourself you copied elements of the FreeIgboho last post. LoLz.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It Possible To Be 100% 'sinless'? / Was Jesus A White Or A Black Man. / The Gender Of God And Lucifer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.