Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,471 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean (1548 Views)

I Am An Atheist Ask (don't) Me Any Anything Part 3 / Man Writes Church To Ask For Refund Of Offerings He Gave From 1998 To 2017 (Pix) / My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by Workch: 8:02am On Dec 19, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Testimonies are what is called "Oral Evidence" subject to many tests before they can be taken as True and Proof of Truth!
testimonies are claims. Especially church testimonies
Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by Workch: 8:17am On Dec 19, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Testimonies are what is called "Oral Evidence" subject to many tests before they can be taken as True and Proof of Truth!
Testimonies, especially those in churches are still claims that need to be verified.

Because you said it doesn't mean it's true

1 Like

Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by Workch: 8:18am On Dec 19, 2022
traihit:

Why call it "miracle" if you can put it under experiment?

By its very nature, miracle means something you can't logically explain. How do you prove that which can't be logically explained.

I'm not sure religious people are still going about seeking to give evidence to atheists and agnostic.

Spiritual journey is longer and far more adventurous than that. If you're in it, you're in it. If you're not in it, keep exploring agnosticism.

Perhaps those new to their spiritual walks can try convincing you but a lot of spiritual folks simply don't care anymore. They can "pray" for you in their corners though.
This is why miracles are not real.
Anything that cannot be tested is not real yet, just like Unicorns

2 Likes

Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by LordReed(m): 9:19am On Dec 19, 2022
PoliteActivist:

grin Quite embarrassing, watching an intelligent guy make a fool of himself!
Perfectly illustrates my thesis - things are not always what they seem. I may not even be in the same continent with the guy!
Well, YOU'VE LEARNT YOUR LESSON. Next time you'll be more circumspect!
Bye bye!

LMFAO!

PoliteActivist:

I'm amused people don't know they have signature ways of writing. It is like trying to disguise your voice grin
Re: When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean by Dtruthspeaker: 2:20pm On Dec 19, 2022
Workch:
Testimonies, especially those in churches are still claims that need to be verified.

Because you said it doesn't mean it's true

I confirmed you are right I just only pointed out that testimony means oral evidence.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is The Meaning Of Bible Believing Churches And Who Are They And Not? / How To Be A Catholic Monk? / I Need Advice From Pastor Chris

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.