Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,644 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria - Phones (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria (96002 Views)

My Spacex Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria / Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) / Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by BadMaster: 8:00pm On Apr 04
Qhennie:

Hello Please, I have a question, I want to ask a friend of mine in the UK to purchase one for me without an account or to use my Nigeria details to purchase it in the Uk. If he ships down to Nigeria, will I be able to activate it even though it was purchased in the UK and delivered to Nigeria. WHat do you think?
If they're able to buy it without an account over there, then fantastic, you should be able to use it here in Nigeria and register it for residential or roaming service, depending on service availability in your location.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Qhennie: 10:43pm On Apr 04
BadMaster:

If they're able to buy it without an account over there, then fantastic, you should be able to use it here in Nigeria and register it for residential or roaming service, depending on service availability in your location.
Thanks a lot for your reply. But the reason why I asked is that I understood from your comment that u did the same. Is that true or did I just assumed that?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by PotatoSalad(m): 12:12am On Apr 05
Qhennie:

Hello Please, I have a question, I want to ask a friend of mine in the UK to purchase one for me without an account or to use my Nigeria details to purchase it in the Uk. If he ships down to Nigeria, will I be able to activate it even though it was purchased in the UK and delivered to Nigeria. WHat do you think?
Why not ask the person to order from starlink website and send to your address? All this long process just to get kits. If kits are available at their Lagos warehouse and your cell is open, you should be able to receive them in about 3-5 days from date of purchase. My adapter that was shipped from California, took just 1 week to get to me.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by BadMaster: 1:32am On Apr 05
Qhennie:
Thanks a lot for your reply. But the reason why I asked is that I understood from your comment that u did the same. Is that true or did I just assumed that?

No, I didn't go through that route. I got mine here in Nigeria.

But, like I said, Starlink has a provision of registering a device that is not attached to an account. See screenshot below

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by udatso: 7:15am On Apr 05
tosin1570:
Good morning all,

I do have 20 brand-new not registered or link to any account just arrived this morning( London) they should be arriving in Lagos on the 13th of April, please do let me know if you have interested and book your slot now

Price is 720K
Bulk price is 700K
What's your digits. I know someone who is interested

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Qhennie: 7:45am On Apr 05
BadMaster:

No, I didn't go through that route. I got mine here in Nigeria.

But, like I said, Starlink has a provision of registering a device that is not attached to an account. See screenshot below
I really appreciate this.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by tosin1570(m): 10:28am On Apr 06
Make sure they don't buy them directly from Starlink if they do, starlink automatic link it to their UK address and you won't be able to transfer ownership for 120days

Qhennie:

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by georgee(m): 10:42am On Apr 06
ibawon:

Baba you just dey disturb your self over nothing. Tell customer support they'll replace it and even dash you one month free sub. I have the extra lying under my desk too
How many days did it take ur kit to ship after it was ordered?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by tosin1570(m): 3:51pm On Apr 06
sure 08032504622

udatso:

What's your digits. I know someone who is interested
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibawon(m): 6:23pm On Apr 06
georgee:

How many days did it take ur kit to ship after it was ordered?
It varies 20-10 days

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by oluwapoju(m): 9:15pm On Apr 06
otis54:
My Starlink went offline overnight and I’ve tried switching it off and on, disconnecting and reconnecting the cables at both ends (Starlink and router), I even tried resetting the router but I’m still offline. Whenever the router is trying to calculate orientation, it goes offline immediately and stays offline. Messaged support this morning, took all the necessary pictures and after a few minutes, I got a reply from support that a new cable has been sent to me at no extra cost. Through my Starlink account, I can see they are preparing the shipment.
Hopefully, the cable arrives as soon as possible. Starlink is really trying when it comes to customer support.
They sent a new kit for me at no extra when my router failed to come on after 1 year plus usage. Dem sabi business
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by oluwapoju(m): 9:26pm On Apr 06
georgee:
I think it's the router that is damaged.

I just tested the power cord with a tester, plugged to electricity and it brought out light.. My starlink router is damaged from all indications shocked shocked
Same happened to me. They sent replacement kit without extra cost

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by oluwapoju(m): 9:30pm On Apr 06
New Update from Starlink

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by easyyoke: 10:32pm On Apr 07
otis54:
My Starlink went offline overnight and I’ve tried switching it off and on, disconnecting and reconnecting the cables at both ends (Starlink and router), I even tried resetting the router but I’m still offline. Whenever the router is trying to calculate orientation, it goes offline immediately and stays offline. Messaged support this morning, took all the necessary pictures and after a few minutes, I got a reply from support that a new cable has been sent to me at no extra cost. Through my Starlink account, I can see they are preparing the shipment.
Hopefully, the cable arrives as soon as possible. Starlink is really trying when it comes to customer support.

Bro, when did you buy your starlink and when did you report this issue to starlink. I am having thesame issue, but when I unplug and replug the cable like 5 times, it eventually picks. This happens almost everytime I switch off the router. I have to unplug and replug the cable like 3 to 5 times before it eventually comes back online. I have been suspecting that the cable has issues but its been over a year since I bought my starlink so I have been thinking even if I contact support, they may say I should pay for new cable since my starlink is over a year now. When did you buy yours and how long between then and the time you contacted support for the issue maybe I may still be eligible for free new cable too
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by otis54(m): 10:35am On Apr 08
easyyoke:

Bro, when did you buy your starlink and when did you report this issue to starlink. I am having thesame issue, but when I unplug and replug the cable like 5 times, it eventually picks. This happens almost everytime I switch off the router. I have to unplug and replug the cable like 3 to 5 times before it eventually comes back online. I have been suspecting that the cable has issues but its been over a year since I bought my starlink so I have been thinking even if I contact support, they may say I should pay for new cable since my starlink is over a year now. When did you buy yours and how long between then and the time you contacted support for the issue maybe I may still be eligible for free new cable too
Mine isn’t up to a year yet but you can complain to customer support. There are others who complained to Starlink regarding the same issue and they’ve had their Starlink for over a year plus, which they got a new cable all for free. So quickly message customer support, I’m sure they will surely send you a new cable

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by odimbannamdi(m): 10:09am On Apr 10
The last time I checked the price of Starlink, it was 800k. I checked it now and it is 440k. What is driving the reduced price?

I am asking around to know whether anyone in Lagos sells at this discounted price. Do you think it is a good idea? If I buy from someone, will I get support from Starlink themselves if I have issues in the future that may warrant replacement of parts?

Also, I tried ordering directly from the website, but I can't find my address there. Will it be an issue if I use another address?

Can payments on the website be done using our usual naira card? And how long does it typically take for the hardware to arrive after ordering?

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Loneley: 10:31am On Apr 10
Hi guys,

I'm trying to take advantage of the discount, but I'm in Lagos and Starlink is at capacity, what would you recommend I do?

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by georgee(m): 10:31am On Apr 10
odimbannamdi:
The last time I checked the price of Starlink, it was 800k. I checked it now and it is 440k. What is driving the reduced price?

I am asking around to know whether anyone in Lagos sells at this discounted price. Do you think it is a good idea? If I buy from someone, will I get support from Starlink themselves if I have issues in the future that may warrant replacement of parts?

Also, I tried ordering directly from the website, but I can't find my address there. Will it be an issue if I use another address?

Can payments on the website be done using our usual naira card? And how long does it typically take for the hardware to arrive after ordering?
It doesn't have to be your direct home address.. Type an address that is around 5Km radius from your place (This is the way i ordered mine)
Why would you want to buy from a 3rd party when are so sure Starlink has reduced the hardware Kit price?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by odimbannamdi(m): 10:36am On Apr 10
Loneley:
Hi guys,

I'm trying to take advantage of the discount, but I'm in Lagos and Starlink is at capacity, what would you recommend I do?

I also don't understand that English. Grateful if someone cares to clarify.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by odimbannamdi(m): 10:37am On Apr 10
georgee:

It doesn't have to be your direct home address.. Type an address that is around 5Km radius from your place (This is the way i ordered mine)
Why would you want to buy from a 3rd party when are so sure Starlink has reduced the hardware Kit price?

Good idea. Regarding the emboldened, I was just wondering aloud jare. Please do you have any response to my other questions?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by QuoteJust1nce: 11:06am On Apr 10
You are asking the same questions over and over again. The thread is just 43 pages long. I'll advise you invest some time to read from page 1 to the end. And then na you go answer your own questions by yourself.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by georgee(m): 11:10am On Apr 10
odimbannamdi:

Good idea. Regarding the emboldened, I was just wondering aloud jare. Please do you have any response to my other questions?
I believe u mean the full capacity question

For each region, starlink has specific amount of satellite deploy to cater for each region/device

So it means that we now have maximum number of device to be catered for by the satellites

For Lagos to av more space, more satellites would have to be deployed

Hope my explanation is understood undecided
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by odimbannamdi(m): 11:12am On Apr 10
georgee:

I believe u mean the full capacity question

For each region, starlink has specific amount of satellite deploy to cater for each region/device

So it means that we now have maximum number of device to be catered for by the satellites

For Lagos to av more space, more satellites would have to be deployed

Hope my explanation is understood undecided

Yes, that's the question I referred to, and thanks for clarifying. I understand now. But how is this full capacity situation affecting the speed of the internet service of Starlink? Are users reporting slow or congested service?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by georgee(m): 11:18am On Apr 10
odimbannamdi:

Yes, that's the question I referred to, and thanks for clarifying. I understand now. But how is this full capacity situation affecting the speed of the internet service of Starlink? Are users reporting slow or congested service?

Starlink no be Nigerian oooo. Dem don cater for all devices sold directly by them vis-a-vis satellites.. So speed dey Kampe
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by odimbannamdi(m): 11:20am On Apr 10
georgee:

Starlink no be Nigerian oooo. Dem don cater for all devices sold directly by them vis-a-vis satellites.. So speed dey Kampe

Lol...of course, I know sey no be Nigerian company nau...was just wondering about the capacity issue.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by georgee(m): 12:40pm On Apr 10
odimbannamdi:

Lol...of course, I know sey no be Nigerian company nau...was just wondering about the capacity issue.

As e be, not sure anyone is complaining about speed unless u get defective kit/cable
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by georgee(m): 12:43pm On Apr 10
My replacement Router and cord are now shipped.. Expected delivery date is Monday 15th April, 2024

I am so happy.. Plus say dem go dash me 1 month free subscription..

Kai cool cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Qhennie: 10:33pm On Apr 10
BadMaster:

Thanks Guys, the price has been slashed to half the original price and I have ordered for it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by GucciX: 1:12am On Apr 11
Please which card did you use to make payment. I would like to take advantage of the discount.

Qhennie:

Thanks Guys, the price has been slashed to half the original price and I have ordered for it.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Zain007(m): 1:21am On Apr 11
GucciX:
Please which card did you use to make payment. I would like to take advantage of the discount.

Hi there, you can order for it on either Jumia or konga as they have official stores there and it's at their official price of 440k. I think they did this so as to remove waiting time for receiving of the kit by their customers.

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibawon(m): 6:39am On Apr 11
georgee:
My replacement Router and cord are now shipped.. Expected delivery date is Monday 15th April, 2024

I am so happy.. Plus say dem go dash me 1 month free subscription..

Kai cool cool
Na so he suppose be. I hope our local businesses emulate such behaviours.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by odimbannamdi(m): 6:45am On Apr 11
Qhennie:

Hello, please which card did you use to make the payment? My cards are not working

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (50) (Reply)

Infinix Zero 2: The Next Hero / 2go Downlaod, Tips, Star Cheats And Mobile Chats / If You Buy This N4.9million Solarin, God Will Not Forgive You (photo)

Viewing this topic: GoodBoi1(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.