Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,669 members, 7,813,236 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria - Phones (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria (95128 Views)

My Spacex Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria / Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) / Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibawon(m): 3:41pm On Feb 29
CavendishPlex:
I think it's best you know the power consumption (in Watts) of your devices which would in turn determine the capacity of the UPS you should get. When I was to buy my UPS some 2 weeks ago, I simply added the wattage of my 55-inch TV which consumes 145W, my Fire TV Cube and Fiber Optic modem (though both of which I couldn't ascertain their power consumption as it's not clearly stated). In total, I don't expect they exceed 250W and so I went for a UPS with a capacity of 510W which turned out just right as it handles my appliances effectively before a power source change. Experts in the house can help elucidate this better.

Thanks. Na 1.5 KVA own I dey buy
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Ayomipoe(m): 3:47pm On Feb 29
That brief moment, are you sure it is brief?

A normal 2500va Mercury UPS should serve you fine.

I previously used an APC Back-UPS Pro, 1500VA/865W and it could carry my Starlink only for about 2-3 hours, about 30-40 mins when the battery degraded.

I am pretty sure a 1000va UPS will serve you fine.
The reason why I mentioned the stuff about the brief moment is because Ultimately, you should look to put your Starlink on some LiPo Battery and an Inverter. It will be expensive, but it is worth every penny.

ibawon:
Abeg my people, I need help based on what UPS to get. I want to power my laptop, a 27" monitor and Starlink, just for the brief moment before I switch to Gen. Please advise which type I can get.

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by CavendishPlex: 4:25pm On Feb 29
Cool.

ibawon:

Thanks. Na 1.5 KVA own I dey buy
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by db15: 6:46am On Mar 01
Many thanks. I spoke to dhl and sent a mail. First batch of the package has been received
pcachuks:

Just track it and change the delivery to DHL office pick up.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by udatso: 5:02pm On Mar 02
Now that starlink has increased the price of the device from 378 to 800k, I won't be surprised if the criminals here who call themselves resellers increase it from 900k to 2m.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by QuoteJust1nce: 6:49pm On Mar 02
udatso:
Now that starlink has increased the price of the device from 378 to 800k, I won't be surprised if the criminals here who call themselves resellers increase it from 900k to 2m.

Even though they are ultra-greedy; cant blame them one bit. I blame the "lazy" ones who cannot take out just 5mins to read and follow instructiosn as clear as day. It doesn't even take up to 5mins to process the order. Even the installation itself is plug and play. So what gives? But my people are too lazy. In my case. Starlink mentioned reduceds speeds due to roam as residential has more priority. Yet, I get speeds in the 200+ from anywhere in the building.

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by GreaterFuture(m): 12:50pm On Mar 03
udatso:
So if I order today, the naira Price is 800k?
How long does it take generally to be delivered
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by oluwapoju(m): 4:08pm On Mar 03
I need help, my starlink just stopped working. I have tried unplugging and plugged 🔌 back, it still not coming up
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by udatso: 5:13pm On Mar 03
GreaterFuture:

So if I order today, the naira Price is 800k?
How long does it take generally to be delivered
Go to starlink dotcom and see the breakdown of the price. Typically if there's coverage in your area, it takes max of 2 to 3 weeks

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by GreaterFuture(m): 5:29pm On Mar 03
udatso:

Go to starlink dotcom and see the breakdown of the price. Typically if there's coverage in your area, it takes max of 2 to 3 weeks
Okay.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by donkach: 9:28pm On Mar 05
Who has bought business packages. My bank cards hasn't worked. I have tried Stanbic, and Fidelity. Chipper Dollar, didn't work as a result of Dollar spending limit

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Bobola07(m): 11:05pm On Mar 05
Abeg who had tried paying for February's cycle?
All my naira cards no dey work, from gtb to access to Kuda, even chipper naira card.
Pls what's wrong?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Ayomipoe(m): 11:16pm On Mar 05
Kuda worked for me.

Bobola07:
All my naira cards no dey work, from gtb to access to Kuda, even chipper naira card.
Pls what's wrong?

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Bobola07(m): 12:34am On Mar 06
Ayomipoe:
Kuda worked for me.

Thanks so much bro
I just tried with my Kuda again and it worked
.🙌🙌
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by pcachuks(f): 1:03am On Mar 06
Bobola07:
Pls what's wrong?
My Kuda works fine

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by pcachuks(f): 1:09am On Mar 06
I placed an order for Starlink on February 7 and have been experiencing delays due to capacity issues. Despite being charged the full amount of $378 + $32K from my Kuda account, only the $32 deposit reflects in my account balance. Upon contacting Starlink support to inquire about the discrepancy in the invoice, I was informed that the funds would be returned to my account within a month. Currently, I'm without the device and my money, as Lagos has reached its capacity limit. Is anyone else facing a similar situation?

S
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ask4bk(m): 10:12pm On Mar 07
PotatoSalad:

Profit motive is good when it operates within moralistic boundaries. Take away those boundaries and the motive becomes greed.
Many Nigerians don't know this..

It's even crazier when you know that these thieves selling the kit at 900k probaby manage the accounts of some of their naive customers who don't even know starlink has an app, and bill them like crazy. I mean, anyone foolish enough to spend 500k extra on a kit has an empty brain.
Well, to each their own.

I know a guy paying 75k monthly in ibadan to resellers for monthly subscription. He doesn't know he's cheated. The resellers don't give you log in details. They say when you want to renew, pay to the 75k. And clients pay coz they enjoying smooth starlink service

2 Likes

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ask4bk(m): 10:19pm On Mar 07
damseremie:
Hi Everyone.
I just tried paying for my Starlinnk Subscription with my GTB Bank Card. ( which typically always works) .
For some reason, It's not working oooo.
Has this happened to anyone? Has GTB stopped payments because of the dollar wahala?
Happened to me too oh.
I had to move to Ecobank card which they accepted. I'm surprised Gtb stopped
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ask4bk(m): 10:44pm On Mar 07
ibawon:
Abeg my people, I need help based on what UPS to get. I want to power my laptop, a 27" monitor and Starlink, just for the brief moment before I switch to Gen. Please advise which type I can get.

I use a 1kva abi 1000watt UPS and works well with my starlink, dstv, android box and tv, keeping me live till power is changed.

I once used only my starlink on the ups and it worked for 45min before going off
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibawon(m): 1:55am On Mar 08
ask4bk:

I use a 1kva abi 1000watt UPS and works well with my starlink, dstv, android box and tv, keeping me live till power is changed.

I once used only my starlink on the ups and it worked for 45min before going off
I got 1.5kva
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by PotatoSalad(m): 5:24am On Mar 08
ask4bk:

I know a guy paying 75k monthly in ibadan to resellers for monthly subscription. He doesn't know he's cheated. The resellers don't give you log in details. They say when you want to renew, pay to the 75k. And clients pay coz they enjoying smooth starlink service
wait make i go wash my eyes shocked
Please alert the person make e call police abeg
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Fuadeiza(m): 2:42pm On Mar 11
I just placed order for my starlink roam option.

I used Access Bank Visa Card.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by lukfame(m): 4:33pm On Mar 11
Good evening my people.
I finally got delivery of my Ethernet cable. Can someone help out with how I can run the connection with my Tp link with or without bypass mode.

Thanks
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by QuoteJust1nce: 2:33am On Mar 12
lukfame:
Good evening my people.
I finally got delivery of my Ethernet cable. Can someone help out with how I can run the connection with my Tp link with or without bypass mode.

Thanks

Very easy! The ethernet adapter plugs into the Starlink router. Then an ethernet cable is plugged one end into the ethernet adapter and the other end into your router. In my case it's a Nokia Beacon. There is really no need to turn on bypass mode. In my case, I renamed the SSID of the Nokia beacon to the same as the Starlink. This allows devices to seamlessly switch between the main Starlink router or the Nokia Beacon depending on where they are and signal (not network) strength; without having to manually switch wifi networks. The most important thing to do is split your network (if you haven't done so) into 5GHz and 2.4GHz from the Starlink app settings. if your TP Link supports splitting, do the same. Enjoy

5 Likes

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibawon(m): 6:28pm On Mar 12
QuoteJust1nce:

Very easy! The ethernet adapter plugs into the Starlink router. Then an ethernet cable is plugged one end into the ethernet adapter and the other end into your router. In my case it's a Nokia Beacon. There is really no need to turn on bypass mode. In my case, I renamed the SSID of the Nokia beacon to the same as the Starlink. This allows devices to seamlessly switch between the main Starlink router or the Nokia Beacon depending on where they are and signal (not network) strength; without having to manually switch wifi networks. The most important thing to do is split your network (if you haven't done so) into 5GHz and 2.4GHz from the Starlink app settings. if your TP Link supports splitting, do the same. Enjoy
Baba shey this Nokia beacon get app. Abeg you fit share screen shot and pictures of the beacon + how much you got it
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by lukfame(m): 9:21pm On Mar 12
QuoteJust1nce:

thanks a lot chief.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by QuoteJust1nce: 11:14pm On Mar 12
ibawon:

Baba shey this Nokia beacon get app. Abeg you fit share screen shot and pictures of the beacon + how much you got it

For sure it does have apps in the phone stores (asides the regular web UI). Pictures full Google (Nokia wifi beacon 1.1)
There are newer versions. Should cost you right now about 95k before shipping.
Couldn't find it in Nigeria unless you perhaps go via network providers.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibawon(m): 12:12am On Mar 13
QuoteJust1nce:

For sure it does have apps in the phone stores (asides the regular web UI). Pictures full Google (Nokia wifi beacon 1.1)
There are newer versions. Should cost you right now about 95k before shipping.
Couldn't find it in Nigeria unless you perhaps go via network providers.
Thanks Brother
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by pcachuks(f): 11:10am On Mar 13
I need help oo

Hello everyone,

I need some assistance. Has anyone experienced this before?

I placed my order on January 17th, and my account was charged a total of 394,700 Naira. This includes 378 Naira for the device and a 32,000 Naira deposit, minus 16,000 Naira for shipping, totaling 394k. However, the invoice on my Starlink account only shows a deposit of 32,000 Naira and does not reflect the entire amount debited from my debit card.

I have submitted a support ticket, but Starlink is insisting they only took 32k from my account. I even attached the receipt of the transaction from my Kuda account, which clearly shows 394k. I cannot afford to lose my money, and I am still waiting for the device due to capacity issues. I was considering asking them to switch me to roaming since I have been billed for the device since January, but they are not being cooperative.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by QuoteJust1nce: 11:38am On Mar 13
pcachuks:
I need help oo

Hello everyone,

I need some assistance. Has anyone experienced this before?

I placed my order on January 17th, and my account was charged a total of 394,700 Naira. This includes 378 Naira for the device and a 32,000 Naira deposit, minus 16,000 Naira for shipping, totaling 394k. However, the invoice on my Starlink account only shows a deposit of 32,000 Naira and does not reflect the entire amount debited from my debit card.

I have submitted a support ticket, but Starlink is insisting they only took 32k from my account. I even attached the receipt of the transaction from my Kuda account, which clearly shows 394k. I cannot afford to lose my money, and I am still waiting for the device due to capacity issues. I was considering asking them to switch me to roaming since I have been billed for the device since January, but they are not being cooperative.

Speak to your bank and ask for a tracer.
Should be pretty easy to see how the money moved and where it is currently at.
I know for sure Starlink would only take the deposit and not the full sum UNLESS there was a glitch in which case your bank can do a fund recall.

3 Likes

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Fuadeiza(m): 6:33pm On Mar 13
Fuadeiza:
I just placed order for my starlink roam option.

I used Access Bank Visa Card.

It arrived today. Will be setting it up tomorrow or Friday.

I need to get a UPS to use with it.

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibawon(m): 7:22pm On Mar 13
1.5kva will work well. Enjoy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (48) (Reply)

Two Simple Methods To Fix Android Camera Error (can't Connect To The Camera) / How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) / Iphone SE 2020 ($399): Should Anyone Buy This?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.