Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) - Food (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) (31492 Views)

Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) / Party Guests Served Food From A Hot Stove In Nigeria (Video) / Nigerian Food Combinations That You Haven't Tried (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Drrnie(m): 6:56am On Dec 20, 2022
blingxx:

With very chilled Pepsi to balance the equation grin
Boss you sabi better thing jhare
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by sageb: 7:22am On Dec 20, 2022
Shokoloko:
I love Edo people............. Nothing beats black soup. I almost forgot to return home after NYSC because they were so welcoming
Very lovely thread - mariahangel
This meal looks like Efo riro Eateries in YKC junction and Woji axis don't sell it. Efo riro is delicious.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by lionphil(m): 7:25am On Dec 20, 2022
UnknownT:
AFANG SOUP though my people call it Ukazi soup

Afang isn't ukazi please... afang is a mixture of two leaves of which ukazi is one.
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by sageb: 7:31am On Dec 20, 2022
odinga1of:

Bros for this our Urhobo life? BANGA SOUP fans plenty pass Owho Soup!

BANGA SOUP and Starch for Life!

Banga rice is the most popular breakfast meal back then in Delta (Ughelli and it's environs).
so delicious

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by fecoleef123(m): 7:48am On Dec 20, 2022
Am from anambra but I love amala

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by destiny4luv(m): 9:05am On Dec 20, 2022
Bahamas95:
Fresh catfish banger soup and starch.....The soup should be served with that traditional clay plate (ēwērè)

When you eat that food even if you nor be witch you go confess.

Oh my Lord, the best soup in the whole world.

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by gloryhomemaker(f): 9:08am On Dec 20, 2022
Crumbian:

Ego riro ke?

It's typo error nah.
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Crumbian: 9:38am On Dec 20, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

It's typo error nah.

I know grin grin
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by NohurryInLife: 9:46am On Dec 20, 2022
WIZGUY69:
White soup
With different kinds of passengers inside oooo kiss
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by lolu2019: 10:17am On Dec 20, 2022
Atama soup.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Sukkyy2010: 10:33am On Dec 20, 2022
07kjb:

Ofe-owerri no be poor man soup o

It is cooked ones in a while
Ok my moniker reflect sey I be poor person ?
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by achimendy(m): 10:46am On Dec 20, 2022
mariahAngel:
Food is a major unifier.
Nothing brings people together better than food.
The aim of this thread is to encourage unity in our diversity, especially on this forum where there's tribalism and hate.

So, without further ado, what Nigerian food from another tribe do you enjoy very much?
You don't have to state your tribe, but the food must be from a different tribe (apart from yours)

For me, I really like ojojo, dodo ikire, kilishi. ( These are the ones I can think of for now)

Oha soup, ofe nsala, abacha and onugbu soup.

I love this igbo native food .

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by CLRF: 10:50am On Dec 20, 2022
I love
Akpu made from Cassava
Okpa made from Agbado

Igbo with Cassava and Agbado will not divorce each other

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by mariahAngel(f): 11:14am On Dec 20, 2022
Shokoloko:
I love Edo people.............
Nothing beats black soup.
I almost forgot to return home after NYSC because they were so welcoming

Thank you Shokoloko.
I couldn't help that. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by mariahAngel(f): 11:16am On Dec 20, 2022
blank:

It's not. It's a grain, white in color. You can cook it and use it as a cereal, or like rice with stew. When it's cooked, it looks like congealed groundnut oil. I used to have it every morning when I lived in Abuja.

You mean Acha?

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by DaveHarry(m): 11:18am On Dec 20, 2022
Bahamas95:
Fresh catfish banger soup and starch.....The soup should be served with that traditional clay plate (ēwērè)

When you eat that food even if you nor be witch you go confess.
No be lie! I remember wen I eat dis food as I visit my parents last month. Obobs e just be like make i no go my own abode again. B4 I bring out all d money wey dey my pocket, give am to my lovely mama, I no know. I was later asking Dem for transport money.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by phemmyfour: 1:32pm On Dec 20, 2022
placeofallure:
I love kilishi. I'm also a die hard Ewa Aganyin fan. Then I take lot of tea too. My parents are tea people.

I don't like any Ibo soup or meal. I'm not a foodie so I don't like to experiment in case the taste turns out badly, I won't forgive myself. So I've never tasted any Igbo soup.

As a Yoruba girl, my best soup is Ila Alasepo, try it with sea foods and ponmo. I like it with Eko Elewe or with Amala.
Ẹwà aganyi is from Togo

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by mariahAngel(f): 1:34pm On Dec 20, 2022
DaveHarry:

No be lie! I remember wen I eat dis food as I visit my parents last month. Obobs e just be like make i no go my own abode again. B4 I bring out all d money wey dey my pocket, give am to my lovely mama, I no know. I was later asking Dem for transport money.

Hahahahahahahahahaha grin

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by blank(f): 3:21pm On Dec 20, 2022
mariahAngel:

You mean Acha?

Yes!!!!!

This was my favourite breakfast. No matter what I ate in the morning, I would always have a small bowl of acha. Since I left Abuja, I've not had it.

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Antivirus92(m): 4:33pm On Dec 20, 2022
placeofallure:
I love kilishi. I'm also a die hard Ewa Aganyin fan. Then I take lot of tea too. My parents are tea people.

I don't like any Ibo soup or meal. I'm not a foodie so I don't like to experiment in case the taste turns out badly, I won't forgive myself. So I've never tasted any Igbo soup.

As a Yoruba girl, my best soup is Ila Alasepo, try it with sea foods and ponmo. I like it with Eko Elewe or with Amala.
the topic says the food from another tribe you like to enjoy..... nobody asked you about how you hate Igbo dishes. Nobody cares to know...
I don't know, to you Yorubas, everything is about tribalism and competition with Igbos.

3 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Eddysilver(m): 4:48pm On Dec 20, 2022
Egusi soup and pounded yam Starch and black soup

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by mariahAngel(f): 4:55pm On Dec 20, 2022
blank:

Yes!!!!!

This was my favourite breakfast. No matter what I ate in the morning, I would always have a small bowl of acha. Since I left Abuja, I've not had it.

It's SUPER NUTRITIOUS, and great for diabetic patients.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by placeofallure(f): 8:10pm On Dec 20, 2022
Antivirus92:
the topic says the food from another tribe you like to enjoy..... nobody asked you about how you hate Igbo dishes. Nobody cares to know...
I don't know, to you Yorubas, everything is about tribalism and competition with Igbos.

You are the one whose heart is filled with hatred and venom. You passed through school but sadly, school never passed through you. I'm a language student so I'm extremely careful about my choice of words, I can't be misquoted. There's no ambiguity or vagueness in what I posted. I implore you to read again. I never said I hated Ibo meals. The fact that I've never eaten them doesn't mean I hate them. I'm not a food person so I can't be tempted to explore with meals I'm not used to, no matter how tempting or breathtaking it looks, I'M NOT REALLY INTO FOODS! IT'S NOT HATRED!
I don't eat chicken, I don't eat offals, I don't eat snails; are these also Ibo meals?

You have a small mind, you are a bigot, hence the quick conclusion that it has to be hatred. I don't owe you any explanation I'm just trying to be civil. Onisoro ni e!
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Antivirus92(m): 8:33pm On Dec 20, 2022
placeofallure:

You are the one whose heart is filled with hatred and venom. You passed through school but sadly, school never passed through you. I'm a language student so I'm extremely careful about my choice of words, I can't be misquoted. There's no ambiguity or vagueness in what I posted. I implore you to read again. I never said I hated Ibo meals. The fact that I've never eaten them doesn't mean I hate them. I'm not a food person so I can't be tempted to explore with meals I'm not used to, no matter how tempting or breathtaking it looks, I'M NOT REALLY INTO FOODS! IT'S NOT HATRED!
I don't eat chicken, I don't eat offals, I don't eat snails; are these also Ibo meals?

You have a small mind, you are a bigot, hence the quick conclusion that it has to be hatred. I don't owe you any explanation I'm just trying to be civil. Onisoro ni e!
a long meaningless epistle again.....
The topic said "Nigerian food from another tribe u enjoy eating"
There over 200 ethnic groups in Nigeria, the topic is not Igbo vs Yoruba cuisine, it says Nigerian food....
But out of the over 200 ethnic groups, u managed to devote some minutes to Igbo foods only to type rubbish about it...
Just name the food from another ethnic group u like and move..... nobody asked you to talk about the one you don't like or hate....
Typical of your people!

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Bukky001(m): 9:04pm On Dec 20, 2022
Dybala11:

Yep, I served in Udi. 2020 batch A. Wait, wow. You're still in Udi?? That's good. grin
I was initially thrown to Akpakwume village, I was later able to change my PPA to C.S.S Udi/Abia.

Wow. I might have seen you before. I'm batch 18C.
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Dybala11(m): 9:11pm On Dec 20, 2022
Bukky001:

Wow. I might have seen you before. I'm batch 18C.
Probably. I remembered been told by a fellow corp member that a lady ex-corp member still stays at Udi. I was the landlord at the corper's lodge that time, although I'm not really that outgoing so it might be a little difficult to have had a chat with me.
How's Udi anyway?? And how are you doing ma'am??
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Kwinesther: 9:19pm On Dec 20, 2022
shantti:

ok, u r right if you meant the uncooked vegetable. i was referring to the cooked soup made from those vegetables.
Am sorry on how i sounded
It's Okay. I'm not offended in anyway.
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by placeofallure(f): 10:07pm On Dec 20, 2022
Antivirus92:
a long meaningless epistle again.....
The topic said "Nigerian food from another tribe u enjoy eating"
There over 200 ethnic groups in Nigeria, the topic is not Igbo vs Yoruba cuisine, it says Nigerian food....
But out of the over 200 ethnic groups, u managed to devote some minutes to Igbo foods only to type rubbish about it...
Just name the food from another ethnic group u like and move..... nobody asked you to talk about the one you don't like or hate....
Typical of your people!

You're mad and your madness is devoid of any known cure. I mentioned kilishi, is it Ibo food? I also mentioned Ewa Aganyin, is it Ibo food? Alayebaje!

You and your kinsmen, your insecurity is just abysmal! Always use your drugs before you leave the house, ok?
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Probz(m): 11:05pm On Dec 20, 2022
Shokoloko:
I love Edo people.............
Nothing beats black soup.
I almost forgot to return home after NYSC because they were so welcoming

Aww. I do like Edo people myself.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by BigDick70inch(m): 1:48am On Dec 21, 2022
Xcelinteriors:
Amalà gbegiri and ewedu with ogunfe

Do u still sell carpet tiles??if yes gimme price n location??
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Antivirus92(m): 3:32am On Dec 21, 2022
placeofallure:

You're mad and your madness is devoid of any known cure. I mentioned kilishi, is it Ibo food? I also mentioned Ewa Aganyin, is it Ibo food? Alayebaje!

You and your kinsmen, your insecurity is just abysmal! Always use your drugs before you leave the house, ok?
what else do you know how to do apart from cursing and insult?
You mentioned kilishi and ewa in good light or in bad light?....
Is it the same when you talked about Igbo foods?
I am not surprised, it's part of your culture....
Keep it up!
Keep hating,,,,, it's good for your health
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Xcelinteriors(f): 8:21am On Dec 21, 2022
BigDick70inch:

Do u still sell carpet tiles??if yes gimme price n location??
Yes please but what I have is linoleum carpet. Very durable. Location is idi mangoro in agege

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Nigerian Yam Porridge Without Palm Oil: How Make Yam Porridge In Tomato Sauce / How To Prepare KFC Fried Chicken (yes You Can Do It All By Yourself) / The Best Edikaikong Soup Recipe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.