Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) - Food (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) (31491 Views)

Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) / Party Guests Served Food From A Hot Stove In Nigeria (Video) / Nigerian Food Combinations That You Haven't Tried (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by BigDick70inch(m): 10:01am On Dec 21, 2022
Xcelinteriors:

Yes please but what I have is linoleum carpet. Very durable. Location is idi mangoro in agege

U getting confused.....
Do u still sell dat carpet tiles
Yes or no......
Which is linoleum again??
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Bukky001(m): 8:30pm On Dec 21, 2022
Dybala11:

Probably. I remembered been told by a fellow corp member that a lady ex-corp member still stays at Udi. I was the landlord at the corper's lodge that time, although I'm not really that outgoing so it might be a little difficult to have had a chat with me.
How's Udi anyway?? And how are you doing ma'am??

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by armyofone(m): 2:00am On Dec 22, 2022
Shokoloko:
I love Edo people.............
Nothing beats black soup.
I almost forgot to return home after NYSC because they were so welcoming

Very lovely thread - mariahangel

I think the Esan tribe people make the best. You taste their bitter leaf soup ahn, you won't eat the other nig tribe ofe onugbu soup.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Probz(m): 2:17am On Dec 22, 2022
Okay, I’m going to slip in here in the day and (as well as replying one or two people properly, like I said I would) ask about what special dishes from Esan, Ika, Urhobo, Hausa and the Osun-Ondo-Ekiti part of Yorubaland that I might not have tried yet (I’ll add them to my bucket-list). I know we throw shade and we might not be totally lying or even exaggerating when it comes to pointing out others’ comparative flaws but we love each other really (and ’tis the season of love, not just bucket-loads of chin-chin and torotoro).

Has anyone on this thread tried isapa soup?
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Dybala11(m): 12:17pm On Dec 22, 2022
Bukky001:

I'm a guy. I'm doing fine and Udi is fine.
****. That's my whatsapp line
Hi, please delete your WhatsApp number from the reply. I've added you on WhatsApp. I've lost the login details of the email I used to open this moniker.
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Bukky001(m): 8:58am On Dec 23, 2022
Dybala11:

Hi, please delete your WhatsApp number from the reply. I've added you on WhatsApp. I've lost the login details of the email I used to open this moniker.

No wahala. Thank you
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Shokoloko(f): 5:42am On Dec 24, 2022
Probz:
Okay, I’m going to slip in here in the day and (as well as replying one or two people properly, like I said I would) ask about what special dishes from Esan, Ika, Urhobo, Hausa and the Osun-Ondo-Ekiti part of Yorubaland that I might not have tried yet (I’ll add them to my bucket-list). I know we throw shade and we might not be totally lying or even exaggerating when it comes to pointing out others’ comparative flaws but we love each other really (and ’tis the season of love, not just bucket-loads of chin-chin and torotoro).

Has anyone on this thread tried isapa soup?
I tried to look for this online as I have never heard of it before, but I saw just two videos that were not very clear. What tribe cooks that?
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Probz(m): 5:41pm On Dec 24, 2022
Shokoloko:

I tried to look for this online as I have never heard of it before, but I saw just two videos that were not very clear. What tribe cooks that?

Ekiti does isapa. It’s essentially zobo-leaf egusi.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by mariahAngel(f): 5:46pm On Dec 24, 2022
Probz:

Ekiti does isapa. It’s essentially zobo-leaf egusi.

I remember seeing that soup.
It did not look appealing.
Looked like a bunch of cockroaches died in a soup pot. undecided
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Konquest: 9:01am On Dec 25, 2022
UnknownT:
AFANG SOUP though my people call it Ukazi soup
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by nedekid: 12:21pm On Dec 27, 2022
Bahamas95:
Fresh catfish banger soup and starch.....The soup should be served with that traditional clay plate (ēwērè)

When you eat that food even if you nor be witch you go confess.
Where can someone get this in Lagos?
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by nedekid: 12:23pm On Dec 27, 2022
FashionCookie:
Banga soup with eba.
Amala with okra and stew or ewedu.
Where can someone get banga in Lagos pls
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by nedekid: 12:25pm On Dec 27, 2022
Melonsmasher:

Ekpang nkukwo
Can you recommed a correct joint one can get this?

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by FashionCookie(f): 1:38pm On Dec 27, 2022
nedekid:

Where can someone get banga in Lagos pls
Don't really know...Don't stay in Lagos.
Can't you prepare it yourself?
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Melonsmasher: 3:31pm On Dec 27, 2022
nedekid:

Can you recommed a correct joint one can get this?
They are plenty if you are in Akwa Ibom

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by nedekid: 3:53pm On Dec 27, 2022
FashionCookie:

Don't really know...Don't stay in Lagos.
Can't you prepare it yourself?
Naa, would like to taste one in the proper traditional setting, clay pot or hot plate etc. With that starch.
grin
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by FashionCookie(f): 4:10pm On Dec 27, 2022
nedekid:

Naa, would like to taste one in the proper traditional setting, clay pot or hot plate etc. With that starch.
grin
Lol...can imagine.
Make sense

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Bahamas95(m): 4:14pm On Dec 27, 2022
nedekid:

Where can someone get this in Lagos?
I don't live in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by mariahAngel(f): 6:49pm On Dec 27, 2022
Mr Brain @brain54, I want to thank you for standing for me and defending me often, even when I'm not aware.
I understand that it is not easy for a man to do that for a female on this forum, without being called derogatory names, and I really appreciate you for that.
Thank you once again. smiley
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by brain54(m): 8:27pm On Dec 27, 2022
mariahAngel:
Mr Brain @brain54, I want to thank you for standing for me and defending me often, even when I'm not aware.
I understand that it is not easy for a man to do that for a female on this forum, without being called derogatory names, and I really appreciate you for that.
Thank you once again. smiley
smiley

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by eragbai17(m): 5:45pm On May 03, 2023

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Nigerian Yam Porridge Without Palm Oil: How Make Yam Porridge In Tomato Sauce / How To Prepare KFC Fried Chicken (yes You Can Do It All By Yourself) / The Best Edikaikong Soup Recipe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.