Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,367 members, 7,819,319 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) - Food (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) (31481 Views)

Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) / Party Guests Served Food From A Hot Stove In Nigeria (Video) / Nigerian Food Combinations That You Haven't Tried (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by 07kjb: 8:56pm On Dec 19, 2022
repogirl:
Nkuobi

NKWOBI MY FRIEND DO U WANT TO MURDER THE WONDERFUL DELICACY

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by mariahAngel(f): 8:57pm On Dec 19, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Should have been efo-riro not ego-riro.

Looks so good.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by 07kjb: 9:01pm On Dec 19, 2022
Sukkyy2010:
I be Yoruba guy but I fit settle with my enemy because of "Ofeoweri Soup" tongue

Ofe-owerri no be poor man soup o

It is cooked ones in a while
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by cocolacec(m): 9:01pm On Dec 19, 2022
seunayantokun:

Please and please, drop the use of TRIBE for ethnicities in Nigeria. You may use it for uncivilised people groups still living in the jungle but certainly not for people's who had by all global standards constituted lovely human societies before the advent of the colonisers who fused them together. Haven't you noticed there is no tribe in the UK, France, Germany, US, UAE, Saudi Arabia, etc? Even when some peoples can be called tribes in some of those places. But people in this country are refusing to go away from being tribal. Why?
In the UK we have the Welsh,Scots,English and the Irish.

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by riverbird: 9:01pm On Dec 19, 2022
Fura da nunu and afang soup
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by odinga1of: 9:01pm On Dec 19, 2022
SocialJustice:
I'm Urhobo but I prefer owo soup to banga soup. They are very nice though.

I like amala and ogbolo soup.

Bros for this our Urhobo life? BANGA SOUP fans plenty pass Owho Soup!

BANGA SOUP and Starch for Life!

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by BRATISLAVA: 9:02pm On Dec 19, 2022
Tribalism is not just propagated by hate, but it is displayed when people speak their tribal language all over a forum full of others who do not speak it .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Tum1990: 9:04pm On Dec 19, 2022
I like afang and ewa egoyin. I can eat it only throughout the year.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Probz(m): 9:06pm On Dec 19, 2022
Dybala11:

Some of your statements are right, Amala is more commonly eaten than you've it credit for in Yoruba land though. I'm a Yoruba man anyway.
The akara I've been eating here tastes better than the ones I ate while I was in Enugu. Also, the food wey fall my hand pass na okpa o. The hype around it, before I tasted it anyway, was that it has a better taste compared to moin-moin. I believe the only Yoruba soup outsiders often have reservations against is "ewedu", cos of how slimy it looks. I should have tried more of Igbo soup while I was at Enugu though, the few ones I ate wasn't really too palatable with my taste buds. That's why I decided to stick to what I know. grin
I think the Yorubas around generally have a higher tendency of sticking to the traditional methods of cooking their meals/soups, the reason it seems like there's no varieties to the efo riro I asked you about. But you can actually garnish efo riro with other condiments and according to your tastes, whether it's turkey you want to add or beef, goat meat, chicken, fish etc. I've actually eaten efo riro with cooked with all of the above several times o. I remembered the day my friend and I, prepared efo riro at the corper's lodge at Udi. We became demigods among them that day and till the rest of our service year. grin

Some of your statements are right, Amala is more commonly eaten than you've it credit for in Yoruba land though. I'm a Yoruba man anyway.
The akara I've been eating here tastes better than the ones I ate while I was in Enugu. Also, the food wey fall my hand pass na okpa o. The hype around it, before I tasted it anyway, was that it has a better taste compared to moin-moin. I believe the only Yoruba soup outsiders often have reservations against is "ewedu", cos of how slimy it looks. I should have tried more of Igbo soup while I was at Enugu though, the few ones I ate wasn't really too palatable with my taste buds. That's why I decided to stick to what I know. grin
I think the Yorubas around generally have a higher tendency of sticking to the traditional methods of cooking their meals/soups, the reason it seems like there's no varieties to the efo riro I asked you about. But you can actually garnish efo riro with other condiments and according to your tastes, whether it's turkey you want to add or beef, goat meat, chicken, fish etc. I've actually eaten efo riro with cooked with all of the above several times o. I remembered the day my friend and I, prepared efo riro at the corper's lodge at Udi. We became demigods among them that day and till the rest of our service year. grin

Some of your statements are right, Amala is more commonly eaten than you credited in Yoruba land though. I'm a Yoruba man anyway.

This is something I’m probably going to have to take time out to reply properly so I’m not going to say too much at the moment but I actually wanted to thank you for taking the time to reply to my efo-turkey post properly. It’s always a good thing to be able to have conversations with someone on this level.

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by mariahAngel(f): 9:09pm On Dec 19, 2022
BRATISLAVA:
Tribalism is not just propagated by hate, but it is displayed when people speak their tribal language all over a forum full of others who do not speak it .

You don't say!

3 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Dybala11(m): 9:11pm On Dec 19, 2022
Probz:

This is something I’m probably going to have to take time out to reply properly so I’m not going to say too much at the moment but I actually wanted to thank you for taking the time to reply to my efo-turkey post properly. It’s always a good thing to be able to have conversations with someone on this level.
You're welcome sir. By the way, I'm looking forward to the next time I'll be able to travel to the South East, I'll definitely love to taste all the meals/soups I failed to eat. I sadly missed out on some experience cos of COVID.

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Dybala11(m): 9:13pm On Dec 19, 2022
Tum1990:
I like afang and ewa egoyin. I can eat it only throughout the year.
I gats try this afang soup o.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by seunayantokun(m): 9:14pm On Dec 19, 2022
cocolacec:

In the UK we have the Welsh,Scots,English and the Irish.
They are not tribes, they are ethnicities, people groups, or peoples. Read my what I posted again and understand me, please.
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Dybala11(m): 9:14pm On Dec 19, 2022
07kjb:

Ofe-owerri no be poor man soup o
It is cooked ones in a while
Once and not 'ones'. Do you want to murder the beautiful king's English. grin
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by seunayantokun(m): 9:15pm On Dec 19, 2022
Grandmeister:

This guy. You have an unusual understanding of human culture. How can anyone call a group of people over 20 million a tribe?? That's very demeaning! The westerners have been doing this for sometime now.

Thanks and God bless you more.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by CaseSensitive(m): 9:17pm On Dec 19, 2022
Oha soup for me. Only ever had it first time this year, and I will have it again and again. I will like to try Edikaikong and ukazi soup

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by airsaylongcome: 9:17pm On Dec 19, 2022
odinga1of:

Why una dey spell am as Owho? Everyone that has mentioned that soup has spelt it as Owho. It's Ogwoevwri shortened to Ogwo.

And Ogwo nobi Banga mate at all. Ogwo senior banga by far.
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Bintdawood(f): 9:21pm On Dec 19, 2022
Hamzashaf99:

I think it's the way it was made. It didn't help that I was recovering from sickness then

Okay now I get it

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Bintdawood(f): 9:21pm On Dec 19, 2022
mariahAngel:

OK. Thanks. smiley

That's monosodium glutamate.

Okay i get it

3 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by kennykg(m): 9:22pm On Dec 19, 2022
Banga soup with fresh fish
Ofe n sala (white soup)
Edikaikong

Wash it down with freshly tapped palm wine.

cool

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Bintdawood(f): 9:23pm On Dec 19, 2022
wman:

Donkwa.

Groundnut that has been grinded and molded into balls. It's an hausa by-product of groundnut just like Kuli-Kuli

grin its dakuwa grin
Made with tiger nut, kuli kuli then ginger tongue

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by SocialJustice: 9:29pm On Dec 19, 2022
odinga1of:

No be lie I no argue self. Personally I just prefer ohwo. Banga dey tire me but I fit eat ohwo everyday.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Kwinesther: 9:30pm On Dec 19, 2022
shantti:
ekuru
efo riro
ewa agoyin, i can eat these food every day

but you see ewedu, i cant, i just cant. how can a soup be bright green in color, soups should be shades of yellow or brown. Bright green, haba
What do you expect the colour of ewedu to be when it is a green plant (vegetable)? I doubt if you eat ugwu leaves, water leaf, bitter leaf, spinach and other green vegetables then.

4 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Sultty(m): 9:34pm On Dec 19, 2022
rich oha soup with eba and I like suya and well prepared kilishi

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by shantti(m): 9:40pm On Dec 19, 2022
Kwinesther:
What do you expect the colour of ewedu to be when it is a green plant (vegetable)? I doubt if you eat ugwu leaves, water leaf, bitter leaf, spinach and other green vegetables then.

bro do u just argue for argument sake?
what r u even hitting at?
i told u that the color of ewedu is a turn off for me and u r bringing in bitter leaf soup, water leaf soup and co into the argument. is the color of bitter leaf soup same as ewedu?

r these two soups the same in terms of color or u just want to argue

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Benwallt(m): 9:43pm On Dec 19, 2022
Yam and cabbage
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Godsonkemz(m): 9:47pm On Dec 19, 2022
Afang soup. Tasted it for the first time during my service year after camping at Nsit attai

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Sammy5413(m): 9:53pm On Dec 19, 2022
None!!!
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Looter100: 9:56pm On Dec 19, 2022
VeryWickedGoat:
Ewa goin
All other Afonja foods are poisonous.
wicked goat gangan
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Kwinesther: 10:06pm On Dec 19, 2022
shantti:

bro do u just argue for argument sake?
what r u even hitting at?
i told u that the color of ewedu is a turn off for me and u r bringing in bitter leaf soup, water leaf soup and co into the argument. is the color of bitter leaf soup same as ewedu?

r these two soups the same in terms of color or u just want to argue
I mentioned those other vegetables because they have same colour as ewedu plant (raw,uncooked) but I get you now. The color is like that because it is usually cooked without oil, pepper, meat etc unlike bitter leaf, ugwu and others that are cooked with soup ingredients. That's why ewedu cannot be eaten alone, it is usually mixed with gbegiri or stew for it to taste good and be enjoyed well. Ewedu soup is dark green, I am a lady though.

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by sacajawea: 10:07pm On Dec 19, 2022
Pierced:

Enugu
Most Igbos tend to dislike amala

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Nigerian Yam Porridge Without Palm Oil: How Make Yam Porridge In Tomato Sauce / How To Prepare KFC Fried Chicken (yes You Can Do It All By Yourself) / The Best Edikaikong Soup Recipe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.