Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,754 members, 7,813,493 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

Emefiele: Anti-DSS Protesters Storm Court, Petition AGF - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emefiele: Anti-DSS Protesters Storm Court, Petition AGF (22058 Views)

Atiku, Wike Teams Storm Court Over Legality Of PDP Presidential Primary / Oduduwa Agitators Storm Court To Disrupt Ekiti Governorship Election / IPOB To Storm Court For Nnamdi Kanu's Next Appearance On July 26, 2021 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emefiele: Anti-DSS Protesters Storm Court, Petition AGF by adenigga(m): 9:12pm On Dec 19, 2022
Want DSS DG sacked

Protesters numbering over 200 on Monday stormed a Federal High Court in Abuja following a suit secretly filed by the Department of State Services, accusing the Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Godwin Emefiele, of terrorism financing and other crimes.

The protesters included Buhari Legacy Defenders, Arewa Youth Consultative Movement, Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youth Movement, African Centre for Justice and Human rights, Ethnic Youth Leaders, Political Parties Chairmen Forum and Lawyers in Defence of Economic Rights and Justice.

They marched to the Office of the Attorney-General of the Federation where they submitted a petition against the action of the DSS and demanded the sack of its DG, Yusuf Bichi.

They also submitted similar letters to the office of the President, Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Inspector-General of Police, among others.

The protesters, who carried placards with various inscriptions, also alleged that the DSS embarked on the plot to remove the CBN governor for political and pecuniary reasons.

The leader of the protesters, Tochukwu Ohazuruike, who had earlier addressed a press conference, alleged that the DSS DG and his allies in the plot had already promised someone else the office on the agreement that the cash withdrawal limit policy would be immediately suspended.

The protesters also claimed that the plot of labelling Emefiele a terrorist was to undermine the President, usurp his powers to hire and fire and remove Emefiele from office on the strength that they would get an order to detain him for at least 60 days to impose another person as the Central Bank governor.

The DSS had approached the Federal High Court Abuja in the secret suit under S66 of the Terrorism Prevention and Prohibition Act, 2022 to demand that the court order for Emefiele’s detention for 60 days in the first instance.

Source: https://punchng.com/Emefiele-Anti-DSS-protesters-storm-court-petition-AGF

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Emefiele: Anti-DSS Protesters Storm Court, Petition AGF by Massiveglory: 9:16pm On Dec 19, 2022
Emilokan is desperate to set our nation ablaze for his dead on arrival ambition.
Tell emilokan that he will not be president. If he likes he should bribe all the security officials. He will not be president.

And if he continues in his desperate dubious moves, what happened in 1993 will repeat itself. He will be taken away.

172 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Emefiele: Anti-DSS Protesters Storm Court, Petition AGF by Flysinglemom(f): 10:00pm On Dec 19, 2022
Paid protesters

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Emefiele: Anti-DSS Protesters Storm Court, Petition AGF by Thegracefulness: 10:01pm On Dec 19, 2022
There’s always a truth and a lie. I don’t know who exactly said this but it stays resounding in my head, “When you decide to fight corruption in Nigeria, corruption would fight you with all it has; armed tooth and nail”.

I wish Emefiele goodluck. I don’t especially like him as a person, maybe considering his political affiliations and his previous utterances, but there’s no denying that his latest policies are advancing the economy, and shaping things.

If he’s innocent of these charges, may he come out free.

84 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Emefiele: Anti-DSS Protesters Storm Court, Petition AGF by Givemehope(f): 10:01pm On Dec 19, 2022
W
Re: Emefiele: Anti-DSS Protesters Storm Court, Petition AGF by davidupdate89: 10:01pm On Dec 19, 2022
grin

1 Like

Re: Emefiele: Anti-DSS Protesters Storm Court, Petition AGF by chris4gold(m): 10:02pm On Dec 19, 2022
Shey you dey whine me ni grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emefiele: Anti-DSS Protesters Storm Court, Petition AGF by Racoon(m): 10:02pm On Dec 19, 2022
The real terrorist go scot-free while the innocent non-favoured clique continue to suffer unjustly.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emefiele: Anti-DSS Protesters Storm Court, Petition AGF by APCnaPDP: 10:02pm On Dec 19, 2022
APC want to remove him through the back door but they have Baba Buhari to contend with. Baba wants to frustrate Tinubu’s presidential bid and the thing dey pain them.

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Emefiele: Anti-DSS Protesters Storm Court, Petition AGF by KanwuliaExtra: 10:03pm On Dec 19, 2022
Why are all these CBN governors always riddled with shaky employment status? undecided
Anytime any OLE-regime is coming to an end. . . .WAHALA go blow.

Sanusi. . .
Suludo. . . .
Emefiele. . . .
Re: Emefiele: Anti-DSS Protesters Storm Court, Petition AGF by backtovillage: 10:04pm On Dec 19, 2022
Wow wow wow
Re: Emefiele: Anti-DSS Protesters Storm Court, Petition AGF by Buhari4sale: 10:04pm On Dec 19, 2022
I don't even understand this country anymore. I don't want believe that this man name is ever mentioned or linked to terrorism because its not something to joke with or handle with soft hands..

So do they expecr dss to reveal the evidence they have agaisnt him when they are yet to finalise their investigations. Emefiele needs to be arrested for questioning and if found quilty, he shall be released.

See, I can't wait to see any of this buhari top officials killed like sadam hussein

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emefiele: Anti-DSS Protesters Storm Court, Petition AGF by Onewazobia(m): 10:05pm On Dec 19, 2022
The policy can be reverse after general election but should remain for now

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emefiele: Anti-DSS Protesters Storm Court, Petition AGF by Opintiwa: 10:06pm On Dec 19, 2022
In as much as I dislike Emifele and Buhari.

For this one .

Emifele goes nowhere

Tinubu and his stooge can try all they can .

Maybe Emifele can be convicted after elections but for now .

My brother gum body Wella .

Hahahahahaha

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Emefiele: Anti-DSS Protesters Storm Court, Petition AGF by Wealthoptulent(m): 10:06pm On Dec 19, 2022
Hush! Ouch!

Matter blend...
adenigga:
Want DSS DG sacked

Source: https://punchng.com/Emefiele-Anti-DSS-protesters-storm-court-petition-AGF

Re: Emefiele: Anti-DSS Protesters Storm Court, Petition AGF by AchichaMmuo: 10:07pm On Dec 19, 2022
I don't know why anytime they want to start this propaganda of defending crimals or to destabilise something, they will always go to the East to pick one hungry fellow to be their leader or spokesperson. Reminds me of Daniel kanu's YEAA, Youths Ernestly Ask for Abacha. They should know that Emefiele is not above the law and one day, will seize to be the CBN governor.

5 Likes

Re: Emefiele: Anti-DSS Protesters Storm Court, Petition AGF by othermen: 10:08pm On Dec 19, 2022
The protesters are sadly, not organic.
Emefiele needs to be forthcoming with Nigerians. If he is, and he can convince that this battle is in our interest; not for some political ulterior motives- then he should count on the support of well meaning Nigerians.

But all through, the Buhari administration, Emefiele has failed Nigerians. If this is chance at redemption, and he’s been put out. We may be in.

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele: Anti-DSS Protesters Storm Court, Petition AGF by Mrpojj(m): 10:08pm On Dec 19, 2022
adenigga:
Want DSS DG sacked

Do you people still think we have a president?
Re: Emefiele: Anti-DSS Protesters Storm Court, Petition AGF by nkemoma(m): 10:09pm On Dec 19, 2022
DON Emefiele the only Criminal that is deadlier than Raymond Abbas and Amoda.. Combined

The Bourdillion Lion is a small fry compared to ESCOfiele

6 Likes

Re: Emefiele: Anti-DSS Protesters Storm Court, Petition AGF by Naijareporter1(m): 10:09pm On Dec 19, 2022
MC Oluomo donates Branded vehicles to Tinubu/Shettima campaign organisation

Watch video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCGNZSbQx_I

1 Like

Re: Emefiele: Anti-DSS Protesters Storm Court, Petition AGF by noble71(m): 10:10pm On Dec 19, 2022
shocked
Re: Emefiele: Anti-DSS Protesters Storm Court, Petition AGF by Emmyxclusive: 10:10pm On Dec 19, 2022
Massiveglory:
Emilokan is Desperate to set our nation ablaze.
Tell emilokan that he will not be president. If he likes he should bribe all the security officials. He will not be president.
lazy youth, funny how u are quick to defend someone that has stolen ur future. Those hired protestors won't stop anything. Hon Gudaje who lead the investigation has already made public some documents. And if u don't know, Buhari himself appointed Gudaje and DSS to conduct the investigation in secret. This has nothing to do with tinubu, and for the record I'm not a tinubu supporter. I'm obedient.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emefiele: Anti-DSS Protesters Storm Court, Petition AGF by Tinubumyman: 10:10pm On Dec 19, 2022
Massiveglory:
Emilokan is Desperate to set our nation ablaze.
ibos will be taken 100 years back into slavery after this election..... Continue ur bitterness.... Marginalization of heavy count will visit u in every where in the country...

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emefiele: Anti-DSS Protesters Storm Court, Petition AGF by Reporting34(f): 10:10pm On Dec 19, 2022
Ok
Re: Emefiele: Anti-DSS Protesters Storm Court, Petition AGF by endy69: 10:11pm On Dec 19, 2022
Misplaced priority or paid protestants. The DSS is working on their constitutional empowered right. The DSS DG hasn't shown his political sentiment but Emefele has done so, Emefele is clearly not fit to still hold his office. DSS must be allowed to carry out its function. I stand with them on this, Emefele declared to run for an office while still holding the most sensitive position in Nigeria. All these his policies has political undertones to them and must be stopped

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emefiele: Anti-DSS Protesters Storm Court, Petition AGF by Mandate2023: 10:13pm On Dec 19, 2022
Paid protesters grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Emefiele: Anti-DSS Protesters Storm Court, Petition AGF by datola: 10:13pm On Dec 19, 2022
Confusion

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Demolitions: Don’t Cry Over Split Milk, Ohanaeze President Tells Igbos In Lagos / T.A Orji Receives His Senatorial Certificate Of Return From INEC - Photos / Nembe Youths Shut Down OML29 Oil Well Located In Nembe - Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.