Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,432 members, 7,830,173 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean (1563 Views)

I Am An Atheist Ask (don't) Me Any Anything Part 3 / Man Writes Church To Ask For Refund Of Offerings He Gave From 1998 To 2017 (Pix) / My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by jaephoenix(m): 7:26pm On Dec 18, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Irrelevant. You just have to accept that the soup did not cook itself!
That's not enough, we need to take it to the logical end

1 Like

Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by PoliteActivist: 7:27pm On Dec 18, 2022
jaephoenix:

Lets just assume its your favourite cook. How do we know its him/her/they/it that cooked it, and what was the ingredients

Doesn't matter. As long as you accept that (in our reality as we perceive it) a pot of soup cannot cook itself
Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by PoliteActivist: 7:31pm On Dec 18, 2022
Maynman:

Whether you say “Was the universe always here or did it pop out of nowhere?” or “Was your favorite God always here or did it pop out of nowhere?”, it’s the same question.

In our reality as we experience it, things don't pop out of no where. Things may always exist but they don't arrange themselves such that a delicious pot of soup cooks itself by by chance
Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by Maynman: 7:33pm On Dec 18, 2022
PoliteActivist:

In our reality as we experience it, things don't pop out of no where. Things may always exist but they don't arrange themselves such that a delicious pot of soup cooks itself by by chance
Which other reality have you experienced?

“Things may always exist” Are you now saying that a soup can cook itself?
Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by PoliteActivist: 7:34pm On Dec 18, 2022
Maynman:

Stop being a fool.
If you don’t know something true nature, how did you know it exist?
You must have experienced the “true nature” to be able to differentiate it from false.

Do you know if flying tortoise exist?

Ok, so it is confirmed you are slow. So let me get down to elementary: we know dark matter/energy exists but we don't know it's true nature
Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by PoliteActivist: 7:36pm On Dec 18, 2022
jaephoenix:

That's not enough, we need to take it to the logical end

No need to. Once you accept there must be something/someone behind it all, we are good
Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by Maynman: 7:38pm On Dec 18, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Ok, so it is confirmed you are slow. So let me get down to elementary: we know dark matter/energy exists but we don't know it's true nature

You are the retar.ded one
We know dark matter exist and we have fact to prove it.
Can you prove reality exist, have you experienced it to know?

In your first statement you said “ everything in our reality is an assumption” so prove the reality that’s not an assumption.
Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by PoliteActivist: 7:41pm On Dec 18, 2022
Maynman:

Which other reality have you experienced?

“Things may always exist”Are you now saying that a soup can cook itself?

I think this topic is a bit a above your pay grade. With all due respect you sound dumb.
There may be another reality where a pot if soup can cook itself.
In our reality we can imagine things always existing but we can't imagine a delicious pot of soup cooking itself!
Ciao
Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by Maynman: 7:43pm On Dec 18, 2022
PoliteActivist:

I think this topic is a bit a above your pay grade. With all due respect you sound dumb.
There may be another reality where a pot if soup can cook itself.
In our reality we can imagine things always existing but we can't imagine a delicious pot of soup cooking itself!
Ciao

You are the dummy that doesn’t know what he is saying again bwahahahah
With all due respect you are a dullard.

Which other reality? Do you have fact or just assumptions?

In our reality, which things do we imagine are always existing?
If we can imagine a thing existing, why can’t we imagine it in its beautiful state?
If we can imagine a soup existing by itself, why can’t we imagine it as a beautiful soup?
What’s stopping us from continuing IMAGINING?
Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by PoliteActivist: 7:45pm On Dec 18, 2022
Maynman:

You are the retar.ded one

In your first statement you said “ everything in our reality is an assumption” so prove the reality that’s not an assumption.

Go to Descartes. The fact that there is thinking (which fact is not in any way debatable) proves that something exists.
I think this discussion is a bit above your level. Leave it alone
Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by jaephoenix(m): 7:46pm On Dec 18, 2022
PoliteActivist:

No need to. Once you accept there must be something/someone behind it all, we are good
Ok, I accept there’s someone behind it. Question is, who created the someone?

1 Like

Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by Maynman: 7:47pm On Dec 18, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Go to Descartes. The fact that there is thinking (which fact is not in any way debatable) proves that something exists.
I think this discussion is a bit above your level. Leave it alone

You sounding more ignorant.

Answer na
Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by PoliteActivist: 7:51pm On Dec 18, 2022
Maynman:

You are the dummy that doesn’t know what he is saying again bwahahahah
With all due respect you are a dullard.

Which other reality? Do you have fact or just assumptions?

In our reality, which things do we imagine are always existing?
If we can imagine a thing existing, why can’t we imagine it in its beautiful state?
If we can imagine a soup existing by itself, why can’t we imagine it as a beautiful soup?
What’s stopping us from continuing IMAGINING?

Stop making a a fool of yourself.
In our reality we can imagine simple, unarraged systems always exiting. But in our reality delicately arranged systems like a delicious pot of soup ALWAYS have a designer behind them.
Now go rest
Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by Maynman: 7:54pm On Dec 18, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Stop making a a fool of yourself.
In our reality we can imagine simple, unarraged systems always exiting. But in our reality delicately arranged systems like a delicious pot of soup ALWAYS have a designer behind them.
Now go rest

Stop being an illiterate.

Have you experienced other reality to differentiate ours from them?

can you name the simple systems existing, and what are the complex system that needs a designer?

If you are using a delicious pot of soup as an example, an infantile example, then you also have to use the SAME example for things that have always existed.

Are you now saying a pot of sour soup can be existing?
And what’s stopping us from IMAGINING delicious pot of soup can also be existing?
Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by PoliteActivist: 7:55pm On Dec 18, 2022
Maynman:

You sounding more ignorant.

Answer na

Can a person possibly be this dense?!
My thinking is reality AND THERE IS NO DOUBT IT EXISTS!
Leave this topic alone. It is above you
Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by Maynman: 7:57pm On Dec 18, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Can a person possibly be this dense?!
My thinking is reality AND THERE IS NO DOUBT IT EXISTS!
Leave this topic alone. It is above you

Can a person be this brainless?
Earlier you said “EVERYTHING in our reality is an assumption - we have NO WAY of proving that reality exist as we experience it”

How then do you know your thinking is a reality or are you assuming?

You are yet to make any intelligent point, I’ll expose your ignorance.
Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by PoliteActivist: 8:00pm On Dec 18, 2022
Maynman:

Stop being an illiterate.

Have you experienced other reality to differentiate ours from them?

can you name the simple systems existing, and what are the complex system that needs a designer?

If you are using a delicious pot of soup as an example, an infantile example, then you also have to use the SAME example for things that have always existed.

Are you now saying a pot of sour soup can be existing?
And what’s stopping us from IMAGINING delicious pot of soup can also be existing?

I give up!

Pepper can always exists, tomatoes and onions too. But for them to arrange themselves perfectly in a pot and heat themselves to make a delicious soup, does not happen without a designer in this our reality!!!!
Bye bye
Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by Maynman: 8:02pm On Dec 18, 2022
PoliteActivist:

I give up!

Pepper can always exists, tomatoes and onions too. But for them to arrange themselves perfectly in a pot and heat themselves to make a delicious soup, dies not happen without a designer in this our reality!!!!
Bye bye

Thats Stupid.
If pepper, tomatoes, onions can MAGICALLY exist, what then is stopping them from MAGICALLY arranging themselves in a pot to make a delicious soup?
What’s stopping the process?

PoliteActivist, Where in our reality is pepper, tomatoes and onions existing on their own?
Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by PoliteActivist: 8:07pm On Dec 18, 2022
Maynman:

Can a person be this brainless?
Earlier you said “EVERYTHING in our reality is an assumption - we have NO WAY of proving that reality exist as we experience it”

How then do you know your thinking is a reality or are you assuming?

You are yet to make any intelligent point, I’ll expose your ignorance.

I am finally giving up.
You are saying what you don't know and won't accept you don't know!
THE ASSUMPTION PERTAINS TO HOW WE PERCRIVE RELITY. THAT WE PERCEIVE REALITY IS NOT AN ASSUMPTION!!!!!
Stop being intentionally infantile!
Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by Maynman: 8:11pm On Dec 18, 2022
PoliteActivist:

I am finally giving up.
TGE ASSUMPTION PERTAINS TO HOW WE PERCRIVE RELITY. THAT WE PERCEIVE REALITY IS NOT AN ASSUMPTION!!!!!

You are saying jargons that you’ve been feeding yourself and your fellow theist.

It’s no longer “EVERYTHING in our reality is an assumption - we have NO WAY of proving that reality exist as we experience it”

Are you daft, you said everything in our reality is assumption, how then do you know for sure their is reality, how do you know you are perceiving reality since it’s assumption?
Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by PoliteActivist: 8:16pm On Dec 18, 2022
Maynman:

Thats Stupid.
If pepper, tomatoes, onions can MAGICALLY exist, what then is stopping them from MAGICALLY arranging themselves in a pot to make a delicious soup?
What’s stopping the process?

PoliteActivist, Where in our reality is pepper, tomatoes and onions existing on their own?

My G, you really need to study philosophy a bit b4 engaging in this type of discussion.
ON OUR REALITY, things perfectly arranged to satisfy an appetite don't exist by coincidence, or don't always exist. Something ALWAYS arranges it!
Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by Maynman: 8:17pm On Dec 18, 2022
PoliteActivist:

I am finally giving up.
THE ASSUMPTION PERTAINS TO HOW WE PERCRIVE RELITY. THAT WE PERCEIVE REALITY IS NOT AN ASSUMPTION!!!!!

Are you dull?
If everything in reality is an assumption, how then did you perceive the reality in the first place?
Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by Maynman: 8:19pm On Dec 18, 2022
PoliteActivist:

My G, you really need to study philosophy a bit b4 engaging in this type of discussion.
ON OUR REALITY, things perfectly arranged to satisfy an appetite don't exist by coincidence, or don't always exist. Something ALWAYS arranges it!

Bro, You need to study and understand the little philosophy you read!

ON OUR REALITY, where does things appear by itself(Pepper can always exists, tomatoes and onions too.)?
And our did we know those things are perfect? What do you think is perfect IN OUR REALITY with no blemish?
Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by PoliteActivist: 8:19pm On Dec 18, 2022
Maynman:

You are saying jargons that you’ve been feeding yourself and your fellow theist.

It’s no longer “EVERYTHING in our reality is an assumption - we have NO WAY of proving that reality exist as we experience it”

Are you daft, you said everything in our reality is assumption, how then do you know for sure their is reality, how do you know you are perceiving reality since it’s assumption?

Let me try to be patient.
The fact that we are perceiving reality is in itself reality.
There is no doubt that exists. Stop pretending you're am infant
Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by Maynman: 8:21pm On Dec 18, 2022
PoliteActivist:

But you yourself said EVERYTHING in reality is an assumption, how then do you know you are perceiving it and not another thing?
Can you prove that it exists since you said ”we have NO WAY of proving that reality exist as we experience it”

Stop pretending you are a dummy.

1 Like

Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by LordReed(m): 8:27pm On Dec 18, 2022
PoliteActivist:

What is "real"? Stop playing with words. What I clearly said is that we have no way of knowing the true nature of reality

You are the one playing games. You declare there's no way to know what is real and still want to say you know there's a designer. You are simply trying to pull the wool over your own eyes.

1 Like

Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by LordReed(m): 8:31pm On Dec 18, 2022
PoliteActivist:

I am suspecting you are that fellow who came around here before saying the movie Matrix was some kind of "true allegory" or whatever. We can see through your bullshit.
Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by PoliteActivist: 8:32pm On Dec 18, 2022
Maynman:

Are you dull?
If everything in reality is an assumption, how then did you perceive the reality in the first place?

We have no way of knowing the true nature of reality. We have to make assumptions about it's TRUE NATURE!!!

Read that over and over again
Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by Maynman: 8:36pm On Dec 18, 2022
PoliteActivist:

We have no way of knowing the true nature of reality. We have to make assumptions about it's TRUE NATURE!!!

Read that over and over again

How did you arrive that reality has a true nature and we are currently not living in the true nature?

Even though we don’t know the “true nature” of dark matter, we understand what dark matters mean and with that we’ll know the true nature of dark matters as times goes on.

Is there a way we can understand this reality to differentiate it from true nature with facts and evidence?
Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by PoliteActivist: 8:42pm On Dec 18, 2022
LordReed:

You are the one playing games. You declare there's no way to know what is real and still want to say you know there's a designer. You are simply trying to pull the wool over your own eyes.

You are better than this na.
We have to first of all ASSUME that reality is as we perceive it. Once we are done with that,
CIRCUMSTANTIAL EVIDENCE suggests a designer.
Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by PoliteActivist: 8:45pm On Dec 18, 2022
Maynman:

How did you arrive that reality has a true nature and we are currently not living in the true nature?

Even though we don’t know the “true nature” of dark matter, we understand what dark matters mean and with that we’ll know the true nature of dark matters as times goes on.

Is there a way we can understand this reality to differentiate it from true nature with facts and evidence?

That's the point. What we are experiencing may very well be the true nature of things. But we have no way of being sure. So we have to acknowledge that we are ASSUMING that reality is as we perceive it
Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by PoliteActivist: 8:47pm On Dec 18, 2022
LordReed:

I am suspecting you are that fellow who came around here before saying the movie Matrix was some kind of "true allegory" or whatever. We can see through your bullshit.
What has Matrix to do with this? Matrix is a movie

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Making Up Your Cv / Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell Fire? / News Articles Which Corroborate End Time Prophetic Scriptures - Post Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.