Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,335 members, 7,815,660 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria - Phones (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria (96007 Views)

My Spacex Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria / Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) / Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by aieromon(m): 7:03am On Apr 11
odimbannamdi:

Hello, please which card did you use to make the payment? My cards are not working

Consider placing your order on Konga or Jumia.

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by odimbannamdi(m): 8:04am On Apr 11
aieromon:

Will I get to create a direct account with Starlink and get direct support (such as replacement of defective components as some folks got here) if I order from Jumia?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by martyns303(m): 8:09am On Apr 11
odimbannamdi:

Will I get to create a direct account with Starlink and get direct support (such as replacement of defective components as some folks got here) if I order from Jumia?

I have the same concerns too, I have tried both my GTB dollar and naira cards, none is working on the Starlink site, I am considering buying from Jumia but concerned if I’ll be getting support from Starlink since it wasn’t purchased directly.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by georgee(m): 8:21am On Apr 11
martyns303:

I have the same concerns too, I have tried both my GTB dollar and naira cards, none is working on the Starlink site, I am considering buying from Jumia but concerned if I’ll be getting support from Starlink since it wasn’t purchased directly.
Try stanbic Ibtc mastercard. That's what i use in paying for my monthly subscription. Gets debited directly
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by odimbannamdi(m): 8:35am On Apr 11
georgee:

Try stanbic Ibtc mastercard. That's what i use in paying for my monthly subscription. Gets debited directly

Thanks bro. Will open a Stanbic account first thing tomorrow morning.

Guys, will appreciate more recommendations too
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by aieromon(m): 8:41am On Apr 11
odimbannamdi:

Yes, you should.

Starlink has distribution agreement with TD Africa and retailership agreement with Jumia for the Nigerian market.

https://group.jumia.com/news/starlink-and-jumia-collaborate-to-expand-internet-service-in-africa

https://techpoint.africa/2024/02/07/tdafrica-becomes-starlinks-distributor-africa/

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by udatso: 9:09am On Apr 11
odimbannamdi:

Thanks bro. Will open a Stanbic account first thing tomorrow morning.

Guys, will appreciate more recommendations too
I just placed order for someone with Access Bank VISA card.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by udatso: 9:09am On Apr 11
martyns303:

Access bank VISA card works fine.

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by udatso: 9:10am On Apr 11
odimbannamdi:

Hello, please which card did you use to make the payment? My cards are not working
Access Bank VISA card works fine
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by purplekayc(m): 9:28am On Apr 11
aieromon:

It would be faster to get it delivered
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by martyns303(m): 10:45am On Apr 11
georgee:

Thanks so much, did you buy the residential or Roam, I have been trying the roam all this while, I decided to try the residential and the initial deposit of N32k actually went through with GTB.

I would have really preferred the roam.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by georgee(m): 1:26pm On Apr 11
martyns303:

Thanks so much, did you buy the residential or Roam, I have been trying the roam all this while, I decided to try the residential and the initial deposit of N32k actually went through with GTB.

I would have really preferred the roam.

Residential
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by GucciX: 2:19pm On Apr 11
I used kuda virtual card last night to place my order. Just ensure your payment does not exceed the 500k daily limit and it will go thru

odimbannamdi:

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by roak: 8:10pm On Apr 11
Access Bank USD prepaid card or Naira car

udatso:

Access Bank VISA card works fine
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by udatso: 9:36pm On Apr 11
roak:
Access Bank USD prepaid card or Naira car

Naira. But I learnt it's now available on jumia and konga. Even heard it's free delivery on same day. Why not try out that option instead of waiting for at least two weeks to get it delivered
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by cypher01: 5:37am On Apr 12
For anyone having issues with Starlink speed being slower after using external router.

Make sure you’re using a good Ethernet cable(cat 5e and above).
Make sure you don’t have a faulty Ethernet adapter(you can check that in Debug Data)

I’m using TP Link Er7212PC with Starlink and 2 MTN routers(one as Backup WAN and another as Access Point).

So instead of getting another router, you can use your old MTN router(use the WAN port, then change connection type to Cable Broadband).

Just make sure you don’t have cat 5 cables in your setup, this is very important

Just dropping my 2 cents

2 Likes

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by georgee(m): 11:38am On Apr 12
cypher01:
For anyone having issues with Starlink speed being slower after using external router.

Make sure you don’t have a faulty Ethernet adapter(you can check that in Debug Data)

I’m using TP Link Er7212PC with Starlink and 2 MTN routers(one as Backup WAN and another as Access Point).

So instead of getting another router, you can use your old MTN router(use the WAN port, then change connection type to Cable Broadband).

Just make sure you don’t have cat 5 cables in your setup, this is very important

Just dropping my 2 cents

Can i use my MTN 5G (ZLT X20) router as a 3rd party router instead of TP-Link am currently using

If Yes, how?

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by BadMaster: 3:06pm On Apr 12
cypher01:

Just dropping my 2 cents
Which of the MTN routers? Is it the ZLT X20 5G, ZTE MC801A 5G, or ZTE MF286 4G router?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by cypher01: 3:24am On Apr 13
georgee:

Can i use my MTN 5G (ZLT X20) router as a 3rd party router instead of TP-Link am currently using

If Yes, how?

I’m using the MTN Mc801a as my AP and the old 4g router as my backup wan . Now your usage will differ compared to mine since you need a router(my Er7212pc)

Go to your mtn router portal, change the connection type to Cable Broadband(you’ll choose the port to use). Plug your Ethernet cable coming from your Starlink router to the port.

You can either disable your Starlink router(bypass) nor not. Know that if you don’t, you’ll be double-natted.

Starlink uses 192.168.1.1/24 as dhcp range. Make sure your mtn router dhcp is different from that(by default, it uses 192.168.0.1/24.

You should be able to access internet from your mtn router WiFi then.

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by cypher01: 3:26am On Apr 13
BadMaster:

Which of the MTN routers? Is it the ZLT X20 5G, ZTE MC801A 5G, or ZTE MF286 4G router?

Mc801a as AP
MF286 as Backup wan

I choose that setup because mc801a supports Wifi6 with bigger band

I had to change my band for 5ghz to work on Apple devices.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by udatso: 9:10pm On Apr 13
Guys, starlink have reduced their network cable from 75ft to 50ft(15.2m). How will this be enough?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by georgee(m): 7:59pm On Apr 15
Finally, my replacement kits arrived today through DHL.

I am back with Elon.

Thanks to everyone who put in a word or 2 while i was off the network

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by udatso: 9:00pm On Apr 16
Placed order on the 11th and it arrived on the 15th. That's wowwww
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Qhennie: 2:33am On Apr 17
odimbannamdi:

I used kuda card and it worked.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Qhennie: 2:35am On Apr 17
odimbannamdi:

Yes you will. They are basically selling on those platforms as an affiliated seller. So the account selling starlink on both sites is starlink brand itself.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by morikee: 9:16am On Apr 17
Wahala for people using in countries like Niger Republic, Cameroon and Co

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by femi1743: 6:40pm On Apr 17
Thanks for this insight. I just placed an order and will pickup tomorrow or friday.

House, please i will need guidance on how to go from here...I stay in Ota, Ogun State so i hope capacity here isnt full like Lagos from what i have read so far on this thread.

How do i register for residential and what other accessories do i need to get (wall mount, ethernet adapter etc)
aieromon:

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by tosin1570(m): 7:48pm On Apr 17
Brand-new not registered or link to any account with 12 months Warranty directly from Starlink with like for like replacement your warranty start from the day of registration/activation available to pick up

Price is 425K

TEL 08032504622 or 08082188408

1 Share

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by GucciX: 7:54pm On Apr 17
Finally my starlink is here...just 4 days to deliver to the North East. Patiently waiting for my ethernet adapter

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by aieromon(m): 8:48pm On Apr 17
tosin1570:
Brand-new not registered or link to any account with 12 months Warranty directly from Starlink with like for like replacement your warranty start from the day of registration/activation available to pick up

Price is 425K

Two weeks ago....

tosin1570:
Good morning all,

I do have 20 brand-new not registered or link to any account just arrived this morning( London) they should be arriving in Lagos on the 13th of April, please do let me know if you have interested and book your slot now

Price is 720K
Bulk price is 700K

Happy sales.

6 Likes

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by georgee(m): 9:02pm On Apr 17
femi1743:
Thanks for this insight. I just placed an order and will pickup tomorrow or friday.

House, please i will need guidance on how to go from here...I stay in Ota, Ogun State so i hope capacity here isnt full like Lagos from what i have read so far on this thread.

How do i register for residential and what other accessories do i need to get (wall mount, ethernet adapter etc)
For you to know if your place is at full capacity or not , just go to www.starlink.com and put your address then click check availability.. U will get this info

If u want your network to be felt everywhere around ur apartment (2/3 bedroom flat, Duplex), u will need an ethernet adapter and a 3rd party router

I think the default plan is residential
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by udatso: 5:15am On Apr 18
georgee:

For you to know if your place is at full capacity or not , just go to www.starlink.com and put your address then click check availability.. U will get this info

If u want your network to be felt everywhere around ur apartment (2/3 bedroom flat, Duplex), u will need an ethernet adapter and a 3rd party router

I think the default plan is residential

How do you set it up?

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (50) (Reply)

Infinix Zero 2: The Next Hero / 2go Downlaod, Tips, Star Cheats And Mobile Chats / If You Buy This N4.9million Solarin, God Will Not Forgive You (photo)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.